• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

LJ is probably coming back, but there should be a new singer. Yumi is P3 and Shihoko is P4, for the most part.

It would be nice to have Yumi and Shihoko to sing a select few songs for the sake of nostalgia, but I really hope a new singer would take the spotlight for P5.

FluxWaveZ

What I'm curious about is if Meguro will stick with his traditional stable of Hirata, Kawamura , and LJ or if he'll get some new vocalists. Not that I don't love them mind you.

A new vocalist for Persona 5 was confirmed by Shoji Meguro during PSL2015, supposedly.

Wouldn't really want any of the trio returning, at least prominently, for Persona 5 tracks. It would hurt its own identity by being associated with P3 and P4, and it seems Meguro has a clear vision for where he wants to go with P5's music.

Squire

Banned
LJ may as well stay on. Rap is a component of acid Jazz and he's already done both P3 and 4, so it's not like Yuni and Shihoko where's he associated with one specific game.

The vocalist should be new, although I like Yumi and Shihoko enough that U wouldn't be sad to see them return. A good singer is a good singer.

Lunar15

I'm really curious how the vocals will work with Persona 5's main theme. Right now, I find it hard to envision them added to it without ruining how awesome it is.

Well, I'm hoping that the last part doesn't loop as much as it does in the trailer. That loop is a very very weak guitar lick, and it actually kind of ruins the song for me since it loops 4 times in total. The first half is beyond stellar though.

I really think this song needs vocals. I really thought P4A2's theme was lame when they first showed it off as an instrumental, but when they added vocals, it became pretty amazing.

I can see this song getting a singer with a deeper, more sensual voice. Something jazzy.

FluxWaveZ

He's done songs specifically tied to P4. I'm not being so hyper specific.

I really don't count an anime adaptation as being in the same league as a main game. I'd be really surprised if any previous Persona artists returned in Persona 5, in a way where they were predominantly present in any one song.

It would be nice to have Yumi and Shihoko to sing a select few songs for the sake of nostalgia, but I really hope a new singer would take the spotlight for P5.

As much as I love Yumi and Shihoko and Lotus Juice, I'm hoping for a completely new(to the series) vocalist for P5. A few references in the game to past games is ok but I just want this to have a completely separate soundtrack (well itll probably still have the poem for everyone's souls etc).

Also hype for the final track on the OST: Acid Jazz in Velvet Room.

Squire

Banned
I really don't count an anime adaptation as being in the same league as a main game. I'd be really surprised if any previous Persona artists returned in Persona 5, in a way where they were predominantly present in any one song.

Like I said, it's music associated with P4.

I try not to get so caught up in the specifics of this stuff though. At a certain point, it's another Persona game by the same creative team as P3/4. There's going to be some resemblance to what came before. And that doesn't seem to be a hindrance here. The trailer and the info we have now do a pretty good job cementing P5 as its own game with its own identity. I don't think LJ or an older singer returning would take away from or hinder that. I mean, think about why it's OK Meguro is coming back; It's new music in a new style and that's what counts.

I can see this song getting a singer with a deeper, more sensual voice. Something jazzy.

Somebody with some rasp in their voice would be great, yeah.

Well, I'm hoping that the last part doesn't loop as much as it does in the trailer. That loop is a very very weak guitar lick, and it actually kind of ruins the song for me since it loops 4 times in total. The first half is beyond stellar though.

I really think this song needs vocals. I really thought P4A2's theme was lame when they first showed it off as an instrumental, but when they added vocals, it became pretty amazing.

I looked at the lengths of the openings for P3, P4 and P3P, and all 3 are about 1:35 long. That also is the standard length for anime openings.

Meanwhile, the section of the trailer that's supposedly the OP music is around 2 minutes. I think there's an extra loop at the end there to cover all the footage they wanted.

Persona 3 Movie Midsummer Knights Dream LE
4wy2KNN.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/WTK/status/565014853031452672

Welp there goes my wallet. But man does this release look great.

Sweet Jesus does Aigis's cover art look so good. She looks like a goddess.😍

FluxWaveZ

What is that?

That's the official Atlus (Japan) company website, and it was recently updated to reflect how they're hiring and recruiting interns for their fiscal year 2016 (it hadn't been updated since, like, April of 2014). To promote intern applications, the description essentially says stuff like: "Learn how to make awesome games."

oh i so need this. Did they ever announced a English p3 movie yet? 1-3 or atleast 1.

I wish. Voice actors take money, and i don't know if an English version has enough demand to fit the cost and effort. Although he more i watch these the more appealing Japanese voices get, so it's becoming less jarring to me as i watch them. Also, i have to say i love Aigis, Yukari, Mitsuru, and Junpei's JP VA's the best

CorvoSol

So I'm doing Drama and Basketball for the first time in P4.

Basketball might actually be better than Soccer.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Drama though. Gimme Band any day.

Squire

Banned

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Drama though. Gimme Band any day.

Pishposh. Yumi is great.

I did think Ayane was the more interesting of the two though.

You get to polish balls with Kou!

Jintor

Kou is way cooler that Daisuke, but I'm glad you hang out with both of them regardless.

Yumi's great though, but I've never done the Band route in like 4 playthroughs

Squire

Banned
Kou is way cooler that Daisuke, but I'm glad you hang out with both of them regardless.

Dude, really? It's goofy to start (aren't they all?), but it goes places.

About Persona 5, I think I know when exactly it will be released in Japan.

I've noticed with ATLUS games that there is always a four month promotion period for each game following its release date announcement, with the exception being PQ. Each game uses a literal four month period, by rounding it up to the first of each fourth month from the announcement of the release date. Here's an example of the pattern:

Devil Survivor 2: Break Record - Release date announced in September 2014, released in January 2015. Four months.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon - Release date announced November 2014, releasing March 2015. Four months.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Release date announced February 2015, releasing June 2015. Four months.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - Release date announced April 2014, released in August 2014. Four months.

So, we know we're getting a new trailer for Persona 5 in June, as it's the pre-order bonus for P4D. My bet is that the release date will be shown on this Blu-ray disc. But, since not everyone will be getting P4D, ATLUS is probably going to announce the release date another way, too. However, that isn't the important thing. We know P5 is getting a special trailer in June for all that pre-ordered P4D.

If we go by this theory, you will be seeing Persona 5 on Thursday, October 15, 2015 in Japan. That's my bet. Four months from release date announcement, if the release date is announced in June. The 15th would make sense as it has a 5 in the date, so I doubt they wouldn't take advantage of that.

Pray to whatever gods you worship they announce a release date in like April.

I really hope they do, but I have a feeling they're not going to. We'll most likely get info and other types of things, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything major like a release date announcement until June.

I also have a feeling that Atlus USA has been working on this game, and that we'll see it exactly two months later in North America, on December 15th, 2015, which is a Tuesday.

Remember, this is just a theory.

CorvoSol

I dunno, I just feel like there's not much happening in it. Maybe it's just me.

Jintor

Also I was toying with the idea of doing a blog post day-at-a-time persona 4 golden playthrough maybe beginning this march. like, here's what i did today in this small inaka town in inaba, and here's what i did today in this small inaka town irl

whatja think.

Squire

Banned
Also I was toying with the idea of doing a blog post day-at-a-time persona 4 golden playthrough maybe beginning this march. like, here's what i did today in this small inaka town in inaba, and here's what i did today in this small inaka town irl

whatja think.

The idea occurre to me as well a few months ago. I figure it might get monotonous, but a good writer could probably make it a good read.

I really hope they do, but I have a feeling they're not going to. We'll most likely get info and other types of things, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything major like a release date announcement until June.

I also have a feeling that Atlus USA has been working on this game, and that we'll see it exactly two months later in North America, on December 15th, 2015, which is a Tuesday.

Remember, this is just a theory.

I feel as though after this Famitsu magazine spread this week, P5 will probably go silent again for awhile or we'll hear stuff from time to time about the game but not much. I think we'll probably see a release date announcement in most likely May or June, around P4D's launch.

As for ATLUS USA, well they're probably working on both games right now, and we'll see them both at E3 in some capacity. With P4D likely being playable and P5 probably will be either just be a trailer or just a press demo.

Jintor

I don't have the link to hand, and don't even know how I'd find it again, but I'm certain it exists.

if i can't see it it doesn't exist, that's how i've survived this world so far and that's how i intend to keep surviving it

now on what day does persona 4 start anyway

Dantis

I feel as though after this Famitsu magazine spread this week, P5 will probably go silent again for awhile or we'll hear stuff from time to time about the game but not much. I think we'll probably see a release date announcement in most likely May or June, around P4D's launch.

As for ATLUS USA, well they're probably working on both games right now, and we'll see them both at E3 in some capacity. With P4D likely being playable and P5 probably will be either just be a trailer or just a press demo.

Call me crazy, but I don't think they'll have P5 yet.

Maaaaaaybe P4D?

I keep seeing people say that there's a big Persona 5 feature in the famitsu on the 26th as well. I haven't seen a source for that though, and it's not in Gematsu's writeup, so there's a decent chance that it might not be true.

Squire

Banned
Yes I do think that.

That's a little crazy and almost certainly not the case. Not when they have a small translation team and want to launch the games close to Japan like Ultimax.

They've probably had material from it since Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom