• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verder

I wonder if we are gonna get another persona 4 arena after Ulitmax? If they don't want sho to be in persona 5 they could just keep him in Arena?

Unless they are done with the fighting games

Busaiku

They're rebalancing the arcade game, completely changing Shadow character mechanics.
Dunno if that's already out or not.

I don't think that'll come to consoles as a patch.
Probably a new game next year.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think that'll come to consoles as a patch.
Probably a new game next year.

Eh...

Version 2.00 (set for Arcade release in January) will definitely come to consoles as a patch.
There will definitely not be a new Arena game in 2015.

There will be a new Arena game eventually.

FluxWaveZ

or maybe a PS4/One version of Ultimax :D

Nope, I'll say it right now: no chance. Vita is possible, but kind of unlikely. No way would P4AU be on the Xbox One when it wasn't on the 360 in Japan; the NA PS3/360 situation was already pretty unusual. As for a PS4 version of it? It'd require a substantial, EX/Ultra-like update to justify it, and I really don't think that's happening with P4AU.

Game sold really well and was critically well received, just like its predecessor. Maybe the P4AU art book even hints at a sequel like the P4A art book did. The series will come back, just not soon.

Edit: Also, since I'm stating what will definitely be happening in the future: there will definitely be a new P Studio game announcement in 2015.

Blablurn

I finished Persona 4 The Golden yesterday.

Had the bad ending. In before "You havent seen the real one bla"

I saw it on YouTube. Alright!

I hate Teddy so much. As a bear he was alright in the beginning. But I hated his all attitude later on.

Rise was my favourite waifu.

Marie was fun. Should have done more with her.

They story was interesting.

The city itself got a lil boring later on. Looking forward to be in a big one in P5.

Very good game tho. I think that was the first JRPG since FF X I actually finished.

Xenoflare

I hate Teddy so much. As a bear he was alright in the beginning. But I hated his all attitude later on.

The city itself got a lil boring later on. Looking forward to be in a big one in P5.

Very good game tho. I think that was the first JRPG since FF X I actually finished.

Watch some videos of Teddie in Japanese. It will make you love what you have in the English release.

Walshy

Should of kept multiple saves Bla, you missed about 20+ hours of extra gameplay and about three dungeons.

Go on Persona 3:FES next if you like P4, the dungeons are a little more repetitive but I honestly prefer the darker story in 3.

DNAbro

Wait bad ending? That is missing 3+ dungeons and a couple months of in game.

LX_Theo

Banned

Its hard to consider the bad ending a completion of the game when it cuts you off from the last three dungeons, many story revelations, and many hours of gameplay.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Looks like Creative Uncut got some Persona Q art up. Most of it has been seen already, but it is nice to see the early Rei and Zen designs in high resolution.

XKIc9Fg.jpg

I like the Rei on the right in this one.

Messiah

Should of kept multiple saves Bla, you missed about 20+ hours of extra gameplay and about three dungeons.

Go on Persona 3:FES next if you like P4, the dungeons are a little more repetitive but I honestly prefer the darker story in 3.

Yeah, I played P3: FES right after P4G and ended up liking it even more than P4. Definitely give it a shot.

I got the bad ending on my first playthrough of P4 and was so disappointed. I thought the developers ran out of time and had to rush the ending or something.

Thankfully I kept a save handy and was able to go back and experience the true ending after checking if I missed something on the internet.
I was shocked how much content could be missed considering it's pretty easy to miss the true ending without knowing about it beforehand.

Sophia

Yeah, I played P3: FES right after P4G and ended up liking it even more than P4. Definitely give it a shot.

I got the bad ending on my first playthrough of P4 and was so disappointed. I thought the developers ran out of time and had to rush the ending or something.

Thankfully I kept a save handy and was able to go back and experience the true ending after checking if I missed something on the internet.
I was shocked how much content could be missed considering it's pretty easy to miss the true ending without knowing about it beforehand.

Persona 4 Golden warns you about it, at least. Even offers to let you save when it does so you don't have to repeat as many cutscenes. Doesn't quite tell you just how many endings (eight) there are tho.

Caladrius

XKIc9Fg.jpg

I like the Rei on the right in this one.

Indeed. That one's pretty good.

Both Zen's look better than the final one does. Should have used one of those as the base and mixed it with the final's skin and hair color. (I'm assuming part of why they were scrapped was because they look too similar to Yu.

EMT0

Banned
So I was thinking of changing my avatar to a pic of Shadow Teddie; would it be spoilery of me to do that? I don't think it would, but if people think I'd dun fuck up doing that I'd rather not.

CorvoSol

Another Century's episode is kinda like SRW in 3d action instead of 2d strategy; but ive only played a bit of R, which wasnt that great.

Gravidee

I really like the artstyle in Persona Q. I'm guessing that Udon will be doing a translation and local release of the artbook at some point?

Sophia

OOH! OOH! PICK ME!

I KNEW!

On a vaguely relevant note, I have no idea what Another Century is. I've just seen Soejima's art for it. He did some illustrations besides those designs, too. Also it's P3 FES era, not Stella Deus. 2006 as I recall?

I knew he worked on Another Century's Episode 3. He didn't work on any other installments of it however.

Another Century's Episode is basically a giant action game crossover between anime mecha shows. Things like Gundam, Eureka Seven, Getter Robo, etc. Most of the characters in the game are taken from their respective shows, but there are a few original characters.

Of the three original characters above that Soejima did, the red-head in blue is Barrel Orland. He's the hero of the game. The girl in blue is Fei Roshande, the heroine of the game. The red head in grey is Belkt, who is the rival/antagonist character.

Perhaps most interesting? Barrel and Belkt are both voiced by Daisuke Namikawa. The same VA behind Yu Narukami.

Another Century's episode is kinda like SRW in 3d action instead of 2d strategy; but ive only played a bit of R, which wasnt that great.

I've heard R is rather sub-par, which is why I didn't import it. ACE3 is all sorts of awesome tho.

PK Gaming

Wait Dekunda cancels out corrosion spells in Q? That would have been helpful to know.

Yes

Similarly, Dekaja cancels Mind Charge, Power Charge, Bestial Roar... any sort of buff, really. This is because all buff and debuffs fall under the same type. (unlike in Persona 3/4 where stat buffs, power charge/mind charge and elemental resistances were separate types)

I hope P5 uses a similar system. I'm very glad that Dekunda is mildly useful this time around.

Xenoflare

Yes

Similarly, Dekaja cancels Mind Charge, Power Charge, Bestial Roar... any sort of buff, really. This is because all buff and debuffs fall under the same type. (unlike in Persona 3/4 where stat buffs, power charge/mind charge and elemental resistances were separate types)

I hope P5 uses a similar system. I'm very glad that Dekunda is mildly useful this time around.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhat

Wait, if an enemy uses Dekaja would it cancel out Fuuka's end turn heals too?

Yes

Well, what the fuck. This is the first time previous SMT experience has actually worked against me.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yes

Damn. Well, better late than never to know that stuff.

Yes

Well how about that? A benefit to me being only 90 minutes in! :)

Sophia

Whhhhhhhhhhhhat

Wait, if an enemy uses Dekaja would it cancel out Fuuka's end turn heals too?

Fuuka's passive healing is counted as a buff, and dead party members lose it. They also don't regain it upon revival even if it's still active on other party members.

So yes. :p

Scrawnton

I am playing P3 FES for the first time ever. I played and beat Persona Golden on Vita almost two years ago but I never jumped into P3 ever. Playing it on ps3 right now. Any tips for me as I jump in?

I am playing P3 FES for the first time ever. I played and beat Persona Golden on Vita almost two years ago but I never jumped into P3 ever. Playing it on ps3 right now. Any tips for me as I jump in?

The conclusion of the Hermit link is amusing.

If you want to break the endgame, (not a story spoiler)
max out the Devil and Star links.

DNAbro

Mitsuru will get you killed at one point in time.

- a general guide to tartarus: focus on getting to the highest floor available, then use the extra time afterwards to level up, get items, etc. generally if you get to the top floor you should definitely be prepared for the "story" bosses.

- multiple saves in case one of the aforementioned story bosses screws you over.

- this game is definitely harder than P4. some of the tartarus bosses are huge assholes. also the "one more" system (I think that's the name of the persona combat system) is much more strict than in P4.

- essential S. Links are Sun and Hermit, I'm partial to Lovers as well but I suppose that depends on your opinion of Yukari.

- Junpei is da man

Meia

- this game is definitely harder than P4. some of the tartarus bosses are huge assholes. also the "one more" system (I think that's the name of the persona combat system) is much more strict than in P4.

It is. The system makes it so if you do something, it needs to hit a weakness to proc the "one more". If you're using maragi for example, every single enemy it touches has to be hit by it for a weakness. If it hits 3 of 4 mobs because it missed 1, no one more. If it hits all 4 but it only has 1 enemy weak to it, no one more.

Of course, this also works for enemies too so they can't spam aoe spells if only one teammate is weak to it. There's also the idea of the system being largely exploitable. P3 FES doesn't have the "dizzy" status effect, just knocking an enemy down by hitting it's weakness will cause it to lose it's turn. You can keep a lot of the harder mini boss fights stun locked in this fashion.

I'll also give you this handy idea on Tactics, since you cannot ever directly control your team mates in P3 FES. Keep in mind some of these Tactics may not be available until further in the game:

Act Freely - Will hit an enemy's weakness if it's known, then repeat it to further damage the same enemy. Will heal any character(if able) below a 33% threshold.

Heal/Support - Will hit an enemy's weakness if it's known, then repeat it to further damage the same enemy. Will heal any character(if able) below a 66% threshold. If the ally knows any buff or debuff spells, will use them if they're not currently active on anyone.

Full Assault - Will hit an enemy's weakness if it's known, then repeat it to further damage the same enemy. Will never do any kind of support in this role at all, regardless of what's happening around them.

Knock Down - Will hit an enemy's weakness if it's known. Once it's knocked down, will move to the next enemy in the fight. If they don't have an elemental weakness(or a known physical weakness to what they can do), they will just physically attack hoping to land a critical strike. If no enemy is available to attack(everything knocked down/enemy is immune to what they can do) will automatically pass their turn. NEVER attacks a downed enemy, NEVER does any kind of support in this role at all, regardless of what's happening around them.

There are others, but those are the biggies. A lot of people see themselves getting "game over"s at first when jumping into this because a teammate that has a heal spell didn't heal the MC and they don't know why. Managing tactics is the key to using the game's battle system.

Scrawnton

Thanks for the advice, and hopefully not spoiler....

I like the music much better in P3 so far than I did in P4. I will get used to this game eventually. I am not sure how I feel about the sickness element, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom