• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Ko7KePN.png

:p

Great episode, though. Can't wait to hear Part 2!

You didn't edit, record, and make the post for that one though. ;D

Glad you liked it though! Those folks are too smart.

Setsu00

yl8lKPG.png

0901a7e095b79c3456598ceda93ce3b39838.png

The Crazy Value Pack box.

Looks like the Premium Crazy Box will have a different design, which hasn't been revealed yet.

This looks incredibly awesome and reminds me that I still have to finish that picture of Liz, Marge, Marie and Theo...
I suck at coloring :(

CorvoSol

Got all my level 2 Personas in Q, so now it's time to march through the last two floors and wage war on the final boss.

Course I still need a fuck ton of cash to outfit my part.

Also: It would've been crazy awesome to do a multi-pary dungeon in this game like in FF6. I love those things, cuz they make better use of your gigantic cast.

Also: It would've been crazy awesome to do a multi-pary dungeon in this game like in FF6. I love those things, cuz they make better use of your gigantic cast.

It's a good idea in concept, but considering that neglected party members don't gain exp, it would just be annoying having to make and maintain a second party in Persona Q.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I slapped a growth accessory on each person out of my main party as soon as it became available to purchase - would have thought most people would do the same.

I'm currently on Evil Spirit Club with my P4 cast playthrough. The scenes have been a lot of fun, and noticably different to the P3 route.

I slapped a growth accessory on each person out of my main party as soon as it became available to purchase - would have thought most people would do the same.

I'm currently on Evil Spirit Club with my P4 cast playthrough. The scenes have been a lot of fun, and noticably different to the P3 route.
I did, but that still leaves most of them far behind, especially because of how weak growth 1 is

DNAbro

Hmm I wasn't going to say anything but I found this kind of interesting. Take with grain of salt. I follow someone on twitter who today started talking about the Deus Ex announcement and how it was one of the hardest secrets he has had to keep, he also implied that he either knew or worked with the actor for Jensen. As background info I follow this person from previous work, he created a story that I really liked and is also currently creating an independent movie.

Interestingly back when the Persona 5 trailer first came out he spoke about he had good authority that the localization team for P5 was top notch. He was also surprised to see how excited people are for P5.

I'm just going to take a guess that he is somehow involved with localization or is maybe working with the voice actors who are working on the game, which would mean that localization is definitely underway for those who are doubting and chances are voice recording as well.

I would link to their twitter but I don't know if they could get in trouble or not. My description may already be to specific for some lol. I'll PM it if someone asks.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't mean anything except confirm localization is definitely underway which many of us expected anyways.

Hmm I wasn't going to say anything but I found this kind of interesting. Take with grain of salt. I follow someone on twitter who today started talking about the Deus Ex announcement and how it was one of the hardest secrets he has had to keep, he also implied that he either knew or worked with the actor for Jensen. As background info I follow this person from previous work, he created a story that I really liked and is also currently creating an independent movie.

Interestingly back when the Persona 5 trailer first came out he spoke about he had good authority that the localization team for P5 was top notch. He was also surprised to see how excited people are for P5.

I'm just going to take a guess that he is somehow involved with localization or is maybe working with the voice actors who are working on the game, which would mean that localization is definitely underway for those who are doubting and chances are voice recording as well.

I would link to their twitter but I don't know if they could get in trouble or not. My description may already be to specific for some lol. I'll PM it if someone asks.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't mean anything except confirm localization is definitely underway which many of us expected anyways.

He could just have been referring to Atlus USA in general I suppose, although that does sound like he might know something. Interesting if they were working on it that early though, considering we only fairly recently got hints that they were doing the voice work for Dancing and Atlus Japan claimed that the game wasn't finished at that point.

Tamanon

Banned

Alex Hall? Doubt he really knows anything beyond the usual Atlus USA team is a top-notch localization team.

Ok, let's make this official. MITSURU ART CHALLENGE BEGINS NOW!

mitsuru.jpg

So for those people who are new here, we used to do this quite often, basically we pick a character, set a time limit and then everyone posts their own artwork of said character and when the time limit is up, we compile all of the posts together to show off everyone's work.

This time the challenge is The Imperious Queen of Executions herself Mitsuru Kirijo!

So get your pencils, your pens, your drawing tablets, your photoshops, your fanfics, your poems, whatever you feel like. If its Mitsuru related, then it fits here!

Also, dont be afraid of not being good enough, everything is welcome and celebrated here, we've had everything from stick figures to printwork level art!

You've got until Saturday the 25th of April at 23:59 PST to get your work in, so get cracking! And make sure to include #MitsuruArtChallenge in your post in order to make it easier to find for the final post.

Let's have fun!

DNAbro

Hmm just asked him if he worked with the team on Dues Ex and he said no. Seems like he just knows some people who told him, so he may just know some people working on P5.

Dantis

If I had anything to bet, I'd bet on it just in the name of hilarity. :p

I'll be surprised if it's another brand new Soejima illustration for a start. :/

Man, I can't believe how good that cover is. Makes me so frustrated about the proper cover.

PK Gaming

Alright, let's get this started!

tumblr_muizcamLst1spdy36o2_250.png

Mitsuru avatars
CLICK HERE

Mitsuru art dump (click each image for the source unless it's OA

*couldn't find source

Questionnaire
1) What are your general thoughts on Mitsuru? Why do you like/dislike her?
2) What do you think of her Social Link?
3) What did you think about her role in Persona 3? Persona 4 Arena?
4) What are your thoughts on her Persona(s)? Say anything that comes to mind.
BONUS: Favorite Mitsuru outfit

Questionnaire

1. I like S.E.E.S equally, and Misturu is no exception. Although i like her authority being able to keep S.E.E.S. together when anything crazy happens, she is a reliable leader

2. I mean to do her S. Link EVERY time i replay P3, but for some reason, i either get caught up with other S. Links, forget that i need to get my Academic rating up, or forget to even check the faculty hallway to start her S. Link

3. I liked her role in P3, taking the initiative because she wants to atone for her family's wrongdoings. And in P4A, she works with the Shadow Operatives (I always forget her position, is she leader of the Shadow Operatives, which is under the Kirijio group name, or is it separate?)
to retrieve Labrys and because of understanding Aigis, she was able to understand Labrys not wanting to be held captive again
. Plus, she believed that if you have a heart, you don't deserve to be treated like you don't have one. I respect her for that belief.

4. Her Persona resembles herself very well

5. Her Casual Winter Outfit from P3

Also, i spent 10 seconds in MS Paint for this

#MitsuruArtChallenge

EDIT= Oh wow, i didn't even get the hair right, it's not supposed to be covering the left of her face, not the right.

EDIT 2= Quick edit. Now it looks even worse :D

What are your general thoughts on Mitsuru? Why do you like/dislike her?
Solid addition to the P3 cast, i especially liked her when she was playing the calm, mature leader role of SEES and her relationship with Akihiko. I don't really like her solo character development.
I didn't like her enough to give her a place in my party (i used Akihiko, Junpei and Yukari all the way through).

What do you think of her Social Link?
Not really a fan, i didn't bother completing it in my first playthrough. Rich girl doing things like eating fastfood is pretty tropey and the whole
arranged marriage
thing was pretty farfetched.

What did you think about her role in Persona 3? Persona 4 Arena?
She's one of the only characters who i actually like more in P4A then the orignal game, i guess it's because i like it when she is in command. She didn't really stand out in Persona Q.

What are your thoughts on her Persona(s)? Say anything that comes to mind.
It fits her and looks pretty cool.

Leather P4A outfit all the way.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member

If this s true, than P5's NA release date would be super close to the Japanese one. Which would be real real nice, but we'll see. If you don't mind can you PM the twitter account? It's in English right?

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I Really like her. She's a good character and absolutely fierce. Cool hot and smart senpai? Check. competent business woman? Check. Annnnd I especially like her friendship with Yukari. <3
Mmm, from what I remember of it, it was pretty good. It was nice seeing her take control of her life and not let herself get married to that old creep just because it would look good for her company.
She's shows herself to be a level headed and strong leader type in both games. She had a solid precess that you can't ignore <3
They're pretty cool and play off the dominatrix and royalty vibe she has.
Without a question her P4A one. <3

Dantis

Questionnaire

Really great design. Used her in my P3 party. Boring ass character lacking in interesting personality traits.

Literally, the worst. I hate it. I also really hates that she literally breaks her character to fall in love with Makoto. It was dumb.

P3 is fine. I find her boring, but I see P3 as three normal teenagers surrounded by these eccentric comic book characters and that's one of the things that made me like it so much in the first place. Her role in Arena is fucking terrible though.

I have no thoughts.

I really like that pen sketch of her in the biker jacket that Soejima did. It's super good.

VegiHam

Questionnaire
1 and 3) I love Mitsuru. Because I played Persona 4 first Mitsuru was a huge part of what gave Persona 3 a totally different feel than my last game; real tone setter. She is indisputably the boss, not your bff; and while she lets you take the lead in the field she clearly runs SEES. After the major plot twists, she really steps up in that regard too. Her development throughout the game feels totally natural, and logically thought out, at least to me. I really like her design and her voice is very well done. In the Persona 4 Arena games it feels like a natural progression from what she was to what she is by the time of Persona 4; and she's well utilised for contrast with the cast of Persona 4 in subtler ways. Particularly good are any scenes she shares with Naoto or Yu.
2) I never finished it as a boy; but I enjoyed it, sort of, as FemC. I love the idea. All game she's this intimidated, cooler than you, authority figure; so the parts of the link that are about her interacting with the protagonist more as friends and equals are super interesting. But the 'how do I hamburger' parts were just ridiculous and cartoonish. It's the only part of the Game where Mitsuru feels like a generic anime rich girl and seems pretty clearly written as a 'romantic cliche' which just seems bizarre if you just wanted to hang out with your cool boss. And the arranged marriage stuff comes out of nowhere and stretches belief a little. I feel like a lot of what they were trying to achieve with this link is done better in Persona 3 (especially FES but also vanilla) anytime she shares the screen with Yukari; and better still in the Arena games in
any of here scenes with either Akihiko or Yukari, really.
4) Meh? Unmemorable.
Bonus) 'Stealth' suit.

Squire

Banned

She looks like my friend, Andrea.

Andrea's OK I guess. &#128527;
#kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom