• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

I still think there's a story behind that whole debacle that we'll never be privy to, so tend to give the benefit of the doubt. Same thing with Arena and Index shenanigans, honestly.

Give that benefit as often as you wish. Atlus, the publisher, disappoints me on a yearly basis.

I still think there's a story behind that whole debacle that we'll never be privy to, so tend to give the benefit of the doubt. Same thing with Arena and Index shenanigans, honestly.

No doubt, it's nonsense to think that Atlus USA just doesn't care, I'm sure that they're organising that stuff pretty early on but SMT IV going so long without even an update especially after P4 arena was crazy. The games taking so long to come over is bad enough, but a lack of communication after that long is even worse, fingers crossed PQ sets a new precedent.

The reaction video is so incredible. Especially when Igor appears. It's like nobody expected him to return and then there he was.

I fist pumped when I saw him, too!

1) Fuck yeah, Igor was cool!
2) Didn't know they were going against that "seiyuu dying means character is done" thing over there.
3) It wasn't Marie. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
07skNpW.jpg

vC4Ud18.png

FluxWaveZ

We've once again entered a period where we can expect regular Persona news, and I love it. There should be some cool stuff coming up this week.

FluxWaveZ

My guess is that all future Dancing videos will be posted on Friday, since most videos for the other games were released later in the week. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

I suppose we'll find out in just a few hours. We should be getting a P3M#3 update on Thursday.

FluxWaveZ

cool, i'll probably just splurge on them when i play the game. man, one of them was free during launch week and i didn't know. i got the game cheap so whatever

Both Marie and
Adachi
were free during launch week (along with the latter's story episode, of course).

Sophia

please if you read this message john hardin, don't forget europe regarding devil survivor 2 break record

please don't let this be another overclocked.

thanks for supporting, pls don't forget europe!

Can you imagine what it'd be like if you worked a job, and you went onto a forum, and read a bunch of posts where someone called you out with your full name in big bold letters? I mean, you've got this forum alias you use, and yet despite that, this person's message is SO IMPORTANT that it justifies being put in bold and using your real full name? Worst of all, it's a message that you technically support, but you can't do much about it because it's not your decision to make. So it's not like you can say anything of any real significance about it, right?

I dunno about you, but personally, I'd find someone like that pretty obnoxious. :p

Or, to put it in simpler terms: Chill dude, it'll come when it comes. Pestering Atlus USA employees with grandiose style messages is not going to make it happen faster.

MSMrRound

Or, to put it in simpler terms: Chill dude, it'll come when it comes. Pestering Atlus USA employees with grandiose style messages is not going to make it happen faster.

Agreed. As much as I feel for European brothers and sisters out there, let's not forget that John is from Atlus USA to begin with.

As much as he can try his best as European Atlus fans' unofficial community manager a PR manager to badger the higher ups etc when it comes to European related matters, ultimately, licensing/decisions and stuff like these might just be outside of his jurisdiction/scope of work.

I mean, hey...I always pester John about Atlus-related stuff for Asian countries e.g Singapore and while I appreciate him trying to help me with some of the questions, I do keep in my mind that he deals with a different region that I am from.

Just pointing it out cuz I don't really agree with how Birdie worded his post. I'm sure he didn't really mean it, but his follow-up post sounded kind of rude.

Can you imagine what it'd be like if you worked a job, and you went onto a forum, and read a bunch of posts where someone called you out with your full name in big bold letters? I mean, you've got this forum alias you use, and yet despite that, this person's message is SO IMPORTANT that it justifies being put in bold and using your real full name? Worst of all, it's a message that you technically support, but you can't do much about it because it's not your decision to make. So it's not like you can say anything of any real significance about it, right?

I dunno about you, but personally, I'd find someone like that pretty obnoxious. :p

Exactly this. He is nice enough to actually post here and on reddit and basically be quite open with the fanbase. I'm just glad it is getting released in a few months from now.

Kazzy

...On another totally unrelated subject - I require the European release of Persona 5, TOMORROW! Anything less will be met with judgmental glares!

VegiHam

Thanks!! I'm excited :) I beat P4G last week and loved it!

I decided last minute to play as the female MC.
You made the right choice. You're in for a treat. Though if you're planning on hooking up with dudes I'd probably say use a spoiler free guide to find out what to say and when, cus some of the choices are kinda unintuitive.

Andrefpvs

Absolutely this.

GamingBird, I understand how you feel. It really sucks loving Atlus games so much, yet feeling like you're barely an afterthought almost every single time.

However, Atlusprime is not responsible for that situation. On the contrary, he has, on many occasions, shown his solidarity towards European Atlus fans. I distinctly remember him being one of the people who most wanted to get SMT4 out for us.

I'm sure if he could flick a switch and fix all of Atlus's PAL problems, he would. He deserves all of our respect, and, most of all, to be addressed with tact in this community, where he is just another member amongst the rest of us.

Absolutely this.

GamingBird, I understand how you feel. It really sucks loving Atlus games so much, yet feeling like you're barely an afterthought almost every single time.

However, Atlusprime is not responsible for that situation. On the contrary, he has, on many occasions, shown his solidarity towards European Atlus fans. I distinctly remember him being one of the people who most wanted to get SMT4 out for us.

I'm sure if he could flick a switch and fix all of Atlus's PAL problems, he would. He deserves all of our respect, and, most of all, to be addressed with tact in this community, where he is just another member amongst the rest of us.

Dude, John is awesome.

Being from the UK/EU kinda sucks at times when it comes to games, mainly due to the laws over here and having to translate for a multitude of languages. So people should really understand that bringing games over here isnt as simple as just shipping them here.

But whenever I've wondered about any atlus product being available over here, I just ask John on twitter, and I dont think he's ever NOT responded! Sure, it may not always be the answer I was hoping for, but at least he doesnt leave me in the dark.

Hell, when I imported Ultimax, he even messaged me asking if I was able to get the free DLC in time!

Long story short, dude's awesome!

Kazzy

I can at least console myself, over the fact that I still haven't played my copy of SMT4, by excusing it is a show of solidarity with my European brethren!

Andrefpvs

Dude, John is awesome.

No argument here.

Being from the UK/EU kinda sucks at times when it comes to games, mainly due to the laws over here and having to translate for a multitude of languages. So people should really understand that bringing games over here isnt as simple as just shipping them here.

But I don't see how this excuses Atlus in any way, since most of their games come out here in English only anyway, and pretty much every other publisher seems to have no problems with our laws.

If you want stronger arguments, you could use difficulties with publishing and distributing the product, but ultimately this just highlights Atlus's unwillingness to invest in any substantial way in the European market.

But I don't see how this excuses Atlus in any way, since most of their games come out here in English only anyway, and pretty much every other publisher seems to have no problems with our laws.

If you want stronger arguments, you could use difficulties with publishing and distributing the product, but ultimately this just highlights Atlus's unwillingness to invest in any substantial way in the European market.

SMT IV is a great example, over a year after NA release, only English language and no retail version, download only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom