• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

It's very difficult to tell. It looks good enough to be PS4, yet realistically possible on the PS3.

Not that it matters too much, one version or the other is going to be a simple up-port/downport.

LX_Theo

Banned
Could be either based on the graphics.

Could be PS3 if that's their focus to get done and PS4 version isn't as done on that.

Could be PS4 if it is done and they want to show the best looking version

It's kind of hard to tell which version it was. The footage looked really good but it looks like something the ps3 could pull off, but considering the PS4 is likely going to be port job with some extra polish it could also be that version.

Lunar15

Sophie's choice question, Persona GAF: What if the game doesn't launch simultaneously across both platforms? What if the PS4 launch is later, like say a few months or so?

Would anyone actually wait for the PS4 version? I don't think I could.

FluxWaveZ

Sophie's choice question, Persona GAF: What if the game doesn't launch simultaneously across both platforms? What if the PS4 launch is later, like say a few months or so?

Ha, that's the easiest Sophie's choice ever. Of course I wouldn't wait. I'm getting, like, two PS3 copies and a PS4 copy anyways.

They've said it would launch simultaneously, though.

LX_Theo

Banned

As Flux said, they're confirmed to do them at the same time.

I wouldn't wait, though. I would get both versions, probably.

I mean, a few months later I'll probably be replaying it anyways.

Sophia

Buy the Japanese version on PS3. Get the US version on PS4 later on. Be a rebel and use the Dualshock 4 on both versions.

Also, referencing Sophie's choice given my presence seems amusing. Seems like exactly the kind of question I'd ask, if I didn't know it was already a simultaneous release.

Also, I dunno if that's even a Sophie's choice type situation. Unless you were having money issues.

FluxWaveZ

This week's issue of Famitsu has the following:

• Character introductions for Teddie, Chie and Kanji. (P4D)
  • Mini interview with producer and director Kazuhisa Wada (P4D)
  • Six page feature (P4D)
  • New screenshots (P5)
But no scans yet... Wonder if they're gonna have weekly trailers for each P4D character like PQ and P4AU. It's likely.

This week's issue of Famitsu has the following:

• Character introductions for Teddie, Chie and Kanji. (P4D)
  • Mini interview with producer and director Kazuhisa Wada (P4D)
  • Six page feature (P4D)
  • New screenshots (P5)
But no scans yet... Wonder if they're gonna have weekly trailers for each P4D character like PQ and P4AU. It's likely.

I'm confused and I hope someone can clarify.

The article that got translated earlier this week was from Famitsu right? So we got the article on P5 but not the screenshots? And nothing on P4D from the same magazine?

And is there going to be anything from Dengeki Playstation?

Or were these just leaks and neither magazine is out yet?

Dantis

I drew a thing.

tumblr_njkv37pEwN1s602ggo1_1280.png

Squire

Banned
I could see certain information only being privy to certain parties. Of course.

I'm convinced it's in the works though, myself.

I drew a thing.

Nice.

That's there's much to go off of, how do you all think S. Links will be altered? I'm willing to try whatever they are as long the actual writing and character development are up to par.

That's there's much to go off of, how do you all think S. Links will be altered? I'm willing to try whatever they are as long the actual writing and character development are up to par.

Obviously baseless speculation on my part, but my guess is that the gameplay benefits of the S Link equivalents won't be limited to just Persona growth/fusion. We might still get the bonus exp when fusing, but I'm guessing there will be other benefits like improved dungeon crawling abilities. Maybe you only get that slick stealth-cover move if you get a particular rank in some S Link, for example.

I agree with you though, as long as the writing is still good I'll be down for anything.

That's fantastic Dantis.

The comments have been so vague that it's hard to guess what potential changes could be, it could be a whole fresh new idea that applies the same concepts or it could be tweaks to the existing system. I'm also happy to try anything, for me it's not so much the system itself as it is the actual character interactions and development that made me love social links. Catherine gave complete confidence that no matter how that team decides to present the character interactions they can pull it off.

Squire

Banned
The comments have been so vague that it's hard to guess what potential changes could be, it could be a whole fresh new idea that applies the same concepts or it could be tweaks to the existing system. I'm also happy to try anything, for me it's not so much the system itself as it is the actual character interactions and development that made me love social links. Catherine gave complete confidence that no matter how that team decides to present the character interactions they can pull it off.

That's exactly how I feel. It's less about S. Links specifically and more about what you get from them. They can alter the former as mich as they like or even dispose of it as long the latter is intact.

I haven't played Catherine, but I was thinking of the (admittedly short) amount of time I spent playing Persona 2. There seems to be a ton of dialogue in that game and I really like it. That's something Atlus is good at in general.

FluxWaveZ

Catherine gave complete confidence that no matter how that team decides to present the character interactions they can pull it off.

Yeah. The game practically had Social Links, too, since talking to the bargoers at the Stray Sheep regularly and selecting certain dialogue choices would affect their fate. Not to mention Catherine's texting system, how dialogue subtly changed in key scenes depending on Vincent's disposition, how pretty much all of the conversations with Vincent and his friends was awesome (even when the conversation was happening in bathroom stalls)...

I'm confident they'll handle Persona 5's social system well.

Lunar15

Ha, that's the easiest Sophie's choice ever. Of course I wouldn't wait. I'm getting, like, two PS3 copies and a PS4 copy anyways.

They've said it would launch simultaneously, though.

Didn't realize they mentioned that. Woof, I'm slipping a lot this week. At least you guys are on your game.

Drop

I drew a thing.

That's beautiful, I was thinking of doing a p5 drawing too, but I gave up cause I'm not really good. If you don't mind me asking, did you get formal education or are you self taught?

I have a lot of ideas of how they could have changed the S. Link system, they probably changed the execution but kept the general structure the same, what I mean is that we're probably still getting interactions with people associated with each arcana, but maybe we don't have the same 1 to 10 linear event, I really hope they scrapped the point system to rank-up, and replaced it with branching events decided directly by the dialogue choices, to make them have more impact.
They could have also removed the rank system entirely, a good replacement could be a bar that indicates the affinity with the character, and gets filled up the more you interact with them, it would also work better with a branching system. An S. Link could take you more to max than another because you went on a bad path, if you mess up badly enough you might even be unable to max it for the rest of the game.
Another thing I'd love to see is multiple people sharing the same arcana, and you get to choose who do you want to establish an S. Link with(kinda like drama or music club in p4), maybe you could even interact with both persons and to max out the S. Link you need to get on good term with both. Also I'd like to see different S. Link influencing each other.

I know most of this stuff probably won't come true, but please, let me dream.

LX_Theo

Banned
I just really hope that they incorporate social links into the overall story entirely and potentially mission/quest structure

Its cooperation now, right? Perhaps most people you s. link with are your contacts that you use to help you do heists. Your comrades. Your various dealers. High society people. Others with connections.

Imagine having scenes change based on where you are in a social link with people. Your stash of supplies gets raided by the cops (or something) and you have to use your contacts to set your plan back in motion. Otherwise you have to take a large risk or something else of that nature. The rich kid you've been flirting with get you tickets to the upcoming event you have planned to steal from, instead of sneaking in from the sewers.

Most of the easy to implement ideas that come to mind would have the benefits of skipping a section or giving an alternative one, but there is a lot of potential in that realm.

Sophia

I think the concept will remain the same, but ranks will be going away for SLinks. So a traditional max SLink run won't be possible anymore. Seeing as the weapons dealer and nurse are both named, I think it'll also include more than just merely XP bonuses to fusing. Like possibly reduced prices at the shops or some such.

Squire

Banned
I just really hope that they incorporate social links into the overall story entirely and potentially mission/quest structure

Its cooperation now, right? Perhaps most people you s. link with are your contacts that you use to help you do heists. Your comrades. Your various dealers. High society people. Others with connections.

Imagine having scenes change based on where you are in a social link with people. Your stash of supplies gets raided by the cops (or something) and you have to use your contacts to set your plan back in motion. Otherwise you have to take a large risk or something else of that nature. The rich kid you've been flirting with get you tickets to the upcoming event you have planned to steal from, instead of sneaking in from the sewers.

Most of the easy to implement ideas that come to mind would have the benefits of skipping a section or giving an alternative one, but there is a lot of potential in that realm.

I think the concept will remain the same, but ranks will be going away for SLinks. So a traditional max SLink run won't be possible anymore. Seeing as the weapons dealer and nurse are both named, I think it'll also include more than just merely XP bonuses to fusing. Like possibly reduced prices at the shops or some such.

I'm of half a mind that they're doing a crminal conyacts thing, like Theo suggests. That's based on their commentary and the doctor/arms dealer.

Thays definitely allow them to tie it to the main plot.

Yeah. The game practically had Social Links, too, since talking to the bargoers at the Stray Sheep regularly and selecting certain dialogue choices would affect their fate. Not to mention Catherine's texting system, how dialogue subtly changed in key scenes depending on Vincent's disposition, how pretty much all of the conversations with Vincent and his friends was awesome (even when the conversation was happening in bathroom stalls)...

I'm confident they'll handle Persona 5's social system well.

Man, Catherine was one hell of a game, I hope Atlus puts out something that weird again this gen.

Dawg

There's a tweet going around of a dude who ejaculated on an usb stick containing the Persona 5 trailer.

What. The. Actual. FUCK.

There's a tweet going around of a dude who ejaculated on an usb stick containing the Persona 5 trailer.

What. The. Actual. FUCK.
I saw that Pop up in the persona 5 tag the day after the stream. I didn't actually watch it because I don't hate myself that much.

Makio

What. The. Actual. FUCK.

I dont wanna know what this dude is going to do with the blu ray of p5 or the actual game...

Gross and weird boy , people like that really make feel bad about this fandom.

FluxWaveZ

Man, Catherine was one hell of a game, I hope Atlus puts out something that weird again this gen.

This is why I'm not really antsy for a Persona 6 following Persona 5. I want P Studio to do whatever they want to, whether that's a Persona game or something entirely different. Persona 5's showing that they have a lot of room for creative expression within the series, but I would never want them to feel creatively constrained and forced to churn out main Persona games by their overlords, even if that's not what they wanted to do.

MSMrRound

I'll eat my hat if Atlus lets you have JP audio

Saving this post for the sake of prosperity.

I'm not usually one to whine for dual audio (I'm fine with English dub and view dual audio as a bonus)....but Persona 5 have THE Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch from Code Geass) voicing the main character...hmmm....I personally would love it if Atlus surprised me the way they did with the first Persona 4 Arena (which had dual audio...but please, none of that region-locking crap)....but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom