• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Shadow Pulling is pretty much what it sounds like. It's people literally pulling out their Shadows for a good feeling. It's also pretty much a hilariously unfortunate metaphor for drugs, sex, and whathaveyou. :p

Shadow pulling is when the girls leave the room and you turn to your bro and start unzipping his pants cuz you need it that bad

PK Gaming

If those parts aren't Dick Park, Shadow Pulling, and the hilarious robot slut shaming episode then I dunno.

I can't judge whether things were executed properly or whether it had good ideas or not because it was just so damn obtuse most of the time.

Don't forget about the legendary Tomato Soup scene. And brain transplants.

Goddamn, we gotta re-watch Trinity Souls 5 years from now.

CorvoSol

Don't forget about the legendary Tomato Soup scene. And brain transplants.

Goddamn, we gotta re-watch Trinity Souls 5 years from now.

I don't know if we'll be mentally prepared enough 5 years from now. I mean, I could hire two therapists to help me, but in the end nobody can really help you

Style

Banned
Not sure if it has been posted, but Dengeki got some high quality screenshots of the Gekkoukan and P4G epilogue DLC costumes: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/018/1018171/

mijfrvy.jpg
uJz1qkW.jpg
uGgXtCz.jpg

JrIYUVa.jpg
3aCuRrY.jpg
YG72EvT.jpg

MSMrRound

1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?

1) Yukari Takeba
2) Persona 3 FES
3) pre-P4G: Battle for Everyone's Souls. Post-P4G: Snowflakes
4) Persona 3's ending
5) Thanatos
6) Persona 3's Sun social link Akinari
7) When's Naoto's.

Style

Banned
Hello everyone, I'm kajigoddess, and I hope to post many fun and interesting things here. Some of you may have seen me in the IRC, but I only got my account approved yesterday. (Yes, I am the same kajigoddess behind the Persona X Detective Naoto fanfiction from earlier.)

I'm still fairly new to the Persona fandom, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for a couple of seriously lucky incidents which have only motivated me to dive further into it. While attending last year's Comic-Con, I happened to meet the voice actresses behind Chie and Naoto (Erin Fitzgerald and Valerie Arem). It suffices to say that they were the reason I bought Persona Q.

I also attended Taiyou Con earlier this year, where the first Persona music concert in North America happened. Nothing else could really compare to the experience of waving a glowstick around and dancing wildly to the music... I wonder if anyone else here went...

Go ahead, ask me anything you please.

I see you finally got accepted on the forums! Welcome Kaji!

--R

Banned
1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?

1) Minako
She's canon in my heart
2) P4G
3) A Way of Life
4) Final scene of Persona 4. So many feels.
5) Jack Frost
6) Saori
7) Oh god, I hate the original costume. And the voice. 2/10.

Hey has anyone seen the PQ mangas yet. I just realized they're on the Crunchyroll manga roster. (Though they're only for premium members. :( )

Rubedo

I hate that the Epilogue outfits are DLC. You'd think that since this takes place after the Epilogue they'd be in there by default.

FluxWaveZ

I've always had a subdued sense of contempt towards the female P3 protagonist, due to her association with P3P, and my significant preference towards the male protagonist.

Relatedly, I feel like Persona 6 will be the right time to have a female protagonist.

Weiss

Banned
So given some of the stated themes of the game in interviews, what do you think are the chances of seeing a transgender party member in P5? One of the main characters of Catherine was trans, so I'm hoping we'll see some more representation.

LX_Theo

Banned
So given some of the stated themes of the game in interviews, what do you think are the chances of seeing a transgender party member in P5? One of the main characters of Catherine was trans, so I'm hoping we'll see some more representation.

Don't know. How prominent is the condition as a societal issue in Japanese culture in the first place?

Stencil

Hey, I'm playing Persona 4 for the first time (on PS3, the original PS2 vers) and I like the story and setting a lot so far.

It seems more like a visual novel than a game... I know there are dungeon crawling sequences and battles, but other than dinner and that dream I had with the foggy apparition battle tutorial, I haven't been in control of my character whatsoever.

Is the game going to let me control my character more eventually? Like, roam the hallways at school, or go to Junes and peruse?

That being said, I'm happy to finally be venturing into the world of Persona. It's long been in my periphery.

Hey, I'm playing Persona 4 for the first time (on PS3, the original PS2 vers) and I like the story and setting a lot so far.

It seems more like a visual novel than a game... I know there are dungeon crawling sequences and battles, but other than dinner and that dream I had with the foggy apparition battle tutorial, I haven't been in control of my character whatsoever.

Is the game going to let me control my character more eventually? Like, roam the hallways at school, or go to Junes and peruse?

That being said, I'm happy to finally be venturing into the world of Persona. It's long been in my periphery.
there is A LOT of control, the beginning is just a lot of cut scenes

It opens up eventually it just has a slow start that takes a couple of hours to get going. Once you get to the meat of the game you'll be dealing with spreading time between dungeon crawling and interacting with the various character's in your party as well as taking part in various other activities. Generally you're limited to doing one thing during the day so a big part of the game is trying to balance out all of this stuff, stick with it as once it gets going it's a fantastic game.

Sophia

You get control starting from your second trip into the Castle. The game will give you a heads up notice telling you that you're now allowed to spend your days freely.

LX_Theo

Banned

The game has a sort of infamously slow opening. That's what you're experience. The game later on is all about dungeon crawling and time management

NichM

Banned
I'm going to assume if it is one, they don't address it much. But I bet if anyone could handle it tastefully(see: Catherine), it'd be Atlus.

Maybe don't be the one telling everyone how tasteful a portrayal is or not if you're not the one being portrayed.

Sophia

Maybe don't be the one telling everyone how tasteful a portrayal is or not if you're not the one being portrayed.

I should probably play Catherine just to see how the portrayal is. I've read the entire story to the game, but I've never actually played the retail product. Only the demo. ><

Gazoinks

I should probably play Catherine just to see how the portrayal is. I've read the entire story to the game, but I've never actually played the retail product. Only the demo. ><

Heh, likewise. I've heard mixed-to-positive reactions, so I'm curious how I'd feel about it. I also just need to play Catherine cause it looks good and everyone keeps telling me too. :p

Weiss

Banned
By and large Catherine's example was looked well upon, so I don't see a reason to think otherwise.

Erica
was an awesome character, but the game treated her status as a transwoman as a joke. She's implied to be experiencing the dreams (which exclusively involve men) and at the end of the game, her love interest discovers the truth and begs to be a virgin again.

The only reason she was lauded is because video games, by and large, have never had a trans character actually matter before, and she was still just a joke in the end.

cj_iwakura

Erica
was an awesome character, but the game treated her status as a transwoman as a joke. She's implied to be experiencing the dreams (which exclusively involve men) and at the end of the game, her love interest discovers the truth and begs to be a virgin again.

The only reason she was lauded is because video games, by and large, have never had a trans character actually matter before, and she was still just a joke in the end.

I think that says more about her love interest being an immature jerk(which he kind of is) than anything bad about her.

She outright says it, around day 6?

Sophia

Catherine spoilers in this post, ye have been warned!

Heh, likewise. I've heard mixed-to-positive reactions, so I'm curious how I'd feel about it. I also just need to play Catherine cause it looks good and everyone keeps telling me too. :p

Well, the subject in particular is relevant to me
being a transgender woman myself and all
, so I would like to see how it's portrayed in the game itself rather than just reading a cliffnotes version of all the spoilers. From what I've read, a couple of minor things strike me as being not so positive portrayals.
Specifically, the fact that Erica starts experiencing the nightmares despite the fact that they were only suppose to target men comes with some very unfortunate implications. Not to mention the fact that the credits and some of the artwork reference her by her birth name, which is usually frowned upon.

Day six, after she starts having a relationship with Toby. Again, the implications are very unfortunate.

cj_iwakura

Catherine spoilers in this post, ye have been warned!

Well, the subject in particular is relevant to me
being a transgender woman myself and all
, so I would like to see how it's portrayed. From what I've read, a couple of minor things strike me as being not so positive portrayals.
Specifically, the fact that Erica starts experiencing the nightmares despite the fact that they were only suppose to target men comes with some very unfortunate implications. Not to mention the fact that the credits and some of the artwork reference her by her birth name, which is usually frowned upon.

Catherine spoilers:

Mutton's reasoning for targeting victims was the explanation, but I could definitely see that being kind of an offensive slight on Erica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom