• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad to hear there's no difference with Mercer. Baker was great.

Mercer's great but like I said earlier, there were times I would hear Leon's voice coming from Kanji so it was jarring a few times.

For the most part though, both he and Baker are fantastic as Kanji and they both nail the role in different ways.

LiK

Mercer's great but like I said earlier, there were times I would hear Leon's voice coming from Kanji so it was jarring a few times.

For the most part though, both he and Baker are fantastic as Kanji and they both nail the role in different ways.

cool, i'll be playing P3FES first so it might not be as jarring when i get to the spin-offs

"Guess the Investigation Team is back" lol
Also oh my god Yosuke's neck
So umm..

I just beat P4G earlier today! First Persona game I've ever played. And I seriously loved it. I couldn't put it down!!

I'm downloading P3P as we speak.

I hope I can contribute to this community a bit!! <3 Nice to meet you guys!
Welcome! Awesome username! You know, I'm inclined to have a Meekins avatar :p

I have a Persona Q party dilemma. I've got the front row filled with characters I want to use and I've got one more spare slot in the back, I was using Naoto in the first dungeon but she's apparently broken and I don't want to use her if it's going to result in the game becoming trivial. Is it safe to stick with Naoto and if not who should I switch her for?

I have a Persona Q party dilemma. I've got the front row filled with characters I want to use and I've got one more spare slot in the back, I was using Naoto in the first dungeon but she's apparently broken and I don't want to use her if it's going to result in the game becoming trivial. Is it safe to stick with Naoto and if not who should I switch her for?

Naoto's only really broken if you equip her with certain skills, namely Impure Reach and some status effect moves. She's still really good without those things, though, so you can use her and still have a good time.

If you still don't want to use her though, you still have a lot of options. I used Yukari and the P3MC on my back line, for example, and I had a great time with PQ.

Nimby

Banned
You guys fairly active on Twitter? @nimbys187

I do nothing but follow game devs and complain.

I am thinking about actually using it though...

"Guess the Investigation Team is back" lol
Also oh my god Yosuke's neck

Welcome! Awesome username! You know, I'm inclined to have a Meekins avatar :p

Hahaha thank you so much!! Stoked to be in here :)

Hehe thank you! I'm really happy about all the ace attorney avatars I've seen in here! <3

Aka you should go through with it ;) LOL!

So did the interviews from Persona magazine ever get translated or did I just miss it?

I believe they did, but they didnt have any new information that wasnt already presented in the earlier magazines.

Also, quick question, does anything happen on Feb 28th in either P3 or P4? I know there's usually time skips around then :(

So did the interviews from Persona magazine ever get translated or did I just miss it?

I don't think there's been a full translation released, but there doesn't seem to be anything too exciting revealed, because no one's talking about it. Pepsiman was talking about doing a full scanlation this weekend though (if work allows), so we can go crazy over every little detail then if we want.

I believe they did, but they didnt have any new information that wasnt already presented in the earlier magazines.

Also, quick question, does anything happen on Feb 28th in either P3 or P4? I know there's usually time skips around then :(

As far as I can remember, it's all time skips.

Drop

Those Narukami outfits are great, really, the Dojima one is the best.

Welcome BlueBadger! My twitter is @MT_KeyDrop for anyone who wants to follow, I'm not really active, but I'll try to use it more in the future.

Those Narukami outfits are great, really, the Dojima one is the best.

Welcome BlueBadger! My twitter is @MT_KeyDrop for anyone who wants to follow, I'm not really active, but I'll try to use it more in the future.

Thank you so much!! <3

And I am now following you! :3

FluxWaveZ

They didn't. None of the interviews in Persona Magazine #2015 February have been translated, as of yet.

I don't think there's been a full translation released, but there doesn't seem to be anything too exciting revealed, because no one's talking about it.

Perhaps but, then again, it took approximately 3 months for the #Re:birth, Persona 5 related interview to get translated (by Pepsiman), and it had plenty of interesting development information. Just looking at my magazine, I can tell there's plenty of cool P4D dev. info in it.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Perhaps but, then again, it took approximately 3 months for the #Re:birth, Persona 5 related interview to get translated (by Pepsiman), and it had plenty of interesting development information. Just looking at my magazine, I can tell there's plenty of cool P4D dev. info in it.

Gonna try and get to both interviews this weekend. The Hashino and Soejima one isn't as good as their past ones, but not without interesting stuff here and there, but Wada's is definitely the one I've liked better from what I've read.

Squire

Banned
I'm @TaleSpun on Twitter. My account is locked, but don't mind that. I'll (probably) let you in.

The one true Leon is Paul Mercier, anyway.

Meia

I really do think using Naoto was the worst decision I made in Persona Q. She just trivializes fights in dungeons, and if fights in dungeons are boring, and the dungeons themselves are kind of "meh" in large doses, I think I know why I stopped on the second floor of the fourth dungeon. :p

"But why not ignore things like Impure Reach?" So don't put it on, so her instant kill spells have a lower success rate, thus wasting mana, thus making it harder? How about I actually choose a useful 5th party member then? :p

Think I'll swap Naoto for the P3MC when I go back to it eventually(if I don't restart from the beginning at that point).

That's a fair point, my assumption that there was nothing important wasn't really a fair one. My bad.

Gonna try and get to both interviews this weekend. The Hashino and Soejima one isn't as good as their past ones, but not without interesting stuff here and there, but Wada's is definitely the one I've liked better from what I've read.

Looking forward to them as always!

My twitter is @TFGCal. I don't really (ever) post something, but I hoped nobody gets a bit creeped out if I follow them.

I really do think using Naoto was the worst decision I made in Persona Q. She just trivializes fights in dungeons, and if fights in dungeons are boring, and the dungeons themselves are kind of "meh" in large doses, I think I know why I stopped on the second floor of the fourth dungeon. :p

Well, now I'm back to wondering who to put in the last slot on my back row.

You guys fairly active on Twitter? @nimbys187

I do nothing but follow game devs and complain.

I am thinking about actually using it though...

That's actually why i made my twitter account in the first place, but as i grew older it turned into my "personal outlet" instead of bottling everything up.

If we're tossing around twitter names, I'm still @ADeadDiehard.
Be sure to follow me if you want me to butt in on every conversation you have. :p

I can attest to this :p The conversations are nice though, no worries there

Nimby

Banned
Some of you have quite the reps on Twitter lol

That's actually why i made my twitter account in the first place, but as i grew older it turned into my "personal outlet" instead of bottling everything up.

I can attest to this :p The conversations are nice though, no worries there

I planned to build on my Twitter at some point, but I just drifted more towards discussion boards.

Sophia

If we're tossing around twitter names, I'm still @ADeadDiehard.
Be sure to follow me if you want me to butt in on every conversation you have. :p

Emphasis on the "every" part there. Seems like half the time I'm replying to you or Soulflarz despite having over 500 followers. >_>;

I'm @AndroidSophia

The one true Leon is Paul Mercier, anyway.

Yep, though I always found it funny that Mercier was replaced by Mercer, as the only thing differentiating their surnames is an "i".

In any case, I really should go back to my 2nd playthrough of P4G again... Been slacking a bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

"But why not ignore things like Impure Reach?" So don't put it on, so her instant kill spells have a lower success rate, thus wasting mana, thus making it harder? How about I actually choose a useful 5th party member then? :p

Think I'll swap Naoto for the P3MC when I go back to it eventually(if I don't restart from the beginning at that point).

Nah, just think of the regular battles as something you want to get over quickly. If you have to properly fight every encounter it just gets tedious. The real meat are the puzzles and foe battles.

arue

I just watched PSC episode 13 with the fans' reactions to the Persona 5 trailer. I can't imagine the hype if I was there with them. I'd probably squeal throughout the entire thing.

FluxWaveZ

I just watched PSC episode 13 with the fans' reactions to the Persona 5 trailer. I can't imagine the hype if I was there with them. I'd probably squeal throughout the entire thing.

I felt the energy just from watching that video. Being there must have been an incredible experience.

Soulflarz

Banned
Emphasis on the "every" part there. Seems like half the time I'm replying to you or Soulflarz despite having over 500 followers. >_>;

I'm @AndroidSophia

H-hey, I dont actually click your profile. Soooo
It's not my fault you follow a ton of people that I do
>.>
<.<

Verder

Man yosuke has on LOOOOOOOONG ASS neck. Im just realizing that from the new P4D trailer.

It&#8217;s a long shot, but I&#8217;m rooting for Aleph to appear in P4: Dancing All Night - possibly teaching our heroes that only through the power of dance can they break the never-ending cycle of suffering

add raidou and its a 10 for me

Man yosuke has on LOOOOOOOONG ASS neck. Im just realizing that from the new P4D trailer.
No one can beat the king though.

But in all seriousness, Seojima likes to draw really high collars but doesn't put as much thought into the anatomy that goes on underneath. It's most notable with Yosuke of the characters in P4, but Aigis sans her collar and bow is another good example.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'd go for P4 first so P3MC gets to be his own character for a change.
Also, IIRC, P3MC's weak to darkness.

Yeah, but MC weakness has no effect on the game, you should be using both MCs anyways. :p

And before someone screams spoiler, that is in no way a content spoiler unless you scream spoiler.

PK Gaming

When starting Persona q, P3 or P4 side first?

The game will be biased towards whichever side you pick. (ie. If you want to see more from the P3 cast, pick the threetagonist). The protagonist you don't pick will have a defined personality.

Yeah, but MC weakness has no effect on the game, you should be using both MCs anyways. :p

Actually it does, especially if you're playing on Risky. Since you can't protect the MC from Hama/Mudo skills with Homonculi on Risky, choosing the P4MC will allow you to protect the P3MC from Mudo skills with Homonculi. On lower difficulties, P3MC's weakness to Mudo is far less pronounced, so I wouldn't really take it into consideration when choosing a protagonist.

Style

Banned
So we were discussing the neck of Yosuke in P4D in IRC and I made this as a joke with my poor Photoshop skills:

iL96epep5lDt1.gif

Zalman

So I recently got Ultimax and I'm having fun. This is my first Arena game so I need to get used to the fighting system. I've been checking out the tutorial section of the game, but are there any guides online that could help me out too? Maybe an overview of every character's strengths/weaknesses, tips, tricks etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So we were discussing the neck of Yosuke in P4D in IRC and I made this as a joke with my poor Photoshop skills:

iL96epep5lDt1.gif

One thing that's hilarious to me about soejima designs is that either the headphones have zero grip at all or they used way too much starch when they iron the collars.

Yosuke's headphones literally changed dimensions when he wears them on his head as opposed to hanging them on his collar.

6b783adbee4ec1d45f4290a499845cf2.jpg

Lusankya

iL96epep5lDt1.gif

Well, it's still based on his old conversation picture. :p
But overall I have the feeling that Soejima's new artworks have slightly less long necks (with the exception of poor Junpei).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom