• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zareka

It's definitely on my list, but I'm doing both Danganronpas first, just so I don't have to worry about being spoiled on those games anymore :p
Wait, you haven't played P3? And you have Koro as an avatar? Duuuuuuuude.

Go play Danganronpa though. Second game is so worth it.

It's definitely on my list, but I'm doing both Danganronpas first, just so I don't have to worry about being spoiled on those games anymore :p

Oh..... then yeah, go do those!

A lot of people in here are huge DR fans too, so if the DR threads are dead, then just ask us again (but on twitter or IRC rather than here).

LX_Theo

Banned
Good choice
T5s569W.gif

Dawg

Wait, you haven't played P3? And you have Koro as an avatar? Duuuuuuuude.

Go play Danganronpa though. Second game is so worth it.

I knew people would call me out for using this avatar at some point ;_; But yeah, it's true. I picked Koro because he's the only notable Persona dog! I definitely need to play P3 after Danganronpa.

Oh..... then yeah, go do those!

A lot of people in here are huge DR fans too, so if the DR threads are dead, then just ask us again (but on twitter or IRC rather than here).

Will do!

Good choice

<3

You're the man now, Dawg. Go see why Gundam Tanaka is the greatest character to grace video games in the past 5 years.

I'm already looking forward to it :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Wait, you have a koromaru avatar but haven't played p3?

Hope you enjoy the DR games though. Fun games.

Zareka

I knew people would call me out for using this avatar at some point ;_; But yeah, it's true. I picked Koro because he's the only notable Persona dog! I definitely need to play P3 after Danganronpa.

All will be forgiven once you have absorbed Persona 3 into your being.

Until then, go have fun with Danganronpa. They're not half bad!

Again I think I have problem understanding what "lost a home" means In famitsu interview.

Does this mean p5 mc is an orphan? Or his parents died? Or parents divorced? It sounds really depressing and sad. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

LX_Theo

Banned
Dawg, they're a bit buried now, but here are the OT threads and community thread for DR.

DR1
DR2
DR Community

The Community thread was made a bit after much of the discussions ran their course in the DR1 and DR2 thread, so its not buzzing or something else of that nature. Be wary of accidental non censored spoilers in all the threads, too.

It's one of those games people love reading other's thoughts on as they play it, so do what you like with that bit of information. :p

Danganronpa promotion post ends now. Have fun!

I REALLY want to play Danganronpa but it's also going to be a REALLY long time till I'm able to do so as I've committed to playing the Ace Attorney games. Also doesn't help that time I could spend playing those games will be spent on a yearly playthrough of P4.

Dawg

By the way, if anyone knows a good walkthrough that covers SLinks + books + Hardcore Risette, feel free to link me.

I'm going to start my 2nd playthrough one of these days for the remaining trophies.

I'd like to turn to Persona 1 for a moment and say that even though most of the voices of the English PSX version are...questionable, I think I prefer the PSX's Mary voice to what modern Atlus pulled together for Maki on the PSP. I was pretty put off by the way she yells "Persona!" in the PSP version. It does help that the PSX version has a really pleasant reverb sound going for all of the voices, sound effects, etc. The PSP version sounds much flatter in comparision.

Also, I need to replay Persona 1 sometime. I only finished it on the PSX, and now that there's apparently a patch that switches the music to the PSX version, it'd be worth it to try wtih Reiji and get a Snow Queen Quest going.

Probably won't be the case, but if the heroes in P5 transform into their personas, do you think that would limit us to humanoid personas? (ie. no Satan, Beelzebub, or god forbid, Mara)

Murray97

I sold my Vita a while ago because I needed some money but now I really miss P4G and want to finish it.

I have a PS3 where I could just play the PS2 version of P4, is there much difference between them? Its probably not a good idea to get a Vita for one game.

I sold my Vita a while ago because I needed some money but now I really miss P4G and want to finish it.

I have a PS3 where I could just play the PS2 version of P4, is there much difference between them? Its probably not a good idea to get a Vita for one game.

Actually, the Vita gives you access to all the Persona games outside of the Arena games and Q.

As for the PS2 version, it takes out the Aeon and Jester s.links, a number of events, skill cards, and has different voice actors for Chie and Teddie.

VegiHam

All this talk about canon on the last page but y'all are overlooking the fact that technically every pairing is canon somewhere. Marie confirms as much in both P4G and PQ, velvet room guests get help from other thems in other worlds. So all playthroughs happened somewhere. What happened in the world the Arena games are in is a little vaguer, but it's probably Yu/Nobody and Makoto/Everyone. At least that's the vibe I get.

Obviously the true canon is Yu had a thing for Yosuke so hooked up with Rise to get over him cus hey she's a status symbol. That's how my game went and is the One True Canon

All this talk about canon on the last page but y'all are overlooking the fact that technically every pairing is canon somewhere. Marie confirms as much in both P4G and PQ, velvet room guests get help from other thems in other worlds. So all playthroughs happened somewhere. What happened in the world the Arena games are in is a little vaguer, but it's probably Yu/Nobody and Makoto/Everyone. At least that's the vibe I get.

Obviously the true canon is Yu had a thing for Yosuke so hooked up with Rise to get over him cus hey she's a status symbol. That's how my game went and is the One True Canon

Exactly as I said. 'Canon' is just the possibility the dev team decided on out of countless others. The chaos of the multiverse is a beautiful thing.

A lot of people buy vita just for the game though, myself included.

Another alternative is to buy a PlayStation Tv, hook it up to a monitor via hdmi and play it like there. A Playstation TV is around 80 bucks.

But if you're really strapped for cash, you could play the ps2 version and you would still get the majority of the story. To the point where you can walk around spoiler threads and it wouldn't matter.

If it's the vita's library that you're unsure of, you can look at threads like this

You know what would be weird? If all of a sudden shit goes weird for no visible reason cause the world is ending from a place that isn't Japan. Then everything just as suddenly goes back to normal cause the heroes of another story fixed it, while the P5 heroes just shrug and go on with their day.

Just finshed Persona 4 Golden, fantastic game and very sad to see it end :'(

Where do I go from here? The arena games? Persona Q? Those other persona games that nobody talks about?

CorvoSol

You know what would be weird? If all of a sudden shit goes weird for no visible reason cause the world is ending from a place that isn't Japan. Then everything just as suddenly goes back to normal cause the heroes of another story fixed it, while the P5 heroes just shrug and go on with their day.

So basically you play Persona 2: Other side of the planet

You got the ages flipped do it right :p

The point is Nanako is too damn young for Ken.

Tatsuya x Jun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Tatsuya x Maya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Tatsuya x Yukino >>> Tatsuya x Lisa
Hell, Tatsuya x Eikichi > Tatsuya x Lisa

TATSUYA X IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE KATSUYA GETS MAYA.

Now watch the Golden anime so you can burn all the good feelings right out of your soul!

You are a good dawg and congrats!

Where do I go from here? The arena games? Persona Q? Those other persona games that nobody talks about?

I'd recommend Arena games and PQ. Since you played P3 and P4, those games are great to enhance your "social experience with the crew". There will be a lot of moments to just enjoy the story chatting. At least It's one of my favorite parts about these games, the interaction between the characters. Besides that, Arena games are pretty good as a fighting series and PQ is great as a dungeon crawling.

FluxWaveZ

I'm really curious how the vocals will work with Persona 5's main theme. Right now, I find it hard to envision them added to it without ruining how awesome it is.

arue

I'm really curious how the vocals will work with Persona 5's main theme. Right now, I find it hard to envision them added to it without ruining how awesome it is.

I'd imagine it would go along the guitar part, similar to how Karma in Tales of the Abyss sounds like in the West vs the JP version.

What I'm curious about is if Meguro will stick with his traditional stable of Hirata, Kawamura , and LJ or if he'll get some new vocalists. Not that I don't love them mind you.

Squire

Banned
What I'm curious about is if Meguro will stick with his traditional stable of Hirata, Kawamura , and LJ or if he'll get some new vocalists. Not that I don't love them mind you.

LJ is probably coming back, but there should be a new singer. Yumi is P3 and Shihoko is P4, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom