• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zareka

I posted in the trailer thread but this is the stuff famitsu asked for this week

Things Famitsu asked the director Hashino about:

-Main Protagonist's character
-Characters other than the Protagonist
-'Glory' and 'Destruction', the key words that was used in the poster
-Shujin Gakuen High School
-Characters skating on the Highway
-The battle system and Dungeon
-Close range weapon and Long range weapon
-Sandman and Jack O Lantern you see in the trailer
-Military shop and hospital

Things famitsu asked Character designer Soejima about:

-Main Protagonist's design
-Main Protagonist's Persona design
-Main logo design

Yes yes yes yesssss. All I need to know and then I can go on media blackout. Please straight answers!

Now to get hyped about P4D. I'm so excited for that game.

raven777

B9ZXxNqCEAEHSPI.jpg:orig

http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/110530235276/5

-The MC transferred to the city as a 2nd year in the spring.

-He lives in a cafe run by an old friend of his parent’s.

-The MC has a certain problem, and if he doesn’t fight back against whatever it is, some kind of distressing future will come to be. The sequence in which he looks like a prisoner takes place in what could be called a prison of the soul. Basically a prison in his mind I guess.

-The game takes place in Shibuya and various other places in the megalopolis.

-The dungeon in the PV is not randomly generated, and the main areas in the game will consist primarily of places that would make sense for a phantom thief to infiltrate. Various gimmicks included as well.

-Something resembling S.Links will also be in?

-MC’s main Persona is called Arsene (?). Looks like it could be a rif on the famous thief Arsene Lupin.

-Instead of the “カッ” seen in previous Persona summon sequences, it looks like it’ll be “ブチッ” instead.

MC is some kind of countryside highschooler transferred into the city huh? Must be relatively well off since he's going to a private school.

P4Arena, according to HLTB, took around 10hrs to beat? Heres hoping p4d takes longer than 10hrs to beat… though the episode nature of it makes me worried.

Dantis

MC is some kind of countryside highschooler transferred into the city huh? Must be relatively well off since he's going to a private school.

P4Arena, according to HLTB, took around 10hrs to beat? Heres hoping p4d takes longer than 10hrs to beat… though the episode nature of it makes me worried.

No chance that the story will be more than ten hours.

Arena was only that long because it was 90% filler and repeated content.

I bet P4D's story is only a couple of hours long.

Its a rhythm game would be shocked if the main campaign takes more then 10 hours

No chance that the story will be more than ten hours.

Arena was only that long because it was 90% filler and repeated content.

I bet P4D's story is only a couple of hours long.

wow i don't even………………………………..

massive disappointment if this really is the case. MASSIVE disappointment. :( sad. sad. sad.

so this is different from persona q correct? persona q is a etrian odyssey styled RPG through and through. its an RPG. p4d isn't an RPG, correct?

ok. time to hope p5 won't be a short game given how meaty p4g and p3 was. but i worry good graphics have reduced budget for the story and various side stories…?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

massive disappointment if this really is the case. MASSIVE disappointment. :( sad. sad. sad.

ok. time to hope p5 won't be a short game given how meaty p4g and p3 was. but i worry good graphics have reduced budget for the story and various side stories…?

It's a rhythm game. The playtime will be inflated by trying to perfect songs.

Dantis

so this is different from persona q correct? persona q is a etrian odyssey styled RPG through and through. its an RPG. p4d isn't an RPG, correct?

Who plays a rhythm game for the story mode?...

Setsu00

Honestly, what were you expecting regarding P4D? I'm probably going to ignore the story mode altogether.

Who plays a rhythm game for the story mode?...

I've never played a rhythm game before… so I don't know what to expect. but whenever i see Atlus, i imagine a lengthy RPG experience. Thats what the brand says to me…

But dantis, I sincerely hope you are proven incorrect. I associate Persona with story… characters… so I want to buy p4d with some character interaction n story, though not as much as numbered persona, but still some interaction…

If you are true, i thank you, because you fortified my heart as i kinda know what to expect now.

Catherine took around 15hrs to beat. I wish P5 takes longer than that to properly finish...

Honestly, what were you expecting regarding P4D? I'm probably going to ignore the story mode altogether.

what really????? you guys all think differently from me, i just assume everything by Atlus is a RPG and esp Persona, it must have story!

Though I am one of the few here who disliked PQ's story mode, but theres still some fairly solid story content in Pq… or I am just a fool who forgot that 80% of my 70hr foray into the 80% of the game is actually spent dungeon crawling...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why would you think that it's an RPG when they advertised it as a rhythm game from the start?

I mean I expect a few minutes of visual novel content in between each song, but I don't expect anything super essential.

From what I've read, it's a snapping sound.

Siliconera says:
In previous titles, the Persona summoning scene had the Japanese onomatopoeia of “カッ” (kka) which is something often used to depict a flash or clicking sound. In Persona 5, it’s “ブチッ” (buchi) which is a snapping sound (either physically or mentally).

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/0...agonist-setting-dungeons/#RUyJ87Aoj0FxGXCz.99

Setsu00

what really????? you guys all think differently from me, i just assume everything by Atlus is a RPG and esp Persona, it must have story!

P4D has a story, but I'm not sure how the story is going to be anything but fanservice fluff in the style of 90% of Arena and Q. I mean, the premise for the game is incredibly silly in the first place: You're dancing in the internet with your Personas against Shadows...

P4D has a story, but I'm not sure how the story is going to be anything but fanservice fluff in the style of 90% of Arena and Q. I mean, the premise for the game is incredibly silly in the first place: You're dancing in the internet with your Personas against Shadows...

wait… dancing… in the internet? this stuff is confirmed? what? so no more
entering TVs, now you enter the internet and fight shadows there?

Setsu00

wait… dancing… in the internet? this stuff is confirmed? what? so no more
entering TVs, now you enter the internet and fight shadows there?

That's what they said when they first announced the game in 2013. It might have changed though since they seemingly rebuilt P4D since Dingo left the project. Anyway, when you have Nanako dancing in a place infested with Shadows you know that you shouldn't expect P-Studio's magnum opus as far as the story is concerned.

That's what they said when they first announced the game in 2013. It might have changed though since they seemingly rebuilt P4D since Dingo left the project. Anyway, when you have Nanako dancing in a place infested with Shadows you know that you shouldn't expect P-Studio's magnum opus as far as the story is concerned.

oh god thanks for letting me know, i would have been so disappointed later on. but i don't recall anyone here talking about the internet and p4d, I've always assumed it still occurs in the
TV world

this is just weird… but the game has anime cutscenes! it was completely redrawn portraits! p4arena didn't have redrawn dialogue portraits at all! but thanks for letting me know…

Setsu00

this is just weird… but the game has anime cutscenes! it was completely redrawn portraits! p4arena didn't have redrawn dialogue portraits at all! but thanks for letting me know…

Arena used the same designs for the P4 cast as the main game so there was no need to redraw the portraits. P4D however gives all characters new outfits, meaning that there was no way to use the old portraits without looking weird.

Omg both covers look so awesome! I've been waiting for this day!

Also, It's interesting how the new summoning sounds different. I don't think we heard anything like that on the trailer, did we?

There was the usual summoning 'smash' noise at the end of the trailer when he sets alight, but I guess thats not it anymore?

I'm slightly confused as to what that was now....

arue

There was the usual summoning 'smash' noise at the end of the trailer when he sets alight, but I guess thats not it anymore?

I'm slightly confused as to what that was now....
Yeah I thought the sound would be the same One we heard at the end of the trailer. It's weird that they had to change something like summoning sound though. This game is going to be so different and I'm so intrigued.

Edit: The MC's persona is called Arsene huh? I thought it would be one of the seven sins that people predicted.

Wonder what the rest of the Personas will be then. if they'll all draw from detective fiction or not.

If they're all thieves, what other prominent ones are there in fiction/mythology? Robin Hood seems an obvious choice.

Sophia

Makes sense that a master gentleman thief would have a master gentleman thief as his Persona.

Also my hype for the game is through the roof. <3

Hello there, everyone! I've been gone since the trailer premiered. Since the event, I've been really tired and have worked a lot on things I had to catch up on, but now, I'm back. I've noticed a lot of things in the trailer, but it looks like everyone in this thread and the trailer thread got to it. I'd also like to thank all of you for taking part in my Twitter and YouTube event.

Today, I read the new Famitsu issue, and have some translations. Some have already been translated, but some haven't. Here are the full list of translations from what I've read in the issue:

-The main character's Persona is named Arsène.
-The main character lives in a café named SUMIKON, which is owned by a friend of his parents.
-The main character transferred schools as a second year in the spring season.
-The main character has some kind of problem that he needs to face or something bad will happen eventually. He could be locked in a "prison of the soul" of sorts, which was apparently what was shown in the new trailer for the game when we see the main character in a cell. (My guess is that he was able to counteract the main villain, who chains those discontent with their lives. Remember the beginning of the trailer? You see a red flash of light appear at the scramble crossing and a creature with wings appears and a chain strikes by. I believe that is what he must face, and if he does not, he will be imprisoned in his mind. That is my guess)
-The song heard in the Persona 5 trailer is the instrumental version of the main theme, according to series composer Shoji Meguro. He also stated that he wanted to give the music an "acid jazz" feel.
-Shibuya and other parts of the Tokyo metropolis will be in this game.
-The dungeon showcased in the trailer was not randomly generated, and the main areas in the game will consist primarily of places that would make sense for a phantom thief to infiltrate. Various gimmicks such as traps and other things will be included. However, this does not mean that there won&#8217;t be any randomly generated elements in the game.
-Something that is similar to the "Social Links" system of previous games will be in Persona 5. However, the wording Katsura Hashino uses here does not directly state that the "Social Links" system featured in Persona 3 and Persona 4 will be returning; just that something similar will be implemented in this game. (We'll most likely find out as time goes by)
-Instead of the &#12459;&#12483; (flash) animation seen in previous Persona game summon sequences, it will instead be &#12502;&#12481;&#12483; (snap)

This is everything I've read so far. If I discover anything else, I'll edit this post.

arue

-The main character lives in a café named SUMIKON, which is owned by a friend of his parents.

-The song heard in the Persona 5 trailer is the instrumental version of the main theme, according to series composer Shoji Meguro. He also stated that he wanted to give the music an "acid jazz" feel.

-Shibuya and other parts of the Tokyo metropolis will be in this game.
Thanks a lot Mystic!
I KNEW IT! The music was an instrumental version of the main theme after all!

So I'm guessing The cafe we saw is his place huh? No wonder there was no one there.

I hope we can go to Akihabara and Harajuku. I want to see those places again.

Thanks a lot Mystic!
I KNEW IT! The music was an instrumental version of the main theme after all!

So I'm guessing The cafe we saw is his place huh? No wonder there was no one there.

I hope we can go to Akihabara and Harajuku. I want to see those places again.

It's fine! As usual, I'm always here to help out the fans xD

Some of these things were already translated, but some of these things weren't. I also made the translations a bit clearer. Very interesting issue, that's for sure. The cover art was drawn by Shigenori Soejima, and as you may have seen a few posts back, Famitsu editors asked a lot of questions relating to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom