• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNA

Banned
Don't worry, it gets better. You just have to fight a titanic battle of will to get the ball rolling. And remember, starting to play a game is a hell of a lot harder than playing the game itself no matter how hard the game itself is.

#GAFLyfe

So true for me right now XD.

do u remote play with psvita? can you share your experience? do you find it to be good experience and the screen size isn't too small?

I played Dragon Age Inquisition on remote play and I loved it! Trying to play Shadow of Mordor with it however was kind of a pain. Once I feel the urge to play Farcry 4 on it, I'll see how first person shooters are on it.

So true for me right now XD.

I played Dragon Age Inquisition on remote play and I loved it! Trying to play Shadow of Mordor with it however was kind of a pain. Once I feel the urge to play Farcry 4 on it, I'll see how first person shooters are on it.

you played DAI on it? you played as in played for a few minutes or actually played a lot on it? I really wanna know what you think of it.

I suspect playing JRPGS esp turn based ones on the Vita remote play is going to be great.

JNA

Banned
you played DAI on it? you played as in played for a few minutes or actually played a lot on it? I really wanna know what you think of it.

I suspect playing JRPGS esp turn based ones on the Vita remote play is going to be great.

Played a lot on it. My overall bullet thoughts in it:

- I played as a Mage Knight Enchanter. So keep in mind that majority of the time, I would just use my spell blade instead of the regular Attack, speaking of which...
- BECAUSE I didn't play as a Warrior or Rogue, I was able to avoid the odd decision of having the regular Attack button but the back top right of the vita. I imagine playing a Rogue in that game will be more frustrating because of the odd controls decision. You CAN'T change it. :(
- The game looked great on that super sexy OLED screen.
- THIS MAY VARY but for me, I suffered almost no connection issues besides one or two little freezes every couple of hours or so. And it lasts only a couple of seconds even then.
- ZERO lag for me. Again, that may vary depending on your connection but at my home wifi, I was surprised how great the latency was for this. Absolutely wonderful!

Overall, everything was functioning almost perfectly for me. My only complaint honestly was the odd decision on where they assigned the regular Attack button and how for some reason I can't change it. It won't hurt you much at all if you are a Mage but if you are a dual wielding dagger rogue, the controls will take some getting use to for sure. I would go as far to say that DA:I looked like it was made to be played on the Vita IF I was able to change the controls.

I also heard playing driving games like DriveClub on it was really cool. I have yet to try this considering I don't have DriveClub but I'll see later.

What I have yet to test Remote Play on:

FPS games (I'll try Wolfenstein on it)
More 3D Action Adventure games (Shadow of Morder was kinda a pain)
Online multiplayer

I imagine playing turn based games would pretty much be a god send for Remote Play. Hell, I plan to get the PS4 version of Persona 5 and just remote play that shit on my Vita. XD

Setsu00

I don't think I'll be going on a media blackout regarding P5 until the game is actually released in Japan. PQ had extensive media coverage and still managed to keep everything regarding Zen and Rei under wraps.

Lusankya

P4's however, is very spoilery, what with it showing
Shadow Yosuke and Yukiko, though it's just the latter's Midnight Channel footage
. It also has the first hour or so of gameplay, and party members, but again, the opening spoils that.

I don't think the P4 video can be considered very spoilery. The mentioning of the shadow characters is not a spoiler but rather part of the basic story summary. Now I understand that there is a difference between just telling you there will be shadow characters and actually showing some of them, but I don't think it will affect your enjoyment of the game in any meaningful way.

Party members shouldn't be considered a spoiler as well, I mean we will see all (or most of them) on the box cover anyway. If it's really supposed to be a secret/surprise then they won't show them beforehand.

JNA

Banned
I don't I'll be going on a media blackout regarding P5 until the game is actually released in Japan. PQ had extensive media coverage and still managed to keep everything regarding Zen and Rei under wraps.

Yeah Atlus is usually very tight lipped about their games before release so I don't see why going on a media blackout would be necessary.

I imagine playing turn based games would pretty much be a god send for Remote Play. Hell, I plan to get the PS4 version of Persona 5 and just remote play that shit on my Vita. XD

Thank you for sharing your insight. FInal question is how you found the screen size of the Vita for playing PS4 games.

Were the details too small for the Vita? Did you have to squint?

JNA

Banned
Thank you for sharing your insight. FInal question is how you found the screen size of the Vita for playing PS4 games.

Were the details too small for the Vita? Did you have to squint?

Not at all. At least not for DA:I. I think they did a great job with that as well. Everything was pretty crisp on my end. Filled the screen completely and was able to see text clear as day. It's like I said, it would be a great Vita game if I was able to change the controls.

EDIT: I'm getting The Order 1886 so I'm really curious how it will be like in remote play as well.

Not at all. At least not for DA:I. I think they did a great job with that as well. Everything was pretty crisp on my end. Filled the screen completely and was able to see text clear as day. It's like I said, it would be a great Vita game if I was able to change the controls.

EDIT: I'm getting The Order 1886 so I'm really curious how it will be like in remote play as well.

sounds great! time to get a ps4 and remote it up it the vita then., thanks for the insight as always

I don't think I'll be going on a media blackout regarding P5 until the game is actually released in Japan. PQ had extensive media coverage and still managed to keep everything regarding Zen and Rei under wraps.
I wonder if the message from Elizabeth before the game's release helped.
"Please don't upload any spoilers after the 4th dungeon or I shall power/magic/agility seal you and throw you into a pack of FOEs"
Catherine had a similar warning too. I expect P5 will get one too. Probably issued by the twins?

Dawg

My phone is Persona 5 mode now >:D

B9Pt2IGCEAEi98a.jpg:large

headofbowl

Neo Member
Just some quick thoughts:

- When the MC appears to be apprehended , what if it's the velvet room? It is a jail and he is in a cell after all..

- I get the characters are colour coded by gloves, but can't see morgana's so I assume black?

- Also, what if the figure skating scenes are actually puppetry ? Makes sense with the themes and can be seen elsewhere, i.e the protagonist on the train and the fact the velvet twins move like marionettes and look like toy soldiers / nut crackers.

- It's been pointed out before but the opening will be similar in, at the very least, visual style to burn my dread. Looks cool but could be symbolic of moving forward ala p2- p3, clutching at straws with that though.

Lusankya

So I read that many of you guys want to go on a media black out sooner or later, but what stuff do you want to learn about before that?

For me I need to know the following things (in no particular order):

- More tracks. Of course not the important ones from emotinal scenes or the end boss theme, but like the generic battle theme or one of the ambient tracks. I also want to learn about the new singer.

- 2D artworks of the characters. I totally want to see Soejima's official art of the characters, not only of the main cast, but also the side characters like the hospital girl and the weapon guy.

- More characters of your party. I just assume there are going to be more characters joining your party and I want to see some of them. P4 had the whole cast right on the box art, Persona 3 showed 5 of them (on the original EU cover). So they don't have to show all of them, but a few more at least.

- The (changes in) gameplay. Here I have so many questions, which I hope get answered in next week's Famitsu. How does the "Cooperation" feature work? If it's not like the S. Links, what about the S.Links? What's the deal with the Shadow-like enemies on the map and Personas/Demons in battles? How to obtain Personas? Are the stats like Kowledge, Charisma, etc still there? How about the daily life planning? What about the Missions feature in the menu? Are there still 2D portraits for conversations?

- A little bit more about the story. While we know the general theme, we don't know anything beside that. Not even something like "The P4 party is chasing a serial killer in their small town of Inaba."

Dawg

I want to see the player explore one of the cities locations, showing some stuff you can do :)

I hope there will be a Jukebox with music from older games like Persona 3 and Catherine :D

So how do you feel about the P5 protagonist's phantom persona?

I seem to recall you fervently arguing against the notion of a protagonist having any sort of defined personality.
I dunno. It's hard to say, considering we're mostly going off of design, which is the same thing that tricks people into thinking the P3 protagonist had a defined personality. I take the wait and see method.

I feel like the Protag being Clarku Kent-like might actually facilitate the idea of broadening the blank slate-ness of the Protag.

I mean, with the exception of his core friends, most people would know him as the meek-looking bookworm who gets thrown chalk on his head.

So, if given the options of the kind of responses to give out, one could arguably present the Protag's choices of one where he's using his facade to give out a meek-ish response, whereas a more aggressive one is where he lets his true character leak out a little bit.

So, having a core personality/development that's consistent from beginning to end, but at the same time, allowing for him to act like a bipolar dude who's all kind and meek in front of one, and hot-blooded in front of the other.

I just want to see some S link stuff and some combat footage, it doesn't even need to be substantial just enough to give an idea of some tweaks and changes that will be made to those system, similar to this trailer and the dungeon footage. Everything else I'd prefer to see for myself when actually playing the game, especially story stuff and other characters.

Dawg

So I was thinking about what weapon types the remaining (secret) party members will have. What do you guys think about this:

Random anime picture from a girl with a sniper, but basically: Rise 2.0. She's support. What we've seen so far is that party members mostly have close range guns. I think a sniper would be a cool addition but it's not really close range unless we're going 360 noscope territory.

So what if she could be some kind of support character like Rise? Scouting the territory? If the idea about dungeons being heists in the real world now or whatever is true, she could be seated on top of a building or a random sniper nest somewhere firing off shots every now and then during battles like Rise does with her random attacks, no?

Just a thought :c

Nachos

You might change your mind after seeing this:

tumblr_njdt7pXlXe1rmrr84o1_1280.jpg
Is that yours? It looks really nice.

So I read that many of you guys want to go on a media black out sooner or later, but what stuff do you want to learn about before that?
To be honest, nothing more than what's in next week's Famitsu. I played Persona 4 six years ago while knowing next to nothing about it, and I want a similar experience with P5. That'll mean completely blocking out the usual channels where I'd be more likely to find spoilers without even looking, but that'll also give me more free time to do other things – hopefully more productive ones. I have faith in both Atlus Japan and Atlus USA, so I'm not really sweating the juicy details, either.

It'll be funny if, after Hashino mentioned that they want players who complete the game to approach life with a newfound desire for change, some players who go on a blackout end up doing that before the game's even out.

Sophia

No media blackout for me. I shall learn and consume everything there is to know about Persona 5.

...and then I'll use the info to blackmail... I mean report people to the mods who spoil!

Is that yours? It looks really nice.

Damn.

Edit: is that yours? I posted it in the trailer thread but I'd like to give the source if you have it.

Nope not mine, that person that made it, wrote that there'll probably a digital version. I am looking all the time if there's an update for this. Damn, I'm really looking forward to this!

Source

Actually I posted this picture in the trailer thread too, with source. Look at the previous page.

Nope not mine, that person that made it, wrote that there'll probably a digital version. I am looking all the time if there's an update for this. Damn, I'm really looking forward to this!

Source

Actually I posted this picture in the trailer thread too, with source. Look at the previous page.

I did check but I missed it.
I hope he/she uploads it.

Shengar

Random anime picture from a girl with a sniper, but basically: Rise 2.0. She's support. What we've seen so far is that party members mostly have close range guns. I think a sniper would be a cool addition but it's not really close range unless we're going 360 noscope territory.

So what if she could be some kind of support character like Rise? Scouting the territory? If the idea about dungeons being heists in the real world now or whatever is true, she could be seated on top of a building or a random sniper nest somewhere firing off shots every now and then during battles like Rise does with her random attacks, no?ww

That's not a random picture, that's Kozaki's sniper girl picture:O
We don't know if there'll be support character since it seems the dungeons are real world location (to the game) turned into demon invested. Unlike P3 and P4 where the dungeon is alternate dimension, navigation wouldn't so necessary. Of course this depend on how the dungeon work, it could perhaps warp reality and make navigation necessary but even then, support character will use electronic devices than sniper rifle considering the heist theme of the game. Maybe when shit turned to become more serious, a character with sniper rifle will appear. Who knows?

Dantis

So I was thinking about what weapon types the remaining (secret) party members will have. What do you guys think about this:

So what if she could be some kind of support character like Rise? Scouting the territory? If the idea about dungeons being heists in the real world now or whatever is true, she could be seated on top of a building or a random sniper nest somewhere firing off shots every now and then during battles like Rise does with her random attacks, no?

Man, Kozaki's so fucking good at drawing.

I hate him.

Also, a sniper would be cool, but I don't think it'll happen. Persona isn't really scaled to justify it.

That's not a random picture, that's Kozaki's sniper girl picture:O

*HIGH FIVE*

A sniper mite be cool, but I think they'll probably have P5's Rise/Fuuka have the same fundamental approach as the predecessors... actually be legitimately relevant at her type of role for P5.

Actual intel support for the team in the heist activities, and beyond that when it comes to the demon stuff.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Only if they include real guns, like Dragunov, Barrett M82A1, etc.(But they probably won't due to licensing, I think)

FluxWaveZ

It's a Rhythm game, why wouldn't it have DLC?

"Confirmed DLC." The only DLC that's been confirmed for P4D, as of yet, are costume sets.

I don't think they will be doing 18 min gameplay trailers anymore :p

What do you think the P4D special movie Blu-ray will turn out to be, then?

Nothing, pretty much. I don't need to see anything more concerning this game.

I can dig it.
MC = handguns
Ryuji = Shotguns
Anne = sub machine guns

I'm wondering how are guns going to be used in gameplay? Is there anything special about them or their functions? Also how varied does the weaponry get going from previous games?

There should be a Persona 5 fanart thread.

I was thinking of making one but the other thread is still really active.

What do you think the P4D special movie Blu-ray will turn out to be, then?

Anime OVA? Tbh I forgot about that disc.

PK Gaming

I dunno. It's hard to say, considering we're mostly going off of design, which is the same thing that tricks people into thinking the P3 protagonist had a defined personality. I take the wait and see method.

It's not just design, it feels like they're taking clear strides in setting up the P5 protagonist as his own entity—at least, in comparison to the other Persona protagonists. There was that bit in the live show where he directly spoke the audience, his phantom "phantom", and just the way he's presented.

There's simply more to him than any other protagonist. The fact that he attempts to pull off a heist at one point feels like a testament to that.

EDIT: There's also that animated opening sequence. I can't think of a megaten protagonist who directly appears alongside the other protagonists. (P4G doesn't count!)

Drop

A sniper mite be cool, but I think they'll probably have P5's Rise/Fuuka have the same fundamental approach as the predecessors... actually be legitimately relevant at her type of role for P5.

Actual intel support for the team in the heist activities, and beyond that when it comes to the demon stuff.

I think the new setting has a lot of potential in term of a support character, it could have a much more active role than Fuuka and Rise had before, not only giving information on the enemy.

Also I just realized I have no idea on how the dungeons will work, in the trailer, we see what looks like the mc going through the window of a casino, but we actually never see the mc and other people together, my guess is that they are two different scene.
We also see the party only fighting demons, but never encounter a human guard, I'm thinking they might be conducting the heists in a sort of dark hour,
kind of like Strega run their business
in P3.
It obviously wouldn't work like in P3 since we saw it's evening in the trailer, but that's my general idea, and it's just speculation.

Also I saw what look like stings hanging from the train driver's mouth, I think he's controlled like a puppet.

Dantis

It's not just design, it feels like they're taking clear strides in setting up the P5 protagonist as his own entity—at least, in comparison to the other Persona protagonists. There was that bit in the live show where he directly spoke the audience, his phantom "phantom", and just the way he's presented.

There's simply more to him than any other protagonist. The fact that he attempts to pull off a heist at one point feels like a testament to that.

EDIT: There's also that animated opening sequence. I can't think of a megaten protagonist who directly appears alongside the other protagonists. (P4G doesn't count!)

That train landing shot is so fucking good. Hot damn.

Also I agree. The first trailer presented him how the world sees him, whilst the second trailer shows how he wants to be seen. That very concept isn't possible with Makoto or Narukami. There's not enough there to warrant it.

Nimby

Banned

Reminds me. I hope they do away with the single support character. Anyone not in battle should be able to give support. And I hope they get rid of the Rise crap in Golden.

Dawg

Reminds me. I hope they do away with the single support character. Anyone not in battle should be able to give support. And I hope they get rid of the Rise crap in Golden.

Well, they do, kinda. Sometimes, Chie goes into battle on her scooter even though she's not in my party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom