• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

Add Naoto, whatever you do, add Naoto

EDIT: This isn't even my Naoto bias, shes easily the best character in PQ

Agreed. I have a Naoto bias too, but Naoto is easily one of the best character to go for (next to Aigis) if you are looking to build a team. Remove Naoto from your party if you want more of a challenge though.

If you are using her...try getting the Panic Circle and Impure Reach skill card and slap it on her.

Meia

Basically only pick Naoto if you want to go down a difficulty level(or two!) without actually changing the in-game settings. :p

VegiHam

So, did you play on P3 side then?

Add Naoto, whatever you do, add Naoto

EDIT: This isn't even my Naoto bias, shes easily the best character in PQ
Funny story, I used Naoto all game because she's one of my faves. In the fourth Labyrinth I replaced everyone's Personas and just gave her something random. She started slaughtering eveything in one turn. Turns out I gave her 'impure reach' unintentionally. Just went through the rest of the game like that, every battle was Zen, Rei, Kanji and the MCs just standing by and letting Naoto instakill everything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, once you've unlocked skill cards you don't really need naoto anymore to do what naoto is doing. Especially with the sub persona system.

That said, naoto is the best anyway. Why would you not pick naoto?

arue

Nothing really new as far as I can tell. They promise a look at the new "picaresque juvenile" theme from "different angles" for P5 and lots of screenshots and interviews for P4D. Also, P3 and PQ manga and a special report on the recent live concert.
Thanks for the translation. I was hoping for new screenshoots for P5 but looks like that won't happen then :(

Eh, once you've unlocked skill cards you don't really need naoto anymore to do what naoto is doing. Especially with the sub persona system.

That said, naoto is the best anyway. Why would you not pick naoto?
In order to get mamudoon, mahamaon, and impure reach skill cards you would need to be level 73

Naoto learns Mamudoon at 43, mahamaon at 38, and you can add impure reach to her at 13

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't even mean the instakill stuff, because that's just a convenience thing really. Though actually now that I think about the things that I think make her OP is all subpersona stuff anyway that suited her because impure reach amps the instakill moves. :p

Really though, only things you need to be OP are panic circle, tentarafoo, impure reach and stagnant air.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
^^That picture's amazingly awesome but the age incongruity of the P5 MC is bothering me a lot.

Even if it's set in some kind of mystical time where both P3 MCs are around and Yu is going to Inaba, Glasses would at least be only a two or three years younger at most. In that picture he looks like he's Ken's age in P3.:p

What's the source btw cuz it is still a cool picture regardless.

I got it from tumblr.

I don't even mean the instakill stuff, because that's just a convenience thing really. Though actually now that I think about the things that I think make her OP is all subpersona stuff anyway that suited her because impure reach amps the instakill moves. :p

Really though, only things you need to be OP are panic circle, tentarafoo, impure reach and stagnant air.
what makes Naoto OP in my opinion is her ability to just march you through dungeons. She has extremely high speed, and generally instakills the board.

Against bosses she makes a great debuffer, and can throw out megidolaons

Lusankya

Based on the dates we know it's most likely 2016. 2015 isn't possible, because 11th April is not on a Monday.

Persona Magazine #February 2015 issue full cover:

Does anyone know if it will mention anything new based on the text in the cover?

I really like this artwork, he seems so different compared to the guy we thought he was when they showed us the first teaser trailer.
In this picture he looks so full of himself, nearly evil.

Reworked a painting I did a while back:
aigis_paint_redraft_v9_col_1000px21.jpg

JmhJxy3.jpg

and Margaret for Michelle Ann Dunphy's charity raffle:

Shmeeb, you are incredible. These are amazing!

Guys, don't be depressed if someone gets banned.

mdwhlacr.gif

heheh

MSMrRound

A bit off-topic kinda...but apparently there's a trend going around about posting your Twitter wordclouds. (Tweet @wordnuvola using the hashtag #wordcloud. One will be sent to you in a few minutes).

Here's mine. What did you guys get?

Couldn't P5 takes place like three or four years from now? Because P3 came in 2006 but the game is set in 2009. P4 came in 2008 and the game is set in 2011. Maybe Atlus will do the same with P5.

Setsu00

Most likely 2016 or 2011 as some have already pointed out. 2011 would be interesting as it means that P4 and P5 run parallely. My bet is on 2016, though.

Lusankya

Couldn't P5 takes place like three or four years from now? Because P3 came in 2006 but the game is set in 2009. P4 came in 2008 and the game is set in 2011. Maybe Atlus will do the same with P5.

Well, after 2016 the next possible years would be 2022, 2033 and 2039. I guess 2022 would be possible, but I don't think they will set it that far in the future.

Meia

Is she that game breaking? Is it possible to use her without destroing the challenge in the process?

Instant death spells are just overpowered in the game to begin with, and enemies start using them late too. The way to block them isn't even that well off, so they kind of make the game a mess. Of course, naoto specializes in them, so...

Well, you could choose to not give her the skill Impure Reach(which increases the chance status effects land, instant Death being considered a "status effect" as well), but that may make her totally useless to begin with, so dunno.

MSMrRound

Predicting Vox's wordcloud will be basically one big SHO right in the middle.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Record confirmed for May 5th..nice.

Neku89

Uhm, can someone remind me the prerequisites for the Christmas Eve's date in P4G? Finish the dungeon before December 23rd (Dec 22nd being the last day) and be in a relationship with someone, right? I've done that and the game skipped to Dec 25th. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom