• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you accumulate points as you play, and you can use this to "buy" costumes in-game? Interesting, had figured all of the costumes we've seen so far were going to be paid DLC. Wonder which is going to be which...

similar to getting costumes / parts in Project DIVA,

Why would you assume that they were all paid DLC?

So you accumulate points as you play, and you can use this to "buy" costumes in-game? Interesting, had figured all of the costumes we've seen so far were going to be paid DLC. Wonder which is going to be which...

I'd have thought that all the costumes we've seen in trailers are in the base game.

Meia

similar to getting costumes / parts in Project DIVA,

Why would you assume that they were all paid DLC?

Because we've already seen some costumes as DLC, so naturally assumed the idea would continue. Would also point out if glasses in a fighting game are DLC, well... :p

Never played any of the DIVA games though.

Lusankya

Famitsu this week has first screenshots of Yukiko Amagi and Naoto Shirogane as they appear during battle scenes in Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

I hope this means the characters section will be updated with their official P4D art works this Friday.

Btw. they say you use these points do buy costumes and items. What kind of items could that be? I don't know Project DIVA, so maybe you could already get items there.

I hope this means the characters section will be updated with their official P4D art works this Friday.

Btw. they say you use these points do buy costumes and items. What kind of items could that be? I don't know Project DIVA, so maybe you could already get items there.

Might be next Friday, most of the Ultimax ones were the week after the Famitsu feature.

I'm curious about items too, maybe items to make it harder to fail songs or "cheats" like that.

Only thing I can think of is accessories, like the glasses.

You can get items in Project DIVA that help with not failing a song, but they deduct points.

https://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/List+of+Rhythm+Game+Items+(ƒ)

I assume it's a similar practice to that.

Because we've already seen some costumes as DLC, so naturally assumed the idea would continue. Would also point out if glasses in a fighting game are DLC, well... :p

Ha, good point! Always thought that was an Arks thing, but I don't know.

-------------------

Also, saying all this. No idea on how much of Dingo's influence will carry over so Atlus might have their own ideas for items, costumes etc... But I think it's reasonable to assume it will follow a similar format. There are also items in the DIVA games for customising a room (posters, tables, chairs, desks, plants, etc) something that might be in this game too.

FluxWaveZ

People are fickle, it's that simple.

It's not really that simple. Very few people were inherently against the concept of P4D initially. It's extremely important to not ignore the context P4D was announced in, because that's what brought the ire. If you look back at the NeoGAF Nov. 24, 2013 Persona thread, the P4D announcement thread, or the PersonaGAF IRC chat logs, a lot of people were unhappy with what was going on when P4D entered the fray for a multitude of reasons (chibi Persona 3DS spin-off, the entire build-up to the live stream, the 72-hour live stream itself, the fact that the finale of the stream occurred very early in the morning for most and that it was filled with trolling...).

The whole thing was crazy, along with people's mental states. After P5 was announced and the stream ended, the overall opinion for P4D immediately became "oh, alright, cool."

See:
- P4D announcement thread page 1 to post #108.
- Everything after page 5.

Looking back on it, I might have been overestimating how quickly the opinions settled, but it is noticeable, and the confusion/frustration cooled down really quickly. Looking back on the archives, it seems even you were down on P4D right when it was announced.

Looking back on it, I might have been overestimating how quickly the opinions settled, but it is noticeable, and the confusion/frustration cooled down really quickly. Looking back on the archives, it seems even you were down on P4D right when it was announced.

Right, so people are incompetence to judge whether they like something during a busy announcement :p

Confusion, frustration, their opinion still changed.

We'll just call it stream-fatigue induced indecisiveness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The initial announcement for PQ and PDAN was so great, especially when there's no indication that P5 will be announced alongside with it.

One of my top streaming experiences.

I won't deny that the way it was announced certainly played into how people reacted, once P5 was announced people definitely seemed more into the idea. As someone who was excited the minute it was announced I just found the anger at the game for not being P5 and the hostility in general to be pretty funny.

Finished Persona 4 Golden.

Even though I've finished P4 long ago, watched the anime, etc, so everything's fresh, but damn, the feels is so strong.

FluxWaveZ

I won't deny that the way it was announced certainly played into how people reacted, once P5 was announced people definitely seemed more into the idea. As someone who was excited the minute it was announced I just found the anger at the game for not being P5 and the hostility in general to be pretty funny.

The two games being completely unexpected had a big influence on the reactions, too. Very few were complaining or were angry at the P4AU segment since a console release was expected, for example. In fact, the reactions to it were fairly positive.

That's probably part of why the emotional roller coaster for last month's event was more subdued in comparison. We generally knew what to expect this time both in terms of the stream (they even gave us a schedule beforehand) and what they would show (except for pessimists not expecting a Persona 5 unveil).

Glad they brought back the elderly reporter. She's essentially the Igor of Persona announcement live streams, now.

Olengie

I was pretty excited for P4DAN from the get go. Sure, I was disappointed for lack of P5 but I was open to the idea of a Persona rhythm game.. But thats just me. Everyone had a different reaction

I didn't stay up for that November stream mind you, but I remember that the title I was least excited for was actually PQ. Kinda funny looking back on it, because unless DAN is really fun, PQ is going to end up being my favourite by a fair margin.

Hey, guys! It's been a while since I posted in the thread, but today, I finally posted my full P5 PV#01 trailer analysis, after watching it many times. I was going to post it here, but I was really busy when I wrote it, and it was really long to write here, so I posted it on my website. I hope this isn't a problem, but, you can read it here.

I hope everyone enjoys the analysis, and please feel free to tell me what you think. I took some time writing it, as well as getting the images, translating some of the UI menus, etc. Once again, I apologize for not posting it here, but on my site, instead.

The two games being completely unexpected had a big influence on the reactions, too. Very few were complaining or were angry at the P4AU segment since a console release was expected, for example. In fact, the reactions to it were fairly positive.

That's probably part of why the emotional roller coaster for last month's event was more subdued in comparison. We generally knew what to expect this time both in terms of the stream (they even gave us a schedule beforehand) and what they would show (except for pessimists not expecting a Persona 5 unveil).

For a second I forgot that the reactions to PQ were equally ridiculous, it's crazy to me that people would think we weren't getting something P5 related from that stream and that PQ was all we would get.

The midnight channel events is something that I sorely missed in the last stream, it was fun during the November stream to slowly realise how serious Atlus was about those announcements and the speculation was a nice time filler for the more dull stuff on the stream. God, that November stream was so good.

Bring on the Persona 6 stream!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Posted this in the Figure-GAF thread but figured a little "disbear" would be appreciated... Or is it dis bear?

Nice.

I used to buy Kubrick's years ago, did they do other Persona Kubrick's or was it just the Teddie Bearbrick?

If there's a set I'm probably going to spend a stupid amount of money to get them.

Sophia

Even I thought the Persona 4 Dancing spinoff was slightly silly at first, and I was totally on the train for Persona Q the moment it was announced. >_>;

Those live events were some real rollercoaster events, to say the least.

Nice.

I used to buy Kubrick's years ago, did they do other Persona Kubrick's or was it just the Teddie Bearbrick?

If there's a set I'm probably going to spend a stupid amount of money to get them.

Lucky for you (and myself), I only saw just the Teddie Bearbrick on AmiAmi so it's the only one I know of so far.

The only other Bearbrick I have is Alphonse from FMA.

Early Persona Q question and Persona 3 The Answer spoilers

Can I leave out Rei & Zen from my party? Or are they like Metis, where I shouldn't ignore them because they'll be forced onto me eventually?

Even I thought the Persona 4 Dancing spinoff was slightly silly at first, and I was totally on the train for Persona Q the moment it was announced. >_>;

Those live events were some real rollercoaster events, to say the least.

I still think the idea is silly, but at the same time it's the spinoff that makes the most sense. The music in P3 and P4 is constantly praised and people love it to the point where various concerts are run, so a rhythm game spinoff is something that I can understand.

The main thing that I initially thought was perhaps a bit to far in the silly direction was that it would be cannon, but I quickly came around to thinking that it's silly in a way I can enjoy.

FluxWaveZ

I still think the idea is silly, but at the same time it's the spinoff that makes the most sense. The music in P3 and P4 is constantly praised and people love it to the point where various concerts are run, so a rhythm game spinoff is something that I can understand.

The main thing that I initially thought was perhaps a bit to far in the silly direction was that it would be cannon, but I quickly came around to thinking that it's silly in a way I can enjoy.

I think P4A is the spin-off that makes the most "sense" because a fighting game just seems like the most logical place to go when it comes to these things, but both PQ and P4D work fantastically, as well. They mentioned how one of the concepts behind P4A was something like applying Soejima's art to full motion/interactivity, and that the same applied to P4D for Meguro's music.

P4D still seems like the silliest of them all, but that's fine. Silly isn't necessarily bad, and it's something I would want out of spin-offs which aren't meant to be taken seriously.

Sophia

I think P4A is the spin-off that makes the most "sense" because a fighting game just seems like the most logical place to go when it comes to these things, but both PQ and P4D work fantastically, as well. They mentioned how one of the concepts behind P4A was something like applying Soejima's art to full motion/interactivity, and that the same applied to P4D for Meguro's music.

P4D still seems like the silliest of them all, but that's fine. Silly isn't necessarily bad, and it's something I would want out of spin-offs which aren't meant to be taken seriously.

I really want to see that art style applied in full 3D. No doubt we'll see that with Persona 5, but perhaps a GGXrd style sequel in the future as well?

Dantis

Anyone know when the P4D scans will drop?

They did say that, but it wasn't really followed through on.

It really doesn't look much like Soejima's art, particularly in motion. P4D looks much more Soejima than Arena, and ironically, it also has less original Meguro music than Arena. So Atlus kind of got it backwards.

Yeah, fighting game certainly tends to be the standard route a game series will take when looking to branch out so I can certainly see that being the first thing that would come to mind when looking into spinning of the series into other genres. I just remember thinking that DAN was a pretty genius decision that made perfect sense as the music is such a core part of the recent persona games identity.

As you say, silly is something I would like to see in the spin-offs, I've always seen spin-offs as the perfect excuse to get more silly as you're more or less free to do what you want. I think that is part of why I found the Arena games disappointing, they kind of followed a more normal narrative rather than something that gives them a bit more freedom to try some odd stuff. I'm excited to see how the story in DAN shapes up as I'm interested to see how they decide to approach such a nonsensical premise.

Anyone know when the P4D scans will drop?

Tomorrow around 3pm GMT probably

So I was looking at some old articles related to Dancing, and I found this: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/02/persona-4-dancing-night-begins-rise-starts-working-idol/

It lists a few tracks in the game, including True Story, which doesn't appear on the current list of songs included.

I'm wondering if it was cut, or if it's just not been revealed yet, which would make it likely that there are other unrevealed tracks.

Also: http://gematsu.com/2013/12/persona-4-dancing-all-night-story-characters-detailed this stats that the game has over 30 tracks, whilst we only currently have 29

New screens? Thanks Famitsu

Top tier halloween costume, of course
I0yp0Mq.jpg

Tomorrow around 3pm GMT probably

So I was looking at some old articles related to Dancing, and I found this: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/02/persona-4-dancing-night-begins-rise-starts-working-idol/

It lists a few tracks in the game, including True Story, which doesn't appear on the current list of songs included.

I'm wondering if it was cut, or if it's just not been revealed yet, which would make it likely that there are other unrevealed tracks.

Also: http://gematsu.com/2013/12/persona-4-dancing-all-night-story-characters-detailed this stats that the game has over 30 tracks, whilst we only currently have 29

That's weird, because I would assume that any and all changes to the game would have been because of the whole Dingo kerfuffle. But I don't see how that would affect the track list, of all things.
Interesting to note, either way.

Looking good! From what I've seen so far, I think I'm going to like Yukiko's dance style the most. Yu's style is a close second.

DNAbro

So I played a bit of FF Type-0 HD and it made me wonder if P5 will do a more in depth time system for spending your day. Like actions take hours and not the whole day.

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone able to access the higher resolution version of the pictures in that article?

Famitsu always uses ridiculously low resolution pictures for their articles.

Usually I'm able to see the higher resolution versions through their gallery just fine, but this time the only one I could get is this:
Through their tweet. The gallery images just appear blank for me.

Jintor

hey can i buy a JPN physicart version of DAN and then buy an english digital version of DAN later

is such a thing even possible

So we've seen Yu, Rise, Kanamin and Yukiko with alt costumes (non DLC), and so far we've had Summer clothes, Halloween, Beach, Butler and Yu's Dojima alt.

Who do you think the next trailer will be for and what alts will they have?

I predict Yosuke and he'll have full Junes apron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom