• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

It's very surprising that they had another update for Persona 4: Dancing All Night this week. They didn't do this for PQ or P4AU initially and, though it's obviously not like they can't diverge from how they handled those games, it also feels like it's something they could have just kept for Monday again. Maybe this was a one-off since it was the week that debuted the character trailers for P4D.

Pepsiman's translated trailer.

If that updated character page suggests there will at least be 5 added characters to it, my guess for the three not indicated are:

1. Nanako
2. Marie
3. Someone I couldn't guess right (not Dojima, not Adachi, not Labrys, not Sho, not human Teddie)

Style

Banned
So umm..

I just beat P4G earlier today! First Persona game I've ever played. And I seriously loved it. I couldn't put it down!!

I'm downloading P3P as we speak.

I hope I can contribute to this community a bit!! <3 Nice to meet you guys!

Another Fakegaffer joins the community!

iUywzyHRj5rDJ.gif

My expectation was Dancing on Monday and Persona 5 on Friday. This week technically followed that, since the Persona 5 website links to the Stalker Club episode. I guess we'll see by next Friday how they're going to handle updates going forward.

I'm also expecting a Dancing All Night feature in Famitsu next week to feature Yukiko and Naoto, before they get their pages on the website.

There's something on the story page about the midnight website thing, so if the plot has been changed since the debut, that part is at least the same.

Nice to see plot justifications for the dancing

Setsu00

P4DAN takes place "some months" after the incidents in Inaba according to the website. That matches with the timeline from this week's Persona Magazine.

Also, the Mayonaka Stage from the game is apparently set on "the other side" ("&#21521;&#12371;&#12358;&#20596;"). The exact same term is also used in Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (Major spoiler for the P2 duology)
when Tatsuya and other characters speak about the world of Innocent Sin
. After P4U2 this means probably nothing, but I think it's kinda interesting (Minor P2 spoiler related to the other major P2 spoiler)
as Lisa was also an idol
. I haven't checked any other Japanese media so I have no idea whether they already used "the other side" for the TV world during P4.

FluxWaveZ

isn't it just gonna be a dancing game? is there an actual story to this?

j0uIPBZ.png

Just like with the P4A series, P4D will have a full fledged story mode, complete with new character portraits, a narrative flowchart (as seen above) and anime cutscenes. They've called it a "story focused rhythm game."

LiK

Yep. It's canon and everything even

huh, pretty wild that all these spin-offs are tied to the main stories. I really need to get through P3 FES soon. I guess another marathon needs to be done. probably use a guide too just to finish it asap. all to prepare for Arena

PK Gaming

WELL

That was a pleasant surprise. Definitely didn't expect a new character trailer so soon. Butler alt, Detective alt... WE IN THERE.

Brb i'm gonna watch that trailer like 17 more times.

FluxWaveZ

Wait a sec...

If it's like the other entries on the timeline it's most likely just a quick story overview and basic facts about the book.

CrimsonFist, are you sure Persona x Detective Naoto is mentioned in the P4 timeline? What I was thinking of was the subsequent pages, since there's no picture of it in the actual timeline in the magazine. Turns out, I had misremembered where it appeared (I thought it was associated with Naoto's summary), and the PxD image only appears on page 049, when the summary and timeline stuff is done.

LiK

I have to say that I prefer the in-game 3D models of the characters over their anime designs. Nanako-chan is so much cuter and younger looking. She looks so much older like with everyone else in anime form. kinda jarring every time the cutscenes showed up. they look like college kids in the cutscenes, lol

Wait a sec...

CrimsonFist, are you sure Persona x Detective Naoto is mentioned in the P4 timeline? What I was thinking of was the subsequent pages, since there's no picture of it in the actual timeline in the magazine. Turns out, I had misremembered where it appeared (I thought it was associated with Naoto's summary), and the PxD image only appears on page 049, when the summary and timeline stuff is done.

I was considering that section to be a part of the timeline stuff, it's at least in the same section. It gives a generic overview, talks about the main characters and then goes into side characters. PxD wouldn't fit in the Naoto section with the format they used anyway.

FluxWaveZ

I was considering that section to be a part of the timeline stuff, it's at least in the same section. It gives a generic overview, talks about the main characters and then goes into extra stuff. PxD wouldn't fit in the Naoto section with the format they used anyway.

Hm. Well, at least the way it is there, it probably has no bearing on its relevance to the P4 saga as a whole with that description, especially since they didn't try to slot it into the actual timeline and kinda used that small space just to promote the book.

Persona Stalker Club episode 13 was released today and, if you're interested in crowd reactions for when the Persona 5 trailer was revealed, it starts at the 39:00 mark. I love hearing what they reacted to the most. Igor's appearance was one of them, of course.

I didn't know they opened the trailer with the five chairs thing. I thought they were doing the imagery of having 5 light bulbs shot out.

Regarding costumes for P4D, I think it's likely that everyone has a general Yasogami uniform alt, and it's either the summer uniform or winter uniform. Not both.

Dug the new Narukami P4DAN trailer, I'll be rocking the Dojima costume for sure.

Of course, I really want the Gekkoukan uniforms so I guess it's a matter of when they release that as DLC.

Regarding the Persona magazine, I don't remember seeing the Detective Naoto blurb in the timeline, but then again, I mostly skimmed it last night.

LiK

I would like a Naoto anime spin-off that is about her solving cases. I keep reading that the game is garbage here, lol

I would like a Naoto anime spin-off that is about her solving cases. I keep reading that the game is garbage here, lol

Its not a game, its a Light Novel.

But yeah, its pretty bad :p So much so that the re-writes that people have been doing here are infinitely better!

LiK

pretty excited for all the new music in the dancing game. hope it's not hard as the Miku games tho. those games are too brutal for me.

Do you hear any complaints over here?

Nah, most complaints I see is related to lack of P3/P4A/P4U/PQ song content, but I think we all suspect the DLC will possibly address that.

My only other "issues" are that I want an NA release date and for Atlus USA to confirm they will have the original voice cast (Mercer's great but I want Troy back for Kanji).

Nah, most complaints I see is related to lack of P3/P4A/P4U/PQ song content, but I think we all suspect the DLC will possibly address that.

My only other "issues" are that I want an NA release date and for Atlus USA to confirm they will have the original voice cast (Mercer's great but I want Troy back for Kanji).

I'd rather they stick with Mercer, he did a great job and switching back to Troy Baker seems silly considering Kanji will likely be back in a future P5 spin off and Troy's schedule might become an issue again at that point.

Meia

I highly doubt we'll go back. The last thing I want them to do is flip-flop voice actors. The NA release date would be nice, but I'd expect it at E3(probably with a NA release date for P5 if the JPN gets announced before this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom