• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Hmm, so I've been wondering for awhile now. Should I skip IS and go straight to EP?

Oh god no. They're duology's, they're meant to be played one after another.

If you'e seriously gonna start P2:IS, check out my handy dandy beginner's guide. (seriously doooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiit)

These hints & tips might make it easier to play through Persona 2:IS. Or maybe not? It's worth a shot.

• Persona 2 is easy. Like mind numbingly easy (enemies do 1 damage in the first dungeon, easy), so if you want to experience any sort of challenge, do not buy armor.
  • Follow this spoiler free walkthrough. It's extremely helpful and has contact info for demons. Tarot cards are needed to obtain Personas, and tarot cards are obtained from doing contacts (In other words, the guide will tell you what contact you should use for each demon. It also clues you on how to do evolve your character's initial Persona (they can be missed!) and other helpful secrets.
  • Indulge in fusion spells. In addition to being very powerful crowd clearers, fusion spells make leveling up Personas easier, and can produce mutations. Mutations can give you access to "hidden" skills, increase a Personas stats, increase a Personas rank or give them access to a modification ability, which allows them to change into another Persona. Mutations are chance based, and will only activate if you finish a battle with a fusion spell, so it's definitely in your best interest to spam fusion spells.
  • When leveling up, focus on magic (or "DX"), VIT and AGI. The rest of the stats are largely superfluous (I got through the game fine ignoring LUK and STR)

Rainy

Banned
Dammit it's my first playthrough of P4G and
I just missed the Christmas Eve event with Rise. I beat Adachi on 12/20 but still didn't get it. I only had her social link at level 8, didn't know it needed to be maxed. The only save possible where I can max it is too far back for me to care. Guess I'll just catch it on youtube. Is there a New Years Event with your GF? Does the s.link need to be maxed for that as well
?

PK Gaming

Thanks for sharing my interview. It was awesome talking to Nich and John about this stuff.

Don't mention it. You asked some very good questions and got some very good answers as a result.

I can't figure out what tatsuya is doing constantly. Is he taking something out of his jacket front pocket?

P2IS_Lighter.png

He's taking his zippo lighter out and flicking it.

Makio

So Fire Emblem IF is released in June 25 th , same day as Dancing All Night.

Thank god i dont buy the games in japanese release because if a want to choose
Fire Emblem all the way

Too many good games ... little time and money.

So Fire Emblem IF is released in June 25 th , same day as Dancing All Night.

Thank god i dont buy the games in japanese release because if a want to choose
Fire Emblem all the way

Too many good games ... little time and money.

If I had to buy the games in Japan on 25th june, FE IF special edition, P4DAN, IA VT Colorful

rip. luckily im waiting for localized versions lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I meant it as odder than I'm used to with my previous experiences with SMT games. The guide linked earlier helps you through it but it just seemed like you just do the same actions over and over for specific demons?

I actually kinda sorta liked the randomness of demon negotiations.

CorvoSol

Grinding for Level 55 w/every character in ESC's bottom floor against the gold eyeball thing
Acing the fight every time
Mamudos or Stone Breath's Kanji every time
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Dantis

Hey guys, I just realised we haven't had an art contest/event/whateveryouwanttocallit in a while. Want to do one? Someone think of a good premise.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Hey guys, I just realised we haven't had an art contest/event/whateveryouwanttocallit in a while. Want to do one? Someone think of a good premise.

I'd be happy to join in, but given that my only notable contribution to the group has been drawing Persona characters as food, I should probably decline from making any suggestions.

Wait, my mistake, I think the surprise scoop is unrelated to Dancing, although there is still Dancing stuff, sorry. Probably better to wait for a proper translation.

nvm, I was right the first time, there's a Dancing Poster included as well. Thanks Mystic for checking for me.

My guesses for the scoop are either Marie, something to do with that mystery song that showed up on the website for a while, or the proper reveal of the Personas. We'll probably get Nanako art as well.

Dantis

Just looking around, and it looks like P4G PV2 came out in April, with the game being released at the end of June. I think Flux is probably right that P4D PV2 could happen any time, and I think it'll probably have clips of the opening video in it.

Levito

Banned
Hey so we did an off topic Episode of Slink where we talked about the legacy of Final Fantasy. I figured that a good portion of Persona fans(and RPG fans) probably started with Final Fantasy as one of their first RPGs so it was still worth posting here.

(Click image for episode link)

This was the first Ep were I was entirely absent. WEIRD.

PK Gaming

Hmm, so is this art contest a one day thing?

Might be interested in joining in.

Oh no, it's usually a lot longer than that. The idea is that for a set period of time (couple of weeks?), PersonaGAF will be exclusively focused on one character. During "Rise" month for example, everyone rocked Rise avatars, posted Rise fanart, and a bunch of the resident PersonaGAF artists drew Rise fanart. It's usually a good time.

Feel free to check out Rise month to see how it was done.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah alright.

Probably won't switch avatars (still grieving the late great Terry Pratchett), but I'll join in on some art fun if I have the time.

I'd be down for another art challenge, haven't drawn in so long it would be good to get back into it.

Mitsuru sounds like a good start off point too.

Someone should notify buddha, he was usually the organiser of these.

LMAO has anything interesting been announced re: P5 since the trailer/famitsu article? I need good news after the tragedies that are Hashtag Fire Emblem and Fantasy Life 2.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
LMAO has anything interesting been announced re: P5 since the trailer/famitsu article? I need good news after the tragedies that are Hashtag Fire Emblem and Fantasy Life 2.

Nope, probably not for a while. People have been hoping maybe 05-5? Cause...lots of five lol. I'm thinking, at worse, we wont get anything till P4D is out with that special p5 bluerays that will come with some copies of the game in Japan. >___<

Makio

Still thinking nothing is going to happen in May 5th.

And the blu ray of p5 (of the dancing all night preorder) gonna reveal the release date of the game

I cant actually imagine what is in the blu ray, a 16 minutes trailer , gameplay stuff , interviews with the producers... or something like that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom