• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

1) Thanks everyone for the support -- means a lot :). But while I don't want anyone showing up at my house or anything, feel free to bug or pester all you want. Some feedback I have answers to, or at least can try to get/raise awareness of. Other feedback, the "defies all common sense" feedback (i.e. "why can't you port Etrian Odyssey to the Vita?" or "plz add P3MC to Ultimax,") tends to get ignored.

2) EU homies - I can certainly sympathize with your lack of information about upcoming titles. Here's the bottom line: there's a bunch of mitigating factors for us releasing a game to the EU region, and they change with every single game. It sucks a lot, but it's the current state of how it works for smaller, niche publishers. Certain things are just a bunch of WTF, like I'm not sure why the PQ 3DS theme isn't out in EU yet; NISA says they're working on it on their end, but no solid update yet :(

3) On the bright side, some EU announcements should be coming really damn soon for a few titles. It's not my place to make those announcements, but I politely bug our partners to make sure the info gets out in a timely fashion. Ultimately though, that timing is up to them.

4) Bottom line: if it were a matter of flipping a switch, I'd have it all squared away from the time we announce a game, but sadly, it's not. I'm doing my best to make sure upper management make EU distribution an earlier priority so you aren't left in limbo for so long, but my noisy insistence doesn't always have the pull I want it to internally. Just know that I'm trying.

so how soon until P4D is announced for NA? it's inevitable.

Andrefpvs

1) Thanks everyone for the support -- means a lot :). But while I don't want anyone showing up at my house or anything, feel free to bug or pester all you want. Some feedback I have answers to, or at least can try to get/raise awareness of. Other feedback, the "defies all common sense" feedback (i.e. "why can't you port Etrian Odyssey to the Vita?" or "plz add P3MC to Ultimax,") tends to get ignored.

2) EU homies - I can certainly sympathize with your lack of information about upcoming titles. Here's the bottom line: there's a bunch of mitigating factors for us releasing a game to the EU region, and they change with every single game. It sucks a lot, but it's the current state of how it works for smaller, niche publishers. Certain things are just a bunch of WTF, like I'm not sure why the PQ 3DS theme isn't out in EU yet; NISA says they're working on it on their end, but no solid update yet :(

3) On the bright side, some EU announcements should be coming really damn soon for a few titles. It's not my place to make those announcements, but I politely bug our partners to make sure the info gets out in a timely fashion. Ultimately though, that timing is up to them.

4) Bottom line: if it were a matter of flipping a switch, I'd have it all squared away from the time we announce a game, but sadly, it's not. I'm doing my best to make sure upper management make EU distribution an earlier priority so you aren't left in limbo for so long, but my noisy insistence doesn't always have the pull I want it to internally. Just know that I'm trying.

Gosh, I almost got all choked up reading this. Thanks John. I know you care, and let me tell you how grateful I am for that. You're awesome!

In the end, we are fans who love Atlus games so much. I think it's okay to ask to be loved back a little every now and then :)

Style

Banned

Woah, thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated!

VegiHam

Atlus doesn't hate Europe.

Atlus and Europe love each other very much but it's like this complicted long distance thing and there's a lot of tension and stuff keeps getting complicated and we thought it'd be simple and easy but we just keep screwing up and urgh maybe we should break up OH GOD I'm sorry baby I got you that SMTIV you wanted I'm really really sorry.

...or something.

It's really nice when company PR actually interacts with its community, thank you very much for all that you do!

FluxWaveZ

- Possibly the worst Persona related, official review out there via X-Play (Big Persona 3 spoilers). Their Persona 3 review wasn't all that great, either.

- Placeholder date for Persona 5 at ShopTo is "March 27, 2015."(Huh, that's a banned site? Heh, wonder why...)

Edit:

I should add my voice to those thanking you for being direct with us here.

It's awesome to see a PR person interacting with the community but it's also great to see such a genuine message. I really appreciate the work that's being done for the people in Europe and based on Persona Q and Ultimax it seems like the future is looking good, looking forward to seeing those other EU announcements.

LiK

Got my copy, thanks for the heads up. The folder was a nice bonus.

B_H2S3oWwAA75hh.jpg

LX_Theo

Banned
Actual quote from the P3 review.

"Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 wants you to know, suicide is cooooooool."

Holy shit, how did these people ever have jobs?

I think they were hired as comedy writers first and reviewers second.

Mind you, that is some pretty bad work even with. Might be good work for what their audience was.

Drop

Thank you for all you do for us, it's greatly appreciated.

- Possibly the worst Persona related, official review out there via X-Play (Big Persona 3 spoilers). Their Persona 3 review wasn't all that great, either.

There are no words to describe what I just saw...

- Placeholder date for Persona 5 at ShopTo is "March 27, 2015."(Huh, that's a banned site? Heh, wonder why...)

I want to say ShopTo was banned for something relating to leaked credit card information. That's an odd placeholder date, it obviously doesn't mean anything but it's odd for them to not use a December or 2015 placeholder.

Rewatching those reviews makes me embarrassed to have been such a huge fan of G4. Major spoilers, shitting on the music because it's not the typical JRPG style, and terrible jokes reminds me why I dropped the channel before they were finally shut down. Adam Sessler is still cool though.

DNAbro

So I finally finished Persona Q after 3 months.

Thoughts

The game is absolutely amazing and amazingly frustrating at the same time. The puzzles are great but my fucking god I got annoyed at some of them. The reason I kept having to take breaks was the puzzles and the encounter rates, I would just get a bit frustrated and tired and had to put it away for awhile. Once I got to the final dungeon I didn't stop cause I was too invested.

Also I really liked Rei's and Zen's back-story. I expected it was something like that with Rei and the whole bit about her past was incredibly sad. Game got really depressing real quick.

The ending of the game overall gave me the same feeling that I had when I finished Persona 4 where I was incredibly sad and happy to see these characters go. Some of the character interactions were absolutely incredible, especially loved Ken's and Kanji's interactions. Also really liked how the game made it clear that the P4 group were close friends and the P3 group were more like co-workers but by the end everybody became more friendly.

Also Naoto + Impure Reach and Panic Circle OP. pls nerf

TL;DR

10/10 would play again. Also took me around 75 hours to beat, switch from Normal to Easy during the 4th labyrinth. Final team for the boss being P4MC, Aigis, P3MC, Yukari and Zen.

PK Gaming

1) Thanks everyone for the support -- means a lot :).

Right back at you

I can't put into words how much I appreciate your active presence in this thread/Twitter. It's that extra level of direct communication that makes you a super awesome PR guy.

The eventualy P4D/P5's release is going to be CRAZY hectic, but please continue to put up with us!

We announced it last year in late feb! not sure when we'll start rolling out localized assets though. Soon, I hope. I'm dangerously hyped for P4D.

thank you so much for letting us know, I'm so happy when you said a few Atlus USA titles will be announced soon for EU, so excited!!! finally!!! no more 1 year waits for devil survivor YES!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - i am sorry if others thought i sounded really disgenuine but i hold so such feelings, but i will change my ways

Sophia

Ahaha. Yeah. I remember seeing that when it aired. Who thought that was acceptable to spoil something so massive?! ;_;

When's Jack Bros 3DS? :p

Seriously tho, you're awesome. It's nice to have someone who's so chill about this stuff.

Xenoflare

Quick P3P question if that's okay!! :)

Does the gender you pick for Igor's assistant matter at all?

Thanks friends <3

Ultimately?
Not really, gameplay wise Liz and Theo are exactly the same. The sidequest progression is the same too.

Also I've been out for a while due to school. I feel a bit overwhelmed by how fast everything moves here.

Ultimately?
Not really, gameplay wise Liz and Theo are exactly the same. The sidequest progression is the same too.

Also I've been out for a while due to school. I feel a bit overwhelmed by how fast everything moves here.

Okay! That's what I was thinking :) thank you so much!!

CorvoSol

Quick P3P question if that's okay!! :)

Does the gender you pick for Igor's assistant matter at all?

Thanks friends <3

When doing Femside I always pick Theo.

Because oh my God Theo is so good in P3P and then he's suddenly a loser everywhere else in the franchise.

Jintor

One thing PQ taught me was that random encounters going away was a good thing

fuck random encounters

even if you have a big on-screen indicator that says "SOON you will get a RANDOM ENCOUNTER" i still hate it

I want to say ShopTo was banned for something relating to leaked credit card information. That's an odd placeholder date, it obviously doesn't mean anything but it's odd for them to not use a December or 2015 placeholder.

I was officially "Winter 2014" once upon a time, yar? Perhaps ShopTo simply hasn't updated.

Because oh my God Theo is so good in P3P and then he's suddenly a loser everywhere else in the franchise.
Theo is awesome on his own but rules of comedy dictates that he must be at the bottom of jokes when paired up with any of his sisters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You mean an adorkable loser.

There's a difference.

The difference being that I want to pinch his cute little cheeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom