• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just watch, and I'll show you how manly Kanji Tatsumi can be!"

8SiGbEn.png

FluxWaveZ

Well, hopefully the plans falling through was also because of Index, so they could go back to it in some form since they're out of the picture now

An anime could be cool, but I personally wouldn't want anything like a sequel. Like, I wouldn't want to see any story involving any of the characters again, outside of potentially a brief cameo ala P3/P4.

Picture of Mitsuru getting ready for the P4A stage show which is about to have its first showing in Japan:
Thing's probably going to be as silly and hilarious as any other stage show, but that kind of pic gets me excited.

FluxWaveZ

Looking at those official lyrics, it's apparent that Lotus Juice is playing the role of Sho and Hirata Shihoko is the voice of those opposing his philosophy. I think P4A's Best Friends was also about Labrys, so it makes sense.

Makio

Looking at those official lyrics, it's apparent that Lotus Juice is playing the role of Sho and Hirata Shihoko is the voice of those opposing his philosophy.

That makes the song even more PERFECT.

Hell yeah i cried the first time the intro shows up in my TV , that hype and amazing sound with the amazing animation of the opening.

Best moment ever.

D-Man

Man, reading the lyrics to Break Out Of... really helped me love the song even more. I would have never noticed that Lotus Juice was speaking from Sho's point of view. I really like that detail!

Makio

Thats it , this lyrics makes me want the intro song for P5 even more , let see the list so far

P1 (psp) = Dream of Butterfly (Beautiful Fitting Track)
P2 (psp) = Unbreakable tie (Rad fitting lyrics)
P3 = Burn My Dread (A fucking Hymn and Fitting)
P3 Portable = Soul Phrase (good song but sounds more like a anime song)
P4 = Pursuing My True Self (The lyrics are amazing , the theme of the game in one song)
P4 Golden = Shadow World (Upbeat track , but same the p4 opening the lyrics "talks" about the themes of the game)
P4 Arena = Best Friends (not a good track for a fighting game , but the lyrics are good as always)
P4 Arena Ultimax = Break Out Of... (Insane hype rhytm and amazing lyrics now the Flux says the Yu vs Sho points of view)
Persona Q = Maze of Life (the lyrics once again are fitting with the game theme).

P5= Night of The Phantom (Codename for now) for me needs to had the insane rhytm of Unbreakable Tie and Break Out Of with the lyrics meaning of Pursuing My True Self and Burn My Dread.

To be fair Atlus always use the intro song of the game in the trailers , so i think the next trailer gonna had the intro song (i can feel it)

Or maybe debut in the Concert , please....

FluxWaveZ

To be fair Atlus always use the intro song of the game in the trailers , so i think the next trailer gonna had the intro song (i can feel it)

I don't think that's true. The opening themes for their games are usually known when the game's opening is uploaded, but not with usual trailers that precede that.

Ah, but then again, P3 and P4 had their opening themes with their very first 17 minute long trailers, but it's a bit different now.

whatever it is, it better be by Shihoko Hirata

I want it to be by someone completely different. P5 needs its own vibe, not something burrowed from P3 or P4.

Jintor

Agreed flux, Absolutely, each game should be distinct visually and audibly

It makes the crossovers even more nuts!

BTW how was persons live this year? I was too busy moving into inaba to look it up

Makio

I don't think that's true. The opening themes for their games are usually known when the game's opening is uploaded, but not with usual trailers that precede that..

Well maybe im goin confused with the American trailers ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70j3cwePM_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU

But i swear i see a japanese trailer of p4 featuring the opening song in p4 golden TV shit (or was a japanese commercial ....) i dont know i need to check.

I want it to be by someone completely different. P5 needs its own vibe, not something burrowed from P3 or P4.

Same here i want a new singer to give a new vibe to the game (like Kawamura in P3 and Hirata in P4).

I have the little theory maybe one "old persona singer" make a comeback in this one.. someone like : Mayumi Fujita of P3P (seriously what happen with this girl) , Kita Shuhei of P3P , or maybe the girl who sings in the Persona 2 psp opening.

In a personal request : i love the girl (Nano ナノ) who sings in the Conception Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eZobZfGmU

Amazing voice , underrated artist , sings in full Japanese and English ... i literally lose my shit if she is the "chosen one" but i dont how works the singers / game scene in Japan.

CorvoSol

PQ

FUCK YES I GOT A BOOST ON THIS ENEMY!

*ENEMY IMMEDIATELY ATTACKS AND MY BOOST GOES AWAY*

EVERY. FUCKING. TURN. OF EVERY. FUCKING. FIGHT.

FluxWaveZ

Well maybe im goin confused with the American trailers ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70j3cwePM_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU

But i swear i see a japanese trailer of p4 featuring the opening song in p4 golden TV shit (or was a japanese commercial ....) i dont know i need to check.

I put it in the edit, even the first Japanese trailers for Persona 3 and Persona 4 had the opening songs. But the P4G TV commercials that were uploaded before the first actual P4G trailer only played Pursuing My True Self. Shadow World was made known along with the second trailer, where parts of the opening were shown. It seems that Best Friends was only revealed along with P4A's opening. They reveal a part of Yo with Catherine's first trailer, but I associate the opening theme more with It's a Golden Show, which I think was only made known when the demo came out.

We could very well get P5's opening theme with the concert or a third trailer for the game, but it doesn't seem like they've made their games' signature themes always known quickly.

I don't think there was one this year.

Instead they had Persona Music Box 2014.

PQ

FUCK YES I GOT A BOOST ON THIS ENEMY!

*ENEMY IMMEDIATELY ATTACKS AND MY BOOST GOES AWAY*

EVERY. FUCKING. TURN. OF EVERY. FUCKING. FIGHT.

What always happens to me is that I have a boost and use it to cast a -dyne spell, only for them to move first because of whatever priority move and destroy my boost. I then get to waste like 60 SP. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Also I have final exams and yet I've somehow managed to fit in 83 hours of PQ since Nov 25.

FluxWaveZ

Nope. It was just uploaded as the backing track to the P4U site, months before the release of the opening. I had it on repeat for like an entire day, haha.

Oh, that's right. Now I also feel like It's a Golden Show might have been introduced via the official website, as well, and I do think a shorter version of Shadow World might have been on the P4G site. Forgot all about those when it came to this, though they don't seem to play music on their sites anymore.

Famitsu article and another for the P4A stage show with a bunch of pics. Datsu nugu happened.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So, the other night I made some progress in PQ. Put it in sleep mode thinking I had saved it.

Went back next day and starting dicking around the in Velvet Room trying to fuse particular Pesona (A Parvati with Zio/Garu/Bufu) to give to my MC so he has all the elements.

I had made some good progress, after messing up and thinking that I saved the game, I reloaded a saved and found all my progress from the other night was gone...

So, last night, I was playing to get back to where I originally was and was making good progress, up until one point where I nearly bit it and lost all that progress AGAIN.

w3ZPTnW.jpg

THAT fucking close. Kept getting hit by a corrosion then the maskill that nearly killed everyone.

I nearly lost it and would have put the game down for a week. hahaha.

jzbluz

Okay, so apparently someone said that there was going to be an anime of DSR, and Sugita Tomokazu (Raidou/Raido VA) retweeted and said it wasn't a joke. Maybe it was some kind of joke.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, Devil Summoner would be one of the easier franchises to translate to anime, but I'm not sure the demand is there.

Do you get those animations when you set the game on the slowest battle speed?
My battle speed is normal, which is the slowest one. If I remember right, each character has two summon animations, one for using skills that deal damage and another one for skills that don't deal damage. Do these don't appear if you have your battle speed at fast/very fast?
I'm happy to see Mara again.
Rated M for Mara~

Nimby

Banned
My battle speed is normal, which is the slowest one. If I remember right, each character has two summon animations, one for using skills that deal damage and another one for skills that don't deal damage. Do these don't appear if you have your battle speed at fast/very fast?

Nope. I kinda wish there was an intermediate between Fast and Normal though. Oh well, normal battle speed isn't too slow, but I definitely prefer the higher battle speed settings.

Oh and quick question about Persona Q, haven't noticed but does sub-persona bonus HP and SP increase when leveled up?

Meia

Nope. I kinda wish there was an intermediate between Fast and Normal though. Oh well, normal battle speed isn't too slow, but I definitely prefer the higher battle speed settings.

Oh and quick question about Persona Q, haven't noticed but does sub-persona bonus HP and SP increase when leveled up?

It looks like it does slightly, at least it looks like it has so far.

I do like the slow battle speed as it makes it feel more like a Persona game. I even love the few boss battles you can get into where you see your party members standing at the ready about to fight(almost makes me wish I could pull back the camera a lil bit).

Nimby

Banned
Persona 5 release in NA cancelled:

voAG8xb.png

Can someone official confirm? I'm a bit confused about this, can you count to say 10? Or is P6, P7, P8, P9 and the inevitable P10 all cancelled? Or is it just localization issues? Will you replace the number five with something else like you did with 'poink' in PQ? Anyway, I really hope Persona Poink makes it over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom