• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Didn't the atlus guy here tease about shibuya before the reveal?

I don't think that was a deliberate tease.

Either way, they're definitely learning information at the rate we are and they're being sent materials fairly timely, two. There's only been a three month delay on the P5 trailers.

The said themselves they wanted to get the games out in the US close to Japan. I'm going off their words here.

Dantis

That's actually pretty hilarious.

Either way, I'm pretty sure, at the very least, Nich and John hadn't seen the trailer before we all did. Maybe someone like Yu Namba might be more in the loop we've these things? I dunno.

So the Persona news we got yesterday was from Famitsu right? Was it Dengeki PlayStation that has the other article on P5/DAN?

Has that been released/translated yet?

FluxWaveZ

I keep seeing people say that there's a big Persona 5 feature in the famitsu on the 26th as well. I haven't seen a source for that though, and it's not in Gematsu's writeup, so there's a decent chance that it might not be true.

What you're seeing mentioned is the "February 26th issue of Famitsu." What this means is that it's this week's issue of Famitsu (no. 1367), because magazines in Japan have this two-week release date/issue date discrepancy to them. Notice the "2/26" at the top of this week's Famitsu magazine:
P5-Mags.jpg
Some people are probably confused and think that this means another blast of information during the week of February 26th, but this is definitely not the case. That would refer to the March 12th issue of Famitsu.

if i can't see it it doesn't exist, that's how i've survived this world so far and that's how i intend to keep surviving it

now on what day does persona 4 start anyway

http://www.giantbomb.com/persona-4-golden/3030-36273/forums/

Every day.

Jintor

This duder doesn't actually live in an inaka town in Japan so that's gonna be my hook. I've been meaning to blog more about life here anyway so nyah.

Lunar15

The All Out Attack cut outs remind me of Monkey Punch's stuff for some reason, but I can't nail it down.

Although, MC looks so much like Light Yagami in that too.
[keikaku intensifies]

He's not holding anything in his left hand...

Also, a fake gun. :p

I didn't think so either, so that's why I was asking if that's what RockderBanja saw.

Yeah I was talking about his left hand. I mean it could be his arm, but I thought it was kukuri, which I think is a type of knife? I mean it's more machete like, but I think it still counts.

Edit: Yeah to me it resembles a kukuri:

http://www.knife-depot.com/bundles/ircglobal/images/category/1683.jpg[]

His hand is empty. I'm kind of confused how it looks like a knife. I don't see it. :S

Shit you guys, I didn't even see his left hand up by his head near the top, I thought the darkened part was his other hand holding something. That's most definitely his coat now that I see the other hand. Now I really hope there's a kukuri in game lol.

FluxWaveZ

I've noticed with ATLUS games that there is always a four month promotion period for each game following its release date announcement, with the exception being PQ. Each game uses a literal four month period, by rounding it up to the first of each fourth month from the announcement of the release date. Here's an example of the pattern:

That's interesting, but there's also another exception aside from PQ:
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Release date announced in November 2013, released in June 2014. Seven months.

Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir - Release date announced in August 2014, released in November 2014. Three months.
Four months is an interesting trend for post-2013 games, though. I kind of doubt the release date would be planned in accordance with the special Blu-ray movie, though, because release date info is probably the last thing a company would want to release "exclusively" or in any special context just to a limited public.

I'm hoping for a release date in May. Heh, that's the #5 month after all, and one where "5/5/15" would actually make sense concerning Persona 5 release info.

What are the odds that P5 comes out before Dancing? I'd guess not high because P5 still lacks a release date, so if it was likely to be done before then, we'd know by now?

FluxWaveZ

What are the odds that P5 comes out before Dancing? I'd guess not high because P5 still lacks a release date, so if it was likely to be done before then, we'd know by now?

I guess it's not impossible, but that would be real crazy. Yeah, unless they're trying to pull the surprise card, one would assume that they would have revealed P5's date before P4D's if that was the case. Not to mention that the special Blu-ray movie for P4D as an incentive to get that game would likely be lost, depending on what that disc contains.

It's regarding NA release dates where the likelihood of this happening might be a bit higher.

Speaking of Dancing, there wasn't any information on it in the latest Famitsu right? I thought Atlus just announced P5 stuff for the issue, but I've seen some talk of Dancing too so I wasn't sure.

All we know about the blu ray disk is that it contains some sort of longer video related to Persona 5, right? It's probably a trailer, but I suppose it could also be some sort of animated prologue or sidestory. That might make it a more interesting bonus.

Speaking of Dancing, there wasn't any information on it in the latest Famitsu right? I thought Atlus just announced P5 stuff for the issue, but I've seen some talk of Dancing too so I wasn't sure.

Pretty sure there was, it just hasn't come out yet. From what I think is a summary of what the content contains:
PSV 「ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト」 クマ、千枝、完二のキャラ紹介がメインに。和田和久プロデューサー兼ディレクターミニインタビューも。楽曲は基本メインダンサーが決まっているがそうではない楽曲も、完成度は上がっているとか。

Google translated:
Persona 4 DANCING ALL NIGHT"  bear, Chie, character introduction of Kanji in the main. Also Wada Kazuhisa producer and director mini interview. Music and music is not the case, but the basic main dancer has been determined also, Toka perfection is rising.

FluxWaveZ

All we know about the blu ray disk is that it contains some sort of longer video related to Persona 5, right? It's probably a trailer, but I suppose it could also be some sort of animated prologue or sidestory. That might make it a more interesting bonus.

Yeah, Psycho_Mantis mentioned he thought it could be an OVA, which made me immediately think of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward's OVA, which was essentially an anime retelling of the beginning of the game. I think it's more likely to be a long promotional video like Persona 3 and Persona 4's Famitsu DVDs, but the OVA is a possibility, too.

That's interesting, but there's also another exception aside from PQ:

Four months is an interesting trend for post-2013 games, though. I kind of doubt the release date would be planned in accordance with the special Blu-ray movie, though, because release date info is probably the last thing a company would want to release "exclusively" or in any special context just to a limited public.

I'm hoping for a release date in May. Heh, that's the #5 month after all, and one where "5/5/15" would actually make sense concerning Persona 5 release info.

I agree that it seems unlikely that the release date would be revealed on the blu ray as that's probably the main thing you want to reach as many people as possible. I could see a a real simple release date announcement in May as June will presumably be a big blowout of info and footage.

Yeah, Psycho_Mantis mentioned he thought it could be an OVA, which made me immediately think of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward's OVA, which was essentially an anime retelling of the beginning of the game. I think it's more likely to be a long promotional video like Persona 3 and Persona 4's Famitsu DVDs, but the OVA is a possibility, too.

I'd still count something like that as a promotional tool for the game though. The Zero Escape one was still essentially a trailer. So even if it is some form of OVA, it's almost certainly going to be before P5 comes out.

I do think that a longer promotional video is the most likely option though. Although it doesn't have to just be one thing, we could get both a longer trailer and an OVA.

LX_Theo

Banned
I don't think that was a deliberate tease.

Either way, they're definitely learning information at the rate we are and they're being sent materials fairly timely, two. There's only been a three month delay on the P5 trailers.

The said themselves they wanted to get the games out in the US close to Japan. I'm going off their words here.

Technically, all that shows is that the Atlus USA marketing and PR departments are getting info in a similar set as us.

Tamanon

Banned
I think Atlus USA is going to be starting work on the localization very soon. It seems that the main conceits are kept under wraps even from them for many games, but then they get to actually get in there and start work after the blowout reveal(which I qualify this as).

Of course, you won't hear anything from them about what they're actually working on beyond super vague hints.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
He correctly "guessed" that the hangout place would be a coffee shop.

Pure coincidence! There's a ginormous Starbucks (I wonder if it's the most costly Starbucks property-wise...) on the opposite side of Shibuya crossing that they showed in the TGS teaser vid.

Plus, until I read the Famitsu translations, I thought it was a bar like the Stray Sheep.

Meia

My conclusion here is that the mouth doesn't necessarily know what the head is doing.

I'll leave it at that.

Which makes the prospect of getting the game this year all the more scary. I doubt the translation jobs on the previous personas were short work, and unless the game's scope has decreased, yeah...

LX_Theo

Banned
Which makes the prospect of getting the game this year all the more scary. I doubt the translation jobs on the previous personas were short work, and unless the game's scope has decreased, yeah...

I was speaking more of Atlus USA exclusively.

Basically, I think what is being worked on is generally being done on a need to know basis at the moment. It would explain why people hadn't seen the trailer before or a bit of the information revealed by it.

At least, that's the conclusion I come to based on the current information I have.

Verder

What if they were already done with the game or at least the PS3 version and since now it's coming to ps4 they are doing some touch ups and stuff? I hope everyone gets it this year either way.

FluxWaveZ

Just like LX_Theo is saying, I don't think because some people at Altus USA are not aware of certain information, all people at the company aren't aware. This applies to localization, too. None of us who don't work professionally in localization really knows of the intricacies of the localization process, especially not concerning Atlus USA's process, but we can assume that it's a demanding one. Combined with the fact that their target for both games is still 2015, some can make certain assumptions from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom