• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm also blaming Arue for possibly getting me into collecting persona figures

But they look so good!

Crap, double post, i forgot to edit my last comment instead :x

Yo that thanatos looks awesome. I regret not picking it up cheap on amazon last year. It is like 70 dollars now.

Also koromaru how :eek:

yeah, saw this earlier. Kinda disappointed...but at the same time, the (P3 ENDING SPOILERS)
rooftop scene with Aigis was slightly touched on, i hope they make it more dramatic between Makoto and Aigis since Makoto has an actual personality now, and since they are the "canon relationship" in the movies

Yo that thanatos looks awesome. I regret not picking it up cheap on amazon last year. It is like 70 dollars now.

Also koromaru how :eek:

Yeah, spent $75 on Thanatos, but so worth it

Koromaru actually came with Metis, for who knows why. Not complaining here though, basically a free figure for me

I don't think this rules out the possibility of an Answer movie or OVA, could just refer to the fact that it's the final part of P3 rather than the final movie.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, even though this was my initial reaction too. Maybe it's just a title meant as a send-off to The Journey, and then The Answer in a 5th movie. But i'm being too hopeful here, don't want to be disappointed in something that was never announced

CorvoSol

t5uz8qg.png

Do we know who that is in the painting behind Rise yet?

I think it's way more likely the one behind Rise in the screenshot is a she in this case.

I think the statues surrounding it make it look like he's supposed to be Yukiko's prince. Especially since the trailer makes it look as if that stage is called "Eternal Romance"

Dantis

Does anyone else think that the stages on P4D so far look really bad? I can't believe how boring they all look. They really should have just done iconic settings from P4, I think.

I felt like going back to see what the different stages are called: Yu's is "Sexy Lounge Tomoe?" not sure about that last word, Kanami's looks like she just has a standard real world stage. Yosuke's trailer shows "Welcome to the Circus," there's also one that looks like a Japanese festival, and one called "Mayanaka Stage." and Kanji's has is "Let's Play with Dolls."

Does anyone else think that the stages on P4D so far look really bad? I can't believe how boring they all look. They really should have just done iconic settings from P4, I think.

There could be more variety, none of them really seem to stand out in any way. I didn't even notice some of the different themes until just now when I was specifically looking at them.

CorvoSol

I won't deny they all look sort of samey to me, but I also have to admit I haven't paid a lot of attention to them either.

Dantis

There could be more variety, none of them really seem to stand out in any way. I didn't even notice some of the different themes until just now when I was specifically looking at them.

Mhmm, exactly.

I hope there's a lot more variety, but I have a feeling there isn't. I don't see why they'd keep something like that close to their chest.

Lusankya

I think the statues surrounding it make it look like he's supposed to be Yukiko's prince. Especially since the trailer makes it look as if that stage is called "Eternal Romance"

Well, we all know what gender Yukiko's first prince had. So I am all in that this is a female and a member of Kanamin Kitchen.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Kinokuniya the book store had dedicated JP gaming artbook and guide section and I went kind of crazy. They also had a ton of Persona manga and even the naoto detective book

There's two Kinokuniyas in the Bay Area (SF and SJ) and they also have a dedicated section with a bunch of game art books. Always browse through them but never get around to picking anything up.

I was in Singapore last week and it was amazing. I actually saw megaten games in stores. One store, Zepygames (where MSMRRound works) had Persona 4 Dancing all night and Q trailers playing. I also saw Persona games in a store for the first time

I see you enjoyed Heaven.

Jachaos

Anyone know anything about a release of the Persona Super Live 2015 show on DVD/Blu-ray?

Edit: Never mind, got my answer. No release date yet though...

I was in Singapore last week and it was amazing. I actually saw megaten games in stores. One store, Zepygames (where MSMRRound works) had Persona 4 Dancing all night and Q trailers playing. I also saw Persona games in a store for the first time ( i live in India).

Nice, the most I've seen in a store is at Future Shop, many copies of Persona 4 Golden placed prominently in the Vita section to that day (it was the last time I went to Québec City, 3 months ago, so it was cool that it was still being well displayed).

RIP Future Shop

Sophia

Man, i think i actually would like a Persona Fighting game in the style of Smash or Playstation All Stars

I always thought Power Stone's gameplay with a Tobal No 1/Tobal 2* style story mode would work out really well. It would allow for traditional fighter and Smash Bros style matches, but also give them a justification for a very RPG like fighter mode.

Imagine if, instead of overly long cutscenes with a poor structure and a few fights in between, we got a fully fledged story like Persona Q, with a huge Tartarus like dungeon to explore. Pick a Persona user, level them up, get new equipment and new movies, fight off shadows, etc, in order to progress the story.

I don't know about you guys, but that would be a hell of a lot more interesting to me than a a decent story wrapped up in a poor structure. Or Guilty Gear Xrd's "No fighting, story only" OVA structure.

(*You all should go check out these games. Quest mode is awesome.)

cj_iwakura

I always thought Power Stone's gameplay with a Tobal No 1/Tobal 2* style story mode would work out really well. It would allow for traditional fighter and Smash Bros style matches, but also give them a justification for a very RPG like fighter mode.

Imagine if, instead of overly long cutscenes with a poor structure and a few fights in between, we got a fully fledged story like Persona Q, with a huge Tartarus like dungeon to explore. Pick a Persona user, level them up, get new equipment and new movies, fight off shadows, etc, in order to progress the story.

I don't know about you guys, but that would be a hell of a lot more interesting to me than a a decent story wrapped up in a poor structure. Or Guilty Gear Xrd's "No fighting, story only" OVA structure.

(*You all should go check out these games. Quest mode is awesome.)

It can be good for a fighting game story mode to have an intense fight or two, though. The climax of Continuum Shift, for instance, wouldn't nearly be as rewarding if you weren't playing as an uber Ragna beating the hell out of Terumi.

Sophia

It can be good for a fighting game story mode to have an intense fight or two, though. The climax of Continuum Shift, for instance, wouldn't nearly be as rewarding if you weren't playing as an uber Ragna beating the hell out of Terumi.

I'm not disagreeing with that. One thing I really disliked about Guilty Gear Xrd is that their solution to the issues with previous ArcSys story modes was to get rid of the gameplay entirely. While this is unquestionably better for the story, it's also worse for the game itself.

There's so much potential for a good fighting game story, and Persona presents itself with a unique setting to break out of the traditional mold. Golden Arena in Ultimax was all sorts of awesome too. I'd love to see them expand and merge the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom