• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

UapoY6d.png

FluxWaveZ

I think I remember in an interview they said they where not going to release any sort of demo over psn, and the demo they'll have will only be at some event or something.

Yep, from the Kazuhisa Wada interview:
Will you release a demo version of the game?

We don’t intend to do so, although we will have demo stations set up [in Japan] where people can check the game out ahead of release and get a feel for it.

Sorry, my sentence was a little confused. I was talking about codifying the release date.

Oh, and I forgot to do this:

1. Kanji, with Shinji, Junpei, and Rise tied for second.
  2. Persona Q for dungeon design; none of them really for combat; Persona 4 Golden for the best overall package
  3. The Almighty; School Days is a close second, even if I think it doesn't fit Persona 1
  4. The true ending sequence for Persona 4 (not talking about the Golden epilogue)
  5. Apollo for the uniques; Asura for the generics
  6. Ai's easily
  7. She seems more spunky and spirited than I thought she would be, so at least she won't be typical otaku bait.

I don't know if that runs a unique version of Android, but I think someone already beat you to the punch:

Yea I've used this on a moto 360. Got 2 of my friends with a 360 to buy it lol. Works great on round watch screens. Not so much on the LG G watch with the square display.

Rhapsody

Banned
So I (and 20+ others) made a P4AU Combo Movie, specifically showcasing combos with huge damage
http://youtu.be/Eln4bwu_1xY

Please share/like/comment/etc! Here's the tweet https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/576525539239841792

Edit: I wasn't going for top-of-page post but this works out very well

I love watching stuff like this for the same reason I love watching tournament level play........ because there's no way in hell that I'm ever going to be able to pull any of this off XD

Some serious skill in that video, Awesome!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've been going through PQ getting 100% on every floor. Second floor of Inaba Pride is stuck at 99%, even though none of the floor is glowing when I touched the chest to see where to go.

This is worse than hearing Teddie's Japanese VA yesterday.

Edit: I know you were all deeply worried but I found it. One square, an FOE was standing on it, and it was actually right by the chest. He has been dispatched. Treasure claimed. We can all move on.

Zebetite

Banned
I've been going through PQ getting 100% on every floor. Second floor of Inaba Pride is stuck at 99%, even though none of the floor is glowing when I touched the chest to see where to go.

This is worse than hearing Teddie's Japanese VA yesterday.

Edit: I know you were all deeply worried but I found it. One square, an FOE was standing on it, and it was actually right by the chest. He has been dispatched. Treasure claimed. We can all move on.

Whenever I was stuck at 99% I'd just bite the bullet and spend the 5 play coins or whatever to open the chest.

kajigoddess

Neo Member
Quick Persona Q question. I'm on the third floor of Inaba Pride and near the entrance to the floor there's a dead end with an event. I've labelled it as 'moaning corner' on the map.

Do you get anything for visiting with each of the people who ask to get rotated in? When the third different character popped up I felt like I was wasting my time. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything good as a reward.

From what I've read on the strategy guides, there isn't much of a reward.
If you get all your characters up to level 55 and return to that spot, your vice leader will compliment you.
Not like I tried this myself. Went to the spot about four times and gave up when it was really wrecking my party.

Also, I finally got around to watching the second Persona 3 movie yesterday. It was interesting to note the differences between the abridged version which was streamed during the P5 countdown and the full version. For the record,
those differences mostly revolved around the doubts the team (particularly Makoto) has about whether to keep the Dark Hour or not. Also, I didn't recall that part where Akihiko finds out that Shinjiro uses suppression drugs. I just love how Akihiko asks him whether he could have just talked to him instead...I'm starting to like that pairing more and more. :3

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Well, in that case I can definitely live without that.

I just finished Inaba Pride. Plot spoilers ahoy.

So they decided to leave any actual story until after 50 hours of gameplay. Interesting choice.

To keep it short, I'm not impressed. Amnesiac plank of wood Zen is a form of death personified, and Rei, whose entire characterisation up to this point has consisted of being scared, complaining, eating and being in love with Zen, is some dead girl with a (justifiably) shitty attitude.

This is not how you're supposed to write characters if you actually want people to care about them. As you have them get through the whole thing as cardboard cut-outs, when we have the drama/big reveal it just rings hollow.

Marie, Labris, Sho, Zen and Rei are all pretty awful as far as I'm concerned.They can just get on a raft with Ken and fuck off to who gives a shit island forever.

I'm assuming I can add Kanamin to that list as well once I've played P4D.

So they decided to leave any actual story until after 50 hours of gameplay. Interesting choice.

To keep it short, I'm not impressed. Amnesiac plank of wood Zen is a form of death personified, and Rei, whose entire characterisation up to this point has consisted of being scared, complaining, eating and being in love with Zen, is some dead girl with a (justifiably) shitty attitude.

This is not how you're supposed to write characters if you actually want people to care about them. As you have them get through the whole thing as cardboard cut-outs, when we have the drama/big reveal it just rings hollow.

Marie, Labris, Sho, Zen and Rei are all pretty awful as far as I'm concerned.They can just get on a raft with Ken and fuck off to who gives a shit island forever.

dont bring marie and labrys into this

1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?

1) Junpei!
2) Now that I've actually beat it, P3P
3)Never More
4)Hmmm... The end of Persona 4.
5) Konohana-Sakuya
6) A tie between Maiko and Kou's
7) Are idols paid to say weird shit like this?

kajigoddess

Neo Member

But Rei's the cutest thing ever, asdflkjfksjdlj!

Seriously though,
you're right about them mostly slapping a plot on at the end. The little treasures after the other bosses didn't help much with that. And they really could have done a little more with Zen besides having him be defensive around Rei and unsure of who he is. But then again, you can say that even some of the non-original characters got shafted in terms of character development. Akihiko is basically just "PROTEIN!" and "Let's kick some ass!" And Teddie's just there to attempt to date all the girls (except for Naoto, oddly enough). Even so, it still added up to a hilarious experience before the end of that dungeon.

Aiii

So not worth it
p4watchfacerlus9.jpg

The one on the right is the always-on mode, as it's an OLED screen, you can't really have big blocks of colors on it and such because of burn-in. Black pixels are turned off by default too, so it helps battery life.

Figures on the right are: AM/PM, battery percentage for the watch, battery percentage for the phone and current heart rate from top to bottom.

The image in the top right is the moon phase (I didn't want to repeat the current weather, as it's already in the calendar part).

CorvoSol

You are forgetting about Ayane.

tumblr_me0w5x9i8r1qctvjho1_500.jpg

I'll take self esteem issues over the hyper inflated drama congo that is Yumi. "I HATE MY DAD"

"I HATE MY MOM"

"NOW HE IS DEAD AND I LOVE MY PARENTS"

"BTW I LOVE U SENPAI"

Shove off Yumi. You're no Trombonist.

Aiii

So not worth it
The one on the right is the always-on mode, as it's an OLED screen, you can't really have big blocks of colors on it and such because of burn-in. Black pixels are turned off by default too, so it helps battery life.

Figures on the right are: AM/PM, battery percentage for the watch, battery percentage for the phone and current heart rate from top to bottom.

The image in the top right is the moon phase (I didn't want to repeat the current weather, as it's already in the calendar part).

Sorry to bother you lot again with this so quickly, but for those few of you that might be interested, I made a minor tweak (to account for months with double digits).
Final screenshot:
You can now download this (WatchMaker) face here: http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/persona-4-14c1d77e0c6

Yumi is really tall. Did anyone else notice that? She's like just as tall as the protagonist. I don't think any other female character is as tall as she is.
hqdefault.jpg

Maybe I just focus on really weird things.

Style

Banned
p4watchfacerlus9.jpg

Sorry to bother you lot again with this so quickly, but for those few of you that might be interested, I made a minor tweak (to account for months with double digits).
Final screenshot:

You can now download this (WatchMaker) face here: http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/persona-4-14c1d77e0c6

Man, this is pretty awesome. Good job! I'd be tempted to pick up the watch now if it wasn't because of the Metal Gear Solid 5 watch coming out later this year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yumi is really tall. Did anyone else notice that? She's like just as tall as the protagonist. I don't think any other female character is as tall as she is.

Yup, I noticed how tall she was...

...and that fivehead

Sophia

hqdefault.jpg

Even without Narukami's official height, that makes her quite tall by Japanese standards...

Jonnax

Well, people do have those. It arguably makes her more human.

This might be more because of the limitation of having just 10 s.links to introduce her compared to the main characters being pre established. But it felt that her mood swings really felt out of place in relation to how well she knew the protagonist.

PK Gaming

I rank 10'd Yumi in Persona 4 The Golden.

She's probably the all-time Worst Girl in the game for me.

Her slink starts out amazingly—a slice of drama and a promise of something greater (like performing in a play perhaps ♪). BUT THEN! But then but then but then but then but then but then, It turns into a slice of drama. A trainwreck. You basically spend most of your time attempting to comfort Yumi as she deals with parental angst. That isn't a problem in itself (and Yumi isn't a bad character) but this is the drama club social link. Part of the entire appeal of the club slinks was being able to actually experience club activities, and that completely goes away after a certain point.

This is why the sports slink rules. It perfectly balances angst with fun activities. I get to help Daisuke AND score the winning goal of a game? Hell yes. Yumi's slink railroads itself into Yumi's home life, and drama becomes a backdrop. That's unforgivable.

Still better than the Nurse slink, but one of (if not the worst) school slink for sure.

Rubedo

It'd be kinda fun if you actually get to play tge sport you choose in P5. Especially Kendo. It could be like a mini-game that earns you bonus stuff.

Kinjo

Neo Member
I'm new to this thread so I'm just gonna start with this

1) What is your favorite persona character? Junpei Iori, the ultimate bro
2) favorite persona game - Persona 3 FES
3) favorite persona song - can't decide, the whole series has so many great songs, it's either Burn My Dread or Memories of You or Heaven or Unbreakable Tie (P2IS) or P5 Opening Theme (because of HYPE)
4) favorite persona scene - OPERATION BABE HUNT
5) favorite persona - Black Frost it is, I leveled him so much on P4G and he beasted away everything
6) favorite s.link - Kanji, Kou or Maiko
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer? uhm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom