• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

I didn't do this earlier when everyone else was doing it so why not now?

1) What is your favorite persona character? Kanji, Troy Baker is life.
2) favorite persona game- Persona 4 Golden
3) favorite persona song - Heaven
4) favorite persona scene - Probably the whole new years sequence in Golden
5) favorite persona - Black Frost
6) favorite s.link - Dojima
7) What are your thoughts on the recent Persona news on P5 and P4DAN? - Every day without new info hurts.

cj_iwakura

Isn't Lost Dimension the game that was made by the company that helped make Strange Journey or am I thinking of something else?

Lancarse, so yes. It could be good, but it just seems... bland.

(Though I guess it's sad that I can't think of anything much better as of late that XS or NISA haven't grabbed, unless you count VNs and licensing hell.)

Lancarse, so yes. It could be good, but it just seems... bland.

(Though I guess it's sad that I can't think of anything much better as of late that XS or NISA haven't grabbed, unless you count VNs and licensing hell.)

Looking them up they seem to mainly just do grunt work on games other developers are working on. Is this there first original title?

OranSky

Banned
I suppose the best way to introduce myself here would be to fill out that questioner that's been floating around:

1) What is your favorite persona character?
A tough one for myself I suppose Fuuka.
2) favorite persona game
Persona 3 FES. Its the game that got me into the series and for other reasons for liking it over 4 golden.
3) favorite persona song
From the anime actually, Beauty of Destiny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgabwpHNj5M
4) favorite persona scene
When the investigation gang went on their school trip to Tatsumi Port Island.
5) favorite persona
Can't say I have one actually.
6) favorite s.link
Persona 3's Justice (Chihiro Fushimi).
7) What are your thoughts on the recent Persona news on P5 and P4DAN?
Its what I never knew I always wanted.

Nachos

Was there ever confirmation on whether the female party member's name was An, Anne, Anzu, or something else?
Isn't Lost Dimension the game that was made by the company that helped make Strange Journey or am I thinking of something else?
Looking them up they seem to mainly just do grunt work on games other developers are working on. Is this there first original title?
Yeah, from what I can tell, Lancarse did the majority of the grunt work for Etrian Odyssey 1/2, since there were only six Atlus Japan employees who made the game, and then they were brought back for Strange Journey, which used the same engine. Lost Dimension's their first original game, though apparently the critical reception was pretty lukewarm in Japan.

Sophia

Y'all need more faith in Atlus that Persona 5 is coming to North American in 2015 and that localization has totally started. BELIEVE~!

Was there ever confirmation on whether the female party member's name was An, Anne, Anzu, or something else?

No confirmation yet. We'll probably be waiting for spoken dialogue or for her name to be written in English.

If it is Anne, then the pronunciation of Takamäki should give it away too.

I suppose the best way to introduce myself here would be to fill out that questioner that's been floating around:

Certainly not the worst way to introduce yourself. Welcome.

DNAbro

Y'all need more faith in Atlus that Persona 5 is coming to North American in 2015 and that localization has totally started. BELIEVE~!

No confirmation yet. We'll probably be waiting for spoken dialogue or for her name to be written in English.

Certainly not the worst way to introduce yourself. Welcome.

I don't doubt that it's releasing this year at all. Considering it was supposed to out within the month(winter 2014), the PS4 version obviously delayed things a bit but I do think they are closer to finishing than some people think.

My guess we will get a new trailer with a release date on 5/5/15

Nachos

but she's not dating principle hanya
"Hey baby, let me take you to the top of the clock tower, where I can show off my sick PS1-era polygonal skills. Maybe I'll keep repeating the same two-frame walking animation in place to really woo you."

Okay, cool. Was just wondering if I've missed something, and yeah, while the next English trailer would probably codify things, I still wanna believe in Atlus USA. I don't know if belief is going to make a simultaneous worldwide release happen, but I don't think they've ever experienced a public delay.

Sophia

I don't doubt that it's releasing this year at all. Considering it was supposed to out within the month(winter 2014), the PS4 version obviously delayed things a bit but I do think they are closer to finishing than some people think.

My guess we will get a new trailer with a release date on 5/5/15

I actually wonder if the PS4 version was even responsible for the delay.... :p

Something in my gut wants me to stay idealistic and assume the PS4 version was already in the planning stages, and the delay wasn't caused by that.

Okay, cool. Was just wondering if I've missed something, and yeah, while the next English trailer would probably codify things, I still wanna believe in Atlus USA. I don't know if belief is going to make a simultaneous worldwide release happen, but I don't think they've ever experienced a public delay.

When I say written in English, I'm referring to promotional art from the Japanese version and stuff. Persona 3 and Persona 4 had a lot of that, where the names were written in English already.

cj_iwakura

"Hey baby, let me take you to the top of the clock tower, where I can show off my sick PS1-era polygonal skills. Maybe I'll keep repeating the same two-frame walking animation in place to really woo you."

Student-Teacher Relations!

(If you don't contact every boss in P2 for the voice-acted quips, you are so missing out.)

Musolf815

Late on this but here goes:

1) What is your favorite persona character? Yukiko. I just think she's neat. Also she reminds me a lot of my girlfriend, (except she's a talented chef unlike Yukiko).
2) favorite persona game - Persona 4 Golden. It makes me happy, quickly became my favorite game, and is my go to when I have anxiety problems, it really calms me down.
3) favorite persona song - Heartbeat, Heartbreak
4) favorite persona scene -
Either everyone in your party sacrificing themselves so you can fight Izanami then all the social links telling you to fight on, or the epilogue scene, my headcanon for it is P4MC is in Inaba for the next school year as well, but it'll actually be a peaceful year.
5) favorite persona - First one that comes to mind is Yamata no Orochi...
6) favorite s.link - Nanako or Yukari
P4DAN looks cute and fun, I like seeing the P4 cast in a more, I dunno is realistic the word? Not like they did in Persona 4.

Persona 5 is my absolute most anticipated game, and the new stuff about it makes it look even better than I was hoping. It's like Atlus combined my two favorite games, Persona and Sly Cooper, and made something amazing with it. I love the stylized menus, and I really love the "picaresque" angle they're taking with it. I wish I could have the game now!

I trust Atlus, didn't someone on here contact Atlus USA and say they were very confident Persona 5 would be localized this year?

Been listening to both P4 Arena and P4 Ultimax soundtracks on repeat for the past few days. I think I'm more partial to Arena's instrumental tracks over Ultimax, but I really enjoy the vocal tracks for both albums the same.

I should get around to uploading the Arena arrange album onto my phone one of these days too though...

Jachaos

Wow, there are quite a lot of changes in the Persona 3 Movie #2. It keeps it interesting beyond the great rendition of some key scenes too. I prefer the game but for a movie's need of a condensed, pre-set storyline without any choices, the plot works well.

Late to the party, but here's mine.

Favorite persona character: Naoto and FeMC - P3 spoilers FeMC
actually saved Shinjiro
Favorite persona game: P4 Golden
Favorite persona song: Memories of You (Strawberry's English version)
Favorite persona scene: P4A spoilers
Labrys's scenes with Unit 42. I cried when Labrys was forced to kill her.
Favorite persona: Thanatos
Favorite slink: Aigis
Thoughts on P5 and P4DAN: Excited, buying both, though I'm going to university next year so I'll most likely have to settle with watching P5 playthroughs. Watching out for that true ending.

I haven't posted on the forum for ages, this seems like a good way to come back.

Favorite persona character: Naoto Shirogane
Favorite persona game: Persona 4/Golden
Favorite persona song: Machi no Kioku/Memories of the City from P3
Favorite persona scene: Haaard, hmm, Persona 4 Spoilers
When everyone is in the hospital and Nanako *dies*, that was really touching, made my mother cry (no lie)
Favorite persona: Artemisia
Favorite slink: Akinari
Thoughts on P5 and P4DAN: I bought a Vita for Golden and I will buy a PS3 or PS4 for P5, that trailer is great and the hype is in the clouds. And, Persona music in a a musical game? Count me in!

Acid08

Banned
Guess I'll do this too

Favorite persona character: Dude: Kanji, Girl: Yukari (special shoutouts to the P1 cast who don't get nearly enough love)
Favorite persona game: Persona 3 FES
Favorite persona song: Kimi no Kioku/Memories of the City(so many good songs though, crazy how much quality there is just between P3 and 4)
Favorite persona scene: Persona 3's ending
Favorite persona: Black Frost
Favorite slink: uuuuugh this is tough. Maybe Rise's or Yukari's. Kanji also.
Thoughts on P5 and P4DAN: obviously very excited for both, they look great. P5 looks like it has a rude 'tude which I love. P4D is stupid as hell in the best way.

You have maybe 10-20 hours left.

I wouldn't delay, it's the kind of game that rewards familiarity with the story beats.
Huh, that's a lot less than I thought. I'm hoping to get back to it sometime in April, it's been a while but I can remember a number of the story beats so I should be good on that side at least.

kewlmyc

So yeah, got the P3M2 in yesterday. Pretty good. Not sure if I like it more than the first though, pacing felt really weird at times. Looking forward to what some of your thoughts are on the matter.

Jintor

Friends, if you wish to summon 'plasmonas' to fight 'shadaliens' in the defence of the planet earth, which is a place located between subconsciousness and consciousness (but mostly consciousness), you might want to consider signing up to my XCOM Long War LP.

Friends, if you wish to summon 'plasmonas' to fight 'shadaliens' in the defence of the planet earth, which is a place located between subconsciousness and consciousness (but mostly consciousness), you might want to consider signing up to my XCOM Long War LP.

Are people who sign up expected to play the game alongside you or just give advice in the thread?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
So um how long until we start hearing about Persona 6 after Persona 5 is out?

I was reading some post on Facebook( cause why not) about how we would have seen P5 sooner if it wasn't for P4 popularity.

DNAbro

So um how long until we start hearing about Persona 6 after Persona 5 is out?

I was reading some post on Facebook( cause why not) about how we would have seen P5 sooner if it wasn't for P4 popularity.

I don't think that is how things work.

After P4, they moved on to PS3/360 hardware with Catherine to test things out. P5 was most likely in planning stages. They needed to create tons and tons and tons of brand new assets for P5 since it's their first PS3/PS4 RPG which is arguably one of the reasons it is taking so long for the game to come out. I feel like the gap won't be nearly as long for P6 as P5 was.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I don't think that is how things work.

After P4, they moved on to PS3/360 hardware with Catherine to test things out. P5 was most likely in planning stages. They needed to create tons and tons and tons of brand new assets for P5 since it's their first PS3/PS4 RPG which is arguably one of the reasons it is taking so long for the game to come out. I feel like the gap won't be nearly as long for P6 as P5 was.

That's good then.

Finally (finally) finished P4 Golden for myself for the first time. Took me longer to complete than my first run through of P4. I feel I should review it but I need some time to formulate my thoughts.

I guess I'll join in the fun.

1) What is your favorite persona character?
I'm going with Naoto, she had the best story, social link, design, etc. imo.

2) favorite persona game
Persona 4 Golden, only reason I bought my Vita was to play Persona everywhere and this was the game that left the most lasting impression

3) favorite persona song
School Days from P1P, I walk to class to that song almost everyday.

4) favorite persona scene
Beach scene from P4G.
"You're a man. Let'em dangle."

5) favorite persona
Trumpeter because Debilitate.

6) favorite s.link
Even though I love Naoto's, Dojima has the best since it was so personal.

I have a mighty need for both games. I'm actually shocked I want P4DAN since I'm not really a fan of rhythm games. Maybe it's because I know the music is going to kick ass, or that I love the P4 cast, but I'm super pumped for it. Can't wait to play both this holiday (hopefully!).

I never beat the game but I restarted more times than I would have liked in XCOM Enemy Within just playing on normal.

arue

10/10.
I love how the movie improves the plot in every way. The beginning, the middle, the ending... THE ENDING.

P3M#2 Spoilers:
;_______;

Shinji and Ken's relationship is so much better in the movie. Shinji's death also created more impact in me than it did in the game. The ending song though ;_;
I also love how Makoto also has his own struggles. I can tell that now he's resolved to bring the end of the Dark Hour because he can't lose friends anymore.

Wow. P3 Movie 2 was amazing

I had already seen it in the digest version, but Shinji's death scene hit me even harder than in the games. Him and Ken's relationship also seems much more fleshed out now.

Makoto seems to be rapidly developing his own personality and struggles now. He doesn't want the Dark Hour to end, it's all he's worth for. He has met people he calls friends, and he even cares for them now. The way he spoke to Aigis showed how much he cared for her, and he dove at Ken to save him from Shinji's persona going out of control. But, he lost Shinji from the Dark Hour. He wants to save his friends. He must be having quite a bit of internal struggle right now.

Speaking of Shinji's Persona going out of control...DAMN. It looks so much more BRUTAL than in the games. And Ken's flashbacks...holy shit, even that is even more emotional than in the games. Ken's arc really got the recognition it needed, unlike in the games.

Also, all of Aigis's scenes. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

Watched P3M 2. It was amazing. Pretty much the same praise as others.
The scene where Shinji notices Aigis staring at him was hilarious!

MSMrRound

Happy Friday guys.

waiting for that new Dancing trailer (if it goes according to schedule) to upload to the shop's list of trailers

Lusankya

New P4D content is up!

This time it's not a character video, but instead a tutorial on how to play.

01978cea6cf04927acfb34fb756442d42f53.jpg

http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/special/pv_2.html

There are also some new Twitter icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom