• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubedo

I just feel like Pursuing My True Self ties in better to the overall story than Shadow World does.

Dont get me wrong, I know they both have similar lyrical content, and like you said, Persona 4 is all about friendships, and Shadow World portrays that really well. But Pursuing not only has that, but also encompasses the themes of media influence and, as evidenced in the title, being true to oneself.

Not to mention friendship is not the central theme. Friendship is important to P4 but the main theme is definitely seeking the truth rather than accepting a convenient lie. Shadow World does touch on the truth thing but more in a general sense. The original theme makes it more about the truth of the self.

Mdesilva

1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?
Since everyone's doing this and I haven't been posting much…

1) Yukari, and it's not even a contest
2) Persona 4 Golden… though it's close. P3P and P4AU are very close to it in my mind (but I like Ultimax for very different reasons than I like the other two games). I could easily see myself saying P3 instead if you asked me on another day.
3) The Battle for Everyone's Souls
4) http://youtu.be/PvOOu4uJE08
5) Thanatos
6) Yukari (runner-up being Rise)
7) I didn't really like it. She seems really annoying lol

Levito

Banned
1) What is your favorite persona character? Yukiko
2) favorite persona game? Persona 4
3) favorite persona song? Changes often, probably Battle For Everyone's Souls
4) favorite persona scene? P3's ending
5) favorite persona? Trumpeter
6) favorite s.link? Hermit from P3
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer? Still don't like her design much, fun trailer though.

1) What is your favorite persona character? Yukiko
2) favorite persona game? Persona 4
3) favorite persona song? Changes often, probably Battle For Everyone's Souls
4) favorite persona scene? P3's ending
5) favorite persona? Trumpeter
6) favorite s.link? Hermit from P3
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer? Still don't like her design much, fun trailer though.

I thought the Hermit S.link was pretty easily the best in P3, the last few ranks and the post-S.link maxing scene if you
confront Ms. Toriumi in the faculty room
were all great.

The hermit S link in P3 is a really cool idea, I'd love to see them revisit the idea of an S link that isn't a face to face interaction.
The payoff at the end of the game is great as well.

How so? Persona is all about friendships man.
Golden's opening only fits better if your take away from P4 was as shallow as possible.

P4's original opening hits all of the high points that Golden's does and actually spends time setting up the game's actual theme. Golden hits "happy fun times with friends" and spends basically no time actually telling you what the game is actually about.

FluxWaveZ

It is good to see that Atlus seem to be putting a focus on gaining new talent, I wonder if we might end up seeing a Persona game in a few years without Hashino, Soejima or Maguro in major roles, like Atlus did with SMT IV.

I just read Flux's article on his website and Atlus sounds like a really a great company to work with. It's good to hear that new recruits like N.K gets a chance to contribute her ideas to the main game and I wonder what would be the game that H.I. have been working on.

I like how who I presume to be Nanako Kobayashi straight up says she wants to one day be in a leadership role for a new game. Dunno why, but I feel like I should expect cool things from her in the future. It'd be nice to see her become an important person within Atlus.

H.I.'s cool too. I feel like him praising SMTIII and mentioning the dark atmosphere of the Atlus RPGs he grew up with might be hinting at what he's working on.

That second project sounds interesting. there was a composer that said Atlus was working on a surprising unannounced project last year too: http://www.*****************/2014/04/30/atlus-teases-unannounced-and-surprising-game-in-development/. That would line up with it being novel. looking forward to seeing what that is now. Nice find.

Here was the GAF thread on that. Since then, the Atlus games that have been announced were:

- Etrian Odyssey Untold II
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon
- Etrian Odyssey V

Unless SMTxFE is internally being referred to as "unannounced" until it resurfaces, I think the only one of those three that could be "surprising" is EMD. He hasn't been involved with EO, though, so that would be surprising. I think you're right, and it's likely that the "surprising" project and H.I.'s thing could be the same.

So what I'm getting from H.Iさん's interview is that he's a programmer who's working on the "field team" on his ongoing project, alongside the UI team and the battle team. He describes his role as being related to the "basic screens for character action", such as going to shops and initiating battles, and he works closely with the UI team so that the visual elements are well implemented. He's actually still working on the same project he has been since he started working for Atlus, so it's a game that's been in development since at least 2013 and hasn't been announced yet. It's also an RPG, and he says something about its content being novel.

Cool, this makes way more sense than what Google Translate was giving me last night. Sounds like H.I. is in a pretty cool position too, especially since whatever he's working on is completely unknown to us right now. It'll be cool to find out what that project is, whenever that happens.

1) Best girl Lisa Silverman.
2) Persona 4: Golden
3) Tie between Snowflakes (powder snow mix), and Fate Is in Our Hands
4) Mystery Food X
5) Tie between White Rider, and Vulcanus
6) (Persona 4: Golden spoilers)
Adachi
7) I give it a meat/10

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1. Chie. Love everything about her, appearance, personality, skill set, personas, EVERYTHING!
2. P4G
3. Blues in Velvet Room
Chidori's death from P3P "BURN IN HELL!!"
5. Suzuka Gongen.
6. In P3, Akinari. In P3P, Saori. In P4, Nanako/Dojima (I class it as one link spread over 2 arcana)
7. Meaty Heifer........that is all.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1. Marie. *burns*
2. Golden
3. Snowflakes/Changing seasons
That ski-trip where you get lost with someone./ kings game.
5. Yoshitsune
6. Naoto
(cause if you romance her, she'll wear that girls yoso' uniform)
7. eh/10

muteki

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Yukiko
2) Golden
3) tough, but probably Heaven.
4) probably Kings Game
5) Thoth is the best.
6) Mutatsu from P3, or Akinari.
7) I hope they try and give her a proper backstory, given so little we have seen of her character previously, and she isn't just there to look pretty and never be heard of again. That's probably what will happen though.

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Junpei. No contest at all.
2) Persona 4 Golden. More content, improved gameplay and portability make the best game in the series even better
3) The Person is Then Called Away From War
4) The aftermath of
Ameno-Sagiri's defea
t in P4. I honestly would've been satisfied if the game ended right there. My runner-up is the events of 12/31 in P3.
5) If we're talking generic Personae, then Seth. If we're talking character-specific Personae, then either Trismegistus, Izanagi-no-Okami or Takeji Zaiten
6) A tie between Junpei and Shinji in P3P
7) It was just as unapologetically dumb as I expected, and I'm really excited to see how dumb Kanamin's role in the game is because I enjoy chuckling at dumb things.

Dantis

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Marie
2) Persona 4 Arena
3) Persona Revelations battle theme
4) Second hot springs scene
5) Mara
6) Marie
7) Kawaii.

It'd be the Dark Souls of cop dramas if we didn't already have True Detective.

Does Dark Souls also have an incredible lead up to an incredibly unsatisfying ending? :p

Also he was referencing Hiimdaisy. Not sure if you were aware or not. Or at least I think he was.

VegiHam

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
1) Yosuke. Japan knows what I'm talking about.
2) Persona 4 Golden. It's also my favourite anything game
3) Way of Life or Heartful Cry
4) Shinjiro cooking for SEES in P3P
5) Mara
Loki
6) Ai Ebihara's
7) "Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh." I don't like her right now; which naturally means she'll probably grow on me as the game goes on. As long as there's a point to the fanservice anyway.

Andrefpvs

1) Marie
2) Persona 4 Arena
5) Mara
6) Marie
7) Kawaii.

Gooby++car+suspicious.PNG

PK Gaming

1) Marie
2) Persona 4 Arena
5) Mara
6) Marie
7) Kawaii.

Lol.

Okay, I've decided. I'm going take a crack at posting what your actual list looks like.

I'm Dantis now.

Dantis said:
1) Yosuke or Yukari
2) Persona 4
3) Battle for everyone's soul is really excellent.
4) Persona 4's true ending
5) Konohana Sakuya
6) Saori's social link. So, so much.
7) Very bad. I do not like Kanamin at all.

Now do me ♪

cj_iwakura

Does Dark Souls also have an incredible lead up to an incredibly unsatisfying ending? :p

As a matter of fact,
it does!

I'm assuming this will skew hugely in one direction(and I'm totally okay with that given my preference), but silly discussion fodder:

300px-Naoki_Kashima_render.png

VS

Persona_3_Elizabeth_2.jpg

Arguably the two most fearsome optional bosses in SMT, excluding maybe DDS2's Satan(who took me a fraction of the time). Who would come out ahead?

Consider the following:

The Demi-Fiend

• Endless army of demons.
  • Gets deadlier the closer he is to death.
  • Massive, ever-changing elemental resistances.
  • Eats gods for breakfast.
  • Is Lucifer's top general.

Elizabeth

• Endless army of Personae.
  • Equally resistant to all kinds of magic, AND physicals.
    (And unlike Hitoshura, earth isn't that useful against her, either.)
  • Doesn't need demons to take on gods.
  • Has a literally endless supply of money.
  • Arguably the sharper dresser.

(As far as actual difficulty goes, due to sheer BS- it's easily Hitoshura.
So, we're talking in universe terms.)

Who would come out ahead?

Consider the following:

The Demi-Fiend

• Endless army of demons.
  • Gets deadlier the closer he is to death.
  • Massive, ever-changing elemental resistances.
  • Eats gods for breakfast.
  • Is Lucifer's top general.

Elizabeth

• Endless army of Personae.
  • Equally resistant to all kinds of magic, AND physicals.
    (And unlike Hitoshura, earth isn't that useful against her, either.)
  • Doesn't need demons to take on gods.
  • Has a literally endless supply of money.
  • Arguably the sharper dresser.

(As far as actual difficulty goes, due to sheer BS- it's easily Hitoshura.
So, we're talking in universe terms.)

Considering how important a good breakfast is for a successful day, I'd probably say the Demi-Fiend.

On a more serious note, I think it could arguably go either way, since the worlds they're in seem to define power in slightly different ways. (Keep in mind I'm a casual scrub who hasn't yet beaten Nocturne.) Particularly with the emphasis on bonds in Persona, and how they open you up to new powers. With this in mind though, I'd still say Demi-Fiend would win, because what I know of Nocturne paints him as somewhat equivalent to the power of bonds in Persona. He starts as a small fry, but he has tons to potential to grow stronger right from the start, without any set limits. Elizabeth has tons of power right at the start, but (P4 Arena)
only recently had the chance to start gaining more.

If nothing else, Demi-Fiend became a god by the time Oreshika came around.

Andrefpvs

Well now I just feel silly.

When I was 12 (this was 49 years ago), I had no idea what "LOL" stood for.

I bravely walked (this is a metaphor) into a random chat room, and timidly asked:

"Excuse me, everyone. I realise this may sound very stupid, but what does 'LOL' mean?"

And you know what everyone said, Weiss? Do you?

"Laughing out loud"

So rude of them. The internet is a bunch of jerks!

FluxWaveZ

In other news, for anyone who missed it, Famitsu's latest list of most wanted games. Persona 5 (PS3) takes second place, Persona 5 (PS4) takes fifth and Persona 4: Dancing All Night takes 13th. Essentially, P5 is still the most anticipated game releasing this year among the Famitsu reader voters, and it might surpass FFXV once its release date looms in.

Also, timeline!
2013: Development of "innovative RPG" ongoing.
January 5, 2014: "A year of preparation for Team Maniax; people might think we left office or died." — Issen Yamai
April 30, 2014: "Surprising, unannounced title" referred to by SMTIV composer. — Kenichi Tsuchiya.
July 29, 2014: "Brand new IP in the works." — Naoto Hiraoka
December 9, 2014: "We have some other unannounced games that aren't Persona 5." — Shoji Meguro
March 6, 2015: "Unannounced, innovative RPG currently being worked on that fans will hopefully like." — H.I.

Sophia

I think Naoto
doesn't look that great with the Yasogami High uniform. The Gekkoukan and Sherlock Holmes outfits are better on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom