• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scared now.

What was that thing about having Marie at max SLink then? Or is that still a spoiler for me?

Maxing Marie will unlock additional content, so more hours of story and gameplay. But that doesn't affect the true ending, although there is a connection between the ending and what you'll see after maxing Marie. I'll not say what it is 'cause it could be considered as a spoiler.

Dawg

Maxing Marie will unlock additional content, so more hours of story and gameplay. But that doesn't affect the true ending, although there is a connection between the ending and what you'll see after maxing Marie. I'll not say what it is 'cause it could be considered as a spoiler.

Considering I'm almost halfway december, how much "free exploration" do you still have? Mostly talking about SLinks. Don't think I'll get the max all SLinks thing (seems impossible without a guide) but I'm close to 10.

Considering I'm almost halfway december, how much "free exploration" do you still have? Mostly talking about SLinks. Don't think I'll get the max all SLinks thing (seems impossible without a guide) but I'm close to 10.

hmm not much time... I guess you don't want to know the deadline, but If you are around S.Link 7-8-9 iirc the remaining time should be enough to max a couple of them. The problem is that there are a lot of time skips during vacation..

FluxWaveZ

Yo, I have got to know, Persona 3 Vita Edition.

Yay or nay? 0_0

bBJmFEq.png

Andrefpvs

I would focus on completing the Social Links that are the nearest to 10 (or maybe max one or two of your favourites instead if they're not near 10). You'll definitely not be able to do them all.

Gazoinks

Yo, I have got to know, Persona 3 Vita Edition.

Yay or nay? 0_0

John works at AtlusUSA, he wouldn't really have any involvement in the development. Plus, even if it was in the pipeline (I seriously doubt it), he probably couldn't talk about it before it was announced.

As much as I'd like a definitive version of P3, I'm really ready to move on.

Sophia

Yes! I made sure to do that after people PM'd me saying I should ;PP

Basically, maxing Marie's social link unlocks a new dungeon between the good ending and the true ending that's exclusive to Golden. You also get new scenes on the Good and True endings if her social link is maxed out. The actual true ending is something else tho.

QuadOpto

Welp, just spent time removing and changing anything saying the characters were delinquents or criminals, or that they were going to the JRPG equivalent of Cromartie High School.

...Made that last one up. Thank god.

Anyway, I don't know if the system checks out the page for anyone but me, but if there are any further gleaming errors that I may have missed or worded improperly, give me a shout. If you visit the page, that is.

Dawg

hmm not much time... I guess you don't want to know the deadline, but If you are around S.Link 7-8-9 iirc the remaining time should be enough to max a couple of them. The problem is that there are a lot of time skips during vacation..

I would focus on completing the Social Links that are the nearest to 10 (or maybe max one or two of your favourites instead if they're not near 10). You'll definitely not be able to do them all.

Basically, maxing Marie's social link unlocks a new dungeon between the good ending and the true ending that's exclusive to Golden. You also get new scenes on the Good and True endings if her social link is maxed out. The actual true ending is something else tho.

Thanks.

Not sure if I should spoiler this but
do you keep a lot of stuff in NG+? Think I'll go for the platinum if I can do my 2nd playthrough under 40 hours.

Thanks.

do you keep a lot of stuff in NG+? Think I'll go for the platinum if I can do my 2nd playthrough under 40 hours.

IIRC, all the skills (charm, courage, academics, etc.) and the Persona compendium. Maybe other stuffs that I'm not remembering.. :/

You also keep all your money and the weapons shop keeps its inventory.

Yeah, that's it! Dude, now I remember you send me happy holidays or something at twitter but I just saw a month later, sorry I almost don't enter there anymore. Thanks a lot! xD I wish the best for all you guys by the way, 2015 will be ours!

I was gonna keep a save and replay Christmas Eve/New Years Date, but there is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much that happens between those two events so I guess I'll just youtube them

Jachaos

Thanks.

Something that's cool is you can change the difficulty on the fly during your 2nd playthrough. Which was essential in me getting the damn "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy. To get that one, you need to hear 250 (I think?) of her nav. lines. So sometimes I needed the difficulty to be hard so I wouldn't beat all the shadows in one shot, I would get poisoned, I would get enraged, I would get my defense lowered etc. so she would comment on those situations

The difficulty menu lets you can change the Exp. rate, the money you receive, the damage you give, whether you revive when dying, etc. so that makes the Platinum easier. You definitely need to not be too overleveled for some of Rise's lines and you also need to use all of the party members to hear Rise talk about Yukiko, Naoto, etc. in battle. I got the trophy while fighting
the boss of the dungeon you're in
so I still had quite the leeway for getting the trophy, but do know it's a pain.

As for the rest of the S.Links you currently haven't completed,
when you beat the boss of the dungeon you're in you'll get fast-forwarded to Christmas and miss some days you could've used for S.Links. So try to beat it on the 22nd if possible so only Dec. 23rd will get skipped. Also, finish up Rise and the party members you battle with before too long if possible. Having them maxed out in the next month is good, let's just say that.

I was gonna keep a save and replay Christmas Eve/New Years Date, but there is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much that happens between those two events so I guess I'll just youtube them

Yeah you could do that. About the true ending that just about everyone misses (including me), when you get to
the final day, when you've done everything, if something unresolved is nagging you, don't let anything get in your way, not even the game, remember to reach out to the truth ;)

Dawg

Something that's cool is you can change the difficulty on the fly during your 2nd playthrough. Which was essential in me getting the damn "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophy. To get that one, you need to hear 250 (I think?) of her nav. lines. So sometimes I needed the difficulty to be hard so I wouldn't beat all the shadows in one shot, I would get poisoned, I would get enraged, I would get my defense lowered etc.

You can change the Exp. rate, the money you receive, the damage you give, whether you revive when dying, etc. so that makes the Platinum easier. You definitely need to not be too overleveled for some of Rise's lines and you also need to use all of the party members to hear Rise talk about Yukiko, Naoto, etc. in battle. I got the trophy while fighting
the boss of the dungeon you're in
so I still had quite the leeway for getting the trophy, but do know it's a pain.

As for the rest of the S.Links you currently haven't completed,
when you beat the boss of the dungeon you're in you'll get fast-forwarded to Christmas and miss some days you could've used for S.Links. So try to beat it on the 22nd if possible so only Dec. 23rd will get skipped. Also, finish up Rise and the party members you battle with before too long if possible. Having them maxed out in the next month is good, let's just say that.

Thanks. Hardcore Risette is the only trophy I'm worried about because there is a lot of confusion on what counts and what not. I'll def keep it for NG+ because it seems less of a hassle with custom difficulty.

Sophia

John and Nich are just as clueless about what goes on at Atlus as me and you.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Bugging the Atlus USA staff who come into this thread about new games/Atlus Japan stuff is kind of pointless. If they know, they can't tell you anyhow and you're forcing them to lie, ignore you, or brush you off.

Personally, I think it's more fun to talk to them as regular posters anyhow. Seeing as they're fans too. :p

Nimby

Banned
So we got physical attacks and gun attacks now, I would guess that means the MC isn't limited to katana (or one weapon) like Yu. Are we still using One More or what?

I think guns as a second method of physical attacks is a good decision, Persona 4 downgrading physical attacks into only one category was a mistake, but P3 having Strike/Bash/Pierce was too much. Weapon/Gun really is the right balance for that.

Guess Who

Banned
So we got physical attacks and gun attacks now, I would guess that means the MC isn't limited to katana (or one weapon) like Yu. Are we still using One More or what?

While obviously they can have both a weapon and a gun seperately, when they show the list of melee weapons for the MC, they're all knives. Guessing he sticks to that category.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think guns as a second method of physical attacks is a good decision, Persona 4 downgrading physical attacks into only one category was a mistake, but P3 having Strike/Bash/Pierce was too much. Weapon/Gun really is the right balance for that.

Yeah, go back and play endure persona 1 :p

Sophia

Okay, so I've got a theory: Someone mentioned the idea of stealing to get Personas as a mechanic, and I was speculating that maybe this mechanic will flat out replace Shuffle Time. Like how if you get an enemy low on health and/or downed, you can use the steal mechanic. If you're successful, you might get a Persona card, or one of the four minor arcana cards. The minor cards would just have the same effect as they did in P3 (Healing, bonus XP, consumables/equipment, or money)

My guess is: There are two physical categories like in SMT IV, one for melee attacks, and one for gun/piercing attacks. It's a good compromise between P1 which had all sorts of categories, P3 and it's three categories, and P4 only having one.

As for if the main characters being limited to one weapon? Who knows. I imagine they probably have their own unique equips, as that's been standard for all Persona games, and it's how Persona 1 handled it's weapons.

Yeah, go back and play endure persona 1 :p

Yeah, Persona 1 was absurd. There's like nine or ten different physical attack types, and they're all organized into categories with super types that account for all types under it.

Jachaos

All the weapons the MC can buy seem to be knives. So I think some guessed the MC will have knives and pistols, Ryuji pipes and shotguns, Anne whips and SMG. It could make sense.

Nap1400

Okay, so I've got a theory: Someone mentioned the idea of stealing to get Personas as a mechanic, and I was speculating that maybe this mechanic will flat out replace Shuffle Time. Like how if you get an enemy low on health and/or downed, you can use the steal mechanic. If you're successful, you might get a Persona card, or one of the four minor arcana cards. The minor cards would just have the same effect as they did in P3 (Healing, bonus XP, consumables/equipment, or money)

So...like Pokemon?

Sophia

So...like Pokemon?

Pretty much, but tied into the Press Turn/One More! system. Also I may or may not want the protagonist just to flaunt what they've stolen dramatically. >_>;

All the weapons the MC can buy seem to be knives. So I think some guessed the MC will have knives and pistols, Ryuji pipes and shotguns, Anne whips and SMG. It could make sense.

I suspect Ryuji is just a two handed blunt weapon of some sorts, and the pipe is merely his first equip.

Nimby

Banned
While obviously they can have both a weapon and a gun seperately, when they show the list of melee weapons for the MC, they're all knives. Guessing he sticks to that category.

Aww really? Oh well, having two physical affinities is great. I agree P4 shouldn't have combined it all into one.

Soulflarz

Banned
The first SMT also had weapon/gun slots as well.

I plan on it, I mean I did but EVERY Persona game... actually I do own every US Persona game minus the vanilla version of P3 which doesn't count.

Its funny that you know about the first SMT yet youve only played P3 and are playing 4. And yeah, uh....dont play p1.

Sophias going to kill me

Its funny that you know about the first SMT yet youve only played P3 and are playing 4. And yeah, uh....dont play p1.

SMT1 was released on iOS so I played it for like 2-3 hours one morning

Also how super awkward does Yumi's social link end if you don't romance her?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The whole livestream made me listen to the P3 and P4 OSTs all the way through again and I gotta say P3's OST still >>>> P4's.

Jachaos

SMT1 was released on iOS so I played it for like 2-3 hours one morning

Also how super awkward does Yumi's social link end if you don't romance her?

It's been a while but not too awkward from what I remember.

Also I feel I've gone too long without mentioning beating Bass GS in MMBN3 around 10 years ago is a good memory of mine. If there were platinum trophies for all games I've 100% completed it'd be one of my favourites.

JNA

Banned
I got Persona Q unopened at the moment and I think it might be time to actually play it.

Would it be alright to play it before playing Persona 3?

Busaiku

You can, but there's actually a big (not central, but pretty important) spoiler.
Other things don't really have too much consequence, but that is a big deal.
But again, it's not central to the Persona 3 plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom