• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again no new costumes for Kanami. We only saw one alternative costume for her so far, I guess the other ones are meant as a surprise or something like that?

Next week should feature Naoto's video, given her placement in the character section.

The order after Kanji for trailers will probably be teddie, naoto and yukiko last.

if you go to the official p4d website, and look at the character section

http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/character/

if you click on a profile, you look at the url and there's a number associated with each character. Kanji is http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/character/character06.html

Teddie is character07
Naoto is character08
Yukiko is character09

The prior week was Chie, who's url is character05. Before that, Yosuke who's character04, etc.

I think it'll follow this, despite Rise's trailer coming out before Yu's.

Lusankya

The order after Kanji for trailers will probably be teddie, naoto and yukiko last.

if you go to the official p4d website, and look at the character section

http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/character/

if you click on a profile, you look at the url and there's a number associated with each character. Kanji is http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/character/character06.html

Teddie is character07
Naoto is character08
Yukiko is character09

The prior week was Chie, who's url is character05. Before that, Yosuke who's character04, etc.

I think it'll follow this, despite Rise's trailer coming out before Yu's.

I think they will keep the female/male/female/etc rhythm, that's why I picked Naoto.
But maybe CrimsonFist is right and there will be a non character video, because last time they released three character videos in a row we got the gameplay videos.

In an interview, Atlus's Masaru Nanba noted that "Risechie" would not translate well into roman letters for the west, and that the French-sounding "Risette" was chosen instead. This also changed her catchphrase midnight channel introduction from "Rise-Cheese" (りせチーズ Risechīzu) to "Push Risette" (as in "push the reset button").[52]

...I feel kinda dumb that it took me this long to realize what Push Risette meant. I actually don't remember her ever saying it in P4, only remember hearing it in Ultimax when I fight against Rise. Thought I was hearing her wrong the whole time since 'Push Risette' meant no sense to me.

Dantis

Kanji's dancing is terrible. I really liked the part where he's dancing with Naoto though. I don't normally like Naoto being paired off with Kanji, but it was actually really cool.

EDIT: Updated confirmed costumes list:

Rise: Winter uniform, summer casual, halloween (the only one that repeats, but Rise's halloween outfit is new)

Narukami: Summer uniform, butler, Hard boiled

Kanamin: Swimsuit

Yosuke: Festival jubei, Halloween, Junes apron

Chie: Cheerleader, midwinter casual, Bruce Lee outfit

Kanji: Camping trip outfit, midwinter casual, Purple duster

Repeating the midwinter outfit suggests that they're probably running out of costume sets to use? There's a few from P4G that aren't in yet, so maybe they're just not in the game?

Lunar15

That's the point! it's the first time since Rise that someone's actually had a realistic dancing style that matches the character! It's goofy and I love it.

FluxWaveZ

Just got this:
RgRi3Li.jpg
Definitely the definitive art book for the P4A games, even though there will be a few pages from both the P4A and P4AU official design works that are not included in this one, omitting some pieces of character concept art and such.

The P4A interview is the one conducted in August 2012, taken from the P4A official design works. The P4AU interview is new, conducted in February 2015 and featuring Kazuhisa Wada (Atlus), Takumi Iguchiya (Arc System Works) and Mysterious Maskman (Arc System Works). It's five pages long, and they talk about Shadow Marie, Junpei's particularly weird character concepts, Akihiko's epilogue design, Kikuno and EVO.

Dantis

Just got this:

Definitely the definitive art book for the P4A games, even though there will be a few pages from both the P4A and P4AU official design works that are not included in this one, omitting some pieces of character concept art and such.

The P4A interview is the one conducted in August 2012, taken from the P4A official design works. The P4AU interview is new, conducted in February 2015 and featuring Kazuhisa Wada (Atlus), Takumi Iguchiya (Arc System Works) and Mysterious Maskman (Arc System Works). It's five pages long, and they talk about Shadow Marie, Junpei's particularly weird character concepts, Akihiko's epilogue design, Kikuno and EVO.

Does it have any art that isn't in the previous books?

PK Gaming

Just got this:

Interesting, do you have an idea of what they said about Marie? I really can't wait until it gets translated.

Kanji's dancing is terrible. I really liked the part where he's dancing with Naoto though. I don't normally like Naoto being paired off with Kanji, but it was actually really cool.

EDIT: Updated confirmed costumes list:

Rise: Winter uniform, summer casual, halloween (the only one that repeats, but Rise's halloween outfit is new)

Narukami: Summer uniform, butler, Hard boiled

Kanamin: Swimsuit

Yosuke: Festival jubei, Halloween, Junes apron

Chie: Cheerleader, midwinter casual, Bruce Lee outfit

Kanji: Camping trip outfit, midwinter casual, Purple duster

Repeating the midwinter outfit suggests that they're probably running out of costume sets to use? There's a few from P4G that aren't in yet, so maybe they're just not in the game?

You missed a couple:

Narukami: Winter uniform, Winter casual
Yosuke: Winter uniform, Winter casual,
Kanji: Winter casual
Chie: Winter casual
Yukiko: Winter uniform, Winter casual
Naoto: Winter uniform, Winter casual

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=92744

FluxWaveZ

Does it have any art that isn't in the previous books?

Yes, a ton; it is 400 pages huge, after all. Every single character has combat story boards, including ones for the unique animations for Shadows, new moves for the P4A characters, and all of the P4AU characters. Every single piece of promo art that the previous art books didn't have is in this. In terms of unseen concept art, there's not much new of note aside from minor things like a few sprites of an Elizabeth attack where demonic hands would reach out from her Compendium to grab the opponent, or a couple of small new finalized concept art illustrations for Yukari.

Edit: Oh yeah, Mitsuru had a concept entrance where she would ride into battle with her special motorcycle, jump off and strike a stylish pose. That looked pretty cool.

How much?

3,780 yen.

Squire

Banned
SMTIV sold better than every SMT game.

And it's also divorced from Nocturne by, what, a decade? Meaning the genre, video game sales, the whole industry was in a different place altogether.

It's great that it sold well, but again, everything is relative. It's not 2004 anymore; Being "the best selling SMT" does not indicate that the number of copies it sold was so high, they'd be willing to put the next one on a console in 2017 or whenever we presume this is releasing.

And it's also divorced from Nocturne by, what, a decade? Meaning the genre, video game sales, the whole industry was in a different place altogether.

It's great that it sold well, but again, everything is relative. It's not 2004 anymore; Being "the best selling SMT" does not indicate that the number of copies it sold was so high, they'd be willing to put the next one on a console in 2017 or whenever we presume this is releasing.

to be fair, its not far off from smt sj, which also started life as smtiv but changed names when it ended up so different

sj also sold poorly if i recall

FluxWaveZ

I hope this isn't too much trouble but can I see the Marie concept art?

...Nah, sorry, can't do that. There's no unseen, special concept art for her anyways, it's just the usual profile concept art for character reference designs.

Sure, but when it's one of Atlus' best selling games of all time, and when we consider that Persona 5 could bring the advent of more Megaten games to consoles due to its resources, along with Atlus' claim that they will be making an effort on home consoles following the release of the next generation platforms, I actually doubt that SMTV will be a handheld game.

Squire

Banned
...Nah, sorry, can't do that. There's no unseen, special concept art for her anyways, it's just the usual profile concept art for character reference designs.

Sure, but when it's one of Atlus' best selling games of all time, and when we consider that Persona 5 could bring the advent of more Megaten games to consoles due to its resources, along with Atlus' claim that they will be making an effort on home consider conoles following the release of the next generation platforms, I actually doubt that SMTV will be a handheld game.

Ah, fair enough. Supplemented with all of that it does seem much more likely.

I think if SMT X FE does indeed have more megaten than it lets on and P5 Persona/Demon assets + engine, console megatens have more of a shot than ever before.

Megaten and Atlus historically gets a lot of mileage out of its assets and engines so having new ones to use will aid in that.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting, do you have an idea of what they said about Marie? I really can't wait until it gets translated.

Nope. If I had to guess from looking at it, it'd be that they weren't sure about how to necessarily include her within the game to fit the narrative, so they were initially unsure about whether or not she should have a Shadow version.

I'm curious about what they have to say about Evolution Championship 2015, and whatever possible thing they might say about the future of the P4A franchise like they did in the P4A interview.

As I posted on Twitter, the inside cover art for the art book, featuring the arcana of the significant characters in the P4A games:

Dantis

You missed a couple:

Narukami: Winter uniform, Winter casual
Yosuke: Winter uniform, Winter casual,
Kanji: Winter casual
Chie: Winter casual
Yukiko: Winter uniform, Winter casual
Naoto: Winter uniform, Winter casual

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=92744

What I meant was that each trailer has revealed two new costume sets and a unique costume for that character, and I was making a list of which were revealed, with the assumption that each character also has a costume from the same set.

So ordered my copy of the P3P soundtrack, so that's the last P3 soundtrack I needed.

Of course I also ordered the Ultimax Design Works book on top of that.

For once, the book was more expensive than my shipping was.

FluxWaveZ

...I did though. Lol, sorry, I just called it the wrong thing.

But yes, I got the book that you just received, despite having the first book in English.

Oh. It's because there's also an actual Ultimax Official Design works that I own (released in December 2014), and both that and the original P4A Official Design Works were combined to create the P4A and U Super Official Design Works.

Oh. It's because there's also an actual Ultimax Official Design works that I own (released in December 2014), and both that and the original P4A Official Design Works were combined to create the P4A and U Super Official Design Works.

Yeah, I have the Ultimax book (in Japanese) and the Arena art book (in English) as well but I just inadvertently called the Super Design Works book the Ultimax book.

Still, I'll probably pick up a translated version of the Super Design Works book if Udon decides to localize it.

Uncle AJ

What's everyone's thoughts on the direction of the P4U series? I'm inclined to believe it's seen its last days, but maybe I'm pessimistic?

- No more fighting games?
- A P4U3 eventually, building off the same template?
- Revisit a fighting game later once Persona 5 gains some notoriety?
- A new fighting game in the same style but using a different franchise?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I have the Ultimax book (in Japanese) and the Arena art book (in English) as well but I just inadvertently called the Super Design Works book the Ultimax book.

Still, I'll probably pick up a translated version of the Super Design Works book if Udon decides to localize it.

Ah, gotcha. Adding to that, there was also the "Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold: The Complete Guide" that I bought for some reason. Man, this was back before Rise, [Redacted], Margaret, Ken & Koromaru and Marie were announced for the game...

What's everyone's thoughts on the direction of the P4U series? I'm inclined to believe it's seen its last days, but maybe I'm pessimistic?

If P4U3 never comes into existence, it certainly won't be because of lack of sales or lack of critical reception.

They probably talk about the potential future of the P4A series in the new art book. What I'd want to see most is, as P4A was to BBCT and P4AU was to BBCP, I would want P4U3 to be similar to Xrd. This concerns the art style, potential reboot of the roster, and story mode structure.

Option 2 or 3 seems good with me.
I just hate Ultimax's story that much and want it to go out on a high note.

I was in Singapore last week and it was amazing. I actually saw megaten games in stores. One store, Zepygames (where MSMRRound works) had Persona 4 Dancing all night and Q trailers playing. I also saw Persona games in a store for the first time ( i live in India).

1lx3W.png

Kinokuniya the book store had dedicated JP gaming artbook and guide section and I went kind of crazy. They also had a ton of Persona manga and even the naoto detective book.

1ibdh.png

And the nendooroid store had SMT mini one coin figures so I got some demons as well including Jack Frost + Pyro Jack.

16oIv.png

Here are some pics. If anyone wants pics of stuff inside the artbooks, let me know here and ill send you some via PM. Also Dantis, remember I asked Atlusprime about the booklet that came with he Q wild cards edition? The official artbook is SOOOOOO much bigger and is totally worth buying. The P4GA book has some images from the show + loads of sketches of the characters in the show and the scenes.

17DVB.png

Also found the PQ JP guide. Not much use but I still bought it with the Soejima artworks that is out of print in english.

115pp.png

Also the persona anniversary magazine came with an ultimax carry bag and has some ffan art, merch pics and list and some other info.

cMDP.png

Aigis nendoroid :3 and SMTIV artbook

1c35S.png

arue

>Aigis nendo

Welcome to the club \o/

On a more serious note, I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. I'd definitely visit Zepygames if I have the chance to go visit Singapore again.

After almost a year of putting down Persona 4 Golden on Vita without even scratching the surface of what the game has to offer, I've decided to dust off my save file and try to resume where I left off. I only put it down due to getting sidetracked and then getting involved with a plethora of other games (my mortal sin as a gamer).

This is my first and only Persona game, and with P5 arriving on PS4 I'd like to make a concerted effort to try and finish it. I loved what I played of it and I remember well enough a few integral bits of story and character info but, I need some help.

I'm supposed to save Kanji. I can't seem to access any dungeons to "train" (isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing in the lead up to saving him?) and while I'm told to get "more info", I have no idea who to talk to or where to go for that.

It seems like I have a lot of time to kill before it's too late. There doesn't seem to be a rainy day in sight.

Also, should I even try and pick up where I left off or just start over again? I don't know if I feel like starting over again...

Oh hey guys and gals what's going on in this threa-...

This trip is where I saw nendoroids for the first time IRL after amiami and pics online for months. I didnt even know this one existed until Arue tweeted about it a few days before.

Could not pass this chance up because Aigis :D

>Aigis nendo

Welcome to the club \o/

On a more serious note, I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip. I'd definitely visit Zepygames if I have the chance to go visit Singapore again.

:D Thanks Now I just need to find shelf space for them lol. Also hopefully next time I go there Ill buy the Aigis figma.

After almost a year of putting down Persona 4 Golden on Vita without even scratching the surface of what the game has to offer, I've decided to dust off my save file and try to resume where I left off. I only put it down due to getting sidetracked and then getting involved with a plethora of other games (my mortal sin as a gamer).

This is my first and only Persona game, and with P5 arriving on PS4 I'd like to make a concerted effort to try and finish it. I loved what I played of it and I remember well enough a few integral bits of story and character info but, I need some help.

I'm supposed to save Kanji. I can't seem to access any dungeons to "train" (isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing in the lead up to saving him?) and while I'm told to get "more info", I have no idea who to talk to or where to go for that.

It seems like I have a lot of time to kill before it's too late. There doesn't seem to be a rainy day in sight.

Also, should I even try and pick up where I left off or just start over again? I don't know if I feel like starting over again...

Without giving it away, talk to all the npcs. You have to investigate Kanji before you can continue with the game.

Zyrox

I certainly hope the Pesona Arena series continues. Say about the story what you want but it is a very fun fighting game with a unique twist in the Persona mechanic. So I think, if this series continues, that the next entry will be Persona 5 Arena, i.e. centered around the P5 cast (though P3 and P4 characters would also be present) and playing some time after the events of P5. I'd hope for that that they'd adapt a 2.5D artstyle akin to Guilty Gear Xrd. Mechanically I guess it could be pretty similar to what we have now, I have no problems with the current system. The damage could be toned down a little though.

Sophia

The one thing I'd like to see for a future Persona cross-over game is either doing it in Xrd's engine, or in another style entirely (Power Stone? Smash Bros maybe?)

I'd also like to see the story mode expanded upon without it turning into a two/three hour OVA. Maybe with the transition to a 3D fighting style like Xrd's, go full RPG/Fighting game hybrid or something.

CorvoSol

Another day, another sexy art request served hot by x84

(Though believe it or not, I didn't make this request)

Artist be all "Shit I was doing great till I got to Fuuka's hands. Well Fuuka is an empty vortex of spiraling boring in P3 so I'll reflect that here."

The one thing I'd like to see for a future Persona cross-over game is either doing it in Xrd's engine, or in another style entirely (Power Stone? Smash Bros maybe?)

I'd also like to see the story mode expanded upon without it turning into a two/three hour OVA. Maybe with the transition to a 3D fighting style like Xrd's, go full RPG/Fighting game hybrid or something.

Man, i think i actually would like a Persona Fighting game in the style of Smash or Playstation All Stars

This trip is where I saw nendoroids for the first time IRL after amiami and pics online for months. I didnt even know this one existed until Arue tweeted about it a few days before.

Could not pass this chance up because Aigis :D

:D Thanks Now I just need to find shelf space for them lol. Also hopefully next time I go there Ill buy the Aigis figma.

Yeah, i'm also blaming Arue for possibly getting me into collecting persona figures

But they look so good!

Crap, double post, i forgot to edit my last comment instead :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom