• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tumblr_nkfkv4pRWN1tch3j8o1_1280.png

tumblr_nkfkv4pRWN1tch3j8o2_1280.png

tumblr_nkfkv4pRWN1tch3j8o3_1280.png
teddieeeeeeeeeeeee

Seeing as how we continuously get new members, I figured we could use a nice little list to help newcomers get into the twitter scene. I kinda just slapped this thing together so I'm sure I've missed some people. Free to message me here on GAF or on twitter (@JoseOle5990) if you want to be added (or removed, no judging!). I wish it was a public sign-yourself-up kinda deal, but it is what it is.

https://twitter.com/JoseOle5990/lists/personagaf/

LiK

Seeing as how we continuously get new members, I figured we could use a nice little list to help newcomers get into the twitter scene. I kinda just slapped this thing together so I'm sure I've missed some people. Free to message me here on GAF or on twitter (@JoseOle5990) if you want to be added (or removed, no judging!). I wish it was a public sign-yourself-up kinda deal, but it is what it is.

https://twitter.com/JoseOle5990/lists/personagaf/

@LikChan

feel free to add me to that.

I got the CE preordered as well. Did you get the first movie bluray from aniplex?

Actually, I bought it from Kinokuniya at AX last year because funny enough, Aniplex USA weren't selling them at their booth.

This time though, I ordered from Rightstuf versus ordering from Aniplex or just simply importing.

Dantis

So, I decided to be stupid and draw succubus Rise from the few seconds of her 3D model:

I tried to go for a poor man's version of the DAN colouring... I think it went okay.

This might be a weird question, but why are the tips of her hair blonde?

Cool pic otherwise though.

84X

Banned
Forgot to check this thread since I posted...

This is pretty awesome! You should post your art more in here rather than just in IRC because your stuff is pretty great!

I'll try to but most of the stuff I show in the IRC are just quick rough sketches of whatever I'm interested in at the moment. Though there have been things I've neglected to post...

Is that the new design for Succubus in Persona 5?

Yep.

This might be a weird question, but why are the tips of her hair blonde?

Cool pic otherwise though.

First off, thanks.
Second, I don't feel it's a weird question as I'm sorta perplexed I left it in myself... in a way it's an oversight on my part. Basically it arose from trying to quickly mimic DAN's colouring seen in the new artwork, which has a yellow light shining on the characters...

Doesn't really work here since her hair is in a static position, plus I wasn't consistent with the yellow lighting anyways.

I figured it was a reference to you know who from
Catherine

Double the points since
Laura Bailey voices both of them

...feel free to believe this though.

(It's also really late for me so apologies if anything I said sounds convoluted)

Drop

Guys any tips for what to spend money on in Persona 3 FES?

I currently have 940k and I have no idea what to spend it on.
In my experience it's possible to get good equipment and enough items in tartarus, so my advice would be to use it to take persona from the compendium.
It can be really useful when you're fusing, both if you try to complete the compendium or if you're just getting stronger persona, it might happen that you have to fuse a persona and then get it back right away.
The point is that the cost of each persona rises a lot as they get stronger, so if you like fusing a lot it's going to be your biggest money investment.

FluxWaveZ

Weird question, but will I have Atlus ninjas knocking at my figurative door if I upload PSC footage of the PSL2015 P5 reveal, but with added subs? I remember Pepsiman having a run-in with them before.

Might do it anyways.

Weird question, but will I have Atlus ninjas knocking at my figurative door if I upload PSC footage of the PSL2015 P5 reveal, but with added subs? I remember Pepsiman having a run-in with them before.

Might do it anyways.

There's a chance that it will get taken down eventually. The worst that will happen is that you get a copyright strike and have to go to youtube copyright school though.

FluxWaveZ

There's a chance that it will get taken down eventually. The worst that will happen is that you get a copyright strike and have to go to youtube copyright school though.

Aw man, I hate school. Well, it would be my first strike, and maybe the subs would be just barely enough for it to enter fair use (probably not).

Ah well, wanted more people to be able to see this, anyways. It's just the PSL2015 P5 reveal with crowd reactions from PSC episode 13, with subs added for what the Phantom says.

Style

Banned
Aw man, I hate school. Well, it would be my first strike, and maybe the subs would be just barely enough for it to enter fair use (probably not).

Ah well, wanted more people to be able to see this, anyways. It's just the PSL2015 P5 reveal with crowd reactions from PSC episode 13, with subs added for what the Phantom says.

Oh man, everything about that reveal was so exciting. The countdown, the concert and the final reveal at the end. The rest of the industry should take notes.

Meia

Oh man, everything about that reveal was so exciting. The countdown, the concert and the final reveal at the end. The rest of the industry should take notes.

It really is nice that Atlus never really disappoints, unlike the other japanese pubs out there.

FluxWaveZ

They didn't have a big promotional lead-up to the November 24, 2014 Etrian Odyssey stream, but that one was also pretty cool. Atlus does a good job with these things, even though the two Persona ones might have been a bit suffering at times for the super dedicated who went through the entire ordeal.

I think they managed to match the November 24, 2013 event, but I feel that that one was just a bit more memorable because of how it was the first time they did that, and also because of the multiple announcements it had (two of which that were games no one was expecting). Points for the P5 unveil actually managing to surpass already wild expectations, though.

They didn't have a big promotional lead-up to the November 24, 2014 Etrian Odyssey stream, but that one was also pretty cool. Atlus does a good job with these things, even though the two Persona ones might have been a bit suffering at times for the super dedicated who went through the entire ordeal.

I think they managed to match the November 24, 2013 event, but I feel that that one was just a bit more memorable because of how it was the first time they did that, and also because of the multiple announcements it had (two of which that were games no one was expecting). Points for the P5 unveil actually managing to surpass already wild expectations, though.

I think the November 2013 event was better. The build up during the stream with the midnight channel events slowly pinpointing that the announcements were going to be shown on various ad displays. Then you get to the actual announcement and Atlus just messed with everyone, they blocked part of the trailers on the stream, showed a bunch of spin off games and then acted like they were going to end the stream before they actually showed a P5 thing. They knew that fans were desperate for something concerning P5 and they decided to take the opportunity to have a little fun with it and it resulted in a really memorable stream that delivered 4 game announcements rather than the expected 1.

I think the countdown this time was more entertaining. There was still a lot of filler, but the fan vote reveals were fun to follow, plus you had Dance! and the gradual teasing of Persona 5 things up until the trailer. If we'd have gotten the full concert, that would have put it above 2013 for me.

2013 can't be beaten for the actual reveals though, that was incredibly well done.

Did SMT come before Tokyo Majin? Or was Tokyo Majin inspired by SMT? I'm buying the Tokyo Twilight PSVita game with a friend because the VN looks really amazing graphically speaking.

It really is nice that Atlus never really disappoints, unlike the other japanese pubs out there.

Them P* and Nintendo are on a whole 'nother planet for salesmanship and confidence-building in the consumerbase than the rest of the industry over there. The others behave like depressed wallflowers or class clowns acting out from a dysfunctional home life (SE) when it comes to this.

Sophia

The reaction video is so incredible. Especially when Igor appears. It's like nobody expected him to return and then there he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom