• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering when we'll see DAN pre orders, I'm also interested to see if the Vita and the p5 blu ray will be brought to the West or not.
Doubt the vita will (have we had any special edition Vitas since the 2000s came out?) But I think they'll probably include the p5 disc, even if its just subtitles on it.

FluxWaveZ

I'm wondering when we'll see DAN pre orders, I'm also interested to see if the Vita and the p5 blu ray will be brought to the West or not.

I don't think the Vita will make it here, unfortunately.

The P5 Blu-ray is interesting. I think we'll get it. Pre-orders for P4AU opened up in May 16, 2014, which was four months before its release date. I guess if we randomly think August for the NA date for P4D, pre-orders could open up as early as April.

Question:

Relationship-wise, is this canon?

Kanji + Naoto
Me + Rise
Chie + Yosuke

I chose Rise as my waifu but it seems the anime will go with Rise anyway? In the ski trip she was always with me and Naoto was always with Kanji. Chie and Yosuke might be a little far fetched, but I feel like there's some hidden love between them but they try to deny it :>

Cannon list includes:

Yu + Rise/Yukiko
Chie + Yosuke
Kanji + Naoto
Ai + Kou
Makoto + Yukari
Junpei + Chidori
Akihiko + Mitsuru
FMC + Theo
Labrys +
Sho
Ken + His right hand

Doubt the vita will (have we had any special edition Vitas since the 2000s came out?) But I think they'll probably include the p5 disc, even if its just subtitles on it.

Yeah the Vita seems unlikely but I'll remain hopeful that it happens as I wouldn't mind a backup Vita. The P5 disc seems like a safer bet especially if it ends up being something substantial.

Cannon list includes:

Yu + Rise/Yukiko
Chie + Yosuke
Kanji + Naoto
Ai + Kou
Makoto + Yukari
Junpei + Chidori
Akihiko + Mitsuru
FMC + Theo
Labrys +
Sho
Ken + His right hand

You're alright.
Except for
Sho.
Teddie
belongs there.

You will submit to the power of Nanaken in due time... muahahaha!

CorvoSol

You're alright.
Except for
Sho.
Teddie
belongs there.

You will submit to the power of Nanaken in due time... muahahaha!

"Yeah did you see him hitting on the Queen
Tho he's just 9 and she's 14
Yeah he's probably gonna marry her somedaaaay

and we were singin'
My, My, This here Amada guy
left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye
sayin' soon i'm gonna
kill a real cool guy
"

and we were singin'
sayin' soon i'm gonna
kill a real cool guy
"

What part of
"in good time"
did you miss?

and we were singin'
sayin' soon i'm gonna
kill a real cool guy
"

You got the ages flipped do it right :p

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Cannon list includes:

Yu + Rise/Yukiko
Chie + Yosuke
Kanji + Naoto
Ai + Kou
Makoto + Yukari
Junpei + Chidori
Akihiko + Mitsuru
FMC + Theo
Labrys +
Sho
Ken + His right hand

Makoto x Yukari? I think Aigis x Makoto is pushed more

I know no canon has ever be confirmed, but P4A:U hints at:
Mitsuru x Makoto, not Yukari x Makoto

Yeah i get those vibes from Mitsuru as well/...

I dont know where anyone gets the idea that Yukari x Makoto is canon. Story mode on P4A:U does not seem to agree with that.

Ill see if I can screenshot it tonight, but I forget the exact location in the story

It's because of The Answer. There's a fair amount of Yukari development in there.

I dont know where anyone gets the idea that Yukari x Makoto is canon. Story mode on P4A:U does not seem to agree with that.

Ill see if I can screenshot it tonight, but I forget the exact location in the story

I guess it could also be Minato x Aigis but those two re the only ones I can see as being canon.

Those are the only two relationships that are almost, if not, forced onto the player, with certain scenes being in the main storyline, especially the ones with Yukari. The answer also gave us insight to Yukari's feelings.

Maybe the movie will make it less ambiguous but I don't expect it.

PK Gaming

Cannon list includes:

Yu + Rise/Yukiko
Chie + Yosuke
Kanji + Naoto
Ai + Kou
Makoto + Yukari
Junpei + Chidori
Akihiko + Mitsuru
FMC + Theo
Labrys +
Sho
Ken + His right hand

yOccYLO.gif

I think they are great, and there is even more in Persona Q, but in P4G the game gave me the choice, and I chose that Kanji was too slow.

When it comes to P4U hints:
The hint that Mitsuru x Makoto was canon surprised me and made me sad at the same time. I wish I had a screenshot of the scene, but Mitsuru just seemed so solemn

Mitsuru deeply cares for Makoto, but she's hardly unique in that respect. They all deeply cared about him. Yukari even went as far to screw up time and space to revive him.

This is why I hope the S.Links are vastly improved in P5. I was dating Yukiko but having her just stand there and take it while Rise tries to grope me all the time made absolutely no sense.

I went with Rise in my Golden run so I can't comment on that, I intend to replay it with Yukiko, though.

In Golden, Rise calls you out for flirting with her during the ski-trip if you're currently dating someone. She also wingmans for Kanji if you aren't dating Naoto IIRC, she's basically a super bro.

In Golden, Rise calls you out for flirting with her during the ski-trip if you're currently dating someone. She also wingmans for Kanji if you aren't dating Naoto IIRC, she's basically a super bro.
oh man, I want to see that, but I dont think I can go through P4 without dating Naoto

Zareka

Woah, really? I need to be snappy about my Yukiko run. Those kinds of details sound pretty cool.

I really hope that's a sign of where they're headed with S.Links in P5. Golden had quite a few moments where it acknowledged who you were dating and it really added to the experience vs OG P4.

I think I vaguely remember her wingmaning for Kanji but it's been ages. I need a refresher.

Makoto x Yukari? I think Aigis x Makoto is pushed more

I saw this from
P3's ending, with Aigis' emotions towards you. She cries for you after seeing you return from defeating Nyx, she comes to you after it's all over, then you rest your head in her lap as she has her speech

I guess it could also be Minato x Aigis but those two re the only ones I can see as being canon.

Those are the only two relationships that are almost, if not, forced onto the player, with certain scenes being in the main storyline, especially the ones with Yukari. The answer also gave us insight to Yukari's feelings.

Maybe the movie will make it less ambiguous but I don't expect it.

Considering Aigis' dialogue about losing Makoto in the beginning of The Answer, her dreams, and even wanting to toss away her own emotions to stop feeling the pain from losing Makoto, i saw that more substantial than Yukari trying to stay in the past.

And concerning the movies, i thought the trailers were enough to confirm it. Also after watching the P3 Movie #2 digest,
it looks even more apparent that they are pushing Makoto and Aigi
. When the DVD comes out with subs we'll be able to find out for sure.

But like I've said before, i have a huge bias concerning Aigis

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
I saw this from
P3's ending, with Aigis' emotions towards you. She cries for you after seeing you return from defeating Nyx, she comes to you after it's all over, then you rest your head in her lap as she has her speech

Considering Aigis' dialogue about losing Makoto in the beginning of The Answer, her dreams, and even wanting to toss away her own emotions to stop feeling the pain from losing Makoto, i saw that more substantial than Yukari trying to stay in the past.

And concerning the movies, i thought the trailers were enough to confirm it. Also after watching the P3 Movie #2 digest,
it looks even more apparent that they are pushing Makoto and Aigi
. When the DVD comes out with subs we'll be able to find out for sure.

But like I've said before, i have a huge bias concerning Aigis

The thing that gets most is Yukari in P4AU. Not once did she even think about P3MC. I think everyone else from p3 gang did but her....Mitsuru is implied to have strong feelings for him and aigis is self explainitary what with P4A1

The thing that gets most is Yukari in P4AU. Not once did she even think about P3MC. I think everyone else from p3 gang did but her....Mitsuru is implied to have strong feelings for him and aigis is self explainitary what with P4A1

Another way that Yukari was completely wasted in Ultimax.

Isn't it possible that Makoto x everyone is canon? There seems to be decent evidence to support Makoto x Chihiro as in P4 Chihiro hints at someone who helped her get over her phobia of men. Reading above it seems P4U hints at Makoto x Mitsuru, and the new films seem to hint at Makoto x Aigis. At that point I think it's just safe to assume Makoto hooked up with every girl he could in P3.

QuadOpto

Well, in regards to the whole "Makoto x Everyone" thing, we know by default that in order to max all social links, he has to date every girl he comes across, while Yu does not.

Seeing as Persona Q and the P4U series imply that Yu has gotten close to/ maxed out his social links respectively,(aside from the whole initial Persona debacle) it could be inferred that Makoto most likely maxed out all of his as well.

As for evidence, I'm pretty sure at certain points either in Persona Q or at least Arena Yosuke mentions the
Riverside fight
, and other characters mention other things Yu has helped them with or they are obviously on the path to what they wanted to do after completing their social links
(Chie wanting to be a cop, Yukiko wanting to stay as manager of the inn, Kanji comfortable about making his textiles, etc.).

Seeing as Persona Q and the P4U series imply that Yu has gotten close to/ maxed out his social links respectively,(aside from the whole initial Persona debacle) it could be inferred that Makoto most likely maxed out all of his as well.

Not necessarily.
During the fake wedding scene between Makoto and Yukari, she freaks out and protests that they're not even dating. She could have just been panicking, but still.

yea, in the end atlus is always coy about it...it annoys me. Id like there to be a canon, we could still enjoy our playthroughs how we wanted

I think the closest we'll ever get to a canon relationship is Makoto x Yukari and Yu x Rise only on the grounds that they were the lovers arcana for their respective games. You can also imply things like Akihiko x Mitsuru or Kanji x Naoto but since the games have to leave the option open for the player to date whoever they can never flat out admit to any of it.

Also guys give it to me straight, is it worth it for me to pick up the Persona 4 Animation DVD/BR? I can get the BR of collection 2 pretty cheap and collection 1... well at least the dvd is fairly inexpensive <_<

To be fair
nobody ever seems to admit to dating the MC in either P3 or in P4 outside of specific romance scenes.

That would explain how
nobody seems to acknowledge relationships. I wonder what reason each girl (especially Rise) would have for keeping their relationships a secret.

yea, in the end atlus is always coy about it...it annoys me. Id like there to be a canon, we could still enjoy our playthroughs how we wanted

More or less how I play nowadays. 'Canon' is one of many possibilities, it's just the one the devs decided to make a game about.

I think the closest we'll ever get to a canon relationship is Makoto x Yukari and Yu x Rise only on the grounds that they were the lovers arcana for their respective games. You can also imply things like Akihiko x Mitsuru or Kanji x Naoto but since the games have to leave the option open for the player to date whoever they can never flat out admit to any of it.

Also guys give it to me straight, is it worth it for me to pick up the Persona 4 Animation DVD/BR? I can get the BR of collection 2 pretty cheap and collection 1... well at least the dvd is fairly inexpensive <_<

The Persona 4 Animation isn't as great as the game, but it's still enjoyable to watch. So if you can get it for cheap than I'd say go buy it.

Damn I still have to buy the first Persona 3 Movie before I buy the second one.&#128524;

Also hello PersonaGaf it's been a long time since I commented on these threads.

You mean Marie and Aigis because they're the Aeon arcana right

PK Gaming

I don't follow. So you're saying the Yu x Rise pairing more canon than Yu x anyone because of Rise's arcana? That doesn't make any sense to me, especially considering how Yu and Rise act in front of each other in the various spinoff games. The games never so much as hint that they have a special connection. In any case, The Lovers arcana doesn't strictly refer to romance. It refers to a person being stuck between 2 different paths in life, and having to choose between them. It's the same deal with Yukari, but Yukari x Makoto actually has some footing. If you consider how she acts in The Answer, then it's clear that she has strong feelings for him (even if it's one sided)

That depends. How much did you enjoy Persona 4? If you really enjoyed it, you should get it. It's a decent comedy anime, with okayish battle sequences. The art and animation are really bad, however.

Considering the alternatives, she might as well be.

Tatsuya x Jun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Tatsuya x Maya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Tatsuya x Yukino >>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Hell, Tatsuya x Eikichi > Tatsuya x Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom