• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

image.php

Jokes aside, welcome to PersonaGAF. I hope you stick around, since you seem like a cool person.

Thanks, I've been lurking for quite a while, but haven't felt like jumping in until now.

FluxWaveZ

I could see Dancing All Night showing up in Famitsu at any point, although Atlus does seem to be focusing on Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Break Record at the moment, so they might hold off until one of those is out.

Something minor regarding Super Live, I might be completely off on this, but a ticket sale site: http://ticket.pia.jp/pia/event.do?eventCd=1455073&afid=700&__from=twitter states that the age requirement for the show is 6 and up. Would that prevent them from showing off a trailer for 5 there? Since it will probably be rated higher than that.

These are days I'm randomly considering this month: 17th (countdown at 50), 20th (Jump Festa), 23rd and the 27th (February issue of Dengeki Maoh, PQ info last year). December's a weird spot for significant information, though, and then there's the countdown and the other games they're promoting right now, like you mention.

Good question, not sure how publicly showing off trailers for unrated games (assuming it's still unrated at that time) are handled in Japan. My inclination, without knowing for sure, is that it might be a more subjective/contextual approach than a legal one, with footage not being shown if it has too much violence/nudity. All ages are permitted to attend Jump Festa with a parent's permission, and I believe they show off a bunch of CERO B and even CERO C games there.

Zareka

I'm a few pages late, but any chance I can get a PM to that concept art people were talking about? Ken has me very intrigued. Edit: got 'em. What the HELL is Koromaru.

Also, I guess I'll take this chance to properly introduce myself. I've posted in the previous community thread a little bit but I just sort of cropped up one day. So hello, everyone! Only been a fan of the series since I picked up P3P near the end of 2012, but it's consumed my life since then. One of my most beloved game series now.

All this DMC hype's got me thinking how awesome a Persona themed Character Action game would be.

Yes I realize a Persona Character Action game would just be Chaos Legion; I still want it damn it

FluxWaveZ

All this DMC hype's got me thinking how awesome a Persona themed Character Action game would be.

Discussions of a Persona character action game are pretty old, kinda like all of the discussions about a Persona fighting game before late-2011. The developers that come up the most for it are Platinum and CC2, while the concept I've seen the most is Aigis ala Vanquish. I feel that it would make the most sense for a Persona character action game to use the Shadow Operatives for context, if it wasn't going to be something weirder like a Kanji Kenka Bancho game or something.

Edit: Okay, this is something I've always wondered and I just came upon it again: is the female voice clip during this part (1:34) of the first P4A trailer supposed to be a character we know of or is it just a generic voice?

Discussions of a Persona character action game are pretty old, kinda like all of the discussions about a Persona fighting game before late-2011. The developers that come up the most for it are Platinum and CC2, while the concept I've seen the most is Aigis ala Vanquish. I feel that it would make the most sense for a Persona character action game to use the Shadow Operatives for context, if it wasn't going to be something weirder like a Kanji Kenka Bancho game or something.

I'd go for a Wonderful 101 style. Good way to make as many characters as possible playable at once.

I could go for a Shadow Operatives action game.

Make it mission based, have Aigis, Aki and Mitsuru as playable, each with their own playstyle, mission structure changes based on which character you choose but you can choose each character for every mission.

I wish I had unlimited money to throw at the ideas in my head.

I think a Persona themed action game would probably end up closer to Raidou than anything, so it would still retain the RPG elements and lean more heavily on those than on the action side of things. I could see Persona customisation and switching being an interesting element in a game like that.

Gazoinks

Yeah, it's been one of those recurring semi-jokes for a while now.

Like the idea of a Persona dancing game. Wouldn't that be crazy? Ha!

Soulflarz

Banned
Its not too much to ask for, is it? All the SMT games with dante replacing everyone?
*ducks 50 tomatoes thrown at me* I WASNT SERIOUS

LX_Theo

Banned
I like how they just took Mega Man's Smash 4 artwork and just slapped it on there. Would that count as copyright infringement?

As much as any other artwork they used, I'd imagine. I have a hard time imagining them sending out e-mails asking for permission on every single image.

Sophia

I think that's Chie's voice.

You are right. That is definitely Yui Horie (Chie's VA)

Edit: Okay, this is something I've always wondered and I just came upon it again: is the female voice clip during this part (1:34) of the first P4A trailer supposed to be a character we know of or is it just a generic voice?

Make it happen Atlus..... >:D

PInk Tape

Banned
I really like the labyrinth design in Persona Q. I'm only on the second one mind you but so far I feel like they're really nailing it. Like each level of the labyrinth has something visual that ties it to the main idea.

I need this in my life.

Nimby

Banned
Did SCEE use Chie Fanart? Or is that part of an official Artwork? I don't recognise it.

It's proven fanart, contrasting to what I originally said, it seems he doesn't know that much about Persona at all, nor Resident Evil, nor any of those Nintendo games that received shitty ports that are on here for some reason.

As for that action game: Kuzunoha or bust.

entremet

I'm looking to give the Persona series another shot. I had FES on PS2, but my BC PS3 died and lost my 40 hour save, killing any motivation to replay it.

Should I just jump in via Persona 4 since I have a Vita. Funny thing is I have both PS2 Persona games, but can't play them! My PS3 is now a non BC one.

Nimby

Banned
I like (or dislike... hmmm) how you can clearly see how dull character designs have become over the years. The entire right side is full of realistic looking people, and characters like Kat and Korra stick out like a sore thumb.

Makio

Teddie , Chie and Yosuke in that PS 20 th anniversary image.

No Persona 3 characters .... that sucks , that game make Persona Series mainstream , but well at least we a good participation of Persona Series it plays a good part on the PS Legacy,

I wasted so much time on this, but I didn't know what else to do at 4:30 AM in the morning. I'm guessing nobody else really played for long though :p . Just as a show of how long I've played (couple of hours)

Dantis

I like (or dislike... hmmm) how you can clearly see how dull character designs have become over the years. The entire right side is full of realistic looking people, and characters like Kat and Korra stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't mean this as an attack at you personally, but man, comments like this make me so mad.

I'm playing both right now. I'm still garbage at them fightin' games :/

That sharpening and exposure..

Also why is Lara Croft on their twice?

Yeah, I think Akuma from Street Fighter is there twice too. Maybe it's because of the time difference between the original/older version and the remake/newer one? Not sure.

I know that they're probably not as popular which is probably they aren't present, but I would have liked to see some other SMT stuff, in addition to a couple games I played when I was younger.

Messiah

I'm playing both right now. I'm still garbage at them fightin' games :/

That sharpening and exposure..

Also why is Lara Croft on their twice?

Hell yeah, I am playing both too! Ultimax combined with my (lack of) skill is actually the perfect game to keep my sodium levels high.
I get so salty when losing to friends it's not even funny

Lara Croft is actually on there thrice.

PInk Tape

Banned
Yeah, I think Akuma from Street Fighter is there twice too. Maybe it's because of the time difference between the original/older version and the remake/newer one? Not sure.

I know that they're probably not as popular which is probably they aren't present, but I would have liked to see some other SMT stuff, in addition to a couple games I played when I was younger.

That makes sense I guess.

Yeah :( I wasn't expecting the whole collage to be filled with niche characters but I'd be cool if a couple of those games were acknowledged since it is the 20th anniversary and all.

Hell yeah, I am playing both too! Ultimax combined with my (lack of) skill is actually the perfect game to keep my sodium levels high.
I get so salty when losing to friends it's not even funny

Lara Croft is actually on there thrice.

I'm totally not ready for online mode because I know I'll get demolished by someone better at it then me :/
I still find the game fun though :)

*looks again* Oh yeah she is :eek:

Reboot Lara is from an alternative timeline. And classic Lara is such an iconic Playstation character.
Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Dantis

Why? Dull isn't the word I would use, but he has a point.

They've become more realistic, not more boring.

There's a lot more properly proportioned characters, and a lot less deformity. I feel like most older game characters just look silly. Costume design is just terrible when you look back at older games.

I find realistic designs much more interesting (generally speaking) than deformed and/or outlandish designs.

When it comes to character/enemy/summon/whatever designs, I have to agree here, although to me its not so much about realism rather than simplicity.

I suppose the best way of putting it is that I like simplicity but not TOO simplistic. Thats why the Persona characters are all really good designs to me, because they are just people in their normal clothes.

I dont like it when games go out of their way to make their characters look "cool" because then you get something that looks like Tidus and Wakka from FFX, and while I like those characters, they look dumb. Especially when you compare them to Yuna and Rikku who look GREAT, because they are simple.

Now, I understand when an entire game is made up of oddballs that the designs have to get a little creative (looking at you FF9 and Danganronpa), and in those cases I accept it, but again the simpler characters will always be my favourites (Beatrix, Freya and Vivi from FF9 and Aoi, Byakuya and Kyoko from DR being my favourites amongst those casts).

Dont get me wrong, just because I like a character design, doesnt mean I always like the character, and vice versa. Raiden from Revengeance looks like complete garbage to me with all that robot shit on him (I know its necessary, bare with me), but damn if I dont just love Jack the Ripper! And likewise, I think Lightning from FF13 has a great look, but fucking hell is that a bad character.

The same goes for animal/creature and enemy designs too, I would take a Koromaru or Red XIII any day over fucking Quina. For enemies, give me something imposing but simple like Avenger Knight from P4 rather than that stupid fucking Dinosaur boss from RE6. Same goes for summons as well, Bravely Default has AMAZING summons (albeit with dumb names), Hresvelgr being my favourite. Compare that to Pandemona from FF8 and you can see a clear winner. PS Alexander is my Favourite summon in FF games.

I think I made my point, or at least I hope I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom