• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, and hopefully not spoiler....

I like the music much better in P3 so far than I did in P4. I will get used to this game eventually. I am not sure how I feel about the sickness element, though.

Your team will take longer to get fatigued as your level goes up. Eventually it takes so long that it becomes almost irrelevant.

Meia

That is good to hear. Is there a trick to avoiding fatigue? Like not letting anyone become unconscious?

Nah, it's purely an "amount of battles finished" thing. I'd say get good at dodging shadows as you ascend the tower, and always aim for hitting the "save points" before worrying about grinding, as someone else said. Those floors always have a mini boss, but also have a way of going back to the lobby(which restores your HP/SP) and allows you to save, and then go right back up to that floor again. If you can't take on the mini-boss, grind some. It's a very delicate balance at first of avoiding and fighting just what you need to get you to progress. I mean, you can go into Tartarus as much as you want, but you lose all social link progress that day by doing it.

A little tip may also be to always use the bathroom once a day, as doing so occasionally bumps your status up one level(good to great, tired to good, sick to tired). Being tired/sick also gives you the opportunity to get free courage skill ups by seeing the nurse each day.

That is good to hear. Is there a trick to avoiding fatigue? Like not letting anyone become unconscious?

Not really, just make sure your team gets rest time in between dungeon trips. They take a day or more to recover. You can ask your navigator in the lobby what everyone's condition is.

I am playing P3 FES for the first time ever. I played and beat Persona Golden on Vita almost two years ago but I never jumped into P3 ever. Playing it on ps3 right now. Any tips for me as I jump in?

Because of all the things you're able to do, if you don't budget your grinding vs stat-building and s-linking, the earlygame can be very difficult when you get underleveled. Likewise endgame might have little to do since you did all the stat-building too early in the game.

Because you can't directly control allies, it may become somewhat inconvenient because in certain fights they won't do exactly what you want. For example, on Act Freely, they will not heal you until you're rather low on health, so you'll have to manually set them to heal/support if you want to be safe. But on the off chance that there's nobody that requires urgent healing, they might heal someone who has enough health but is slightly damaged, etc. instead of something that you might think would be a better use of a turn. Really only a problem with specific cases.

When downed, the enemies lose their chance to act, and actually get back UP if hit again. This means if you hit an enemy's weakness they'll get downed, and when it's their turn they waste it getting up if they're still downed by that point. This allows you to take down enemies without letting them take any turns since they spend every turn getting up. Unfortunately, the same can apply to you, I personally took unlucky crits a couple times and as a result I lost a couple turns unable to do anything. This may be annoying in random battles since if the enemy moves first you can get crit/hit with a weakness and lose your turn without setting any tactics for your allies.

Compared to Golden, the gold shadows are alot less useful (no exp), so it's not really much worth farming for. They can give special weapons where you fuse a persona into it and it gets special properties (if they do drop the item, you won't get any money), and they might give you items that sell for a lot, but that's all. If you need to, you can go to floors where the shadows run away from you since you're higher level than them, then set the orders to split-up, and use your allies to grab chests for items, money, and equipment. Then can rinse and repeat.

For the dungeon, shadows cannot chase you / detect you if you're on stairs or higher elevation, so you can use that to your advantage for first strike. Also, you can pause then unpause, and immediately after the shadow will turn (unless you're already detected), so you can do this trick to get shadows to turn around until you have them facing the way you want for player advantage.

I think dark/light skills do not get more accurate if they enemy has a weakness to it, all you get is another turn if you hit it. Could be wrong though, but that's from personal experience.

Think that's all I can think of, probably a lot more tips though.

kaskade

So I've been itching to play a jrpg recently (haven't in years) so I bought persona 4 golden. I'm really excited to try it out not having played any Persona games yet. Figured it would be good to with Persona 5 coming out next year too.

DNAbro

So I've been itching to play a jrpg recently (haven't in years) so I bought persona 4 golden. I'm really excited to try it out not having played any Persona games yet. Figured it would be good to with Persona 5 coming out next year too.

Get ready for a long and wild ride.

LX_Theo

Banned

Congrats.

Uh... guys? Is the P4 racing fangame news, or did I miss something?

EDIT: I tried the mac version. It's not a troll.

Sadly no Mara or Hell Biker, though.

I've just at long last finished P4G with my own hands.
Just as great as I expected, just two minor notes:

1. Marie isn't nearly as forced as people claim.
2. Hermit 10 can get summoned right to Yomi.

Persona has some dedicated fans to say the least, pretty cool.

Ain't they just?

Verder

I've just at long last finished P4G with my own hands.
Just as great as I expected, just two minor notes:

1. Marie isn't nearly as forced as people claim.
2. Hermit 10 can get summoned right to Yomi.

Ain't they just?

I think they are referring to persona 4 the golden animation. That's when they really force her down everyone's throat.

Style

Banned
No virus in the PC version either. I've played the game for half an hour already.

iG0Url0m1Qsyc.png

Dang, I get rekt in that racing game almost every time, though admittedly it's been a long time since I've ever played a racing game. Still kinda fun though. :)

Scrawnton

I am happy I am playing a Persona game that doesn't have trophies. (I need to break myself of the habit of wanting those things in the first place). I Loved P4G, but the trophies in the game just made me want to do EVERYTHING and not waste my time and I feel like it took away form me just experiencing the game. I am enjoying P3 much more because I can just enjoy the game for what it is instead of fixating on trophies. If I think its good enough, I will play it again to see it all.

Does ANYone know if the cutscenes in pq can be rewatched in some sort of gallery like p4g and eou???

Please I've asked this twice and no one cared

Sophia

Does ANYone know if the cutscenes in pq can be rewatched in some sort of gallery like p4g and eou???

Please I've asked this twice and no one cared

Not to be rude, but generally if you've asked this twice already and nobody has responded, it means we either don't know, or are too busy having another discussion to reply. :p

Remember that this is a community thread. There's more to it than just your questions.

At any rate, what Dantis said. You can't re-watch the cutscenes. That would be a pretty cool reward if you like... beat the game twice on both protagonist sides tho.

Scrawnton

How does persons 3 and 4 compare to the original PSOne games? I was curious to keep going further back after finishing P3. Are they worthwhile?

Dantis

How does persons 3 and 4 compare to the original PSOne games? I was curious to keep going further back after finishing P3. Are they worthwhile?

Depends how much you care about Persona. The PSP remakes of 1 and 2 are worth a look if you're really, really into the series. They play completely differently though, and were developed by a largely different development team.

Meia

Only thing really similar is the concept of "Personas" and the spell names. Very different games. Not bad at all, just different. They're classic JRPGs in every sense, the idea of a calendar year with social links and the like were just something created for Persona 3 and on: Story setup, dungeon, story setup, dungeon, repeat. Characters are great, and there's different banter with everyone after every story setup/dungeon if you talk to them(only doable in shops as they'll be spread around a shop to talk to), so that's really the only thing Persona really kept moving forward.

CorvoSol

I think they are referring to persona 4 the golden animation. That's when they really force her down everyone's throat.

In P4G Marie is just not well implemented. In P4GtA she's an unholy demon hellbent on consuming all that was good in P4.

Sophia

Yeah, it was the Golden anime that caused all the issues. She's shoehorned into every scene no matter how illogical it is, an instant expert at everything she does, and even appears in scene where she was previously not there....

Marie Sue at it's finest.

She's actually pretty enjoyable in Persona Q tho.

PK Gaming

I honestly thought she was well-implemented.
Not to mention giving Izanami some well-needed foreshadowing.

Gotta agree with Corvo, she's pretty poorly implemented. Locking most of the new content behind her social link pretty much forced the player to interact with her. That by itself would be tolerable, if Marie was a likeable character. But she wasn't; her characterization sucked, her forced poems were shit, her social link scenes were weak, and worst of all, her interactions with the main characters was terrible.

Frankly, after playing through PQ and seeing how genuinely likeable and enjoyable she was there, my dislike of her P4G self grew even more.

EDIT: No amount of
retconning will salvage Izanami. She's still a Final Fantasy esque villain that appears in the eleventh hour. Marie's single line of foreshadowing doesn't make it any better.

Gotta agree with Corvo, she's pretty poorly implemented. Locking most of the new content behind her social link pretty much forced the player to interact with her. That by itself would be tolerable, if Marie was a likeable character. But she wasn't; her characterization sucked, her forced poems were shit, her social link scenes were weak, and worst of all, her interactions with the main characters was terrible.

Frankly, after playing through PQ and seeing how genuinely likeable and enjoyable she was there, my dislike of her P4G self grew more.

One thing I will give you that felt kind of heavy handed were
the flashbacks of her S-link throughout January and February.

Marie's poems became great in the context of her dungeon imo.

If nothing else, at least they built up to something.

Tamanon

Banned
I think my eyes are playing tricks on me.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/543336285335613441/photo/1

Picture posted by the PR twitter account back on 12/12

If you look at the site today http://p-ch.jp/live/ it looks like that second button on the right is slowly filling up. At least, it looks more full than it was on 12/12. I would've thought it'd be lightening up, since the first button does the rotation in that direction. I don't know if that means anything or I'm just going crazy.

I've spent too much time studying, it's getting to me.

I think my eyes are playing tricks on me.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/543336285335613441/photo/1

Picture posted by the PR twitter account back on 12/12

If you look at the site today http://p-ch.jp/live/ it looks like that second button on the right is slowly filling up. At least, it looks more full than it was on 12/12. I would've thought it'd be lightening up, since the first button does the rotation in that direction. I don't know if that means anything or I'm just going crazy.

I've spent too much time studying, it's getting to me.

I don't see anything different. That second button will probably be unlocked once the timer hits zero. You're talking about the black circle around the button, right? They both look exactly the same to me.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't see anything different. That second button will probably be unlocked once the timer hits zero. You're talking about the black circle around the button, right? They both look exactly the same to me.

Yeah, figured it was just me staring at a screen too long.

And yeah, the button will definitely be unlocked before the concert.

Messiah

Minor PQ 3rd dungeon spoiler:
The puppet F.O.E.'s are so creepy. The F.O.E's and bosses I've encountered this far are really great designs in general in my opinion. My favourites are probably the baby F.O.E's and the 2nd dungeon boss.

Also whoever said dekunda removes corrosion, you are a lifesaver.

Welcome CrimsonFist.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, that's a really subtle change. It was probably made when the site was updated with the background image of the concert's key art, since the contours of the icon would no longer seamlessly fade into the previously, solid red background color.

I'd like to get some sort of Persona game update before the end of the year, but that's looking unlikely. Ah well.

I could see Dancing All Night showing up in Famitsu at any point, although Atlus does seem to be focusing on Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Break Record at the moment, so they might hold off until one of those is out.

Something minor regarding Super Live, I might be completely off on this, but a ticket sale site: http://ticket.pia.jp/pia/event.do?eventCd=1455073&afid=700&__from=twitter states that the age requirement for the show is 6 and up. Would that prevent them from showing off a trailer for 5 there? Since it will probably be rated higher than that.

PK Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom