• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LX_Theo

Banned
If they were using P3 characters, they'd have reveal as much by now with the last major trailer in February. Character trailers are hardly the place they'd make such a reveal.

Lusankya

Probably, but I think they're gonna spread it out because the character trailers alone won't make it to P4D's release date. Think we're gonna get something else in between them.

They probably show us some trailers about the different game modes + DLC as well.

Sophia

Well, lets see. They have about 17 weeks left, give or take, before the release date. Eight playable members of the cast (one of whom we've already gotten a trailer for, so 7), plus Marie (8), plus possibly Nanako (9), plus possibly Margaret (10) plus some gameplay trailers (11-14)

Unless we don't simply get trailers a few weeks, that's going to leave them short. My estimates are being slightly generous too, assuming the Marie and Margaret are playable, and that those two + Nanako will all get their own character trailer.

Lusankya

Well, lets see. They have about 17 weeks left, give or take, before the release date. Eight playable members of the cast (one of whom we've already gotten a trailer for, so 7), plus Marie (8), plus possibly Nanako (9), plus possibly Margaret (10) plus some gameplay trailers (11-14)

Unless we don't simply get trailers a few weeks, that's going to leave them short. My estimates are being slightly generous too, assuming the Marie and Margaret are playable, and that those two + Nanako will all get their own character trailer.

You're forgetting Kanami. Also maybe they show trailers where they feature some of the new remix tracks.

Sophia

You're forgetting Kanami. Also maybe they show trailers where they feature some of the new remix tracks.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about her. She's pretty forgettable despite the whole premise of the game is technically about her. >_>

I accounted for the aforementioned trailers in my gameplay estimate tho.

FluxWaveZ

Things to consider for the 17 weeks:

- PV01 is labeled as such, so there'll most likely at least be one or two more. P4AU had 3 and Persona Q had 4.
- The game's opening video.
- Gameplay videos about minor things. Persona Q had a video dedicated to showing off differences between difficulty modes.

Based on some of that, I could see it happening, even if they weren't to skip any weeks (which I think could happen, since I believe it happened at least once for PQ and P4AU):
1. Yu
2. Yosuke
3. Chie
4. Kanji
5. Yukiko
6. Naoto
7. Teddie
8. Marie
9. Nanako
10. Kanamin
11. [Unknown character]
12. PV02
13. PV03
14. Opening
15. Gameplay demonstration
16. Game modes demonstration
17. Anything else (PSC footage, DLC demonstration, PV04, remixed music, etc.)
If Nanako's important to the story like they say she is, I think she'll definitely get her own trailer.

Lusankya

Oh yeah, totally forgot about her. She's pretty forgettable despite the whole premise of the game is technically about her. >_>

I accounted for the aforementioned trailers in my gameplay estimate tho.

I kinda like her design, but we really don't know anything about her...

For Persona Q they also showed story trailers and overall A LOT of gameplay trailers. So maybe they show a trailer for every single game mode plus gallery, costume change feature, etc.

LiK

Nanako is one of the most adorable kid characters of all time. The combination of her design/animations and the VO was just too cute. I can understand why people love her so much. She's quite precious.

FluxWaveZ

Also, Flux, maybe that unknown character will be the antagonist?

Sure. All I'm really confident about in terms of that is: Marie will definitely be a playable character, and there'll be at least one other playable character revealed that we don't know of yet.

Antagonist, huh. This story's gonna be pretty funny.

PK Gaming

I love how Yu is still wearing his Yasogami uniform. Like he hasn't gone there in nearly a year and he's still rocking that outfit.

Speaking of Yu, i'll be incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly disappointed if this:

6TFtGmZ.png

isn't an alt costume:

Does the Persona fighters have the Featherman R costumes? I loved them lol

If you mean the fighting games, only Yukari has a Featherman costume, because that's what she's stuck with.
If you mean the party members in the RPGs, They're unlockable costumes in P4G.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH, now you've got me thinking of them as costumes in P4D.

Murray97

Quick question, do I need to play through 'The Answer' as well before starting Persona 4 Arena? Or just 'The Journey'

Aka is there spoilers for 'The Answer' in Persona 4 Arena?

Dantis

I love how Yu is still wearing his Yasogami uniform. Like he hasn't gone there in nearly a year and he's still rocking that outfit.

Speaking of Yu, i'll be incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly incredibly disappointed if this:

isn't an alt costume:

I knew who it was posting this before I even saw your username.

I'd be willing to bet money that it will be in there.

Looking forward to seeing what shows up in Narukami's trailer. I hope it's more than just winter casual, winter uniform and halloween costume.

PK Gaming

I knew who it was posting this before I even saw your username.

I'd be willing to bet money that it will be in there.

Looking forward to seeing what shows up in Narukami's trailer. I hope it's more than just winter casual, winter uniform and halloween costume.

Haha, have I gotten that predictable?

Yeah, his trailer should be interesting. Since Yosuke and co apparently visit him in the city, I wonder if they'll show his current living conditions. That would be interesting.

Dantis

Haha, have I gotten that predictable?

Yeah, his trailer should be interesting. Since Yosuke and co apparently visit him in the city, I wonder if they'll show his current living conditions. That would be interesting.

THE MOST PREDICTABLE.

That would be interesting, actually. I was also thinking that it would be pretty funny if Kido was the one who was writing this, because then it might actually end up being pretty good, and probably better than the Arena games.

I really hope there are outfits that aren't from P4G in there, too. It's cool seeing all the P4G outfits in good graphics, but I'd like some new stuff too.

Tamanon

Banned
Yu seems to be going full bishi on P4D. Wring the last bit out of him in this victory lap before he becomes just another protagonist.

So long as Mrs Narukami makes an appearance, I'll be happy.

She deserves more than just one panel in the manga :p

LiK

i guess i should restart and finish P3 after i beat P4G. which version is the best? I own all of them so just let me know which one i should go with lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom