• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather they stick with Mercer, he did a great job and switching back to Troy Baker seems silly considering Kanji will likely be back in a future P5 spin off and Troy's schedule might become an issue again at that point.

I highly doubt we'll go back. The last thing I want them to do is flip-flop voice actors. The NA release date would be nice, but I'd expect it at E3(probably with a NA release date for P5 if the JPN gets announced before this).

No, I know Troy will probably be crazy busy so getting him back for Kanji is a pipe dream. There are times with Mercer though that he drops into his "Leon Voice" (it was more apparent to me in the anime) so it jars me once in a while, but he's definitely solid as Kanji.

Regarding the date, sure E3 would be nice, but a stealth trailer announcement would be welcomed too.

I can't see a date happening at E3, certainly not for the Japanese version. Atlus Japan aren't going to be announcing anything there, and Atlus USA don't generally make a big deal out of release date announcements, although if they know it by that point then they might announce it.

FluxWaveZ

I can't see a date happening at E3, certainly not for the Japanese version. Atlus Japan aren't going to be announcing anything there, and Atlus USA don't generally make a big deal out of release date announcements, although if they know it by that point then they might announce it.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about P4D.

Neku89

So... I've bought both P4A and P4AU (the first was dirt cheap, the second came with tarot cards and a Junes t-shirt for a good price). Before stepping in either of them, I decided to begin my P3FES playthrough! Any suggestions? I already played a few days, I'm quite digging it (even if it took me some time to get used to the system, after P4G), but I don't really like that after ~5 battles in Tartarus all of my party becomes tired :(

LiK

So... I've bought both P4A and P4AU (the first was dirt cheap, the second came with tarot cards and a Junes t-shirt for a good price). Before stepping in either of them, I decided to begin my P3FES playthrough! Any suggestions? I already played a few days, I'm quite digging it (even if it took me some time to get used to the system, after P4G), but I don't really like that after ~5 battles in Tartarus all of my party becomes tired :(

I forgot about the party being tired crap. i'm gonna use a guide when I restart P3FES. i'll settle for Easy as well. I just wanna play for the story.

Thank you so much!! :) Stoked to be in here :)

5 questions for the new guy.

1. Favourite character?
2. Favourite song?
3. Favourite Persona?
4. Favourite dungeon?
5. And finally, what did you name your character?

Welcome to the community, you may never leave :D
I doubt I will leave!! Thank you for the warm welcome!! :3 Okay lemme give this a shot!

1) A tie between Kanji and Rise (Pls I can't pick)
2) Smile!!
3) Rise's final Persona is hilarious looking and I love it.
Those planets.
4) Steamy Bathhouse hands down :p!
5) Stevie Scaccia!

<3 Hope I did that right!
Another Fakegaffer joins the community!

iUywzyHRj5rDJ.gif

Hehehe yessss!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Before too long, you'll be able to stay in Tartarus way longer. Getting tired is really rare by the end game.

1) A tie between Kanji and Rise (Pls I can't pick)
2) Smile!!
3) Rise's final Persona is hilarious looking and I love it.
Those planets.
4) Steamy Bathhouse hands down :p!
5) Stevie Scaccia!

<3 Hope I did that right!

Ya nailed it! Good choice of song too, I rarely think of Smile, but it's a damn good song. Also, belated welcome!

Neku89

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Before too long, you'll be able to stay in Tartarus way longer. Getting tired is really rare by the end game.

Yeah, I read that. Still it buggers me :(

One question: how is money earned in this game? I randomly find it in chests or rarely at Shuffle Time... It's not dropped by Shadows?

Wazzy

Banned
It's taken me a little bit to get used to PQ and I'm actually really enjoying it. The first labyrinth was hilarious and I like seeing both games interact.
Acid!! <3 <3!

This community.

tumblr_mf491hHIRq1rddtxto1_500.gif
Gorlllll welcome!

I want impressions ASAP once you start P3. Also your choice of faves is perfect.

• -always scan. always. even if you don't learn about any weaknesses it changes your teammates' AI behavior. They make better decisions
  • -use tactics. don't leave your teammates on act freely and expect good results. If you use the 5th joined party member
    Mitsuru
    they should be at full assault or knockdown at all times.
  • - In the beginning you can just use whatever really. As you get farther, you'll probably want to have one guy for each element. One thing that really helps is keeping around a Persona that can use all four elemental skills. A good one to start out with is Lilim. Fuse Pixie x Nekomata to get Forneus (don't get it from Shuffle) then fuse that Forneus (with Bufu) x Angel (with Garu) to get a Lilim with Agi, Zio, Bufu, and Garu. This is a pretty good thing to keep around and update as the game goes on, and can make getting all-out attacks in random battles much easier. For the Answer it's practically required. Other notable personas who can do this easily are Pale Rider and Loki, but experiment.
  • - Having a healer persona is a good idea later in the game. Saki Mitama and Titania are excellent early healers. Saki Mitama learns Mediarama before anyone else. Titania learns Divine Grace, which significantly increases any healing done, and makes her useful until the end of the game. Transferring Divine Grace and Mediarama from her to someone else makes them a potent healer as well.
  • - Don't worry too much about resistances and such until later on. Once you get farther in the game, it will definitely pay off to have a persona or two that's immune to light or dark. Most enemies only use one or two elements, and it should be easy to equip one that isn't weak to those through normal play. What I'm trying to say is you generally don't need to pay attention to your own persona's resistances when creating new ones: if you're up against a boss that uses fire, you probably have a persona that resists fire in your inventory whether you planned it that way or not.
  • - Figure out the 3 people you want to use in your party and don't bother with anyone else. The equipment tax is pretty high in this game. You should try to spread out your elemental strengths, like, don't bring the two fire users to the same party.
  • - Once you've figured out this party, fuse weapons that make them resist the element that they're weak to. For example, fusing a nihil bow with a Tower persona gets you a bow that's resistant to lightning, which is perfect for Yukari. You can continually update this weapon with new higher level persona.
  • - Get as high as you can in the tower before each full moon, and you'll be fine

Yeah, I read that. Still it buggers me :(

One question: how is money earned in this game? I randomly find it in chests or rarely at Shuffle Time... It's not dropped by Shadows?

It's been a while since I played, but you can get money from shadows if you pick the coin arcana during shuffle time. In addition to that, you can get valuable items from golden hands and then sell them for a ton of money.

BB got way more love than me. oh wells. I feel like Kanji

Hey, don't feel down! Kanji's one of the best characters in the series, feeling like Kanji is a good thing!

Holy shit! BB is the hottest thing to hit the Persona community since scrunchy-chan!
Maybe if I'm friends with him, people will think I'm cool!

Welcome to community! Hope you don't get lost in the hype!

Holy shit! BB is the hottest thing to hit the Persona community since scrunchy-chan!
Maybe if I'm friends with him, people will think I'm cool!

Welcome to community! Hope you don't get lost in the hype!

Aw shucks... ^////^. Me?! I'm just a regular GAFer! o____o

But I'm hoping you would still like to be friends!! :3

Hey, everyone. A little off-topic here, but what are some of your Twitter IDs? I want to make sure I'm following everyone from PersonaGAF. Sorry if this is not allowed or anything.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey, everyone. A little off-topic here, but what are some of your Twitter IDs? I want to make sure I'm following everyone from PersonaGAF. Sorry if this is not allowed or anything.

@Soulflarz

Go on guys, just
click the follow button!

...it wont hurt

much.

Mystic follows me and I shamelessly did this anyways :V

@reanimatoin

Dont worry about it, this sorta thing happens every now and then anyways. Tend to go through spells of everyone adding each otherXD

I'd rather they stick with Mercer, he did a great job and switching back to Troy Baker seems silly considering Kanji will likely be back in a future P5 spin off and Troy's schedule might become an issue again at that point.

Speaking of which, who voiced Kanji in P4AU? I thought Baker was out but I didn't notice any difference from before.

And welcome, BB!

Also @Ganzlinger (not much active)

Speaking of which, who voiced Kanji in P4AU? I thought Baker was out but I didn't notice any difference from before.

And welcome, BB!

Thank you so much!! <3

Followed y'all :3 im more of an Instagram-er than a tweeter but I'll try to be a bit more active! <3

And welcome, BB!

Yup, Matt Mercer took over for Ultimax and Q (and presumably DAN) and did a phenomenal job.

I actually like him just as much as Troy
if not slightly more

Its still funny reading all the people crying when the announcement was made.

Yup, Matt Mercer took over for Ultimax and Q (and presumably DAN) and did a phenomenal job.

I actually like him just as much as Troy
if not slightly more

Its still funny reading all the people crying when the announcement was made.

If you watched the original Persona 4 anime with the English Dub, he was Kanji in Vol. 2, which was my first exposure to him in that role. I knew the voice was a bit different than Troy's but he pretty much nailed the VA really.

really upped his game between P4Animation/Arena and Ultimax/Q

He wasnt in Arena, that actually was Troy Baker.

But yeah, the first time I watched the animation I didnt even notice a switch. I did notice once someone told me though.

But since then, Mercer has owned that role!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom