• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

There has to be an example of 2D character customization in an Atlus game that I'm missing, right? It seems like it's something they might have done before, however minor.
It's Etrian Odyssey, too. Barring the Untold games on story mode, you always begin the game by selecting from a set of pre-defined character portraits categorized by class (with 3, 4, and Mystery Dungeon offering alternate colors), give them a name, name your overall guild, and start exploring.

FluxWaveZ

It's Etrian Odyssey, too. Barring the Untold games on story mode, you always begin the game by selecting from a set of pre-defined character portraits categorized by class (with 3, 4, and Mystery Dungeon offering alternate colors), give them a name, name your overall guild, and start exploring.

Ah, that's right! Etrian Odyssey is a good example for the 2D illustration customization.

I thought it was obvious I was talking relative. What I mean is that I'm not talking Call of Duty or Dying Light, where the goal is still "kill or be killed in a specific area", but it's you against countless nameless thugs.

Yeah, I read that wrong and corrected my post accordingly.

That's another reason for the BR and DR comparisons (with the latter having "Free Time Events" to emphasize this), and it makes the deaths and killings that much more significant, too. I don't think it has to be necessarily inherent to that type of genre, however, since I put Fate/Zero, The Hunger Games, Future Diary and Underdog in the same category.

I agree that Fate series, Hunger Games, Future Diary (Never heard of Underdog) are Battle Royale esque. They are all competing against each other to be the last remaining one.

I also agree that they don't necessarily have to know each other before hand. Considering that the concept is based on the Roman gladiator event.

CrazyDude

It's kind of funny, I was wondering if I could predict the antagonist by the mythology they chose for the main character's Persona, but then they decided to move away from mythology and there's no way I could guess.

Hey, if for whatever reason it's NOT a God this time, that'd be pretty cool too. However, this is Atlus, so it's definitely a God.

I can tell you one thing, though: If MC's persona is Arsene Lupin, you're definitely going to see a Sherlock Holmes character and some kind of a Count type character.

If I have to guess, it might be a god that is associated with law and order.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
After seeing it mentioned here I just downloaded Love Live. Can't play it yet as I'm at work. What am I in for?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
After seeing it mentioned here I just downloaded Love Live. Can't play it yet as I'm at work. What am I in for?

A decent rhythm game with boring generic anime music and boring generic anime idol archetypes, where the characters are archetypal with no attempt to make them unique.

FluxWaveZ

Tadashi Satomi knew.
Almost done reading through it. Man, Persona could have been a Battle Royale game:

Kaneko: I really loved that first [scenario] you came up with, the one about the field trip. That was an awesome idea!

Satomi: In that version, you would have had a party of 10-ish people and you'd get caught up in some sort of freak accident there and have to fight students from the other schools that were there, more or less.

Kaneko: It was great because school field trips are always these laid back affairs, but that was just the opposite.

I'll probably make a thread about it in gaming, so more people who care about Persona 1 and the series' origins can see it.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Back on the subject of rhythm gaming, I just realised there are a couple of FTP DJ Max games for Andriod too. I think my phone is about to become primarily an FTP rhythm game machine.

The idea of a battle royale game is incredibly exciting, you could implement some really interesting systems based around trust and betrayal with a premise like that.

Back on the subject of rhythm gaming, I just realised there are a couple of FTP DJ Max games for Andriod too. I think my phone is about to become primarily an FTP rhythm game machine.

So there is! I guess if I like the vita game then I can always have a rhythm game on hand which is nice.

Hi guys, I've been without internet for almost 2 weeks now due to problems with my apartment (which is located in a really old building) and I probably won't have internet in my apartement for the rest of the year (just my luck) and will be forced to use internet on my cellphone which isn't so convinient here where I live (Chile). The thing is, I don't really know if there have been any Persona related news over the last few weeks that you could summarize to me, if someone would be so kind to do so. Also, I'd like to share some thoughts with you about some Persona related stuff over this last 2 weeks:

1.-Don't know what the PGAF consenssus on the P3 Movie 2 is, but I really liked it, felt the animation improved from the first part, the action was great, some parts really made me laugh
Akihiko appearing from under water
and the emotional parts felt well executed. Character development was also interesting
seeing Makoto having doubts due to the way his life had been until he joined SEES and also Ken not being a complete brat like in the game
, though one little complain I have is that some boss battles felt rushed. All in all I really liked it and was hoping to know what you guys think.

2.-Have been playing some Persona 1 on PSP and I'm liking it, the only thing I haven't gotten used to is the Velvet Room and negotiations to get Persona cards, can someone shed some light on this matter please?

That'd be all, I hope I can keep up with GAF better now that I have internet in my cellphone, even though it's limited and won't allow me to watch the new P4DAN videos.....Dang it...See ya!

Sorry I haven't posted in here in a while, friends X_X. School got kinda crazy.

Really loving P3P still, though! I recently
got Koromaru in my party

I also decided to give the P4 anime a shot (despite the bad things I keep hearing about it)!

Meia

I was kind of half asleep when I watched it, but is it me or did they kind of just butcher Junpei in the movie? They kind of removed part of his arc with dealing with the Dark Hour and threw it on Makoto instead there...

I'm sure by now, many of you have seen this image. It was featured in the ATLUS survey, and showcases multiple different screens from the game:

gH3fM.jpg

Well, there is a new screen in this image montage. The first screen to the right has different things on the menu. In the screen, only the protagonist, Ryuji Sakamoto, and Morgana are in the party, and the gun the protagonist has equipped is the "T233タイプ" (T233 Type)

The T233 is a real gun, which commonly goes by the name HK33. The HK33 has different variants in different countries, and was originated in West Germany, and used in the Vietnam war. This further back my theory that Munehisa Iwai was an ex-military man who left America, and founded a black market military shop in Japan. Military shops don't typically exist in Japan, especially not for kids. This gun was also never used in any type of war in Japan (Though, they have not had a violent war since World War II, which may also be why) I feel we'll learn more about Munehisa Iwai during the game, if the "Cooperation" feature is what it is.

Moltenix

Hiya, just starting up Persona 4G and about 3 hours in. Any tips on the time management?

How is it compared to P3? Is the fog the equivalent of the moon cycle? Best use of my afternoon and evening time?

Guess Who

Banned
Hiya, just starting up Persona 4G and about 3 hours in. Any tips on the time management?

How is it compared to P3? Is the fog the equivalent of the moon cycle? Best use of my afternoon and evening time?

The fog is *kind of* the equivalent of the moon cycle. Unlike P3's full moons there's not a boss whenever the fog comes, the boss is simply at the end of each dungeon, and the fog is the deadline to finish the dungeon.

Try to clear each dungeon in as little time as possible, preferably one day if you can manage it, and spend your days social linking if any are available. On rainy days where most social links are closed, eat a beef bowl at Aiya to boost your knowledge/diligence/understanding/etc. Nights are kind of a catch up period. If you're behind on a social link and that person is available at night, you can speak to them then to get a few more points. One social link (Jester) has some events that have to be done at night. You can also work at Shiroku to raise your secondary (knowledge etc.) stats or study or do part-time jobs at home.

Acid08

Banned
Sorry I haven't posted in here in a while, friends X_X. School got kinda crazy.

Really loving P3P still, though! I recently
got Koromaru in my party

I also decided to give the P4 anime a shot (despite the bad things I keep hearing about it)!

Koro-chan is the best. Praise him.

. You can also work at Shiroku to raise your secondary (knowledge etc.) stats or study or do part-time jobs at home.

To clarify, it raises your diligence as well as another stat depending on the day. (One of the days you get your choice between which additional stat to improve, but I can't remember which.)

Guess Who

Banned
To clarify, it raises your diligence as well as another stat depending on the day. (One of the days you get your choice between which additional stat to improve, but I can't remember which.)

Right - you always get diligence, and depending on what clients are at the bar, you can speak to one of them to raise another stat. Some days you have multiple clients to choose from, some you only have one.

Sophia

Once you understand the differences in the setup to Persona 4 (the fog is a deadline, in contrast to the moon being the next major event), then what you do in Persona 3 in your spare time carries over to Persona 4. Just make sure you finish the dungeons before time runs out.

I think Guess named everything else applicable, so no need to go further there.

Hobohodo

Playing Persona Q, is it better to pick 5 characters at the start for my party and stick with them or keep swapping? I've been swapping back and forth but just got to the first boss and I'm getting my arse handed to me. Playing the Persona 4 cast if that makes any difference?

Only asking as P4G saw me keep switching people and never ran in to problems there.

Playing Persona Q, is it better to pick 5 characters at the start for my party and stick with them or keep swapping? I've been swapping back and forth but just got to the first boss and I'm getting my arse handed to me. Playing the Persona 4 cast if that makes any difference?

Only asking as P4G saw me keep switching people and never ran in to problems there.

You can do either, I kept every character barring the 2MCs at the same level and never ran into any problems.

Nachos

It might be better to stick with a more dedicated party until you beat the first dungeon, since your options are more limited, meaning raw stats will count more. Once you unlock the other cast, they'll already be pre-leveled to a certain point, and you'll have access to better ways of bridging the experience gap for everyone else (and your options will keep improving as you progress).

What difficulty are playing, though? I had a hell of a time with the first boss on risky, even without switching anyone after making my first full party.

FluxWaveZ

I watched Giant Bomb's Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Quick Look and, man, that game has a cover system and Persona 5 does too? Noctis' team members even vanish at certain stealth spots, as it seemed to be like for the P5 protagonist's team. That's so weird.

I watched Giant Bomb's Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Quick Look and, man, that game has a cover system and Persona 5 does too? Noctis' team members even vanish at certain stealth spots, as it seemed to be like for the P5 protagonist's team. That's so weird.
playing the demo...it was pretty bad. stealthing behind a slow as fuck behemoth, and having to take cover to regen MP, horrible flow breaking mechanics

Lets hope P5 uses cover/stealth better

Dantis

Yosuke's Junes outfit actually looks really good.

Only outfit that I didn't expect to see was the blue one. What is that again, anyway?

EDIT: Oh right, it's his festival outfit. I actually feel like those are a waste of time to be honest. I would have rather they put something else in.

Game looks amazing. I had little interest in it, but watching the Quicklook got me very excited, even with Brads amazing gameplay.

woof! meow?

Lusankya

Yosuke's Junes outfit actually looks really good.

Only outfit that I didn't expect to see was the blue one. What is that again, anyway?

EDIT: Oh right, it's his festival outfit. I actually feel like those are a waste of time to be honest. I would have rather they put something else in.

I am pretty sure in the end we will get all costumes from P4G plus new ones, so I don't know why any one costume would be a waste.

muteki

I'm really curious how the choreography is going to work for each song and character. In similar games, each song has its own choreography and when you switch characters the models change but they all follow the same steps.

Here it seems like each character has their own style. Yosuke and Yukiko are very different, from what we have seen. So it will be interesting to see, if you can choose any character for any song, what the choreography will be. Are they planning to have routines for all character and song combinations, or restricting what characters can do which track, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom