• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manus

Just beat the first boss in Persona 3 on PSP and man I'm liking it way more than 4. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love 4. But I'm enjoying the characters so much more. Plus the little changes in combat like the pierce and strike attacks and the resting system and their is more of a city to explore. Loving every bit of it. Is this not a popular opinion of Persona fans? I always see people recommend 4 over 3.

FluxWaveZ

Is this not a popular opinion of Persona fans? I always see people recommend 4 over 3.

It's an opinion that many people have, just like others who will have the opinion that Persona 2 is better than both P3 and P4. Most people played Persona 4, so you'll naturally see that recommended more over P3, with some not having experienced the former.

LX_Theo

Banned
Just beat the first boss in Persona 3 on PSP and man I'm liking it way more than 4. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love 4. But I'm enjoying the characters so much more. Plus the little changes in combat like the pierce and strike attacks and the resting system and their is more of a city to explore. Loving every bit of it. Is this not a popular opinion of Persona fans? I always see people recommend 4 over 3.

A lot of the differences between 3 and 4 fall into the realm of preference.

cj_iwakura

They're both great, but I'd reluctantly side with 3. Tighter focus.

I understand liking P3 better than P4, but to me it felt like P3 was trying too hard.

Anyone familiar with having Vita games/DLC from multiple regions on PSN? Since I pre-ordered the P4DAN Vita bundle, I'm wondering how I should get my accounts set up so that I can utilize the DLC that comes with it. As far as I'm aware:

- PSN accounts are region bound, so I can't use my US/NA PSN account to redeem the JP DLC.
- I can only have one PSN account per Vita memory card.
- Memory cards are locked to one Vita at a time, and must be formatted to be used in another one.

With that in mind, is my best approach to create a JP PSN account on one memory card, and use that one for DAN, and then use my (current) NA memory card for everything else? Would anything happen if I were to use the memory card on the DAN Vita, and then put it into my current Vita?

With that in mind, is my best approach to create a JP PSN account on one memory card, and use that one for DAN, and then use my (current) NA memory card for everything else? Would anything happen if I were to use the memory card on the DAN Vita, and then put it into my current Vita?
Yeah, you should choose a memory card and use that for your JP account (and for P4DAN in particular). Like you said, you'll have to "reset" the Vita each time you'll want to move from one to the other, so plan accordingly. If you put a memory activated with another account you simply won't be able to use it, it will be like not having any memory card.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha holy shit. The new after battle card system is so broken in golden. Already have null physical and I wasn't even trying. Fairly early in the game too.

Sophia

Ha, I like this idea from the other thread applied to "joke, official dubs" for video games:

I want to think the original Dothack games had something like that. Parody mode it was called...? There was also that indie shootemup game Jamestown, which had Farce Mode.

I want to think the original Dothack games had something like that. Parody mode it was called...? There was also that indie shootemup game Jamestown, which had Farce Mode.

There's the classic Wave Race: Blue Storm easter egg, where the announcer changes to a sarcastic and bored version, its pretty funny.

I'd like an alt dub that changes the dialogue a la Ghost Stories, the US dub changed it from horror to comedy while keeping the plot intact.

FluxWaveZ

Another example of this kind of localization, though it's not an alternate option, is Recettear. Basically, it's what I would have wanted from Persona 4 the Golden Animation, but applied to the game itself. Extreme levels of self-awareness and characters knowing what's going to happen next because the game's been finished already. Heh, it'd be interesting to see, at least.

Other random thought: Persona 4 Dancing will have a better opening than Persona 4 Golden's.

Meia

Another example of this kind of localization, though it's not an alternate option, is Recettear. Basically, it's what I would have wanted from Persona 4 the Golden Animation, but applied to the game itself. Extreme levels of self-awareness and characters knowing what's going to happen next because the game's been finished already. Heh, it'd be interesting to see, at least.

If Nanako says "Yayifications!", I'm all for this.

This artist drew a pretty incredible model of Aigis in Zbrush.

pSqb.png

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148038

Kinjo

Neo Member

I'm with you, imo Persona 3 had better characters, better music, better waifus, better feels and better atmosphere
but it's not that I don't like P4, it's still one of the best games I've ever played, it's just that it hasn't had the same "magic" to me as P3 when I first played it

I'm with you, imo Persona 3 had better characters, better music, better waifus, better feels and better atmosphere
but it's not that I don't like P4, it's still one of the best games I've ever played, it's just that it hasn't had the same "magic" to me as P3 when I first played it

It seems like this differs from person to person, and mostly matter on your connection to the games. I played P3 first, and because of it being my first Persona/ JRPG, and my huge emotional connection, is what makes Persona 3 my favorite Persona game, and i prefer everything in P3 over P4 (aside from gameplay).

While others can say the same for Persona 4.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
That Aigis is fantastic. I don't know how to say 'nice work on the latex' without sounding like a pervert, so I'll just come out and say nice work on the latex.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't see this mentioned, but Dingo is still making updates for Persona 4: Dancing All Night on their website. They updated it with the news on February 5th, so I guess Atlus weren't just lying when they said Dingo were still involved as consultants or whatever. It's still a really odd position they're in now; they were totally shoved aside.

Dantis

I didn't see this mentioned, but Dingo is still making updates for Persona 4: Dancing All Night on their website. They updated it with the news on February 5th, so I guess Atlus weren't just lying when they said Dingo were still involved as consultants or whatever. It's still a really odd position they're in now; they were totally shoved aside.
That's really, really weird.

Mexen

Cool stuff. Yet to play 4 but I've beaten 3 and I really enjoyed it. Hoping to get my hands on 4 (Vita version) soon as we await the release of 5.

LX_Theo

Banned

My guess is that their position in this is essentially advisors on how to do rhythm games in the first place.

Rubedo

It seems like this differs from person to person, and mostly matter on your connection to the games. I played P3 first, and because of it being my first Persona/ JRPG, and my huge emotional connection, is what makes Persona 3 my favorite Persona game, and i prefer everything in P3 over P4 (aside from gameplay).

Eh. I played P3 first and I still like P4 better. It's just the better game in my opinion, especially mechanically.

Tamanon

Banned
So, Persona 5.

Now that we have a much better understanding of what the game will entail, what game system do you hope they implement?

For me, I would love if they had different personas giving different abilities in the field, not just in combat, even if it's certain types of personas sharing an ability.

Also, side quests that actually take place during the current time period, not backtracking ones like P4.

Tamanon

Banned

I still think P4G is the best in the series, and it's the latest one. I started with Persona 1, so my ranking has actually been pretty steady of liking the newest one the best!

LX_Theo

Banned
I still think P4G is the best in the series, and it's the latest one. I started with Persona 1, so my ranking has actually been pretty steady of liking the newest one the best!

I agree. It suffers from balancing issues from the new stuff, but those positives definitely outweigh the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom