• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop

Mind charge doesn't work for Almighty, does it?

It's been a lot since I last played the games but i think it works.

Edit: The first time I played p3p I had a Cybele with mind charge and megidola, and I always used them in combination. I don't remember using almighty much in P4 but I'd assume it still works.

Dawg

Fuck this Power Rock quest, that shit never drops and it's already hard enough to find actual Power Castles in
the secret lab.

I spent like 1 hour running around and in that time I found maybe 4 of them, and only two of these dropped the item :mad:@

I hate it because I want to finish all the quests... even though there's no real reward beyond the feel of completion... I think.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think persona Q did that kind of quest pretty well in that it makes you kill the enemies with certain moves to make them drop the item.

Drop

Is there any reward though? I just found out there's no trophy. Is it really worth doing?

I dont' think there's anything other than the reward directly connected to the quest, though you're required to complete some quests in order to unlock others.

Sophia

I'm probably going to name my main character Erik Leroux in Persona 5.

Kudos to anyone who can get this without googling it.

I'd honestly be really surprised if the MC in Persona 5 is completely mute again. It's certainly possible but after they seemingly dropped that from the P4A games and PQ it'd be really jarring to go back to silent protagonist.

I'd honestly be really surprised if the MC in Persona 5 is completely mute again. It's certainly possible but after they seemingly dropped that from the P4A games and PQ it'd be really jarring to go back to silent protagonist.

I can't think of any voiced protagonist in a SMT game.

And don't say Tatsuya and Maya because they were both muted as MC.

I can't think of any voiced protagonist in a SMT game.

And don't say Tatsuya and Maya because theye were both muted as MC.

Have they at any point referenced this game as SMT: Persona 5? Everything I've seen just calls it Persona 5 same way P4G dropped SMT from the name SMT:persona 4/

MSMrRound

I'd honestly be really surprised if the MC in Persona 5 is completely mute again.

I'll be surprised too, since AtlusJP went all the way to get Fukuyama Jun to voice the P5MC. Then again, maybe certain dialogue options will be voiced, while the other are silent.

I'm gonna name my MC Lelouch.

Only reason I want a silent protagonist is to help me project myself as the MC. I did it in P3 and P4, and it made the games that much more memorable and emotional if you feel like you were actually there.

FluxWaveZ

Have they at any point referenced this game as SMT: Persona 5? Everything I've seen just calls it Persona 5 same way P4G dropped SMT from the name SMT:persona 4/

Persona was never "SMT" in Japan. Atlus USA is the one who dropped that nomenclature, which was presumably used beforehand because "SMT" was a more renowned name than "Persona" in the west.

FluxWaveZ

I guess this does not count. As it is too linear and her personality was already revealed in the main game. And as protagonist you would want to choose your own characters personality.

Not necessarily. Catherine has been cited before, and I would be fine if the protagonist's personality was pre-defined, but the tone of dialogue choices were tinted by the player's decisions like in that game.

Not necessarily. Catherine has been cited before, and I would be fine if the protagonist's personality was pre-defined, but the tone of dialogue choices were tinted by the player's decisions like in that game.

Haven't played Catherine yet. Can't talk about this.

Sophia

Haven't played Catherine yet. Can't talk about this.

Vincent in Catherine is fully voiced, but you get to define him further through the choices you make through the game. It's pretty much an extension of what I expect for Persona 5, although with the protagonist being less chatty unless a dialogue option is selected.

Vincent in Catherine is fully voiced, but you get to define him further through the choices you make through the game. It's pretty much an extension of what I expect for Persona 5, although with the protagonist being less chatty unless a dialogue option is selected.

Is Vincent known by the people when you start the game?

Maybe P5MC will be voiced if the trailer showed what it is like. Then that would mean all we see in the trailer happens at the first day of the game. 4/11. And they are planning a heist + dungeon crawling + other stuff. So they already know eachother.

Atlus considers Persona and Devil Survivor "Megami Ibunroku" or, Alternative Tales of the Goddess. Both the first Persona game and the first Devil Survivor game got this label. The first Devil Summoner, on the other hand, got the actual "Shin Megami Tensei" name.

Japan refers to the whole overarching series as Mega Ten or Megaten.

Jachaos

I just have to say, one of the greatest recent narrative innovations in games is in Catherine: texting.

It's so brilliant.

Levito

Banned
It took nearly two years but...

(Click image for Episode link)

It’s really hard to believe, but after almost two years we’ve made it to Episode 50! Much to our good fortune, Persona 5 also received an incredible new trailer too. This episode is full of analysis, speculation, and predictions regarding Persona 5.

5 hosts, 5th game, 50th episode. Not much else to say, get hype.

Jachaos

Who can forget such brilliant lines as: "NOT ENOUGH THINKING POWER. SHUTTING DOWN."

lol

but seriously, it's a really smart system. Much better than, say, "Press circle to reply with a Law text, press square to reply with a Chaos text" or something. Writing, erasing, deciding on how to word stuff that affects the storyline... it was very well made.

I guess this does not count. As it is too linear and her personality was already revealed in the main game. And as protagonist you would want to choose your own characters personality.

I still think it went well. It was her story, and she was already an established character.

If Glasses-Kun is voiced, give him a personality. If he's not, leave his personality to the dialogue choices. I don't see much point in trying to convey the MC as your avatar if he is going to speaking most of the time.

arue

I fixed Anne's face. :x
Old version here.
ElnROd5.jpg

The Persona 1 protagonist is known by his group when the game starts, and the same goes for Maya in P2:EP (actually, the latter's only really one character, like in P2:IS). What's the connection?

P1 might be the case because it was their first game and then they might have thought that it was a bad decision. P1 isn't that popular here right? Don't know how it is in the east though.

If Glasses-Kun is voiced, give him a personality. If he's not, leave his personality to the dialogue choices. I don't see much point in trying to convey the MC as your avatar if he is going to speaking most of the time.

I agree.

To be fair even in P4/G I had some disconnect at certain story scenes where Yu would act in ways that I didn't want him to based upon choices I made. Off the top of my head the scene where he and Yosoke devour the girls ramen stands out in my mind.

.JayZii

Banned
To be fair even in P4/G I had some disconnect at certain story scenes where Yu would act in ways that I didn't want him to based upon choices I made. Off the top of my head the scene where he and Yosoke devour the girls ramen stands out in my mind.
Towards the end when
Yu's locked in the police station I just couldn't help but wonder why he didn't demonstrate to Dojima that he could enter the TV sitting on that desk, or just try to escape through that TV.

Drop

That scene felt too forced.
my tofu

Towards the end when
Yu's locked in the police station I just couldn't help but wonder why he didn't demonstrate to Dojima that he could enter the TV sitting on that desk, or just try to escape through that TV.

I wanted to drag Dojima into a headlock in front of the TV, stick my hand in, then tell him to shut up and leave everything to the Investigation Team.

And not to mention how many of the options you are given in P4G counteract how i would feel. This is why i like P3MC more, i have more in common with the new kid who just tries to live a shut-in life but slowly starts warming up to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom