• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

I think Naoto
doesn't look that great with the Yasogami High uniform. The Gekkoukan and Sherlock Holmes outfits are better on her.
I wish Naoto
had gotten the male Gekkoukan uniform instead... If you know me you'll know why ;)

Sophia

I wish Naoto
had gotten the male Gekkoukan uniform instead... If you know me you'll know why ;)

Your line of logic is incredibly sound, but I ask you this very important question....

... why not both? :D

Every member of the cast should have had access to both male and female uniforms for both schools. The hilarity would be awesome!

I've been in the 2nd block in P3P, just beginning the month of June! I'm really loving the game so far :'). Level grinding is sorta slow, but I love the characters. :)

Meia

I've been in the 2nd block in P3P, just beginning the month of June! I'm really loving the game so far :'). Level grinding is sorta slow, but I love the characters. :)

The game does a good job of letting you know if you're ready for what's to come. Essentially, if you've reached the end of a block before a new big boss fight, you're good to go.

The game does a good job of letting you know if you're ready for what's to come. Essentially, if you've reached the end of a block before a new big boss fight, you're good to go.

Yep, I've noticed that too! :) I just finished the second full moon event!

Ahnez

.. Yes..

With the exception of
the first half of Tziah

:p

Moonlight

Banned
1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?
Might as well throw my hat into the ring as I haven't been here in quite some time.

1) Yukari Takeba. My first instinct told me Rise, but as much as I really like her, I can't give it to anyone else in good conscience. Yukari is just a fantastic character, and one of a handful of characters that felt distinctly human among P3's cast of otherwise somewhat larger than life personalities (or lack of personalities at all, zing!). The only other main character to share that distinction, of course, being Junpei. Yukari and Michelle Ruff's excellent performance as her really set my impression of the game from the start, and her character arc was something I really took away from the game when all was said and done. Yukari rocks.
2) Persona 4 Golden. People can gripe about the added fanservice and nerfed difficulty, and to an extent, I can understand, but Golden is still the definitive way to experience the best installment of the series.
3) This is a little hard. I'd have to go with... Time, from Persona 3 Portable, which generally has my favourite music of any Persona game ever. A lot of games ever, actually. Kimi no Kioku and Heaven sit a little under it by my estimation.
4)
5) Kaguya. I don't like Marie particularly, but Kaguya was always a really nice reward for maxing her out. I love the sci-fi alien aesthetic to it. It just looks really sharp. If not Kaguya, I'll cheat just a little and say Arsene from P5.
6) I'm gonna say Junpei's. It was such a fantastic insight towards his character and just felt like tons of fun to pursue. I loved Ai's as well, and I think I'll also mention Maya as a standout from P3 (which didn't exactly have tons of standouts!) as a really creative social link where the context of your meet-ups really helped ground the character.
7) Horrific.

Sallokin

Amazon just dropped this off

Kzz9Y95.jpg

Finally got that legit as hell "Fate is in Our Hands" track.

Acosta

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Mitsuru *bow to the queen*
2) P3P. Persona 4 Golden does everything better, but characters and story makes me go for P3
3) Hard to say, but have a weakness for "When the Moon's Reaching out Stars"
4) Persona 4 True's Ending
5) Helel
6) Kou (best bro) and had a lot of fun with Elizabeth in P3.
7) Someone must burn those "trousers".

Lusankya

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) This is difficult, I can't decide. I say Aigis, Kanji and Yukiko.
2) Persona 4 Golden
3) Interstice of Time. Such an awesome progressive track, I especially love when it finally switches to the last part. I hear it all the time.
4) The "Hidden Camera" scenes in P3FES, especially Yukari's scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIMSoE08Fqs
5) Black Frost.
6) P4G, Jester
7) Pretty good, like her voice actress and hair.

kiyoaki

Finally had my Persona Magazine in the mail last saturday. While it contained no information on P5 that I didn't already know by then, I have to say it's rather pretty. There's something about semi-glossily printed screenshots that doesn't come through on a computer screen.

Since the next issue of the magazine has already been announced for "early summer," I suppose it would make sense for Atlus to time the next big slew of P5 revelations to coincide with that. So we'll get more information in... early June, perhaps?

FluxWaveZ

Since the next issue of the magazine has already been announced for "early summer," I suppose it would make sense for Atlus to time the next big slew of P5 revelations to coincide with that. So we'll get more information in... early June, perhaps?

Much like issue #2014 September, I believe the next issue will probably release on June 25th and will be an issue which heavily focuses on P4D, potentially with exclusive DLC for it. That said, June 25th is also when the special P5 Blu-ray movie is released, and I've always thought new information for the game would be publicized before that date. I still think the release date for Persona 5 will be announced next month.

Kinda makes me wish I went with Amazon Japan for my purchase, since I'll be getting mine tomorrow at the earliest.

Finally had my Persona Magazine in the mail last saturday. While it contained no information on P5 that I didn't already know by then, I have to say it's rather pretty. There's something about semi-glossily printed screenshots that doesn't come through on a computer screen.

I suspect that the next issue will be more Dancing All Night themed, since we've had a Q and an Ultimax themed one, so the timing of it will be around DAN's release. Hopefully we'll get more P5 info earlier than that.

Nice, mine just dispatched too, hoping it doesn't take too long to arrive. Too late for me now, but does it have English subtitles?

Sallokin

Kinda makes me wish I went with Amazon Japan for my purchase, since I'll be getting mine tomorrow at the earliest.

Amazon Japan is stupid good with their delivery times and packaging. Where I live even in far west Tokyo, my packages usually arrive around noon.

I suspect that the next issue will be more Dancing All Night themed, since we've had a Q and an Ultimax themed one, so the timing of it will be around DAN's release. Hopefully we'll get more P5 info earlier than that.

Nice, mine just dispatched too, hoping it doesn't take too long to arrive. Too late for me now, but does it have English subtitles?

It most certainly does. Just finished watching it.

Style

Banned
Amazon Japan is stupid good with their delivery times and packaging. Where I live even in far west Tokyo, my packages usually arrive around noon.

It most certainly does. Just finished watching it.

Wait, the official releases come with English subtitles?!

kiyoaki

Much like issue #2014 September, I believe the next issue will probably release on June 25th and will be an issue which heavily focuses on P4D, potentially with exclusive DLC for it. That said, June 25th is also when the special P5 Blu-ray movie is released, and I've always thought new information for the game would be publicized before that date. I still think the release date for Persona 5 will be announced next month.
Ok, that makes sense. A release date announcement before the end of next month would be great for me since I need to plan my vacation for the year until then.

PK Gaming

The reason why I was so disappointed with the P4AU art book.

Had I known they were gonna release a mega art book, I might have held off... Probably not, though.

Talk about a bombshell. I'm very, very, very interested in seeing the developer commentary on the character movesets, as well as the interviews. It's a shame it's going to take a while before it's fully translated (assuming it does get translated)

FluxWaveZ

Talk about a bombshell. I'm very, very, very interested in seeing the developer commentary on the character movesets, as well as the interviews. It's a shame it's going to take a while before it's fully translated (assuming it does get translated)

It'd be pointless to localize the P4AU art book with this coming out, and it'd be cool if Udon picked this up instead. This one sounds like a particularly massive Persona art book and, in stark opposition to the P4AU art book—which had very close to zero text—this sounds like it will have a ton of interesting new developer info through commentary and interviews. Sucks that we'll have to wait a long while to get it, if ever.

I bet they'll be talking about whatever future the series potentially has in it, too.

bonercop

Did it get mention that there is a ridiculous amountof P5 cosplay out there? Because there is a ridiculous amount of P5 cosplay out there.

LiK

Man, going back and playing P3FES really shows how great Soejima is at character designs. If only they did a remaster like P4G, that would be pretty great. Probably never happen but one can hope.

Meia

Man, going back and playing P3FES really shows how great Soejima is at character designs. If only they did a remaster like P4G, that would be pretty great. Probably never happen but one can hope.

As long as the movies keep coming out, there's always a chance(still think it'd be neat for the last movie post credit sequence to be a new P3 game reveal). Then again, who knows what they'll have in the pipeline even a year from now after P5 is released. :D

LiK

As long as the movies keep coming out, there's always a chance(still think it'd be neat for the last movie post credit sequence to be a new P3 game reveal). Then again, who knows what they'll have in the pipeline even a year from now after P5 is released. :D

is the third movie the last one? i'm excited to check them out after I finish the game.

Sallokin

is the third movie the last one? i'm excited to check them out after I finish the game.

I believe there will be 5 movies now? I think at one time it was just 4. Someone feel free to correct me. I vaguely remember reading an article about them expanding scope.

I believe there will be 5 movies now? I think at one time it was just 4. Someone feel free to correct me. I vaguely remember reading an article about them expanding scope.

I don't think they've ever actually said how many movies there will be. I believe that the idea that there will be 5 comes from a stamp card or something like that included with the first bluray.

Meia

Ahhhh gotcha, maybe that's what I'm thinking of then.

That is where people got it from. We'll know better how many movies there will probably be depending on where movie 3 finishes up. Though I guess if it doesn't get to the end, we'll guess the Journey will be wrapped up in the 4th, and then the final movie will be the Answer(man I hope they do this one). If the last movie is the Answer, we can tell people that no, they don't have to bother playing it OR youtubing it, just watch the movie. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom