• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbluz

I just hope V is a console game. I don't care if it's last-gen. V deserves better than handheld relegation.

I'm a handheld gamer so I don't mind, but I wish V is in a better handheld than the 3ds.

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/583756256818503680

Atlus USA survey about game audio

Possibly considering dual audio more in future?

They want us to pay more for dual audio. Considering how expensive their games are in here, that just means I'll buy even less of their games day one. I was going to take the survey, but since I'm not that passionate about dual audio I think I'll just skip it. Sorry.

cj_iwakura

They want us to pay more for dual audio. Considering how expensive their games are in here, that just means I'll buy even less of their games day one. I was going to take the survey, but since I'm not that passionate about dual audio I think I'll just skip it. Sorry.

I'm of the opinion that there's more of a vocal minority that want dual audio and it doesn't really impact sales, but who knows. Personally, I don't care, as long as the dub is good. And I sure as hell wouldn't pay more for DA. I only got the Sakura Wars V LE because it was on the PS2.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I just hope V is a console game. I don't care if it's last-gen. V deserves better than handheld relegation.

I won't mind either way, but I do have a slight preference for handhelds since those are the only systems I own personally so therefore I find it easier for me to buy and finish games on handhelds, since My little brother has all the consoles in his room. U__U

PK Gaming

Hello, yes, this actually happened in Persona Q:

(After Yu was put to sleep by an enemy)

Nanako: Big bro, wake up! There's a scary monster!
Yu: I'm sorry I ate... your flan...

#JustPersonaQThings

Meia

Hello, yes, this actually happened in Persona Q:

(After Yu was put to sleep by an enemy)

Nanako: Big bro, wake up! There's a scary monster!
Yu: I'm sorry I ate... your flan...

#JustPersonaQThings

...the added DLC navigation actually adds even more unique lines from the characters? Holy shit, the amount of missable dialogue in this game is awe inspiring.

PK Gaming

...the added DLC navigation actually adds even more unique lines from the characters? Holy shit, the amount of missable dialogue in this game is awe inspiring.

Well not exactly... Yu will always say that when he falls asleep, it was just a nice coincidence.

PK Gaming

RISE-CHEESE

qOjzxWk.jpg

PK Gaming

In an interview, Atlus's Masaru Nanba noted that "Risechie" would not translate well into roman letters for the west, and that the French-sounding "Risette" was chosen instead. This also changed her catchphrase midnight channel introduction from "Rise-Cheese" (りせチーズ Risechīzu) to "Push Risette" (as in "push the reset button").[52]

Nachos

In an interview, Atlus's Masaru Nanba noted that "Risechie" would not translate well into roman letters for the west, and that the French-sounding "Risette" was chosen instead. This also changed her catchphrase midnight channel introduction from "Rise-Cheese" (りせチーズ Risechīzu) to "Push Risette" (as in "push the reset button").[52]
I don't think that answers the question that was being asked.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Can I push the reset button so I never have to hear Rie Kugamia's Rise again?

Watched the second movie of P3 today:
-Holy Messiah, there really is a lot of fanservice in the beginning of the movie. o_O
-
They ruined the Makoto x Yukari moment at the beach. ):< I mean come on, why does Aigis gets to hug him? Okay you guys know I dislike Aigis so of course I would dislike her Orgia Mode moment
-All the boss battles were awesome. Specially
the All Out Attack with Akihiko's famous line.
-Hmm, not sure if it's just me but, they seemed to flanderize Aki a bit about his dedication to training. At least there wasn't any mention of protein.
-I really like how they handled
Ken, Shinji and Koromaru. It's a lot different from the game but I think it's also better. The shock from admiring Shinjiro as an awesome guy to then realizing that he's a murderer? Wow. They really made Ken a lot more sympathetic in this.And really like what they did with Makoto and Ken's relationship. .) In the original game there was almost nothing of it, I really wanted to sit down with Ken and talk with him. Though I did lose a lot of respect for Makoto when he didn't stop or asked Ken what the hell at their goodbye, and how he ignored Akihiko until the last moment to kill the wheel. Suffer, Makoto, suffer from watching Shinji's photo at his funeral!
-
Hmm, they really wanted to show the audience that if Shinji didn't take the pills or if he survived the gunshot he would eventually be killed by his Persona. Honestly I didn't like this a lot since I always felt that they reason they said that in the game and yet there was no scene of it was because they wanted to make feel the players "hey, Ken isn't a bad guy, Shinji would die regardless so you don't need to hate him!
-There's probably one of the most hilarious scenes in the Persona series in this movie, you'll recognize it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Next to none, by the sounds of it. He helped with the scenario, I think?

Yeah, I remember his name being next to something like that during the credits. But I almost wasn't sure if it was credited mostly in name without a whole lot of supervising going on. Was wondering if there ever was an interview elaborating on what he did, but I guess not.

Drop

-
They ruined the Makoto x Yukari moment at the beach. ):< I mean come on, why does Aigis gets to hug him? Okay you guys know I dislike Aigis so of course I would dislike her Orgia Mode moment
-I really like how they handled
Ken, Shinji and Koromaru. It's a lot different from the game but I think it's also better. The shock from admiring Shinjiro as an awesome guy to then realizing that he's a murderer? Wow. They really made Ken a lot more sympathetic in this.And really like what they did with Makoto and Ken's relationship. .) In the original game there was almost nothing of it, I really wanted to sit down with Ken and talk with him. Though I did lose a lot of respect for Makoto when he didn't stop or asked Ken what the hell at their goodbye, and how he ignored Akihiko until the last moment to kill the wheel. Suffer, Makoto, suffer from watching Shinji's photo at his funeral!

-
I like Aigis, but since Yukari is my favorite persona character I was really disappointed too, I'm ok with them going the MakotoxAigis way, but they took one of Yukari's best moments away from her, that scene is really the only problem I have with the movie, everything else was perfect imo.
-I completely agree
the movie handled the relationship between Ken and Shinji way better than the game did, it changed how a couple of things play out, but it was really for the better.
Ken feels like an overall better character in the movie just because they took care of actually building up to the October full moon properly.

l7txR6J.png

and new costumes have been added, as well as a buying guide, that is useless for 90% of us, but you can at least see the various preorder bonuses.

And the mystery new track has been removed from the song list.

Lusankya

and new costumes have been added

Again no new costumes for Kanami. We only saw one alternative costume for her so far, I guess the other ones are meant as a surprise or something like that?

Next week should feature Naoto's video, given her placement in the character section.

Again no new costumes for Kanami. We only saw one alternative costume for her so far, I guess the other ones are meant as a surprise or something like that?

Next week should feature Naoto's video, given her placement in the character section.

Or they didn't bother with any more for her because they know that nobody would want to play as her anyway and effort is best spent on the investigation team. No new ones for Teddie either though.

My money is on PV2 next week.

CorvoSol

In an interview, Atlus's Masaru Nanba noted that "Risechie" would not translate well into roman letters for the west, and that the French-sounding "Risette" was chosen instead. This also changed her catchphrase midnight channel introduction from "Rise-Cheese" (&#12426;&#12379;&#12481;&#12540;&#12474; Risech&#299;zu) to "Push Risette" (as in "push the reset button").[52]

Why is the Japanese Persona fanbase so into food character pairings

l7txR6J.png

and new costumes have been added, as well as a buying guide, that is useless for 90% of us, but you can at least see the various preorder bonuses.

And the mystery new track has been removed from the song list.

Nanako voice: I WANNA BE THE BEST BANCHO

Squire

Banned
IV did really really well, highest debut for a megaten game in the west too(I think).

Everything is relative. That doesn't indicate it did so well they'd feel confident putting it on a console. But I don't think it's worth putting much thought into because by the time it releases, the landscape will probably be different; Nintdndo will probably be focused on the NX at that point. So it could be for that, it could be for PS4, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom