• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've seen Yu, Rise, Kanamin and Yukiko with alt costumes (non DLC), and so far we've had Summer clothes, Halloween, Beach, Butler and Yu's Dojima alt.

Who do you think the next trailer will be for and what alts will they have?

I predict Yosuke and he'll have full Junes apron.

Normal Teddie is an alt costume too.

It will be Youske or Chie next so I'll go with Youske too.

muteki

hey can i buy a JPN physicart version of DAN and then buy an english digital version of DAN later

is such a thing even possible

You end up with 2 identical game icons, one for each region's game. Digital/physical doesn't factor in at all.

So we've seen Yu, Rise, Kanamin and Yukiko with alt costumes (non DLC), and so far we've had Summer clothes, Halloween, Beach, Butler and Yu's Dojima alt.

Who do you think the next trailer will be for and what alts will they have?

I predict Yosuke and he'll have full Junes apron.

Yosuke definitely next character trailer. Beauty Pageant outfit.

Kazzy

I was utterly serious at the time of announcement, that P4D was my most anticipated game, out of all the Persona titles. Yes, even that one.

Now I'm happy to welcome everyone onto the bandwagon!

Chie's golden voice is OK.

Okay is probably the best way to put it, sure.

Kazzy

I mean it didn't really seem as bad as most people made it out to be. :p

I think that tends to be overblown quite a bit. Of course, there was some complaining, but that generally seemed to diminish pretty quickly. A lot of it was purely reactionary, and based on pre-release materials.

Fan-bases can typically be demanding, stubborn, unreasonable and a whole host of things besides. The Persona one is certainly no exception!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This one seems to be more energetic though while the original always gave me the impression of being super mellow.

So any tips on not missing the new stuff added to this?

Kazzy

Do Marie's social link

IOw08EA.png

This one seems to be more energetic though while the original always gave me the impression of being super mellow.

So any tips on not missing the new stuff added to this?

Thats the thing though, Chie never struck me as a mellow person, she's energetic and feisty, so Erin's voice suits her so much better in my opinion.

Also, do Marie's social link (but be aware it doesnt progress like a normal S.link), and do Adachi's S.link as well because that wasnt in Vanilla either.

Everything else new will just happen anyway.

Chie's Golden voice brought her down from best girl to worst. I cannot stand it. Erin Fitzgerald plays Chie more over the top and cartoony than Teddie is.

LX_Theo

Banned
Really?!

And I actually agree with the original point. The register is all over the place, with the delivery being borderline inappropriate at times.

Early on she's inconsistent, but after the first little bit in the game I'd never say she was very inconsistent in the portrayal. A portrayal also known as... Actually sounds like a teenager and fits the character's personality.

Setsu00

Early on she's inconsistent, but after the first little bit in the game I'd never say she was very inconsistent in the portrayal. A portrayal also known as... Actually sounds like a teenager and fits the character's personality.

I like Fitzgerald's Chie just as much as I liked Rooney's Chie, but I never got why people said that Chie didn't sound like a teenager in the original version. It's like some of you never spoke with any teenagers or have no idea what a teenager sounds like.

LX_Theo

Banned
I like Fitzgerald's Chie just as much as I liked Rooney's Chie, but I never got why people said that Chie didn't sound like a teenager in the original version. It's like some of you never spoke with any teenagers or have no idea what a teenager sounds like.
I'm in my early twenties. I'm not that far out of actively talking to teenagers, let alone people who sound like teenagers.

She sounds like she's a women in her 40s in vanilla. Especially with the dissonance the voice have with how she looks and acts.

Sophia

Which side should I play from in Persona Q? Persona 4 or Persona 3?

The main story doesn't change regardless which side you pick. What does change however is the dynamic.

If you pick the Persona 3 protagonist, the combined group of Persona users will act like SEES, with Mitsuru being the de-facto leader. The P3 protagonist will be silent, act as his usual role as field leader. Narukami will support him. The scenes will be focused more on SEES and the P3 cast.

If you pick the Persona 4 protagonist, the combined group of Persona users will act like the Investigation Team, with Narukami being the lead and the P3 protagonist being his second in command. Mitsuru's role will be diminished. The P4 protagonist will be silent, and the scenes will be focused on the cast of the P4 crew.

Ultimately, it's just a preference of which group do you want to see more (and how hard do you want Risky mode to be if you're playing on that? :p)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

I was a teenager once.

Setsu00

I was a teenager once.

Me too and that's how I realized that some people have crazy deep voices even when they are only 14 years old while others have high pitched voices even when they get older. And some people are more eloquent than others which makes them look older than they really are. My point is that no every teenage voice sounds the same. At least, I know that some of my female friends had a voice similar to OG Chie when they were 16.

LX_Theo

Banned
Me too and that's how I realized that some people have crazy deep voices even when they are only 14 years old while others have high pitched voices even when they get older. And some people are more eloquent than others which makes them look older than they really are. My point is that no every teenage voice sounds the same. At least, I know that some of my female friends had a voice similar to OG Chie when they were 16.

Voices almost always go with a person's build, though. Teenagers are typically thought of as having higher pitch voices because its more common for teenage girls to be on the smaller side in the first place. As they get older, that build... changes... In ways that happen to create more typical older voices.

Yes, I knew teenage girls with voices that were on the deeper side, but in no way did they regularly sound like Chie. I haven't met a lot of people in my life who had voices well out of the realm of expectations.

Chie's vanilla voice sounded like a feasible voice for her. The problem was that it sounded like how her voice would develop in like 20 years.

FluxWaveZ

Something seems wrong with Yukiko's spine in hers imo

For the sake of visual flair, I don't think things need to always follow realistic proportions or feasibility, or else it would be boring. Jojo's, following that example, oftentimes doesn't care about how realistically viable a pose is, as it values flashiness more than anything.

Edit: Though, is it even that unrealistic? I'm looking at pictures of ballerina jumps (good pose too, since her dancing style is based off of ballet), and I'm seeing stuff like this:
I think flexibility is a fundamental aspect of that style of dance/performance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, you can draw what yukiko is depicting while being anatomically feasible. Soejima actually just messed by making the thighs a lot closer than they should be.

edit: That's a good example but pretty misleading because she's on a flatter plane.

At the perspective yukiko is showing it's not feasible.

PK Gaming

Tracey has a better start than Erin, but her voice doesn't really suit Chie. It isn't just a matter of sounding old; her low energy, laid back style just isn't a good fit for her. Her line delivery is pretty spotty at times too (all of her battle lines are terrible and she's not very good at emoting).

Erin has a weak start, but she overtakes her eventually. Let's not beat around the bush though; 9 times out of 10, you're going to prefer the VA you heard first, since their voice is ingrained. That said, Yui Horie is probably my favorite voice for Chie. She sounds amazing, and supposedly (in P4 at least) sounds very much like an ordinary Japanese teenage girl.

Sophia

I feel like they've definitely done Naoto's face wrong when you compare it to the Soejima art.

Shame.

You're just simply incapable of handling the sheer awesomeness that comes with Naoto doing a Jojo pose. That's why her face appears wrong.

But don't worry tho, basking in the awesomeness that is Jojo is something not everyone can do.

Tracey has a better start than Erin, but her voice doesn't really suit Chie. It isn't just a matter of sounding old; her low energy, laid back just isn't a good fit for her. Her line delivery is pretty spotty at times too (all of her battle lines are terrible and she's not very good at emoting).

Erin has a weak start, but she overtakes her eventually. Let's not beat around the bush though; 9 times out of 10, you're going to prefer the VA you heard first, since their voice is ingrained.

I am the 1 out of 10. I shall stand proud and tall. >_>

I'd take the occasional poor read over "I really wish literally anyone else was talking right now."

Even beyond one on one "does this voice fit the character," Erin's Chie has the wrong cadence in nearly all group scenes, overacting above and beyond the levels of the other characters and routinely out hamming Teddie, dampening his presence in group situations.

Dantis

You're just simply incapable of handling the sheer awesomeness that comes with Naoto doing a Jojo post. That's why her face appears wrong.

But don't worry tho, basking in the awesomeness that is Jojo is something not everyone can do.

I'm actually saying that her face looks right in the Jojo pose, and wrong in the game.

I'm just looking at the new screenshots, and it looks right sometimes, so maybe it will be better in motion. It looks dead on here:

9CK2ZlI.jpg

I quite like Naoto and Yukiko's artwork, especially Naoto's. The only part that looks a bit off to me about Yukiko's are her legs, as I can't easily tell which one is her left and which one is her right. I do like how her pose is similar to Chie's, just flipped vertically. That's a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom