• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have to depend on how far along with the localization they are. Unlike the last two trailers they can't just reupload this one with a few minor changes, since this one actually shows ingame text, especially not if it's going to be on the main stage for E3. They'll have to put together their own trailer.

TBF, FF15 when was shown for the first time was all in Japanese, also ATLUS USA has shown unfinished builds of games their working on that still contain Japanese kanji, like Persona 4 Golden for example.

Sophia

TBF, FF15 when was shown for the first time was all in Japanese, also ATLUS USA has shown unfinished builds of games their working on that still contain Japanese kanji, like Persona 4 Golden for example.

Remember how the early screenshots of Persona 3 Portable didn't have name support for the protagonist? There are only three character slots in the Japanese version, so the promotional image shows the character named "TES TER"

Nap1400

I can figure out all of them except the ones where it goes off screen and then I don't know what to do in those ones.
the order that they go off the screen is the order they come back in. First one that goes up comes down furthest to the left, second one is next, etc.

sThQWWd.jpg

Persona 3 the Movie: #1 Spring of Birth Takeba Yukari

https://twitter.com/moonlitsaki/status/564220606149713920

Oh lord the story with this February dungeon
Marie really is marie-sue jeebus

This is truly the video game equivalent of a filler arc

Makio

One of the best part of the game , and the best dungeon imo.. amazing music too.
Marie is a great addition to the story of P4 thats why i like her as character

Playing through Golden now for the first time after P4, Marie's exactly what people described her as--a fangirl's self insert fanfiction character.

I will say one thing positive about Marie is that I generally like how the game handles her social links. I really enjoyed the Elizabeth dates in P3 FES and Marie does a pretty decent job of taking on the "doesn't know anything about human world" scenes fairly well, but Marie's scenes have the added bonus of including multiple slink characters. I hope that in P5 we see a lot more slinks that involve multiple slink characters to help make the stories feel more connected.

Dawg

The thing that puts me off with Marie is when she starts talking like stopyoubullygoddamnitannoyingshit because it's just... like... I don't know :c

The thing that puts me off with Marie is when she starts talking like stopyoubullygoddamnitannoyingshit because it's just... like... I don't know :c

It reads like Tumblr. I'm playing through Golden for the first time and I dread going into the velvet room between her Tumblr speak and terrible poems. I'm trying to fuse a penis chariot I don't have time for this.

That quirk of hers is fine, it's the fucking poetry that really kills her for me. I just want the ability to say "no" every time I enter the velvet room and see one on the floor

That quirk of hers is fine, it's the fucking poetry that really kills her for me. I just want the ability to say "no" every time I enter the velvet room and see one on the floor

HEY DON'T READ THAT IT WAS IN MY POCKET WHY DID YOU FIND IT ON THE FLOOR WHY DID YOU READ THAT STUPID I HATE YOU

Well, really the trailer shows the same amount of day phases as P3 and P4 (Early Morning, Morning, Afternoon, Evening) so we still may have the same amount of time overall in being able to do things in a day...

One thing that's interesting though is that the Early Morning phase might actually be controllable, Since you walk through Shibuya Station on a school day.

What if there really is a possibility of skipping school to do something else?

EDIT:...well, unless those are all really cutscenes, if so it's amazing how fluid it looks.
I imagine Shibuya station will just be the "you overheard some students talking" area. Having it be the place where you do your social links and buy stuff would be great too, of course!

PK Gaming

I could deal with even that, but I drew the line in the sand when they pulled the "outsider who is ignorant to the ways of humans" trope + everyone is in love with Marie.

Actual P4G dialogue said:
Yukiko: Marie-chan, marie-chan, what are your hobbies?
Marie: What's a hobby.
Yukiko: Hobbies are something you enjoy! Do you have any?
Marie: Enjoy...?
Yukiko: Like say... me for example? Oh gosh i'm so forward hahahaAhahha you're the best hahahahAhahaaaha.
Marie: I like watching Starz scandawls.
Yukiko: Oh yeah, I watch that too we're such great friends hahaaha HAAHAHAHA
Marie: Electwick Outwets
Yukiko: I LOVE YOU MARIE-CHAN

When I beat golden for the first time I didn't even bother with the Marie social link because she seemed annoying. Second playthrough I started doing it for obvious reasons. I like Marie in Persona Q though.

I will say one thing positive about Marie is that I generally like how the game handles her social links. I really enjoyed the Elizabeth dates in P3 FES and Marie does a pretty decent job of taking on the "doesn't know anything about human world" scenes fairly well, but Marie's scenes have the added bonus of including multiple slink characters. I hope that in P5 we see a lot more slinks that involve multiple slink characters to help make the stories feel more connected.

liz was more endearing.

7Eliyjd.gif

And she had more interesting commentary. Marie trying to engage with others is really plain in comparison.

arue

*Patiently waits for P3MC scale and nendoroid*

They should make at least one P3MC figure after all of the movies has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom