• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Naoto and Yukiko's artwork, especially Naoto's. The only part that looks a bit off to me about Yukiko's are her legs, as I can't easily tell which one is her left and which one is her right. I do like how her pose is similar to Chie's, just flipped vertically. That's a nice touch.

Her left is in front.

I think I figured out whats wrong with Yuki's picture. Her back leg needs to be over to her right side a touch more, at the moment both of her legs are perfectly in line.

Rubedo

I like Fitzgerald's Chie just as much as I liked Rooney's Chie, but I never got why people said that Chie didn't sound like a teenager in the original version. It's like some of you never spoke with any teenagers or have no idea what a teenager sounds like.

For me, it's not that she sounds more like a teenager. I just think Fitzgerald's Chie fits her personality more. Rooney sounds more like any woman could sound whereas Erin gives her a more quirky, hyper, and overall less "womanly" voice.

Yukiko's expressive face is freaking me out.
Naoto looks dead on the inside, which fits because you would be too if they kept beating your game like a dead horse.

Edit: She looks less dead on the inside in the scans compared to the Famitsu screenshots.

Dantis

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the new costume pics on the scans. Butler Yosuke, Winter Casual Kanji and Summer Uniform Rise.

Also the menu design is pretty bad and Chie fake-kicking Narukami is the best thing ever.

And I agree that Naoto's face looks better in the scans. Also, when the shots are well composed, the visuals are fucking brilliant. The one of Narukami and Yosuke is completely amazing.

Don't worry, two years from now they'll release Persona 4 Dancing Til Dawn on PS4 and Vita or a Vita successor and it will include multiplayer and a Velvet Diva Room

And no Kanami in any of those screens either. Good to see Atlus seems to be mostly focusing on the Investigation Team instead of her.

This is also looking incredibly import friendly, with all the English menus.

FluxWaveZ

This is also looking incredibly import friendly, with all the English menus.

We mostly see that from the main menu, like it was in P4AU, though. The Shopping menu screenshot's all in Japanese, so there'll probably be some menu options that can be difficult to navigate with that, and it's unlikely that the P4D story mode will have English text (or maybe even audio, in this case).

For this Friday's update, I'm guessing that the trailer will be... Chie's. Naoto and Yukiko will probably get their pages updated on the site, too.

Edit: No multiplayer sucks, but that was to be expected. The Vita makes it easy to share scores for competitions, at least.

For this Friday's update, I'm guessing that the trailer will be... Chie's. Naoto and Yukiko will probably get their pages updated on the site, too.

Edit: No multiplayer sucks, but that was to be expected. The Vita makes it easy to share scores for competitions, at least.

My guess for Friday's update is a trailer for Kanji, and Naoto/Yukiko character pages.

Are you saying that the PSN section of the main menu could be for leader boards? Or just that the Vita makes taking screenshots of your score easier? Because online leader boards would be pretty cool.

Also, anybody have any idea what's the deal with the "All Night" difficulty setting? They mention it in the Free Dance caption, but I don't know in what context.

Dantis

I think Yosuke will be the next character trailer. Then Chie. Then Kanji. Then Yukiko or Naoto.

Also I'm starting to think that all the costumes are from P4G, which is kind of a shame.

FluxWaveZ

Also, anybody have any idea what's the deal with the "All Night" difficulty setting? They mention it in the Free Dance caption, but I don't know in what context.

It's the hardest difficulty setting. I believe it might have been stated in this issue of Famitsu that one must clear a level on Hard in order to unlock the "All Night" setting for a song.

Are you saying that the PSN section of the main menu could be for leader boards? Or just that the Vita makes taking screenshots of your score easier? Because online leader boards would be pretty cool.

Oh, I was just talking about the screenshot functionality.

My guess for Friday's update is a trailer for Kanji, and Naoto/Yukiko character pages.

We know that it's the hardest difficulty. Maybe it's unlockable, or it might just be scrolled offscreen.

I posted before that I think Friday will be Youske, but if we're doing more elaborate predictions:

I think the order will be Youske, Chie, Kanji, Teddie, Yukiko then Naoto, and we'll get another Famitsu feature in the same week as Teddie revealing Nanako as a playable charecter.

I also don't think that the website will update with Yukiko and Naoto until next week.

Anyone want to bet what we'll get next? Another Dancing famitsu feature? or a Persona 5 feature?

I think Yosuke will be the next character trailer. Then Chie. Then Kanji. Then Yukiko or Naoto.

Also I'm starting to think that all the costumes are from P4G, which is kind of a shame.

There's the Lawson costumes though

Not too bothered about the lack of multiplayer, it's always nice to have more options but multiplayer can feel kind of pointless in a game like this when all you'll be doing is competing for score.

It is kind of shame that we haven't seen more new costumes, I may not use new costume as I have a fondness for a lot of the P4g costumes but I'd still like to see them just to see the designs. I'm just glad they got the Dojima costume in there, now I just need Chie's jumpsuit and the velvet attendant costumes.

The only thing i'm not liking about P4: DAN, is how simplistic the gameplay seems to be. The "ring" around the edges makes it look easy to hit notes, i think i would prefer when Atlus had the notes with a circle closing in on each note before you hit the button, like this.

vWIIVyG.png

FluxWaveZ

Ah, gotcha. I figured it'd be something like that, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Yeah, Hachima Kikou states that "All Night" is unlocked when certain conditions are met. I assume that clearing the same song on Hard is probably one of them, if not the only one.

Anyone want to bet what we'll get next? Another Dancing famitsu feature? or a Persona 5 feature?

Persona 4: Dancing All Night, most assuredly. There won't be any P5 in Famitsu or PlayStation Dengeki next week, and it's likely we'd get another minor P4D update two weeks from now.

The only thing i'm not liking about P4: DAN, is how simplistic the gameplay seems to be. The "ring" around the edges makes it look easy to hit notes, i think i would prefer when Atlus had the notes with a circle closing in on each note before you hit the button, like this.

You might be underestimating the game's level of difficulty.

There's the Lawson costumes though

That's a good question. I was expecting to get the next big P5 feature some time in April before Super Live, but now that we're closer, I'm not so sure it'll happen like that. My guess is another Dancing feature, talking about Nanako and some other aspect of the game that hasn't been too big a focus so far. Then a P5 feature some time after that, probably May.

As for the costumes, I'm guessing they're focusing on Golden costumes precisely because we've seen them before. If there are new ones, I wouldn't expect them to be shown too much before the release date, if at all.

FluxWaveZ

Is there any video of harder gameplay? I'd like to see it then, that's the only thing i haven't seen so far

No, the only extended amount of gameplay we've seen is the tutorial video #2. But in addition to what Wada said:
And we’re not leaving advanced players behind, either; we’re balancing it to ensure they can have a fun time, too!
...I also don't think clearing songs on Hard or All Night! will necessarily be a simple affair. It's just UI.

Dantis

Just thinking about costumes that will probably be in P4D. I think the maid costumes will all be in to match the butler outfits. I also think one off costumes like Naoto's detective outfit, Yosuke's Junes outfit and Chie's Bruce Lee outfit will be in.

I'm also assuming we'll get most of the casual and uniform outfits. We've already seen winter and summer uniforms, winter and summer casual, and midwinter casual.

I'm also assuming that where characters have similar costumes, that will apply to all characters. Like, Yosuke and Narukami have butler outfits, so I assume Kanji has one also, for example.

Eh, simplistic doesn't necessarily mean easy. Once you get into higher difficulties I'm sure the number of notes and the speeds of them will dramatically increase as it does in all rhythm games and that's when the difficulty comes in.

No, the only extended amount of gameplay we've seen is the tutorial video #2. But in addition to what Wada said:

...I also don't think clearing songs on Hard or All Night! will necessarily be a simple affair. It's just UI.

Ok, that's reassuring. I'm not at all an "advanced" player, but judging from the gameplay I had seem, it looked awfully boring.

My bad.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
You can have some pretty frantic charting with six keys - I'm sure on the higher difficulties it'll throw some nasty stuff at us. Even from the flashes of gameplay we've seen so far, we know that some of the charts are getting into high numbers - 600+ combo was shown in Yu's trailer I think - and it's always hard to hit that many notes without making any mistakes.

My hands are ready.

Ok, that's reassuring. I'm not at all an "advanced" player, but judging from the gameplay I had seem, it looked awfully boring.

My bad.

If you got the time and the means
means, give Love Live's mobile game a shot. Though not identical in gameplay, the presentation is remotely similar and should give you a base idea of how difficult it can get/feel with that layout.

On second thought, touch screen over button inputs will skew that feeling. But not too much I would think.

FluxWaveZ

Still think something about Persona 5 will be happening in late April.

I wonder if they'll be doing their yearly Persona 4 video/live stream with Daisuke Namikawa and mute Teddie again, or if 2014's Datsu Nugu edition might have been the last one.

Edit: Looking at previous ones, maybe the Persona Stalker Club kinda encroached on this show's territory a bit. It'd still be a place to announce a new anime or some other kind of semi-significant, cross-media project, if they were doing one.

PK Gaming

The new images are way cool (Naoto's JoJo pose is excellent, and Yukiko is super fab).

I can't help feeling a a little disappointed by Yosuke's alt costume though. Alt costume sharing was inevitable, but I don't think the butler alt is a good pick for him.

Hopefully they add a ton.

If we're talking more generally about rhythm games for the Vita, DJ Max Techinka Tune is fantastic.

I've considered picking that up a few times but I was under the impression that it's primarily touch based which is kind of off putting, I'm guessing it's worth checking out regardless of that though?

Sophia

If it's anything like the Project Diva games, the scoring will be pretty strict. It'll be a lot harder than you think when you play on the harder difficulty settings.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, from the P3M#2 interview:
Jun Kumagai (Screenplay): There was one time during a meeting when Director Taguchi came up to me and asked, "Can we limit the battle team to 4 members, and have the others stay home and keep fort?" (laughs)

Tomohisa Taguchi (Director): You're kidding!?

Kumagai: There was. I remember it. Because I remember thinking, "I understand how you feel, but what in the world is this guy saying?" (laughs)

arue

Just saw the newest P4D scans.

Naoto looks great. Yukiko's artwork looks weird, but I know she's doing that ballerina pose.

I'm glad that some of the costumes can be obtained through the in-game currency. Don't add too much DLC costumes pls.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've considered picking that up a few times but I was under the impression that it's primarily touch based which is kind of off putting, I'm guessing it's worth checking out regardless of that though?

It's entirely touch based, but its great. Never had any problems with registering inputs, even on the hardest difficulty, where notes are coming in on both the front and back touch controls.

Like cj_iwakura said, the core DJ Max games for PSP are great, and DJ Max Trilogy on PC is crazily good value.

It' s been years since I played it but I still hum a lot of the songs.

cj_iwakura

Heh, I have an eventual period where I have to play some DJMax. I rotate between versions. I think Black Square or Portable 3 is up next.

Live in Akasaka Blitz is still so good. The first concert remains the best.

It's entirely touch based, but its great. Never had any problems with registering inputs, even on the hardest difficulty, where notes are coming in on both the front and back touch controls.

Like cj_iwakura said, the core DJ Max games for PSP are great, and DJ Max Trilogy on PC is crazily good value.

It' s been years since I played it but I still hum a lot of the songs.

Glad to hear that my concerns aren't actually an issue, I'm going to be looking to play some rhythm games in the run up to DAN and you and cj_iwakura have convinced me to pick up a copy of Technika Tune.

FluxWaveZ

Well, turns out today wasn't the first time we saw Yukiko's official art for P4D. You can see it at around 1:03 in PV #01, when the player turns her Vita around to show her friend.

Now I Know indeed.

That's amazing.

I had posted some screens I took from the PV before, pointing out Personas with guitars and such. Guess by scrutinizing it once again, the one thing that stands out to me is this:

94lL7di.png

I didn't think much of it before because it's just the Velvet Room with Margaret but, looking at it again, it looks more like the Velvet Room is some type of ballroom now. I might be looking at it wrong, though, and it's just the standard P4 Velvet Room. That part where Kanji's breaking a red screen in back of him still makes me think of "Break Out Of..."

Also, did I miss what this Rise costume is?

3NeFFH5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom