• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are gonna talk about favorite S. Links, mine in Persona 3 were Aigis, Yukari,
Shinjiro
, Maiko (with FeMC), and Akinari (also with FeMC)

I would have put Akihiko on that list, but
the pacing got awkward on his last few S. Link events. I couldn't tell if he was in love with me (FeMC), if it was platonic, or if he just wanted to be friends. Also, it was right after Shinji, and i legitimately liked him, so his death was even harder than it was the first time around. Maybe i just wasn't over Shinji at that time

wmlk

liz was more endearing.

7Eliyjd.gif

And she had more interesting commentary. Marie trying to engage with others is really plain in comparison.

LeBron-James-Dancing-After-Winning-Gold-Medal-2012-London-Olympics.gif

Jachaos

What's the general consensus on Persona Q?

I loved it. The dungeons are great. It's not even comparable to regular Persona dungeons. What make Persona games great are somewhat there, depending on what we're talking about. Music is awesome. Characters are not on the level of their respective games, or at least that's the case for Teddie which is not funny at all and does nothing but ramble the same two lines all game long (while I liked him in P4 Golden).

You can't explore around a town with great music, it's a menus game outside of dungeons. There's plenty of laughs to be had though, and the social link aspects are somewhat there, though not on mainline games' level.

So yeah. It was one of my top 5 of last year, but I didn't love it as much as P4 or P3. Still very much worth playing.

Zebetite

Banned
What's the general consensus on Persona Q?

I enjoyed it as a gameplay experience, and the soundtrack was pretty good. The writing was mostly bad, but hey--it's a barely-relevant crossover spinoff, what can you really expect? It didn't take itself too seriously and did manage to be funny sometimes, so the writing has that much going for it.

I'm quite glad it exists, but I'm not exactly pining for Persona Q2.

Makio

The thing that puts me off with Marie is when she starts talking like stopyoubullygoddamnitannoyingshit

I dont know the Japanese version , but Eden Riegel (English VA) delivers that lines like a boss.

p4g_screens_adayinthelife_withmarie_thumb.jpg

But yeah Elizabeth is a waaaay better scenes ,and that dancing bit is the funniest moment of the game for me , and i love the option they give in the FemMC route to join her in the dancing crazy.

CorvoSol

This is the Figma, right? I might actually buy in on that.

I love the music though. And the music that will come later in it. And the aftermath scenes.

Music really is that dungeon's sell for me. The stuff that comes before the dungeon is good, but the
second hotsprings was not great

I could deal with even that, but I drew the line in the sand when they pulled the "outsider who is ignorant to the ways of humans" trope + everyone is in love with Marie.

Actual P4G scene:

Everyone sits around table except Marie. Everyone sighs and says her name.

Sun, Hermit, Lovers, Tower. Those were my favorite four in P3 that I experienced.

Those were all pretty great ones. Of the non-FeMC P3 ones I think Aeon's still my favorite.

Moon is the absolute worst, though. At least Kenji got what was coming to him.

Jachaos

Music really is that dungeon's sell for me. The stuff that comes before the dungeon is good, but the
second hotsprings was not great

That
hotsprings scene was bad, but then again both are. I hated those, especially the anime-cutscene parts of them. Cringy. I was mostly talking about the rest of the stuff that comes between the boss being beat and 3/20. So, Marie being the only one to give it to Rise right after waking up, the dungeon crumbling+Teddie's reaction (I love that face of his when he screams "We're all gonna die!") and, most of all, Valentine's Day shenanigans.

I've been playing P3: FES (played vanilla P3 the first time) and I'm trying to 100% Elizabeth's requests. It makes the game such a grind because at least two requests on each dungeon block are "find this rare item". My save is over a hundred hours right now and I think I still have 20-30 hours to go...

Drop

That looks amazing, the Rise one looks good too.

Sun in P3 is number 1 right?
Sun, Hermit, Lovers, Tower. Those were my favorite four in P3 that I experienced.

Sun is my favourite P3 Social link, followed by Lovers, others I liked were Devil, Hermit, Hyerophant and Hanged Man.

It's beautiful, that trailer sure boosted the number of fan art we're getting :p

If we have canon name, I'll go with canon name.

Otherwise, I'll go with "Akai Ito." for P5 =)

Aka = Red
Kaito = Phantom Thief

I'm calling my P5 MC 'Canon Name' just so it's future-proofed.

We rarely find out the canon name until after the game releases though, especially if it's going to be relatively close in release gap between Japan and US.

arue

I'll name him Kaito Kuroba because I get a major Kaito Kid vibe from this game.

Theory time. What if the MC isn't voiced or characterized like some people think...BUT...The Phantom is.
I'd love it. As long as Phantom is voiced, then I have no problem.

Dawg

All this talk about Phantom Thieves in P5...
I've reached a point in P4G where Naoto is dealing with a phantom thief in her SL. Crazy, yo.

Dawg

Does anyone have a strategy for golden hands, btw?

I used to beat them by getting crits through physical attacks -> all out attacks but recently in Heaven &
the adachi dungeon
it gets nearly impossible to crit them. I have trumpeter now and his almighty attack is awesome, but still no crits. I'm using Kanji, Yosuke and Yukiko.

Meia

I used to beat them by getting crits through physical attacks -> all out attacks but recently in Heaven &
the adachi dungeon
it gets nearly impossible to crit them. I have trumpeter now and his almighty attack is awesome, but still no crits. I'm using Kanji, Yosuke and Yukiko.

Before you get access to the Megido tree of spells, fishing for crits to do an AoA is the way to kill them(to which Chie is probably the strongest person capable of this with her ~50% crit rate with Black Spot/Apt Pupil). Once you gain access to Megido spells, you should also have access to Mind Charge. Mind Charge + Megido is the easiest way to obliterate golden hands, and the damage that combo does should be more than sufficient to kill any of them you'll see in the game. If it's not, use the next highest Megido spell. NO golden shadow can withstand Mind Charge + Megidoalon.

the adachi dungeon

Use naoto, mind charge -> megidolan and maybe have another character buff her attack/hit hate. Also if you do Margarets slink the final persona there is called trumpeter which if you accomplish the slink will have mind charge and can get megidolan.

Dantis

Use naoto, mind charge -> megidolan and maybe have another character buff her attack/hit hate. Also if you do Margarets slink the final persona there is called trumpeter which if you accomplish the slink will have mind charge and can get megidolan.

Mind charge doesn't work for Almighty, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom