• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

"Anne" in Anne's name isn't the kanji itself, it's romanized form of "An" which shared the same kanji as Anzu. So it's actually An or Anzu

I've discovered the truth behind the
conductor
and its time for the true ending. Very sad to see p4g end time for the last hurrah

Sophia

I've discovered the truth behind the
conductor
and its time for the true ending. Very sad to see p4g end time for the last hurrah

"Then
from here on, the fate of the world is upon your shoulders. If you cannot ward me off, know that the world will end thereafter!
"

"Anne" in Anne's name isn't the kanji itself, it's romanized form of "An" which shared the same kanji as Anzu. So it's actually An or Anzu

The kanji can be read a number of ways, but like I said, "Anne" is often a frequently valid way of reading it.

I haven't done this in a long while, but I finished another Persona design.
tumblr_njhexqN3Xv1tt73w0o1_1280.png

tumblr_njhexqN3Xv1tt73w0o2_1280.png

Dawg

I'm happy I kept Yukiko's Fire Break skill around for
Marie.

Probably the easiest dungeon so far but
losing SP, having to deal with element resistant enemies and a final boss that repels EVERYTHING except Almighty attacks was a real pain in the ass. Luckily, I managed to beat her by just doing some turn skips (guard) to get SP back and use Yukiko's Fire Break once I had enough SP for a few Burning Petals.

And yes, I know there are items for ths but I only had a few and I cba to grind in that boring ass dungeon :p

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm happy I kept Yukiko's Fire Break skill around for
Marie.

Probably the easiest dungeon so far but
losing SP, having to deal with element resistant enemies and a final boss that repels EVERYTHING except Almighty attacks was a real pain in the ass. Luckily, I managed to beat her by just doing some turn skips (guard) to get SP back and use Yukiko's Fire Break once I had enough SP for a few Burning Petals.

And yes, I know there are items for ths but I only had a few and I cba to grind in that boring ass dungeon :p

But dat boss music, no?

I didn't really notice anything special? :< It just seemed like regular boss music. It was nothing compared to The Almighty One :<

It's a different instrumentation of the regular boss music- you'll notice it's a bit more orchestra-y than rock-y.

Dawg

It's a different instrumentation of the regular boss music- you'll notice it's a bit more orchestra-y than rock-y.

Oh, now ya mention it. That's right.

Also, I just saw a youtube comment from that boss:

this fight took me hours to complete since i completly forgot that u can nullify her resistance to elemental attack so i just megidolaon alot i think it took me like 4 hours lol&#65279;

lol, and I thought I had it bad XD

LX_Theo

Banned
I didn't really notice anything special? :< It just seemed like regular boss music. It was nothing compared to The Almighty One :<

:(

Like said, its an orchestral style instrumentation of I'll Face Myself.

I just remember that moment that the battle started and the familiar yet incredibly more epic and emotional version of the theme hit me. It very soon became my favorite track in the entire game. Guess I was just hoping it was a nice redeeming factor for you.

EDIT: Posting youtube link to the song because I want to show my appreciation of it more regardless. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDr_krEQNrU

FluxWaveZ

Collection of stuff that I've seen mentioned before here and there (and not at all), but not really in one place. P5's overshadowed attention brought to P4D.

My bingo card was right!
Human Teddie
actually confirmed for P4D.

The only picture affected by static at this part of the P4D trailer. Hiding something?

Izanagi and Jiraiya using giant guitars.

Bath scene?

Redone P4 portraits.

Flowchart style story mode akin to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

PK Gaming

I haven't done this in a long while, but I finished another Persona design.

As always, I've got mad respect for your "what-if" Persona designs.

I remember completely ignoring that character on my first run, but I gave her a chance on NG+ and was surprised at how much I enjoyed her social link. It had a completely different feel from the other social links, and the resolution was nice.

Same eye colour as morgana, and same head shape as normal cat morgana.
I'm still not so sure but it fits with the theory that P5MC already knows Ryuji, Anne and Morgana before the game begins
Collection of stuff that I've seen mentioned before here and there (and not at all), but not really in one place. P5's overshadowed attention brought to P4D..
Human!Teddie's outfit was made for dancing.
Lol at the Personas using guitars. BUT UGGH THEY'RE STILL USING TIER ONE PERSONAS
what if Himiko gets a dance form
Is that Yukiko at the bath scene? lol

FluxWaveZ

If it isn't P4AU version Himiko (which would be a perfect dance form version), it'll most probably be some form that Himiko can dance in. Heh, in this game, Rise's supposed to be the most powerful, for a change.

Game's gonna be nuts.

The blurred one is interesting because it's also the only one that seems to change between transitions. First it's Yu and Rise dancing, then it's the shower? scene, then it goes to the blurred thing. A hidden charecter perhaps?

Xenoflare

If it isn't P4AU version Himiko (which would be a perfect dance form version), it'll most probably be some form that Himiko can dance in. Heh, in this game, Rise's supposed to be the most powerful, for a change.

Game's gonna be nuts.

I recall seeing a fan comic about Himiko just can't stop evolving.

It ends with Rise saying something among the lines of "Do you mind I'm trying to have a conversation here"

Also it's kinda amazing on how P4DAN gives the best presentation for the characters yet, fully rendered.

Edit: What if Kanamin gets a Persona too.

Edit 2: The velvet siblings *must* be in this game either as hidden characters or DLCs.

You remember Ultimax, right?

Well, I'm not sure if you mean from a gameplay perspective or story perspective, but arguably Narukami is stronger / strongest of the IT, mainly because he's the protagonist and has the wild card ability.

I can't tell if your sarcastic though, or if there's some other meaning to this :p

Well, I'm not sure if you mean from a gameplay perspective or story perspective, but arguably Narukami is stronger / strongest of the IT, mainly because he's the protagonist and has the wild card ability.

I can't tell if your sarcastic though, or if there's some other meaning to this :p

I just mean that her being the most powerful isn't much of a change.
Ultimax pretty much established that by having her first fight be a one-on-one against Elizabeth, and winning.

EDIT: Oh. That makes sense.

FluxWaveZ

I just mean that her being the most powerful isn't much of a change
since Ultimax pretty much established that by having the her first fight be a one-on-one against Elizabeth, and winning.

Oh, that's meaningless. Have you played Persona Q? She just fools around with people, adjusting her strength to match theirs.

Jintor

That just pinged some thoughts about PQ (end spoilers)

Where did Igor bugger off to anyway? Probably gone off to build a jail I guess.

Did the memory wipe affect the Velvet Room inhabitants too? Including Marie? Given that it stemed from the closed space nature of the world, I assume it did.

That just pinged some thoughts about PQ (end spoilers)

Where did Igor bugger off to anyway? Probably gone off to build a jail I guess.

Did the memory wipe affect the Velvet Room inhabitants too? Including Marie? Given that it stemed from the closed space nature of the world, I assume it did.

I'm pretty sure it's established at the start that
the Velvet room attendant remembers about as much as their respective guest. Vaguely at best.

Lusankya

Oh yeah, we definitely said they might be party members.
I still don't think it's true. Anzu is nowhere to be seen and even the blonde guy doesn't really look like Ryuji.

What I was asking is: How did none of us notice that Scrunchie Girl looked just like the girl in the third cut-in?

Because the cut-in girl has black hair compared to Scrunchie's brown hair.

LX_Theo

Banned
I am generally confused as to why anyone is saying they look like anyone in those cut-ins. So little of their faces are clear to see and recognize.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I don't see anything significant in those cut-ins at all.

And seriously, scrunchie girl is the new "P5MC is Sho." I guarantee you she's not part of the main cast, if she even exists outside of that cutscene.

Jachaos

Huh, I really the transition from the piano to full-on blasting orchestra+electronic keyboards elements in the background. But The Almighty is also really good, I preferred this one but heh!

Though the next one is also great, one of my favourites, so one more chance to one-up The Almighty.

These 15 seconds were one of my favourite parts of that song. That's one of the best Smash players in the video.

Kazzy

If she talks when she's a cat I'm going to have all kinds of problems with her.

They'll crib from Bleach, and have the character have a different voice (and like that example, maybe even a different gender) between forms.

What kind of character is Anne, anyway, if we've already decided on what voices fit her?

Attempting to cast characters we don't know anything about seems strange.

Perhaps, but people enjoy the conjecture. I'm still personally unsure about whether or not I actually want to know any more details, but it's a fun aspect of a community like this!

JayEH

I want to get back into P3 but want to know what the best version for someone who has played very little of the persona games. I got about 15 hours into Portable a year ago but stopped for whatever reason. Should I restart with Portable or go through FES for the extra content?

Zareka

Wait, so we're expecting the Famitsu stuff to leak tonight? Well great. How am I supposed to play Persona Q now.

I already can't stop sitting F5ing both this and the trailer thread. Now it's even worse. :(

Edit: wait wait wait, I'm an idiot, today's monday. This is why I shouldn't post just after waking up.

raven777

I posted in the trailer thread but this is the stuff famitsu asked for this week

Things Famitsu asked the director Hashino about:

-Main Protagonist's character
-Characters other than the Protagonist
-'Glory' and 'Destruction', the key words that was used in the poster
-Shujin Gakuen High School
-Characters skating on the Highway
-The battle system and Dungeon
-Close range weapon and Long range weapon
-Sandman and Jack O Lantern you see in the trailer
-Military shop and hospital

Things famitsu asked Character designer Soejima about:

-Main Protagonist's design
-Main Protagonist's Persona design
-Main logo design

I posted in the trailer thread but this is the stuff famitsu asked for this week

Things Famitsu asked the director Hashino about:

-Main Protagonist's character
-Characters other than the Protagonist
-'Glory' and 'Destruction', the key words that was used in the poster
-Shujin Gakuen High School
-Characters skating on the Highway
-The battle system and Dungeon
-Close range Weapon and Long range weapon
-Sandman and Jack O Lantern you see in the trailer
-Military shop and hospital

Things famitsu asked Character designer Soejima about:

-Main Protagonist's design
-Main Protagonist's Persona design
-Main logo design

So essentially they're answering everything I want to know, assuming they do give straight answers to all of those.

And apparently Dancing will feature in famitsu as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom