• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The luckiest thing just let me beat the Reaper in P3, missed a thunder call when he was less then 5% health, Aigis got a random crit which knocked him back down keeping the loop alive....... and then I went to Elizabeth and realized I didn't accept the quest............................................. *persona's myself*

FluxWaveZ

I think this tweet is saying that last week's Famitsu had an interview with P Studio's Hashino, but I'm only aware of word from Shoji Meguro and Kazuhisa Wada, at least from this thread. Maybe Hashino was misinterpreted as Meguro or something.

Well, the Tweet talks about another in that "Switch" magazine featuring 100 games that are changing the future, or something (of which Persona 5 is one of them). Maybe what he says in there will be similar to whatever he might have said last week.

So, the other night I made some progress in PQ. Put it in sleep mode thinking I had saved it.

Went back next day and starting dicking around the in Velvet Room trying to fuse particular Pesona (A Parvati with Zio/Garu/Bufu) to give to my MC so he has all the elements.

I had made some good progress, after messing up and thinking that I saved the game, I reloaded a saved and found all my progress from the other night was gone...

So, last night, I was playing to get back to where I originally was and was making good progress, up until one point where I nearly bit it and lost all that progress AGAIN.

w3ZPTnW.jpg

THAT fucking close. Kept getting hit by a corrosion then the maskill that nearly killed everyone.

I nearly lost it and would have put the game down for a week. hahaha.

Hard Mode: crawlin' done RIGHT.

Nope. I kinda wish there was an intermediate between Fast and Normal though. Oh well, normal battle speed isn't too slow, but I definitely prefer the higher battle speed settings.

Oh and quick question about Persona Q, haven't noticed but does sub-persona bonus HP and SP increase when leveled up?

Yeah, Seeing a base effect on the enemies in Very Fast would be nice (still liking it on the party).

arue

Speaking of Persona Q, I re-did the Group Date Cafe questions because I wanted to see all of the characters' reactions.

I have compiled some of the destined partner dialogues for Ken, Aigis, Fuuka, Koromaru, Junpei, P4MC, Theodore, and Naoto in an imgur album (obviously end of dungeon 2 spoilers):
imgur.com/a/C3iRt

PK Gaming

Speaking of Persona Q, I re-did the Group Date Cafe questions because I wanted to see all of the characters' reactions.

I have compiled some of the destined partner dialogues for Ken, Aigis, Fuuka, Koromaru, Junpei, P4MC, Theodore, and Naoto in an imgur album (obviously end of dungeon 2 spoilers):
imgur.com/a/C3iRt

This is amazing. You're amazing. Amazing.

Just amazing. (spoilers)

Makio

Man Aigis and Naoto ones are fucking adorable.

And
Kanji stopping that shit hahahaha Rise is great .makin Naoto X Kanji more canon lol

PK Gaming

I was surprised at his reply as well. He even acknowledged it too haha.

I want to do Teddie and the Velvet Room sisters too, but I'll have to save it for another time.

He's the
Super High School Level Cross Dresser

Oops, did just discover the protagonist for DanganRonpa 3?

CorvoSol

Teddie: Sensei help me get laid!
Sensei proceeds to royally fuck up Teddie's chances of getting laid.

Silly old bear. Nobody gets laid in this town but me.

PK Gaming

Teddie: Sensei help me get laid!
Sensei proceeds to royally fuck up Teddie's chances of getting laid.

Silly old bear. Nobody gets laid in this town but me.

Oh, I made sure to
get all of the girls to show up. Do they not come if you don't satisfy them?

Even if you set it up perfecty he still manages to fuck it all up

I think it is safe to say there is a 100% chance that Persona 5 will be appearing at the event on February 5, 2015. I know it was obvious, and many of us already knew that, but for those who are or were doubting it, there's no need to anymore. On the news section for Persona 5, the news related to the PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 event also appears. Take a look. You know how on p-ch.jp, when you hover over a game banner, two links appear? One that leads to the game's official site, and one that leads to news posts relating to it?

Well, when you click the NEWS button on the official site for Persona 5, or hover over Persona 5's banner on p-ch.jp, the news posts about PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 also appear on the P5 news as events. So, yep, this event is definitely for Persona 5.

Here is the news section for P5: http://p-ch.jp/news/?tid=15 Notice something? PSL2015 posts with the rest of the P5 news posts.

I know we all knew this was for P5, but for those that didn't, this confirms it.

Also. Now Persona 5 appears under PERSONA SUPER LIVE 2015 posts, too. Information about the Persona games appears under each news post relating to that specific game, with a banner, description, and product information. On PQ news posts, PQ product info would appear under it, and the same for news posts relating to whatever game it was for. Persona 5 appears under PSL2015's posts, which further confirms this is a P5-related event.

Take a look below.

Style

Banned

imgur.com/a/C3iRt

This is amazing. You're amazing. Amazing.

Just amazing. (spoilers)

Junpei's face and reaction...
Aigis, Naoto and Yu's reaction are great too.

CorvoSol

So he has sex with Teddie then.

My OTP stands forever.

Senpai'll fuck anyone as long as it continues to establish his dominance in the tribe. Shoot, he even (P4G spoilers)
fucks the final boss, so to speak.

Oh, I made sure to
get all of the girls to show up. Do they not come if you don't satisfy them?

Even if you set it up perfecty he still manages to fuck it all up

Yeah if you
don't satisfy them then they don't show up. I managed to get Fuuka and Aigis, but Yukari and Mitsuru eluded my delicate grasp.

P3P

I forgot just how late in the game they expect you to be able to do the Aigis and Mitsuru Social Links. You have like, two months to do them. Worried I'm going to have to drop a few SLinks just to be able to finish them. Party member priority and all.

Also the techno disco club block of Tartarus is still my favorite.

Sophia

The actress for Labrys is very cute and fitting for the role. But Aigis there? She could potentially give kids nightmares. :p

So I didn't know Arena/Ultimax had pretty heavy story elements.

Question is, are they the same game and just one has extra content? If I'm more concerned about story than the actual fighting game do I need to ask for both for Christmas?

Sophia

So I didn't know Arena/Ultimax had pretty heavy story elements.

Question is, are they the same game and just one has extra content? If I'm more concerned about story than the actual fighting game do I need to ask for both for Christmas?

Fully fledged story modes for both. Ultimax is a direct sequel to Arena, and continues right after Arena's story mode ends.

However, you only need to ask for Ultimax. The story mode for the original game is downloadable in Ultimax for a mere $10. The original game is completely pointless now unless you are incapable of downloading the story mode for some reason.

Well awesome, thank you for the quick response.

I still don't even know fully what these games are. Arena, Ultimax and Q I thought were just crossover fan service games, but it sounds like they are a continuation of the stories. Why do all the P3 characters in Ultimax look so different? Are they older?

I like this pic of two of the P4A stage show actors:

Oh... my. I mean, Labrys looks good, although I think her eyebrows should be a lighter color. That Aigis on the other hand is pure nightmare fuel. She looks too much like an android. Maybe that's what they were going for but still... shudders

I wanted to embed a pic here, but since it's a P3 spoiler I'll just link it instead.

Sophia

Well awesome, thank you for the quick response.

I still don't even know fully what these games are. Arena, Ultimax and Q I thought were just crossover fan service games, but it sounds like they are a continuation of the stories. Why do all the P3 characters in Ultimax look so different? Are they older?

Both games are cross-over fanservicy games, but their stories are still canonical. Persona 4 Arena takes place a few months after the end of P4 (and thus a few years after Persona 3 FES ended), and Ultimax takes place immediately after Arena ends a day later. Thus, most of the P3 cast are 19/20 years old now.

Persona Q is a bit of a different beast, as it involves time travel during the events of Persona 3 and Persona 4. It's still canonical tho.

Soulflarz

Banned
The luckiest thing just let me beat the Reaper in P3, missed a thunder call when he was less then 5% health, Aigis got a random crit which knocked him back down keeping the loop alive....... and then I went to Elizabeth and realized I didn't accept the quest............................................. *persona's myself*

RIP Bass, we hardly knew ye

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm talking about some Yukari costume that has an anime-like face. Pure nightmare fuel. Someone is bound to know what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, those . That's kigurumi.

That smile from that Aigis is not one you would want to wake up to. Reminds me of Cockmongler.

Meia

See, and I was trying so hard not to post that as I posted like all of them on page 1 of the last thread. :p

...wonder if I still have links to the others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom