• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Soejima's art changes pretty much all the time which is why P2, P3, P4 and Arena sometimes look radically different as far as their artwork is concerned. It got a lot more refined and unique over the last few years and considering that Soejima is apparently drawing since he was a child that's only to be expected. However, as far as this picture is concerned, it's pretty much in line with his more rough Arena art.

If you want to see for yourself how much his art changed so far, I suggest you take a look at his work from Soul Hackers:

Source with even more SH-era Soejima art

I'm sure you can point out the differences by yourself. I like how his older art looks sometimes a lot like the art of AKIRA author Katsuhiro Otomo. By the way, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto of Evangelion fame had a similiar artstyle in the 1990s.

Is there any chance that Soejima will be back for E3 next year? I'd like to hear more about his art and what influenced his art style.

I love how fleshed out the SH characters are. More games need NPC portraits.

You guys are forgetting about this game...

Now this game would actually anger some people due to the content in the game.

I wish more people would remember those games ;_;

znAswfS.png

Sophia

So I decided to return to the world of P4 Golden to finally get my platinum (halfway through my second play through, getting all the max S. Links) and i get to the end but i can't seem to be able to start the battle with Margaret.

So some things i've googled are that i need to have beaten all the extra bosses by the end of January (done), i need to have seen the True Ending on my last play through (done), and then that i need to go back into Velvet Room after i've received the Orb of Sight (truth?) and then i should receive the Aqua Invitation... and this is where it gets tough because i can't seem to do this. I have no idea why.

If anyone knows how i can fix this or knows of something i missed please let me know... Defeating Margaret is the final trophy i need to get the Platinum

Did you speak to the
Moel Gas Station Attendant
? You have to talk to Margaret before you do that.

Messiah

My destined partner is Ken.
What.

Actually I think about dating Ken in P3P just to see how weird it is.

Did anyone get Koromaru as their destined partner? How does that turn out?

I can't even fathom dating Ken in P3P. It's the one part of that side of the game I can't do. I date every other option, including Aigis, but no way on the Ken option. I shut him down the minute he even tries to steer things in that way.

Maybe when FeMC is freed from her position as the seal on the door of taco bell's cannon then she will date Bishoken.

Now I will feel you judging me when the decision arrives. Can't deal with that. I'll go with Shinji then.

CorvoSol

Actually I think about dating Ken in P3P just to see how weird it is.

Did anyone get Koromaru as their destined partner? How does that turn out?

I can't even fathom dating Ken in P3P. It's the one part of that side of the game I can't do. I date every other option, including Aigis, but no way on the Ken option. I shut him down the minute he even tries to steer things in that way.

Maybe when FeMC is freed from her position as the seal on the door of taco bell's cannon then she will date Bishoken.

FluxWaveZ

How long would it be until we get it over here?

P4 art book (Japan) = October 8, 2008
P4 art book (NA) = September 11, 2012

P4A art book (Japan) = September 26, 2012
P4A art book (NA) = December 10, 2013 (approximately, because of delays and weird stuff)

We'd probably need to wait one year minimum for it.

Soulflarz

Banned

P4A art book (NA) = December 10, 2013 (approximately, because of delays and weird stuff)

B-but I want it now...

If I remember correctly, my destined partner in PQ was Naoto
even though I was shooting for Chie.
I'm not going to start a new save file just to change my destined partner, no matter how disappointed I am in it.

Other than that, PQ's fantastic, although I've set it down until Finals are over. Almost finished with the P4 story, I'll prolly hit the P3 story next year.

Swedesu

If I remember correctly, my destined partner in PQ was Naoto
even though I was shooting for Chie.
I'm not going to start a new save file just to change my destined partner, no matter how disappointed I am in it.

Other than that, PQ's fantastic, although I've set it down until Finals are over. Almost finished with the P4 story, I'll prolly hit the P3 story next year.

You do know that you can redo the destined partner thing in the same playthrough right?

Just go to the first quiz room again.

Meia

So I decided to return to the world of P4 Golden to finally get my platinum (halfway through my second play through, getting all the max S. Links) and i get to the end but i can't seem to be able to start the battle with Margaret.

So some things i've googled are that i need to have beaten all the extra bosses by the end of January (done), i need to have seen the True Ending on my last play through (done), and then that i need to go back into Velvet Room after i've received the Orb of Sight (truth?) and then i should receive the Aqua Invitation... and this is where it gets tough because i can't seem to do this. I have no idea why.

If anyone knows how i can fix this or knows of something i missed please let me know... Defeating Margaret is the final trophy i need to get the Platinum

Pretty sure you also need to max her social link. Can't think of anything else really.

arue

I just saw some concept artwork of a certain character in the P4AU artbook.

...I'm definitely getting both P4AU and Persona Q artbooks when they're out in the US.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

I suppose the translation process can take a while.

Oh god, I saw it, too. That's certainly... interesting?

Link? PM please.

FluxWaveZ

My Ken subs could have been the real deal concerning Ken's personality, with one of those concepts.

Man, reading the reasoning behind all of the old concepts would be fantastic. Sucks to wait.

Marche90

I just saw some concept artwork of a certain character in the P4AU artbook.

...I'm definitely getting both P4AU and Persona Q artbooks when they're out in the US.

I just saw those concepts.

The first picture at least retain some decency, but the second one is full blown 'wat'.

FluxWaveZ

It's clear that Soejima just wanted to go all-out crazy with these character designs—at least with the Ken/Koromaru duo—until he inevitably acquiesced to another's plea, unlike with Akihiko and Mitsuru.

So what I'm seeing are:

Ken concept 1: A more standoffish looking Ken with an open uniform ala Yu Narukami, with slick(er) hair combed back and a sort of pendant. He also has an open trench coat. His student council status is maintained, considering his red armband.
Ken concept 2: A Nazi-ish looking Ken, with a worryingly amused smile. Has the black leather cap, black leather gloves, jacket, boots... Holding a single whip stretched across both hands.

Koromaru concept 1: A much rougher looking Koromaru, with multiple scars and a rugged expression. Has a red scarf. Next to him is his mate...? A couple of puppies next to her who look like Koro, both with red scarves as well.
Koromaru concept 2: Seems to go along with Ken concept 2. Wearing a black leather dog uniform. Has an eye patch (seriously...?). Um, might have an Aigis style huge gatling gun attached to the right side of a red band around his waist, with a canon attached to its left side... Is this a photoshop?

Sho concept 1: Wearing a slightly open, fur camo jacket, revealing his dog tag necklace above his black undershirt. Has multiple piercings. Was obviously always intended to be of the "rebellious" sort.

arue

It's clear that Soejima just wanted to go all-out crazy with these character designs—at least with the Ken/Koromaru duo—until he inevitably acquiesced to another's plea, unlike with Akihiko and Mitsuru.

Koromaru with a gatling gun is just crazy. He looks like Solid Snake with those eyebrows and eyepatch haha.

Beta Sho looks weird with his fashion sense and I'm glad we got a normal Ken as a final design.

Both of those Koro concepts make me feel profoundly ripped off.
Sho's concept doesn't look too bad. It's fitting for a vagrant.

Though it makes me wonder, maybe the biker!Ken was a concept for his shadow?

Edit:
Eyepatch Koromaru IS Diamond Dog!

Caladrius

Okay. (deep breath)

Beta Sho wore capris

Beta Sho. Wore. Capris.

1eg0Sol.jpg

I think I actually would like the old Sho better if not for the oversized army jacket. If they got rid of that, I think it would do well to show that he was ultimately a regular kid with an unresolved past as opposed to how he comes across as a larger-than-life Ronin reject in the final version.

Dantis

Sho's concept is way better.

Ken's and Koromaru's make me think that Soejima likes to indulge in illegal substances before work sometimes.

It always seemed weird to me how normal Ken and Koro were compared to the other P3 members; so those are their original designs, huh. Awww, Koro was supposed to had babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom