• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So I went back and checked on translated let's play of Persona Q to cheat remember an answer to a question, but it was entirely different in the english version!

Sidequest spoilers:

In the english version, Ken asks Kanji what the last characteristic of life is. In the japanese version, he asks what the last possible reading of the chinese character “生” was.

There's another instance when Kanji needs to know which (out of 4) word is native japanese word. The english version has Kanji asking you which (out of 4) is a native english word

Really creative change. Nice going translation team!

Jurou_Tenshi

Neo Member
Hey there everybody, this here is gonna be my first post on GAF! I've been lurking since September this year. I just thought it would be nice to throw in my 2 cents every once in a while.

While I don't have PQ yet, I plan on getting it for Xmas and I do have basically all the new Persona games (e.g. P3, P4, spinoffs).

Also:
Team Rise, but all the girls are good

FluxWaveZ

It always seemed weird to me how normal Ken and Koro were compared to the other P3 members; so those are their original designs, huh. Awww, Koro was supposed to had babies!

I really, really want to read the P4AU art book interview. Visions of the P4A art book:
Takumi Iguchiya (ASW): said:
Depicting the fluffy texture of the coat's fur was also pretty difficult. It got to the point where we were repeatedly sending "just checking" notes to the Persona team, asking questions like, "Are you sure Mitsuru doesn't take her coat off before she starts fighting?" (laughs)
Takumi Iguchiya (ASW): said:
The first one we saw was Mitsuru. We were taken aback when we first saw the Mitsuru designs sent to us by the Persona team, but we were left totally speechless when we saw the designs for Akihiko. (laughs)
I'm just imagining Soejima stubbornly going "No, this is how Ken looks now" to everyone going "come on, dude...", like he did with Ayane Matsunaga, only to finally go "FINE" and just design it straight. "Can I at least put the hoodie on the dog?"

Gazoinks

Hey there everybody, this here is gonna be my first post on GAF! I've been lurking since September this year. I just thought it would be nice to throw in my 2 cents every once in a while.

While I don't have PQ yet, I plan on getting it for Xmas and I do have basically all the new Persona games (e.g. P3, P4, spinoffs).
Welcome!
Also:
You're alright, kid.

Probably the same person who wrote his Social Link in P3P.

Caladrius, please, I'm trying to forget that exists.

Style

Banned
Sho's concept is way better.

Ken's and Koromaru's make me think that Soejima likes to indulge in illegal substances before work sometimes.

imqcTUKz2G2CH.png

Gazoinks

I think I actually would like the old Sho better if not for the oversized army jacket. If they got rid of that, I think it would do well to show that he was ultimately a regular kid with an unresolved past as opposed to how he comes across as a larger-than-life Ronin reject in the final version.

I actually like the jacket for this reason. He looks like a kid trying to look tough by wearing his dad's clothes or something.

Style

Banned
The prototype Ken with the long coat is actually pretty cool. I would have preferred that over the final design.

EDIT: Is that Shinjiro's pocket watch that Ken is wearing?

Also:

Welcome to the thread! :)
And thanks for not putting anyone's girl down.

EDIT:
Yeah it is.

Where the hell was all this personality in the final game???

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: Is that Shinjiro's pocket watch that Ken is wearing?

Oh, so that's what it is. Yeah, the first concept design for Ken would have been alright with me, though his personality would have had to change accordingly. In no context would the second design be okay if it was meant for a normal Ken's outfit. Also, I much prefer Koromaru's final design to the two concept ones.

kewlmyc

Oh, so that's what it is. Yeah, the first concept design for Ken would have been alright with me, though his personality would have had to change accordingly. In no context would the second design be okay if it was meant for a normal Ken's outfit. Also, I much prefer Koromaru's final design to the two concept ones.

I suppose the 2nd design would of been if shadows had their own design, or part of his shadows opening/ending animation, like Shadow Kanji.

FluxWaveZ

I suppose the 2nd design would of been if shadows had their own design, or part of his shadows opening/ending animation, like Shadow Kanji.

Yeah, if it weren't meant for a normal Ken design, it might fit whatever situation it was meant for properly. We'll have to wait to see if there are other designs that might look like Shadow ones to be sure.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if there are crazier designs than what we got for Yukari in there. Like it was mentioned before, I hope that "air guitar" Junpei's in it.

CorvoSol

It always seemed weird to me how normal Ken and Koro were compared to the other P3 members; so those are their original designs, huh. Awww, Koro was supposed to had babies!

Unless your name is Eikichi Mishima you don't get to dress like a nutjob until you've graduated from high school.

I saw it in Persona 2.

Messiah

Has the coolest bad guy Persona group yet:

Though I guess the only competition would be Strega in P3 and the Shadow Brigade in P4AU...
I thought the main characters were really interesting as well. Sadly the gameplay didn't click with me.

I stopped playing in the air raid shelter. Probably will restart the whole game anyway when I pick it back up just to get back into the story.
This time I will play on hard though. The game was ridiculously easy as far as I played it.

CorvoSol

I thought the main characters were really interesting as well. Sadly the gameplay didn't click with me.

I stopped playing in the air raid shelter. Probably will restart the whole game anyway when I pick it back up just to get back into the story.
This time I will play on hard though. The game was ridiculously easy as far as I played it.

The Air Raid shelter is a bit of a hurdle to get through. I remember being frustrated and stuck in that one for awhile.

FluxWaveZ

Biggest Shadow version box art pic I've found, for any interested:

UzjBuSG.png
BREBpq1.png
Wx7U0ts.png

Also, people were right when that art first came about. [Redacted] isn't pleased with their situation, heh. Marie's the only one whose expression hasn't changed.

UzjBuSG.png

Also, people were right when that art first came about. [Redacted] isn't pleased with their situation. Marie's the only one whose expression hasn't changed.

Jesus fuck! Chie, Margaret, Rise, Yukari, Junpei, and even S.Lab look terrible!

That is NOT a good image of the cast by ANY standard!

Messiah

Also, people were right when that art first came about. [Redacted] isn't pleased with their situation, heh. Marie's the only one whose expression hasn't changed.

Nice find! Shadow Rise creeps me out.

Jesus fuck! Chie, Margaret, Rise, Yukari, Junpei, and even S.Lab look terrible!

That is NOT a good image of the cast by ANY standard!
I don't know what you mean.

FluxWaveZ

Marie's eyecolor doesn't even change.

Proof positive she's evil all the time.

I actually just noticed that Marie's expression does change a bit:

MMP3SCU.png

Her brow furrows and her mouth is in a different shape. She's pissed, heh.

That art as a reversible box art would have been amazing and oh so appropriate. Ah well, at least we got a higher resolution version of it, finally.

Gazoinks

MMP3SCU.png

That art as a reversible box art would have been amazing and oh so appropriate. Ah well, at least we got a higher resolution version of it, finally.

Marie's just kind of like "Ugh why are all these Shadows here? They're totally ruining my poems! My pathos is screaming!"

On the topic of obtaining two tickets to Persona Super Live, I just want a bit of clarification on something. I've been doing some reading from the official websites, and I think I would be able to purchase tickets at this website once they go on sale on 12/20 at 10 AM Japan time: http://ticket.pia.jp/pia/ticketInformation.do?eventCd=1455073&rlsCd=001

Is this correct? If not, is there another website that would allow tickets to be purchased? The website I was given last time (http://l-tike.com/persona-nop/) seems to just list information about the ticket lottery currently going on - unless it will update on the 20th? I will appreciate any and all help in obtaining these tickets.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like I need to register on the first website, and that's not working out too well for me. So I'm off to do some more reading...

MMP3SCU.png

He face looks like it could stab people to death

Acid08

Banned

Yeah, playing that game was really boring. Characters are cool but man, when you're having zero fun actually playing a game it can be really hard to get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom