• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue; I saw an image on tumblr one day, but I can't find it again.

The english translation for the manga hasn't gone far, which is unfortunate since it's quite good.

Ah, fair enough. Hopefully I'll come across it someday.

I agree that I would have liked to see more of the manga translated into english. I enjoy what I've read of it, and I quite enjoy the art too.

guys, which version of P3 should i go with? i have all versions but i need to know which is the definitive one. Fes?

My personal opinion, FES. The world and atmosphere are much more appreciable with the anime cutscenes and 3D environments

I want to get some other girls social links up in Persona 3 but I don't wanna date anyone except Yukari :(

Same here. I only want to "date" (would you call it dating?) Aigis, but still want to get other's social links up.

FluxWaveZ

It's interesting how Persona 1 was originally released in North America only 2 months after its Japanese release, in 1996. Seems like that was a fast turnaround.

Sophia

It's interesting how Persona 1 was originally released in North America only 2 months after its Japanese release, in 1996. Seems like that was a fast turnaround.

I really want to know the story behind all the localization changes done for that game. :\

Eh, i still think FES is the best because of presentation. It's hard to put the same emotion of events and display the severity of events in a visual novel style. You see everyone together, everything is animated, you can actually see some scenes played out instead of having to read dialogue boxes instead of watching the scene, etc, in FES. Several P3P events i know i would not have understood unless i actually saw them being played out in 3D and not in a visual novel style

I messaged the Atlus QA guy Rob Stone about if a (this is the first time I've ever wanted a remaster by the way, or re-release) Persona 3 re-release would happen consolidating the pros of both games into one game since it's always a hard decision to pick which to play and he said there was no official word of another P3 release. Then he recommended me the PSP version because "the content that isn’t there isn’t really significant when compared to how much better the game mechanics are in the remake." They also said they'll take what I said into consideration but I doubt they'd release another heh. I guess P3P it is. In addition to this guy, the majority of recommendations have been for P3P.

FluxWaveZ

In addition to this guy, the majority of recommendations have been for P3P.

They haven't. Across the hundreds of P3FES vs. P3P debates I've seen, both in our community threads, LTTP gaming threads and "which should I play?" threads, it's very much a 50% split between sides.

Sophia

It doesn't seem like much of a story. They just thought more Americans would buy it if it seemed more American.

There's always a story. But we've never really heard any of the details. I mean, Wikipedia cites Hardcore Gaming 101 for all the changes. That's how few details there are on the specifics of the changes.

The changes were definitely rushed tho. For example, experience points were increased and the encounter rate reduced, but they failed to also adjust money, leaving you perpetually poor in the original PS1 version.

They haven't. Across the hundreds of P3FES vs. P3P debates I've seen, both in our community threads, LTTP gaming threads and "which should I play?" threads, it's very much a 50% split between sides.

From what I've seen, the general census seems to favor FES ever so slightly. But yeah, it's pretty close to an even split.

Oddly enough, anyone asking which version to get will know of the pros and cons, so they can't really go wrong with either version.

I mean from where I've personally asked. Not from doing google searches, or gaf threads.

I messaged the Atlus QA guy Rob Stone about if a (this is the first time I've ever wanted a remaster by the way, or re-release) Persona 3 re-release would happen consolidating the pros of both games into one game since it's always a hard decision to pick which to play and he said there was no official word of another P3 release. Then he recommended me the PSP version because "the content that isn’t there isn’t really significant when compared to how much better the game mechanics are in the remake." They also said they'll take what I said into consideration but I doubt they'd release another heh. I guess P3P it is. In addition to this guy, the majority of recommendations have been for P3P.

It honestly seems like you already have made a choice despite what others have said to you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say that if you have the time and it turned out that you really like the game, play it normally in fes, and then do FeMC in p3p.

I started with P3P, then switched to FES about 10 hours in. The difference was enough for me to abandon P3P immediately and start from scratch on FES. I got into Persona because of it's story, not because of combat. Funnily enough, despite what people say about Persona 4 Arena, watching a friend play P4A (Labrys' story, to be exact) is what made me drop everything i was currently playing and buy P3 and P4 the next day. Even though FES has gameplay flaws, only reason i went with that is because how much i didn't care for combat, and wanted the best story i could get. I've only recently started warming up to turn-based combat, but my entire driving point in P3 was story, and nothing else.

That's my personal opinion on why FES is better, but some may argue mechanics are better than story. Normally, i'd agree, but P3 is the first game to ever pull me in as hard as it did. I beat it in 60 hours, and in 6 days. 10 hours a day. I have never been hooked to a game that hard before solely from story.

Don't take this as me telling you to play FES. This is my opinion, and my opinion alone. P3P does have a better combat system, and full-party control, along with other Quality of Life additions, and FeMC.

Nimby

Banned
I can't wait to see what kind of crazy justification they give for shadows being defeated by dancing and shit. Legit hyped for more tho (MORE NAOTO PLZ)

also

Japan's already got the P5 sample boxes up

rs_560x300-131127145911-blackfriday2.gif

Better get outta the way. Buyin up all yo copies.

Not really. Even though I said "P3P it is," I'm still feeling a bit eh. Dang man why is it so hard to choose?! Gonna end up never playing P3.

The thing is, you express the desire to play 1 and 2 as well. But you want to play P3P because it's more similar mechanically to 4. So when you finally get to 1 and 2 and it's not similar to 4, what are you going to do?

Not really. Even though I said "P3P it is," I'm still feeling a bit eh. Dang man why is it so hard to choose?! Gonna end up never playing P3.

I'm assuming you're joking there, but just in case, don't let this decision stop you from playing P3 at all. Think of this more of a "can't go wrong either way" type of decision than a "I'm missing something either way" type of decision.

LiK

alright cool, got all the Social Links maxed except for one but that's story-related i guess. Also did the Fusion trophies, not hard but very time consuming.

arue

Seems like we'll be getting new information from the Persona Magazine through P-Studio interviews.

I hope my copy arrives before next week... Amazon Global once delivered my package several days earlier than the expected delivery.

Fingers crossed we get some new artwork/screenshots of Persona 5 in the Persona Magazine as well. The one week delivery delay is killing me inside. ;__;

Jintor

If Yu's living in the city, is he wearing a different school uniform now? I just realised I haven't actually looked at the art that much, I just registered him as wearing standard white/black/grey and skipped over it

LX_Theo

Banned
so were the P3 and P4 protagonists given names for the anime?

Yes. And they also got different names for the manga. :p

P4MC's name of Yu Narukami from the anime stuck as his name for the Persona 4 Arena games and (apparently) Persona 4 DAN as well. His manga name was Souji Seta (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

P3MC is Makoto Yuki in the movies and Minato Arisato in the manga.

Rubedo

If Yu's living in the city, is he wearing a different school uniform now? I just realised I haven't actually looked at the art that much, I just registered him as wearing standard white/black/grey and skipped over it

No I'm pretty sure he wears the Yasogami uniform all the time for some reason. He wears it in the Arena duology as well even though he no longer lives in Inaba.

LiK

Yes. And they also got different names for the manga. :p

P4MC's name of Yu Narukami from the anime stuck as his name for the Persona 4 Arena games and (apparently) Persona 4 DAN as well. His manga name was Souji Seta (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

P3MC is Makoto Yuki in the movies and Minato Arisato in the manga.

ah, that explains it. i guess i'll check out the anime soon just to see how they are. gonna be weird.

PK Gaming

He's still wearing his Yaso uniform.

In fact, you can bet your sweet bippy that he's still rocking the Yaso uniform at his new (old?) school too.

Teacher: Mr. Narukami, that uniform is not allowed. I'm afraid i'll have to send you back home to change.
Yu: Yu just don't understand.
Teacher: No, i'm afraid it is you that doesn't understand. Get out.
Yu: (Dances out of the classroom)

I'm 68% sure that's how his story will open.

He's still wearing his Yaso uniform.

In fact, you can bet your sweet bippy that he's still rocking the Yaso uniform at his new (old?) school too.

Teacher: Mr. Narukami, that uniform is not allowed. I'm afraid i'll have to send you back home to change.
Yu: Yu just don't understand.
Teacher: No, i'm afraid it is you that doesn't understand. Get out.
Yu: (Dances out of the classroom)

I'm 68% sure that's how his story will open.

He just pops his collar and teach shuts it.

FluxWaveZ

The Persona Magazine preview image they put up for the P-Studio interview has the label "P-Studio Interview 1." Maybe that means it'll be a series.

Edit: Actually, it could just be referring to the Hashino and Soejima interview being the first one in the magazine, and "P-Studio Interview 2" would be the Kazuhisa Wada one for P4D.

Drop

Thanks for sharing! Been waiting to hear the full version since I heard it in the trailer. Easily the best movie theme so far.

It's awesome, but I still prefer more than one heart.

Anyway, I've been playing p3fes almost nonstop in the past couple days.
I'm finally at January, I've got to the top of tartarus on the 1st, now I'm only left with the remaining social links and a bit of grinding, since using the whole party left everyone 10 levels behind me, and I really want Yukari to have mediarahan for the final battle.

For the social links I should be able to complete Empress and Aeon, I should also have 2 extra days for the last Emperor and Star rank, I forgot Star rank 10 can only be reached on school days, that messed me up a bit.
Does the event on the twenty-first take time? If that's not the case I might be able to complete Moon too.
In that case I would be left only with Temperance at 8 and Fortune at 7, Overall I'm satisfied with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom