• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachaos

I got Persona Q unopened at the moment and I think it might be time to actually play it.

Would it be alright to play it before playing Persona 3?

If you're planning on playing P3 anyway I'd say start with that. I guess it's alright not to but you'd have certain things spoiled and know all the character that will join your party. Also you'll never want to power through Persona 3's Tartarus after playing Persona Q's dungeons. One is the game's biggest (only, in my case) flaw while the other is the game's greatest strength.

Nachos

Yeah, Persona 1 was absurd. There's like nine or ten different physical attack types, and they're all organized into categories with super types that account for all types under it.
I just looked at a wiki, and it seems there's 29 skill types, with all but four having at least some form of attack. I haven't played through P1 yet, but that seems a little much.

Oh hey, remember a while back when people in this topic were saying they could tell what the P5 protagonist's characterization was like from the previous trailer?

lol

JNA

Banned
So I'm getting some resounding nos...Ok then I will ask for one final vote.

FES or P3P?

I'm leaning towards FES because:

- I'm playing as Male no matter what in either version.
- I want to see ALL the story content and I heard FES beats P3P in that category.

Although I do like controlling an entire party and can easily imagine myself getting frustrated letting the AI make stupid mistakes.

Which one though GAF? Final decision! How I play Persona 3 for the first time is in your hands! 0_0

I just found this Persona Q fanart!

48604427_p0_master1200.jpg
48604427_p1_master1200.jpg

Oh hey, remember a while back when people in this topic were saying they could tell what the P5 protagonist's characterization was like from the previous trailer?

lol

I also remember a lot of "Sho is going to be the protagonist" too. It wouldn't suprise me if he made a cameo though, him being a badass and all, just sho up all outta nowhere.

Jokes aside and speaking of cameos, I have to wonder if like the other 2 Personas before it, Persona 5 will have an appearance of some sort of a character from the previous iterations.

Sophia

FES or P3P?

- I want to see ALL the story content and I heard FES beats P3P in that category.

Although I do like controlling an entire party and can easily imagine myself getting frustrated letting the AI make stupid mistakes.

Which one though GAF? Final decision! How I play Persona 3 for the first time is in your hands! 0_0

It really doesn't matter. FES has The Answer (uber hard epilogue/sidestory) and P3P has the Female Protagonist.

If you're leaning towards FES, go with it.

FES or P3P?

FES, sounds like it's a better fit for you.

As an aside, one thing I really like about the P5 trailer is that it doesn't really touch on personas at all. Even after such a cool trailer with so many hints about the game, one of the biggest aspects is still a total mystery. Can't wait to see more.

FES or P3P?

FES looks like the best option for you. About the AI, you can manage to choose tactics and your party members will focus on attack, support, knock down the enemy, etc. So it is kinda an indirect control. The Answer is also a big deal regarding story content. If you don't feel like grinding and you aren't into dungeon crawling I'd recommend to play the game on easy mode as it is more difficult than P4.

And for myself, the game feels better when you can actually control and see the MC:

p3_1.jpg

FES or P3P?

I've always recommended FES first, then P3P on replays

I like FES's visuals over P3P's visual novel style MUCH more, and prefer to control my character and see other characters in a 3D environment, but prefer P3P's replayability, FeMC playthrough, and combat. FES aso has The Answer, and i may not like how they present the gameplay, but i love the story

Just another reason for a complete version of P3... (i must be annoying the crap out of everyone at this point with my "P3 Platinum" begging)

Zebetite

Banned

FES or P3P?

Go for FES. Do a FeMC P3P run if you like the game enough to replay it (around half the Social Links are new/altered from the Male route).

If AI teammates get you down, just remember that literally hundreds of thousands of people have managed to do it before you, so you can too.

But that's just my opinion. If you want an easier way of deciding for yourself, here's the main reason people say FES is better for the story content:

Imagine any scene in Persona 4 where anyone is talking to anyone. The characters are hanging around in a 3D environment. Their models have some fairly simple animations to indicate speech or reactions, as well as body language. On the bottom, a text box relays the dialogue, with a character portrait for the current speaker taking up a sizable portion of the "3D" chunk of the screen.

Persona 3 FES works exactly the same way. In Persona 3 Portable, this scene would be rendered with a static background (typically just a screenshot of that area from the PS2 game), with character portraits laid overtop.

For comparison, here's a screen from each version from the same scene. The fake scanlines are because the scene in question is a video recording.

hqdefault.jpg

p3p_screen_junpei_1--article_image.jpg

DNAbro

You know in all the P5 hype I almost completely forgot about P4DAN trailer. I absolutely can't wait for the soundtrack. Just the small samples in the trailer make me want more. I probably won't buy the game cause I don't have a Vita but dang I can't wait. Or maybe I will buy a Vita TV relatively soon. Hmm...

Also DANCE is so fucking fantastic.

PK Gaming

lol

So how do you feel about the P5 protagonist's phantom persona?

I seem to recall you fervently arguing against the notion of a protagonist having any sort of defined personality.

JNA

Banned
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

It's weird how lazy I have become with most video games. For some reason I can't even sit down on a chair to play some of them anymore. Been using remote play to play most of my PS4 games XD.

I think I have a problem. :(

Oh. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that could be the case since GOW Collection and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus were also PS2 games.

I see. No, unfuurrtunately not. (ಥ_ಥ)
Since they are remaster for the PS3.

It's weird how lazy I have become with most video games. For some reason I can't even sit down on a chair to play some of them anymore. Been using remote play to play most of my PS4 games XD.

I know that feline. It's because you joined NeoGAF. You're going to stop playing games forever! (ಠ‿ಠ)

The cat puns take over my mind again!

JNA

Banned
I know that feline. It's because you joined NeoGAF. You're going to stop playing games forever! (ಠ‿ಠ)

You know, now that I think about it, I have been playing less games since NeoGaf...

I BLAME ALL OF YOU THEN!

much love.

FluxWaveZ

Do you think it will be in the realm of Ultimax then when it comes to length?

No idea. Since they've redrawn character portraits and put in time for anime cutscenes, it'll at least be pretty substantial. Ultimax was around 20-25 hours, so I wouldn't be surprised if P4D was at least 10-15 hours. It's pretty unique for a rhythm game to have a fully fledged story like it's setting up to have.

EMT0

Banned
You know, now that I think about it, I have been playing less games since NeoGaf...

I BLAME ALL OF YOU THEN!

much love.

Don't worry, it gets better. You just have to fight a titanic battle of will to get the ball rolling. And remember, starting to play a game is a hell of a lot harder than playing the game itself no matter how hard the game itself is.

#GAFLyfe

Busaiku

Persona 4 The Animation is because it's licensed by Sentai.
But Atlus absolutely loves DLC, there's no way there won't be some.
Plus a bunch of these are remixes, so they might even be able to get the Persona 4 The Animation stuff in.

Squire

Banned
LTTP, but Akinas Trip is hot buttered garbage. Hope and prey P5 is nothing like it at all.

That man's a national treasure, I swear.

Pride of Canada. He loves P4G.

Okay, so I've got a theory: Someone mentioned the idea of stealing to get Personas as a mechanic, and I was speculating that maybe this mechanic will flat out replace Shuffle Time. Like how if you get an enemy low on health and/or downed, you can use the steal mechanic. If you're successful, you might get a Persona card, or one of the four minor arcana cards. The minor cards would just have the same effect as they did in P3 (Healing, bonus XP, consumables/equipment, or money)

We talked about this on the podcast tonight and couldbt really figure it out. I said I didn't really think negotiation would be in the game, but I also said I don't think Shuffle Time! is coming back either. Looking at your post, I think I may have figured it out.

"Take your heart"

What if, as you say, you weaken the demons in combat and then once they're weakened steal their heart to gain control over them?

Basically I agree.

DNAbro

Hmm, i just watched the P4DAN trailer again and noticed something at 36 seconds in

http://youtu.be/FTSfZFNNROE?t=36s

the guy in the portrait in the background. Wonder if it's a character in the game or just random pretty boy anime art for whatever reason.

EDIT: and i don't know how much people have gone over but i see a screen with what reminds me a bit of the ultimax story structure and Margret in the corner. I want to say it's not the normal velvet room and there a disco ball but I might just be seeing stuff.

do u remote play with psvita? can you share your experience? do you find it to be good experience and the screen size isn't too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom