• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG+, my first playthrough was blind so I missed out on a bunch of stuff. I didn't even know where to get the bug net and fishing rod without a guide, lol. didn't start fishing until January now for the Fox Social Link. hope I manage to max it before deadline. I managed to get the book trophy last night tho so if I need to reload an earlier save and redo the social links, i'll do that.
yea, I used a guide because I wasn't sure if I would have time for multiple playthroughs and wanted to see everything

guide got me all social links and book trophy on playthrough one

muteki

Really liking how things look at the end of the video once all the notes and scores are on screen. The crazier the better. Hopefully by the time June rolls around my comprehension will be better and I can get more out of the story.

Holy crap light in a starless sky is good! Like really really fucking good!

Always impresses me that meguro is able to make new songs that fit perfectly into the old styles. Working on a P3 sounding song after working so long on P4/P5 must be harder than a lot of people realise.

LiK

yea, I used a guide because I wasn't sure if I would have time for multiple playthroughs and wanted to see everything

guide got me all social links and book trophy on playthrough one

I was tempted but I didn't wanna spoil any part of the story for myself first time. i loved the whole murder mystery angle. the guide actually revealed the true villain a tad earlier than I wanted but thankfully the way the game reveals his motives made up for it.

btw guys, I just ordered P4A, P4UA and PQ. down the rabbit hole I go!

I was tempted but I didn't wanna spoil any part of the story for myself first time. i loved the whole murder mystery angle. the guide actually revealed the true villain a tad earlier than I wanted but thankfully the way the game reveals his motives made up for it.

btw guys, I just ordered P4A, P4UA and PQ. down the rabbit hole I go!
the guide I used was really good about spoilers thankfully

Nice pickups, I love the P4A games, and PQ was good for the story (I dont enjoy the style of game). Though, you probably should have just bought P4AU and the DLC that contains the P4 story mode

Always impresses me that meguro is able to make new songs that fit perfectly into the old styles. Working on a P3 sounding song after working so long on P4/P5 must be harder than a lot of people realise.

Someone uploaded it? I've been looking for it for a while.

EDIT: Found it. It's amazing.

Nap1400

Sheesh, not even a page and the Rise trailer thread in Gaming is devolving into waifu talk already. Isn't there an implied ban on that?

Sheesh, not even a page and the Rise trailer thread in Gaming is devolving into waifu talk already. Isn't there an implied ban on that?
no, not unless it gets out of hand and then a specific thread may ban for it (I think I've seen two threads add that). There is nothing stopping it in general though

LiK

the guide I used was really good about spoilers thankfully

Nice pickups, I love the P4A games, and PQ was good for the story (I dont enjoy the style of game). Though, you probably should have just bought P4AU and the DLC that contains the P4 story mode

oh wait, P4U has P4A story in DLC? is it the exact same story? I just canceled P4A. it wasn't shipped yet, thankfully. Thanks for the heads up.

chie is very very strange

so it is 100% confirmed, no more changes, that the p4dancing game will give p4mc a Yu Narukami name? everyones gona call him Narukami-kun/senpai etc?

if the above is true

Will Atlus USA be able to say nope, we're giving our fan base the chance to rename p4mc?

because he was renameable when Dingo was captain (called Hero)

There is next to zero chance. His name is "Yu Narukami" in an overwhelming amount of P4 media (seven, I think?) and it is unchangeable in those, also.

if they bought NA P4AU it should work regardless of console region, as long as they have an NA account.

I'm not 100% on that though

Oh, I assumed he bought the japanese version of the game for some reason.
Yeah, should work, download the dlc with the US account and then you can switch to another account if you want.

arue

I just heard it earlier this morning too. It's amazing! I'm surprised that the beginning is the same one in the trailer.

LiK

Oh, I assumed he bought the japanese version of the game for some reason.
Yeah, should work, download the dlc with the US account and then you can switch to another account if you want.

oh, nope, I bought the NA one. I guess the DLC is better cuz P4A retail is region-locked so I don't need to worry about that anymore.

84X

Banned
Rise's idol getup makes her look more cutesy but otherwise she's basically the exact same.

Anyways, I'm really digging Yu's new cutin but... I don't know exactly what about DAN made P-studio go "we NEED an updated image!"

Dantis

Rise looks older to me.

That's because you've got bad eyesight, mate.

I don't know. Narukami's portrait almost feels like a different art style.

Well, maybe he can multiple expressions now.

Someone pointed out to me on Twitter that his face is pulled almost exactly from this piece of art:
6IrJm0i.jpg

Narukami's new portrait makes him look way older.
Eh, going by the art of him from Golden, he looks about the same. Though he definitely seems to have a stronger jawline than what he had in his original portrait.
Did they change Rise's eye color in the portraits? They look dark grey and not brown-greenish anymore. Although her 3d model and the anime sequence feature the correct eye color.

QjjBWfh.png
obhTLJY.png
They look to be inline with how they look in the Golden art Nevermind that the colors in the picture on the right are off anyways.
Rise actually looks older in P4, which is really weird.
What makes you say that?
I am not too sure.

P4D-Rise-PV_02-23-15.jpg

3D model has the same hair color, but a different eye color.
The lighting is all weird there, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

arue

Ever since P4AU, Soejima has been drawing his eyes wider apart than before.
I noticed this on the P5 trailer too.

I don't know if it's a bad thing, but I'm used to the "gap between eyes = eye width" thing in art classes.

Ever since P4AU, Soejima has been drawing his eyes wider apart than before.
I noticed this on the P5 trailer too.

I don't know if it's a bad thing, but I'm used to the "gap between eyes = eye width" thing in art classes.

Art school is for suckers.

Meia

Was a neat trailer. The mouth moving isn't nearly as bad as the simple animation the fighting games had(new portraits so they better be done better). Also like how part of her trailer seemlessly cuts with her alternate outfits, so looking forward to seeing the rest of the casts. Though I guess it could be implied we're getting the P4D one, the basic Yaso high outfit(as the chararcters wore it in P4), the casual summer clothes, and then the halloween one as was pointed out. That last could just be a specific one for the character though(could see Chie's being the Bruce Lee tracksuit in that instance).

Wonder if we're getting one of these a week, hype as hell if so. :D

Dantis

The mouth moving looked like it was done by Soejima this time, using hand-drawn frames, rather than some weird Flash style thing.

What makes you say that?

The various changes to her face. I overlaid them to check I wasn't crazy, and lots of small changes have been made. I think the intent is stylistic, but the result makes her look younger

The various changes to her face. I overlaid them to check I wasn't crazy, and lots of small changes have been made. I think the intent is stylistic, but the result makes her look younger

I know there are differences, but what about those differences make her look younger?

Sophia

Glad there are alternating outfits. Character based rhythm games shouldn't be without that.

So last week we got the Persona 5 website update, and this week we got our first character trailer for Dancing All Night. Wonder what will be next week?

Sophia

P4D trailer for Yu, Yosuke or Chie, most likely.

Probably, but I think they're gonna spread it out because the character trailers alone won't make it to P4D's release date. Think we're gonna get something else in between them.

That or the P3 cast are in too. That would give them almost enough.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt they'll be including P3 characters solely because of the song list, but I would be very surprised if Marie wasn't a character in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom