• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know which Junpei I want more: Rocketbat riding Junpei, Yakuza Junpei with mecha car(should be the motorcycle robot from the naoto novel :D ), or rockstar Junpei with a Chihiro groupie. I want ALL of them...

Ha, to be clear, Chidori is clearly not a fan of open shirt, top hat wearing, rockstar Junpei (i.e. >_>). The Junpei in the mech suit is less Yakuza looking than the others (though he still has a tuxedo and sunglasses). Hm, I'll take a pic of just one; this shouldn't be significant enough to count as a scan:

[removed]

Actually, on second thought, I'll be safer than sorry. Might post a few on my Twitter account if I get to it, maybe.

And you guys mean Chidori right? Not Chihiro, the librarian? What does Chihiro have to do with Junpei?

Oh yeah, that's her name!

kewlmyc

Think I'll order the PQ and Ultimax art books soon. Might be wise to wait until after Christmas so they don't get lost in the post, though?

Order EMS shipping and you don't have to worry about that.

Anyway, I'm shocked with how badass Junpei was supposed to be. Wonder why they settled with a junior league baseball coach?

And you guys mean Chidori right? Not Chihiro, the librarian? What does Chihiro have to do with Junpei?

Gazoinks

Finally got it:

So, because there had been a lack of interesting scans/pics after the initial Ken and Koromaru ones (plus Sho), I had thought there might not be much else of note in here regarding concepts, but boy was that wrong. They planned for some crazy shit in this game, before settling down a bit.

pan-hime posted a sample version of this on her Twitter, but there was actually a concept design for Ken with Koromaru dog ears and a tail. Interestingly, there's nothing much for Yukari, but Junpei had some crazy ish going on; four entire pages of beta designs for him. There's one where he drives around in a car and, to fight, the car transforms into a mech suit. Originally, it seems like Junpei might have actually been designed to be nothing less than a complete badass. A lot of his concepts have him looking like some sort of yakuza dude, with sunglasses, the hair, his poses and the superior/menacing smirk. His clothes were also of that sort, wearing expensive looking black suits and fashion accessories. Even one of his concept's weapon is an Eikichi style suitcase which is actually a guise for a machine gun.

Junpei's got a bunch of other ones, like a baseball bat that transforms into a rocket that Junpei rides on, or with him looking like a rock star complete with a guitar, alongside Chihiro who is side eyeing him.

There's a cool design of Mitsuru in "normal" clothing
kind of like she's in at the end of P4AU
(P4AU spoilers), but drawn with her rapier. It makes me want an Xrd style P4A game with a bunch of alternate outfits.

Woah. What could have been. This sounds pretty incredible.

WOW! Those Junpeis are a lot to take in!

We've got Saxy Junpei, Fro Junpei, Pimp Junpei, Black Junpei, Yakuza Junpei, Mecha Junpei, Biker Junpei..........

I really hope this artbook is translated eventually because I want it!

or I could learn Japanese, but you know...... thats hard

Makio

Fro Junpei,]

4758-719976247.png

Nap1400

Also the same person that continues to allow said leader to give them equipment even after he gives her the Battle Panties.

The same person that forces the leader to buy and maintain their equipment when she could probably buy the police station a million times over. :p

The same person that, despite corporate backing and police ties,
couldn't track down two vagrants at the head of a doomsday cult, both armed with highly illegal weapons.
Goddammit, Mitsuru.

FluxWaveZ

Anyway, I'm shocked with how badass Junpei was supposed to be. Wonder why they settled with a junior league baseball coach?

Considering the Ken/Koromaru concepts and the Junpei ones, it almost seems either their involvement in the story was going to be somewhat fantastical in nature or not even really them (going back to the different designs for Shadows theory). Either that, or Soejima just wanted to go as crazy as possible, before everyone decided that a more grounded approach was the best, maybe even after complaints regarding the Shadow Ops' somewhat outlandish designs in P4A.

And it surprises me just how many of Junpei's beta designs are of him appearing stylish or badass (with only a couple that are just straight up goofy); that was definitely the initial concept for his character that got scrapped for some reason. They're elaborate, too: he's got a design where he looks like the character meant to be more powerful, more stylish and who all the girls fall for compared to the shounen protagonist in an anime, complete with huge sword with thrusters that he seems to wield with ease and a steel plate on his back which reads "Kirijo."

Wish there was more for Yukari. Soejima couldn't have just gone "Featherman Pink, done." (By the way, Junpei also has a design with a Featherman logo on his belt) Maybe there'll be more for hers in the P4A3 art book, heh, since this one has a bunch of new concept art for previous characters that weren't in the P4A art book.

arue

Furry Ken and Disco Junpei lol.

Badass dark-skinned Junpei would be interesting as a final design, but it would be very out of character for him to be like that.

Edit: I'd have no problem with Ken on the top left corner, with the longer hair and orange sweater underneath his jacket. He looks better with the bangs covering his forehead like that too.

CorvoSol

Froskpei is what got me, PK, StarSketch and Buddha through many a darkened half hour of Trinity Soul.

You're right. Always assumed she was a librarian since most of her social link was either at the library or the bookstore iirc. That and I haven't fully played through FeMC's route.

You totally should. I can't even imagine playing P3 without FeMC route now, hahaha. I'm almost done with my second playthrough of the game, which is technically my 3rd and 4th playthroughs. I really love that P3P has enough party members that I can do it and the game feels more or less like a simultaneous, but unique game on both sides as a result.

Some day I guess I should also play The Answer.

The same person that forces the leader to buy and maintain their equipment when she could probably buy the police station a million times over. :p

In Mitsuru's defense that police station contains an unlimited supply of robot parts and dog clothes. There's no telling just how armed to the teeth Officer Kurosawa is. His unlimited supply of advanced weaponry is the real reason he got promoted in P4A.

Gazoinks

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about these Junpei designs. They're some pretty amazing stuff here. I understand why they toned it down, but all these concepts really make me wish they'd gone as balls-to-the-wall crazy as Soejima seemed to want to.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, nothing new for the countdown at 50 in Japan like with 55:
Didn't really expect something, especially less than a week after the first update, but I so wanted something. I did vote that I don't think there'll be anything new for P5 before the concert, though...

Predictions for remaining Persona news this year: release date for P4AU ver. 2.00, interview/comment about the future, and a new PSC episode announcement/release.

Makio

So many quotes of one simple image ....

The power of Trinity Soul is stronger in this fandom

Sarcasm ... but i liked the anime a little

Meia

The only thing that got many of us through that hot garbage was making it a community event. I know corvo and others did it a second time, but another group tried doing it a few months prior to that in a failed attempt(only got through maybe half). What a dreadful show.

That brings up a question: Persona 4 Golden the Animation or Persona: Trinity Soul, which was worse?

Ha, to be clear, Chidori is clearly not a fan of open shirt, top hat wearing, rockstar Junpei (i.e. >_>). The Junpei in the mech suit is less Yakuza looking than the others (though he still has a tuxedo and sunglasses). Hm, I'll take a pic of just one; this shouldn't be significant enough to count as a scan:
Can't believe Junpei has all those crazy designs lol And (P3 spoilers)
if there's a design with Chidori, I guess it means that her revival is canon?

Makio

That brings up a question: Persona 4 Golden the Animation or Persona: Trinity Soul, which was worse?

For me Trinity Soul is better , the Story is great in paper , but in the series the story had MUCH FILTER , stupid twists , and an ending so scrawny and indifferent

Have likeable caracthers , some of them at least but lack depth (Moriiiiimoootooo no .... ) That episode makes feel a little sad.

For the others things : Akihiko is a pussy , so many references no make... The Persona are evil ... seriously. They twist the story and concepts of the game so badly, seems they no play P3.

In a side note , Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice had great tracks in the soundtrack ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96j3qNIy1fU

The only thing that got many of us through that hot garbage was making it a community event. I know corvo and others did it a second time, but another group tried doing it a few months prior to that in a failed attempt(only got through maybe half). What a dreadful show.

Trinity Soul. Oh God, it has to be Trinity Soul. P4GA was tolerable at points, and I legitimately enjoyed at least 2-3 episodes. On the other hand, sometimes I still have nightmares about Trinity Soul.
I can't even look at whales anymore.

Xenoflare

I have to watch Trinity Souls then, I need to see it with my own eyes if something that's even more horrible than having Marie plastered everywhere.

Makio

I can't even look at whales anymore.

Why in the series no appear a fucking whale at all ... hahaha

i cant even look at feathers anymore ... that shit appaers even in my drinks hahaha

At least they tried to make something original , but p4g is likeable because the P4 cast and p4 story is fucking great something the world of Trinity Soul not have.

CorvoSol

Are you guys saying Trinity Soul is worse than the P4GA anime? Hmmm might watch this to find out what everyone is talking about.

Hold on hold on hold on.

Nobody is saying Trinity Soul is worse than the Marie4TheMariedenAniMarietion.

At least Trinity Soul was funny if you enjoy hurting yourself. Marie the AniMarietion is an affront to both fans of Persona 4 and people who liked Marie without forming a sickening cult to her the way FFXIII fans do.

If Trinity Soul has nothing good about it and several things bad about it, The Marieden has nothing good and several things utterly evil about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom