• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Mine seems to know something I don't...

4tQCyyN.png

Persona 5 is coming out today? Via email?! Awesome!

Also, I just realized something: They had to have gotten a new voice actor for Igor's lines in the P3 movie, correct? Or did they just use clips from the game?

In the first movie they just re-used the game lines, he's even credited as a 'special performance' or something like that.

Dont know about movie 2 though.

Zebetite

Banned
My twitter account is super-secret and I basically just tweet vague cryptic bullshit with a poor poetic inclination into an echo chamber so I can look back two years ago and puzzle together what exactly I was thinking.

As a result, it's probably one of the weirder ones! There are some Persona-related words in here though-- try and find them.

Well that's interesting.

P4G
On this second playthrough of P4G, I procrastinated on Marie's social link. After completing Rank 5 in late october, the scene features Naoto with dialogue that I didn't see in my original playthrough, because I had gotten past this rank before Naoto joined.

Since Marie's s.link is a newer addition, I wonder if we could see it as a preview to new additions. Like if Persona 5 social link equivalents will be more variable, depending on your in-game story progress, stats, other relationships, etc.

Pardon the DW blu, I picked it up yesterday while the other stuff arrived today...

P1020558_zpsr3npijns.jpg

I still should pick up the P4Golden Anime BDs for the soundtrack discs... blah.

Inotti

Is Persona Q worth buying if I loved Persona 4 but didn't enjoy SMT IV that much? I also find dungeons in Persona 4 boring. Not sure if Persona Q is for me or not.

Is Persona Q worth buying if I loved Persona 4 but didn't enjoy SMT IV that much? I also find dungeons in Persona 4 boring. Not sure if Persona Q is for me or not.
I think it's pretty fun, but you might want to try giving the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo a shot to see how you feel about that style of dungeon crawling and combat. Structurally, PQ doesn't have a whole lot it common with P3 or P4, and I haven't spent enough time with SMT IV to how that compares.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I bought catherine to finally play it, and decided to check HLTB for it because I like to know how long I can expect the game to be. Average beat time is 14 hours, which is ok, but completionist is 63? o_O

What kind of stuff do you have to do to be completionist about it?

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I bought catherine to finally play it, and decided to check HLTB for it because I like to know how long I can expect the game to be. Average beat time is 14 hours, which is ok, but completionist is 63? o_O

What kind of stuff do you have to do to be completionist about it?

Multiple endings and difficulties.

Persona Q is great. The dungeons are nothing like P4 in that they are fixed, not random. They're a lot more fun to navigate, and to look at. Plus each dungeon has puzzle mechanics that you need to figure out, and to me, this was awesome, to other people, they hated the puzzles so YMMV.

PK Gaming

Well that's interesting.

P4G
On this second playthrough of P4G, I procrastinated on Marie's social link. After completing Rank 5 in late october, the scene features Naoto with dialogue that I didn't see in my original playthrough, because I had gotten past this rank before Naoto joined.

Since Marie's s.link is a newer addition, I wonder if we could see it as a preview to new additions. Like if Persona 5 social link equivalents will be more variable, depending on your in-game story progress, stats, other relationships, etc.

That IS interesting

So what does Naoto say? And how many lines does she get?

That IS interesting

So what does Naoto say? And how many lines does she get?

Naoto: What's wrong, everyone? I can hear you from over there.
Naoto: I see...So you are Senpai's "tsure."
Marie: what the hell's a "tsure"?
Naoto: Tsure is a term used today to refer to friends.
Naoto: It originally derives from Noh, referring to the companion role.
Marie: Noh? Noh what?
Naoto: O-oh, sorry. Like Kabuki, Noh is a traditional form of Japanese entertainment, and...
Marie: I don't know what that is, either.
Yosuke: This is going to take forever....

http://i.imgur.com/hdZZ7lN.jpg

When Chie and Yukiko arrive, Naoto is pushed behind the character portrait where you can't see her anymore. It's because she wasn't in this scene originally and her part was added on later.

Sophia

Well that's interesting.

P4G

The whole game already has this. It's not merely unique to the scenario you described. Many social links will change if you wait to do them later on in the game or not. It's subtle, but very well handled.

Any social link scene involving Nanako is a good example. You get alternative versions if it's past November.

That being said, I'm surprised this scene is added to Marie's social link. I wonder what other changes Golden made like this.

The whole game already has this. It's not merely unique to the scenario you described. Many social links will change if you wait to do them later on in the game or not. It's subtle, but very well handled.

Any social link scene involving Nanako is a good example. You get alternative versions if it's past November.

That being said, I'm surprised this scene is added to Marie's social link. I wonder what other changes Golden made like this.

It also happens during
Shu's social link. Naoto wasn't there because I'd gotten her out of the TV the day before.

It also happens during
Shu's social link. Naoto wasn't there because I'd gotten her out of the TV the day before.
Shu's rank 9 is pretty clearly built around the ability to do it at anytime--the only party members that really have anything to say during it are Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko--the others only really say things when everyone interjects something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom