• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, without any spoilers. I am currently at the last boss of Persona Q now and I got my ass handed to me[/SPOILER]

I'll give a few hints about how I went about it.

Recarm is pretty much useless at this point, the best thing you can do is buy full revival items, and not worry about the timers, just let the person die (unless you are playing on Risky, in which case, keep MC alive) and then revive them with the item.

Other than that, you shouldnt need to grind at all, you're easily at a level where you should be able to defeat the final boss. The best thing you can do is just deal out as much damage as you can at all times, do not worry about healing as the timers will kill you anyway, then you just revive with full health.

Also, from the sounds of it, you have Aigis in the back row. PUT HER UP FRONT! If you have the right set of skills on her, she makes the front row practically invincible! And again, due to your level, I'm assuming you have everyones upgraded personas right?

So, without any spoilers. I am currently at the last boss of Persona Q now and I got my ass handed to me by
The Clockwork God because he is using that damn skill where he gives everyone a timer. I just gave every party member Recarm, though and I am trying to grind some levels.

I am level 68 with P3 Protag, P4 Protag, Kanji, Yukari and Aigis. Where is the fastest area to grind? I tried redoing the the latest extra boss in the Inaba Pride dungeon, but it takes way to long for the XP I get.
damn, I was 74 when I got there and I didnt grind at all, just did the dungeons and every request. (Naoto nuked every random encounter)

I gave Samarecarm to two people and just focused on damage every turn, only time I did any other healing is when they had a high counter still. Mitsuru doing Mind Charge Niflheim with Ice Boost was doing massive damage. I had naoto tossing SP items since she was my fastest

Sophia

Reworked a painting I did a while back:

aigis_paint_redraft_v9_col_1000px21.jpg

So glad you posted this. As I said, the Aigis one is AMAZING. <3

Zyrox

So, without any spoilers. I am currently at the last boss of Persona Q now and I got my ass handed to me by
The Clockwork God because he is using that damn skill where he gives everyone a timer. I just gave every party member Recarm, though and I am trying to grind some levels.

I am level 68 with P3 Protag, P4 Protag, Kanji, Yukari and Aigis. Where is the fastest area to grind? I tried redoing the the latest extra boss in the Inaba Pride dungeon, but it takes way to long for the XP I get.
Maybe it's time to bust out the endgame strats (you don't need to grind btw):
Get a Persona with Panic circle and impure reach. Get another Persona with Salome's Kiss (costs like 64 SP per use so put that on someone with high SP and get SP recovery items) and Binding hands. You should also have the skill Stagnant air (lengthens the duration ailments and binds last on the enemy). Panic is so good in this game it's ridiculous (and yes, it even works on the final boss). Binds are there as added security for when Panic runs out/misses. With those skills you should already be pretty safe. When I fought the final boss, he stayed panicked for the whole duration of the fight so I didn't even get to see his skills. Now, I hope you are already using links, if not, make someone your linker (Dragon cry so that they act first, some link skill, Quadruple/Infinity link and golden link. Passive damage boost stuff like First Star can't hurt either.) Now that you have those, get the skill Myriad arrows for the people who are not casting binds/panic/links. Myriad arrows is EXTREMELY good, it does ridiculous damage but has shit accuracy. Though, shit accuracy doesn't matter when the enemy is panicked/Agility bound, as everything will hit them then anyway. Myriad arrows also has the benefit, since it hits 5 to 7 times, of almost always scoring a crit, making you stay boosted.
So yeah, if you have all of these, you should stomp the boss completely into the ground (works against other bosses/FOEs as well). The most important thing is really the combo of Panic circle + Salome's kiss + Stagnant air to completely shut the boss' options down.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe it's time to bust out the endgame strats (you don't need to grind btw):
Get a Persona with Panic circle and impure reach. Get another Persona with Salome's Kiss (costs like 64 SP per use so put that on someone with high SP and get SP recovery items) and Binding hands. You should also have the skill Stagnant air (lengthens the duration ailments and binds last on the enemy). Panic is so good in this game it's ridiculous (and yes, it even works on the final boss). Binds are there as added security for when Panic runs out/misses. With those skills you should already be pretty safe. When I fought the final boss, he stayed panicked for the whole duration of the fight so I didn't even get to see his skills. Now, I hope you are already using links, if not, make someone your linker (Dragon cry so that they act first, some link skill, Quadruple/Infinity link and golden link. Passive damage boost stuff like First Star can't hurt either.) Now that you have those, get the skill Myriad arrows for the people who are not casting binds/panic/links. Myriad arrows is EXTREMELY good, it does ridiculous damage but has shit accuracy. Though, shit accuracy doesn't matter when the enemy is panicked/Agility bound, as everything will hit them then anyway. Myriad arrows also has the benefit, since it hits 5 to 7 times, of almost always scoring a crit, making you stay boosted.
So yeah, if you have all of these, you should stomp the boss completely into the ground (works against other bosses/FOEs as well). The most important thing is really the combo of Panic circle + Salome's kiss + Stagnant air to completely shut the boss' options down.

Don't even need links, power charge + myriad arrows kills him in 3-4 hits.

Arizato

Thanks for the tips!

I ended up giving Myriad arrows to 3 of my party members, then used Masukukaja, Dibilitate and Matarukaja along with one characters power charging while using Myriad Arrows, the other two used Myriad Arrows as usual. The two remaining characters healed and revived. Killed boss incredibly easy with this method since he kept missing and I just keep hitting him with all arrows, almost landing a crit everytime.

Meia

Starting dungeon 3 in PQ. I've heard it's quite rage inducing so any tips for fusions?

Starting from this point, if you don't have it, you want Snake Eyes on one of your navs(eliminates enemy advantage most times it happens). Enemies in the third dungeon are very fast.

Verder

I really hope they use a different singer for the p5 main theme. I really liked Hirata and Kawamura but they should give Shuhei Kita another chance or go for a different guy singing the theme this time. We are about to hear a shitload of Hira/Kawa soon.

Lunar15

I really hope they use a different singer for the p5 main theme. I really liked Hirata and Kawamura but they should give Shuhei Kita another chance or go for a different guy singing the theme this time. We are about to hear a shitload of Hira/Kawa soon.

I feel confident they'll get a new singer for this game. I can't remember exactly, but Meguro said something to the effect when he said they'll reveal the singer at another time.

QuadOpto

^^That picture's amazingly awesome but the age incongruity of the P5 MC is bothering me a lot.

Even if it's set in some kind of mystical time where both P3 MCs are around and Yu is going to Inaba, Glasses would at least be only a two or three years younger at most. In that picture he looks like he's Ken's age in P3.:p

What's the source btw cuz it is still a cool picture regardless.

FluxWaveZ

Even if it's set in some kind of mystical time where both P3 MCs are around and Yu is going to Inaba, Glasses would at least be only a two or three years younger at most. In that picture he looks like he's Ken's age in P3.:p

Persona 5 presumably takes place in 2016, while P3 takes place in 2009 and P4 takes place in 2011. I'm not sure the age is out of place.

Lunar15

Kinda funny to think about the fact that the P4 gang would be around 21-22 in P5, while the P3 gang would be around 24-25.

God, I hope none of them show up in P5.

I am assuming that those characters are more like anthropomorphic avatars of their own respective games and the P5MC looks like that because his game is not out yet.

Do you guys believe there's any chance of a Persona 5 + PS4 bundle coming out? I'm kind of tempted by the FF Type-0 bundle, but I'd rather wait for Persona 5.

CorvoSol

^^That picture's amazingly awesome but the age incongruity of the P5 MC is bothering me a lot.

What's the source btw cuz it is still a cool picture regardless.

I feel like P4 MC would only be a little kid when P1 MC was in HS. Like, 2 years old young.

CorvoSol

I think one of the more clever things about that picture up there is that the bus schedule for where each bus is heading is the release year of the game. Shibuya is leaving at 20:14, so our artist was a bit optimistic.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm actually really enjoying PQ so far. I'm not very far but I've started to get the hang of the way the game works. I started with P4 main but I hope i can get P3 partymembers later.

kiyoaki

Persona Magazine #February 2015 issue full cover:

Does anyone know if it will mention anything new based on the text in the cover?
Nothing really new as far as I can tell. They promise a look at the new "picaresque juvenile" theme from "different angles" for P5 and lots of screenshots and interviews for P4D. Also, P3 and PQ manga and a special report on the recent live concert.

Meia

I wouldn't count it completely out. We all thought the Persona Q wouldn't ever leave Japan!

Pretty much this exactly. Thankfully I see no games I NEED in the coming year until P5 comes out, so I can play the waiting game without much pressure. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom