• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

So, what (theoretically possible) outfits would everyone like to see in P4D?

I'd like it if there was a PxD outfit for Naoto. I'd also like Gekkoukan uniforms or P3 crossover outfits. P5 uniforms would also be very cool.

Meia

I really want the fox outfits in P4D, especially Chie's yellow jumpsuit. Kanji in a his kingpin outfit doing that dance in the gif just brings a big smile to my face. :p

I'd like it if there was a PxD outfit for Naoto. I'd also like Gekkoukan uniforms or P3 crossover outfits. P5 uniforms would also be very cool.

I really want the Cheer Squad outfits from P4G so I can squint and pretend I'm playing a new Ouendan game.

LiK

guys, which version of P3 should i go with? i have all versions but i need to know which is the definitive one. Fes?

Naoto golden ending outfit more than anything.

Marie with default and golden ending would be second

guys, which version of P3 should i go with? i have all versions but i need to know which is the definitive one. Fes?
this is really hard to answer. P3P has the best gameplay. P3 and FES can be really frustrating to play. FeMC is also a better experience in my opinion. Her social links are a lot better and are actually branching. (MC dates females no matter what in their social links, so in order to max them out you have to be a pimp)

However, the missing anime cutscenes really detract from P3P. A lot of emotion is lost without them. FES also has the answer, which is of course canon. I'd say if you want to experience the FeMC, then P3P, otherwise P3FES. However be prepared for unwanted Marin Karins if you go for FES

84X

Banned
I really want to see Neofeatherman costumes, just because I think it'd be pretty entertaining.

Also the golden epilogue ones but I think that's pretty unanimous.

LX_Theo

Banned
I did not. I meant Narukami's mom. She appears in one panel in the P4 Manga.

If they have story sections at Yu's actual home, I would hope that his parents would appear in some form.

My bad.

Interesting though. I sort of doubt it, though. Maybe if they did a quick voice clip it has a chance?

LiK

Go with the female route of P3P. It's got the best Social Links, the improvements to the battle system from P4, and better music.

oh, it's better than Fes? i was thinking of playing with male protag first. is there NG+ and can i switch genders in NG+?

LiK

Yes and yes. FES is all fine and good, but coming off of P4 you'll probably appreciate P3P more.

sweet, thanks. P3P came out after FES right? I forget

Play FES and use easy difficulty

yea, I played Normal in P3 vanilla back in the day and got stuck at a boss and didn't feel like grinding so I gave up. i'll give it another shot.

-----

sorry i'm asking questions for an old game like P3 but I wanna be spoiler-free which is why I haven't looked up info about them.

P3P adds in a female protag and changes the combat to be more like P4, but all the cutscenes are done VN style instead of anime cutscenes or 3d models. P3 FES has clunkier combat (you can only assign tactics to other party members, not outright control them) but includes The Answer (an epilogue/expansion pack to the base game essentially) that focuses on dungeon crawling. I personally think FES is best for a first playthrough and P3P for subsequent playthroughs, but both are fine ways of experiencing it.

Meia

sweet, thanks. P3P came out after FES right? I forget

yea, I played Normal in P3 vanilla back in the day and got stuck at a boss and didn't feel like grinding so I gave up. i'll give it another shot.

-----

sorry i'm asking questions for an old game like P3 but I wanna be spoiler-free which is why I haven't looked up info about them.

No worries about asking questions, we field questions all the way about persona 1 too. :p

Playing Portable first I still don't advise because of the visual novel presentation. I mean, they did the best they could, but quite a few scenes lose a lot of the emotional punch by not seeing the character models. Imagine playing P4 and only having the portraits as you move a cursor around the screen: That's P3P. Story scenes? You don't see things like Yukiko laughing or characters running around, you get just big versions of the portraits and that's about it. :\

Other things were true though, the game has much better social links on the female side, but I'd recommend experiencing the actual story on the male side with FES first.

Murray97

I'm playing through FES as my first playthrough of P3 and the combat isn't too frustrating although it can be at times, I am playing on easy though.

I really want to do a playthrough of P3P after for the FeMC though.

LiK

P3P adds in a female protag and changes the combat to be more like P4, but all the cutscenes are done VN style instead of anime cutscenes or 3d models. P3 FES has clunkier combat (you can only assign tactics to other party members, not outright control them) but includes The Answer (an epilogue/expansion pack to the base game essentially) that focuses on dungeon crawling. I personally think FES is best for a first playthrough and P3P for subsequent playthroughs, but both are fine ways of experiencing it.

No worries about asking questions, we field questions all the way about persona 1 too. :p

Playing Portable first I still don't advise because of the visual novel presentation. I mean, they did the best they could, but quite a few scenes lose a lot of the emotional punch by not seeing the character models. Imagine playing P4 and only having the portraits as you move a cursor around the screen: That's P3P. Story scenes? You don't see things like Yukiko laughing or characters running around, you get just big versions of the portraits and that's about it. :\

Other things were true though, the game has much better social links on the female side, but I'd recommend experiencing the actual story on the male side with FES first.

ok cool. pretty interesting changes with the cutscenes. I guess I sorta prefer anime cutscenes so i'll try Fes first and do a follow up with P3P. there's no trophies so I don't need to 100% everything right away.

i'm gonna play Easy for the story only so I don't need direct control.

thanks for the help guys. FES first and P3P with female afterwards.

Sophia

I'm all for having the school uniforms, but they'll probably be DLC.

And of course, I want the Feathermen outfits too.

FluxWaveZ

ok cool. pretty interesting changes with the cutscenes. I guess I sorta prefer anime cutscenes so i'll try Fes first and do a follow up with P3P. there's no trophies so I don't need to 100% everything right away.

It's not just anime cutscenes. In P3P, you mostly won't get animated 3D model scenes like these:
ibmpoSLFfN97dN.gif
And instead, a scene like that will be purely replaced by a VN presentation with 2D portraits. You can imagine how the charm of P4 scenes like the beauty pageants or Yosuke getting kicked in the groin would be sucked out, if P4 was given that presentation. It's why the developers stated that they weren't pleased with the presentation concessions they had to make with P3P, and why P4G shifted development from PSP to Vita.

LiK

It's not just anime cutscenes. In P3P, you mostly won't get animated 3D model scenes like these:

And instead, a scene like that will be purely replaced by a VN presentation with 2D portraits. You can imagine how the charm of P4 scenes like the beauty pageants or Yosuke getting kicked in the groin would be sucked out, if P4 was given that presentation. It's why the developers stated that they weren't pleased with the presentation concessions they had to make with P3P, and why P4G shifted development from PSP to Vita.

ah, very interesting.

ah, very interesting.

yeah, the anime cutscenes in P3 are not really that good to say the least. It's more the 3d model cutscenes that you're missing out on instead. Cutscenes are done like this:

While movement outside of dungeons is done like this:

Where you're the blue circle and just move it around areas. It's very different from FES and why I suggest playing FES for a first playthrough.

LiK

yeah, the anime cutscenes in P3 are not really that good to say the least. It's more the 3d model cutscenes that you're missing out on instead. Cutscenes are done like this:

While movement outside of dungeons is done like this:

Where you're the blue circle and just move it around areas. It's very different from FES and why I suggest playing FES for a first playthrough.

ah, kinda jarring. okay, that definitely seals the deal. thanks again.

Lunar15

I'm dying to hear more of the P5 soundtrack, probably moreso than for any other info about the game.

I was shocked they didn't play a piece at Persona Live.

I can't wait to see what kind of crazy justification they give for shadows being defeated by dancing and shit. Legit hyped for more tho (MORE NAOTO PLZ)

also

tumblr_nk8ncldwO21sa950xo1_1280.jpg

Japan's already got the P5 sample boxes up

LiK

Not gonna lie, every time I get the "intimate" message during social link level up and they said you stayed with the girls for a while, I just think they had sex.

My character is a playa :p

LX_Theo

Banned
I can't wait to see what kind of crazy justification they give for shadows being defeated by dancing and shit. Legit hyped for more tho (MORE NAOTO PLZ)

also

Japan's already got the P5 sample boxes up
I sort of want them to just have the final cover have the logo in the corner like that

Makio

l
her and christina vee make me happy

Make her voice Anzu or other important character in Persona 5 and Atlus USA wins my soul in that moment

That Dan Trailer , after the last trailer showed in the stream i have any doubt about to buy these game , but this upcoming trailers can be help to be my favorite spinoff ever

Im already more excited for DAN than i was when Q was in the "publicity stage"

Moonlight

Banned

Velcet dresses/uniforms is what I'd like to see. Besides obbious ones like Gekkoukan uniforms and epilogue designs. Oh, and Rise's Marukyu Tofu work-clothes. Always liked how the the bandana-thing looked on her.

They should give Nanako the Dojima outfit.
They should straight up add Dojima.

Nap1400

Not gonna lie, every time I get the "intimate" message during social link level up and they said you stayed with the girls for a while, I just think they had sex.

My character is a playa :p
That's more or less implied to be exactly what happens. They just don't say it outright.

Meia

maxing out all the girls in one playthrough makes it even more devious.

And you get your comeuppance on Valentine's for doing so. :p

Again was always one of the things that bugged me: No girl talk happens at all when it comes to this subject, especially between Yukiko and Chie? Really?

LiK

And you get your comeuppance on Valentine's for doing so. :p

Again was always one of the things that bugged me: No girl talk happens at all when it comes to this subject, especially between Yukiko and Chie? Really?

oh man

PK Gaming

Do either of you guys happen to remember about where in the manga she shows up? I'm curious to see what she looks like, but I'd prefer to not have to read through the whole manga for one panel.

No clue; I saw an image on tumblr one day, but I can't find it again.

The english translation for the manga hasn't gone far, which is unfortunate since it's quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom