• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

The graphics on P4D are so good.

Also I guess that confirms that there'll be original outfits. We've seen about five for Rise now I think?

Jintor

The first kanji "秀" means preeminence. The second kanji "尽" can mean the last day of the month, or "end", "limit", and "extreme" Could the final day of each month tie into P5?

What does everyone think of this?

Hashino did say an unexpected event occurs at the beginning of the game. Maybe that event took place during the end of March, and each month, more things begin to happen. The word "preeminence" gives me that feeling. Maybe the cast needs to go into the dungeons before the end of each month in order to stop whatever happens.

I read it as 'excel daylight' lol due to my shitty kanji knowledge. But that might be a reasonable assumption.

kiyoaki

So, I've noticed something. I'm sure by now, many people know that the name of the school in P5 is an oral pun on the Japanese word for "prisoner." The school's name is Shujin High School. Shujin, as in prisoner, is written 囚人

However, the name of the school in P5 (Shujin High School) is written "秀尽学園高校" (The first two kanji make up the word shujin, and the last four make up the word high school academy) This is an oral pun that goes with what the game is based upon and the whole prisoner motif. However, the first two kanji seem to have some meaning that can be derived from them, like with prior Persona games, where the school name had something to do with the plot. Gekkoukan (月光館) means "the moonlight castle" which relates to a major plot point of P3. Yasogami (八十神) is "many gods" which relates to a major plot point of P4. So, it looks like P5 shares a similar formula with the school name.

The first kanji "秀" means preeminence. The second kanji "尽" can mean the last day of the month, or "end", "limit", and "extreme" Could the final day of each month tie into P5?

What does everyone think of this?

Hashino did say an unexpected event occurs at the beginning of the game. Maybe that event took place during the end of March, and each month, more things begin to happen. The word "preeminence" gives me that feeling. Maybe the cast needs to go into the dungeons before the end of each month in order to stop whatever happens.
尽 is most often used in expressions like ベストを尽くす= Doing one's best, giving it your all. In this context, i seems to reinforce the meaning of the first kanji in a (made up) compound. IMO the pun implies that striving for academic excellence from a young age can make you feel like a prisoner, kind of a an obvious swipe at Japan's gakureki shakai.

Lusankya

The graphics on P4D are so good.

Also I guess that confirms that there'll be original outfits. We've seen about five for Rise now I think?

Oh yeah, the character models are amazing. I think they're actually better looking than the P5 models (which is understandable, because there are much fewer characters and locations in P4D).

For Rise we saw 6 costumes so far:
- P4D standard idol outfit
- Winter uniform
- Summer uniform
- Summer casual clothes
- Devil costume
Edit - Mid-winter casual clothes

Edit 2: I guess we will also get at least the ski-trip outfit, the non-summer P4 Vanilla casual clothes and the beach outfit.

Dantis

There was the mid-winter outfit too. So six costumes.

Is it safe to assume that the devil outfit is because Rise doesn't have a halloween outfit, and everyone else will just get their P4G halloween costume?

B-hLLupCYAARos2.jpg

(Y)

Jintor

i remember my first formal date gleefully pointing out that she had shorts on under her formal skirt and then angrily badmouthing some dudes who were giving her 'bedroom eyes' (we were sixteen at the time and that was super not cool)

Kazzy

Ha, I was looking for a .gif related to that quicklook.

I'd own two copies of that game, across both regions, and I literally didn't know that was even a thing before that quick look!

Though, now that I think about it, I don't know whether I'm happy that they saw fit to insert those measures, or if I'm a little worried, given they would had thought to do it.

Dantis

Just compared the portraits.

Naoto's is identical, with the only differences being in the colour and some different line weighting. I had expected longer eyelashes on her, but they seem to be exactly the same as before, which is interesting.

Rise's is largely the same, but she has much longer and darker eyelashes. Her nose is also smaller. It looks more different than it is because they've combined different eyes and mouth shapes from her P4 expressions to create new expressions, some of which look kinda weird.

Narukami's new portrait makes him look way older.

The DAN press hype has begun!

I wonder how long it'll be before the english trailers come out? A month maybe?

Also, im hoping for some features news soon. We know theres a story mode (and i would assume free play) but will there be multiplayer?

Lusankya

Did they change Rise's eye color in the portraits? They look dark grey and not brown-greenish anymore. Although her 3d model and the anime sequence feature the correct eye color.

QjjBWfh.png
obhTLJY.png

FluxWaveZ

Rise's was the first character trailer for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

I wonder how long it'll be before the english trailers come out? A month maybe??

Previous examples:

The first Persona Q character trailers were on December 20, 2013. The first Persona Q English character trailers were on September 4, 2014, so a delay of 9 months.

The first Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character trailer was on April 24, 2014. The first English P4AU trailers were on July 23, 2014. so a delay of 3 months.

Seeing how there's no reason to believe otherwise, there most likely won't be English P4D trailers until May, at least.

Lusankya

think it's just a light consequence, her hair is about the same amount less vibrant

I am not too sure.

P4D-Rise-PV_02-23-15.jpg

3D model has the same hair color, but a different eye color.

They also kinda messed up the images of Yosuke and Chie on the web site. They're badly resized compared to the other three characters (the outlines are all jittered).

I am not too sure.

P4D-Rise-PV_02-23-15.jpg

3D model has the same hair color, but a different eye color.

They also kinda messed up the images of Yosuke and Chie on the web site. They're badly resized compared to the other three characters (the outlines are all jittered).

chie is very very strange

so it is 100% confirmed, no more changes, that the p4dancing game will give p4mc a Yu Narukami name? everyones gona call him Narukami-kun/senpai etc?

if the above is true

Will Atlus USA be able to say nope, we're giving our fan base the chance to rename p4mc?

because he was renameable when Dingo was captain (called Hero)

Can't believe I'm so hyped for a rythm game. I'm gonna play the hell out of this.
I'm very pleased with how good it looks and the remixes are sounding great.

LiK

i'm on the home stretch to the True Ending in P4G. have to max out the Fox and Kanji Social Links before the end. it's been a tad stressful every time I lose a day. I'm so close to getting the All Maxed trophy

i'm on the home stretch to the True Ending in P4G. have to max out the Fox and Kanji Social Links before the end. it's been a tad stressful every time I lose a day. I'm so close to getting the All Maxed trophy
first playthrough, or new game+?

I did it on first playthrough. Reloading repeatedly to get the right beef bowl stats...

LiK

first playthrough, or new game+?

I did it on first playthrough. Reloading repeatedly to get the right beef bowl stats...

NG+, my first playthrough was blind so I missed out on a bunch of stuff. I didn't even know where to get the bug net and fishing rod without a guide, lol. didn't start fishing until January now for the Fox Social Link. hope I manage to max it before deadline. I managed to get the book trophy last night tho so if I need to reload an earlier save and redo the social links, i'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom